setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder - Page 2

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Quote Begin What? No! I haven't made a mess!Quote End I shouted, ready to start arguing until Avery's point stopped me short. Her house. I bit my tongue, glaring hard at the floor, and forcibly shrugged away from the door, letting her go through if she wanted. Quote Begin And I'm not up to anything.Quote End I bit out, getting more and more agitated and starting to feel guilty. Fuck, this was so bad, and it wasn't even my fault. I'd been trying to do the right thing for once! Quote Begin And they're.. they're my shoes.Quote End I stared at the stupid shoes that I'd never wear if someone paid me. It was better than looking at Avery, especially the way she'd looked at me. Over the weeks she'd been away I'd slowly come to realise something was wrong, and the way she was acting just furthered those thoughts - and the bitterness I'd felt seeing as she hadn't been around to sort any feelings out. I didn't even know what the fuck I was meant to have done. I was sure it had all stemmed from that stupid dinner party - and that's what pissed me off the most. I was the one who had the right to be angry or fucking pissed off at the way she'd reacted, not her. What the fuck had I done wrong?

The low, quiet noise of water in the background stopped as the shower shut off, and any hope I had of Avery not noticing was squashed when a floorboard creaked loudly above our heads.

Quote Begin ..they're my.... friend's shoes.Quote End I hastily added on, the desperation mixing with my hurt - and there was only one way that was going to come out. Every single thought I'd had over the last few weeks started flying round my head. Had she gone away to punish me? Seeing as it was her house, was she just back to kick me out? Well, if she was then fuck her. I gritted my teeth and turned, fixing my glare on Avery. I tried to ignore my shaking hands and the way my heart was leaping about in my chest.  Quote Begin So what, I can't have fucking friends over if I want to? It's not like you've been around for me to fucking ask.Quote End I bit out, eyes wild. I stepped back from the door, suddenly more angry than worried. So what if she found out Brad was there? So fucking what? I didn't even care any more because I didn't think it would make a difference. Apparently I hadn't been a good enough friend for her before when I actually tried so I just wasn't even going to try any more. Quote Begin What the fuck do you care, anyway?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:07 am

Why was he shouting? I flinched slightly at the rise in decibels and backed up a step, wondering what had happened to make him act so... off. Was it just me coming back? Was my presence in the house unwelcome? Maybe he'd preferred it when I was gone and he'd been able to do whatever he wanted? No one there to gripe about calorie intake or bug him about getting some exercise. But I was back and if that fact annoyed him so much he'd just have to deal with it. I nodded in thanks when he finally moved out of the way, stepping through the door but pausing to look back at him. Your shoes? There's no way those are you shoes. You wouldn't be caught dead in those in you had any other choice. At least, from what I knew of him I was sure of that. 

Or maybe things had changed more than I could guess? I shouldn't have left off coming back so long, I'd known that but... I'd just thought I'd been doing the right thing. Giving myself time to get over it so that the fact I'd been so wrong about Lenny wouldn't bother me. For the most part I'd succeeded in that. I honestly didn't think it was Lenny's fault I hadn't known, not when I'd been the one to make the assumption in the first place. The only thing that really bothered me was what his opinion of me must've been for all those months. The way I'd dressed and acted... I'd been avoiding talking to him about all of it because I'd been scared of hearing it.

I had opened my mouth to say something else, maybe just say it could wait until I'd sobered up or had some rest but I never got the chance. The noise from above drew my attention away from Lenny completely. But not for long. Oh, he had company? No wonder he'd been acting weird. Oh... I'm guessing it's not Jesse, huh? I mean, I just couldn't see you having a problem with it if I'd got back while he was here. I was rambling a little, the fact that Lenny had a guy upstairs made me feel like I was interrupting. You're right, I should've let you kn- My attempted apology was cut short when Lenny seemed to get even more agitated, my heart sinking when I heard his words. Oh God, this was exactly what I'd been worried about. I wrung my hands together as shame coursed through me. My eyes flew up to meet his, eyes wide with disbelief. What's that supposed to mean? I care because your my best friend! I know I haven't acted like that lately but... I just needed some time. I've never been good at big changes or anything like that, so when the job came up I took it. When I had the chance to stay a little long I took that too. I thought if I could sort my head out by the time I got back then... I don't know, maybe it would just be easier to talk about? I winced a little, raising my arms and hugging my chest, feeling so bad right then it almost hurt. I didn't want Lenny to be angry with me but maybe I deserved it?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 am

I shuffled about, folding my own arms and shrugging at Avery. The sudden change in mood affected me enormously, making my stomach flip-flop and my anger disappear as suddenly as it'd come on. Instead guilt took it's place. I shuffled from foot to foot, letting my back rest against the door frame.

Quote Begin Me and Jesse broke up.Quote End I said quietly, not looking at Avery and starting to scratch at my arm. I shrugged, still scratching as I tried to work out what to say. Quote Begin We're still friends? I just.. I just don't know why you're pissed at me, or whatever it even was, I just.. don't know.Quote End I said, finally looking up to meet Avery's eyes. As weird as it seemed, when I'd been angry and felt she didn't have any right to be, somehow she seemed to look like I felt. Miserable and wondering what the fuck happened, and how it happened. But a tiny spark of hope rose in me, because one thing Avery didn't look was angry any more.

There was another creak above us and I let out a chesty cough as I glanced up, pressing against my chest and trying to stop the panic rising up, replacing the hope I'd had. Shit. Avery might not be angry any more but I was sure she soon would be when she figured out it was Brad upstairs.

I could hear footsteps and I scrambled to try and do something, my gaze darting from the stairs to Avery.

Quote Begin Look! I'm, it's.. fuck, it's not what you think! It was only for a day, and you weren't here so you wouldn't know, and he didn't have any money or shit because he was kicked out, but, but.. it's okay, because he was outed, shit, I mean, that's not okay, but it is, and it isn't, but now he's outed he won't be angry any more, because that's all in the past now, and.. that was what made him behave like that before. So now it's all changed, he's changed.. he says he'll be a different person now. And anyway, it's not like that! It's just.. I know what it's like to get kicked out like that and.. it.. wouldn't be nice for me to wish that on someone else!?Quote End I rushed the words out as fast as I could, struggling to remember the argument Brad had given me when he'd turned up and I'd tried to shut the door in his face, the way it had just made sense with the way he'd said it. I'd gone from not even wanting to listen to him, to offering him a place to stay for the night. I hoped it would do the same to Avery but I couldn't help think back to what had happened in New York, how strongly she felt against him. As I was talking I was waiting for him to appear at the top of the stairs. And then he suddenly did, just wearing my toweling robe, making my stomach sink because why couldn't he just stay up there until I'd explained stuff?! He walked down enough to see both me and Avery and then stopped.

Quote Begin I thought I could hear something.Quote End Brad said, his expression unreadable but his tone cold, making my stomach twist as I tore my gaze away from him and looked to Avery, wide-eyed.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:51 am

My heart sank when he told me about Jesse, making me feel even more ashamed of myself than I had before. Wasn't there an unspoken rule about being there when your best friend broke up with their SO? Even when you put that aside there was still the fact that something significant had happen to Lenny and I hadn't been there. I wasn't even surprised that he hadn't rang me about it, not when I hadn't exactly been giving off 'talk to me' vibes. Oh Lenny... I'm so sorry I wasn't here for that. I hope it wasn't something out of the blue? I didn't see how it could've been seeing as Lenny had been talking about things between him and Jesse being rocky even before I'd left. But what did I know? I'd essentially been the worst type of friend and hadn't a clue what was going on with him, and knowing that felt awful.

A feeling that only grew when he spoke again. I'm not 'pissed' with you Lenny. I was never angry at you, not when I was the one who made so many stupid assumptions. Okay, so maybe there were a few moments of feeling less than pleased about the circumstances but... nothing that happened will stop us being friends. I hope. Because as much as I wanted that to be the case I had to be aware of the fact that maybe Lenny wasn't going to be as quick to forgive, especially when I'd missed so much.

Further noises from up above drew my attention once again and I wondered if I was going to meet whoever Lenny'd brought home. I doubted they were 'just a friend' if he was letting them use the shower. I looked again at the shoes, this time trying to look for any distinguishing signs. They looked expensive but not in a glaringly obvious way and subtlety usually meant they cost even more again. Classy, elegant mens shoes, why did that make my stomach twinge with unease? Then Lenny started suddenly speaking at full throttle, practically throwing reasons and excuses at me and I didn't even need to hear a name, the word 'outed' was all it took. Brad's here? I hissed, shock combating with fury at the fact that he was in my house. I don't- oh God Lenny. I know all about what happened to Brad, seeing as I know who- nevermind. I muttered, cutting off just as he showed his infuriating face on my stairs. I glared upwards, my hands clenching into fists. He didn't look or sound like someone overly concerned with the state of his life. Oh yes, I was just telling Lenny that there's nothing I'd like more than having you stay. Oh except maybe anything else. I stated icily, my jaw clenching slightly as I fought back the urge to just fling every insult I knew at him. It's funny but I'd have thought that you'd seem more put off by the fact your life is effectively now a shambles. Not that I cared but the fact he had the nerve to speak with such a cold tone made me angrier than I would've expected.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:11 am

I flinched, playing it off as a shrug and shook my head, but didn't look at Avery. My gaze stayed on the floor. Quote Begin Not, it's fine. It doesn't matter.Quote End I said. I just didn't want to talk about why things had ended yet, especially not with Brad in the house, or with the headache that was starting to pound away even worse than previously.

Everything Avery said sounded nice, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I couldn't believe her just like that, not when I hadn't seen her for weeks and my feelings had slowly built up into a surety that something was definitely wrong between us. I finally glanced up to Avery, meeting her eyes, but didn't get a chance to say anything before Brad turned up.

Which was probably a good thing, because Brad had a habit of using stuff he'd heard against you, especially when he was pissed off. Just the way he moved down the stairs, devoid of his usual fake charm and friendliness, had me taking a shuffling and wanting to retreat into the living area.

I squirmed when they started shouting, fidgeting more and actually moving to stand partly behind the hallway door from my position of leaning on the frame. Either the shouting or the stress was making my headache worse and I just couldn't think. No, all I could think was how this situation had even happened. Why couldn't Brad have stayed upstairs? Why couldn't Avery have just called? Why coul-

Brads cold tone cut through my thoughts. Quote Begin Wel, I can see my efforts at tidying your house were completely wasted on someone like you. But then I should have guessed, with you leaving Lenny like that.Quote End He said, his words tight and clipped like his expression. Brad looked down at Avery, not yet coming off the stairs, with such a look of derision that it wasn't just his words that made a surge of anger course through me.

The uncomfortable tension forgotten, I glared directly at Brad. I stepped forward slightly, teeth gritted and fists clenched. Quote Begin I'm not a fucking child! Nobody left me like anything.Quote End I spat at him, only to have Brad's stare turned on me. I shifted under his gaze, looking away. It was difficult not to feel ashamed. Brad had spent all the time since he'd got to the house tidying, and cleaning, and doing all sorts of shit that I didn't feel was necessary, but was also ashamed of. Even I could admit the place had been a bit of a mess and it made me feel like I'd failed somehow. Guilty that because I hadn't managed to keep things together, Brad now had something to use against Avery.

I shrunk back again, hands fidgeting around each other, picking at my nails. Brad turned to stare directly down at Avery, his expression contorting into a dangerous sneer at what she said. It just made me even more uncomfortable, remembering Brad's words from earlier. You know what it's like to have nowhere to go, to be stuck like this. I'm in the exact same place you were when you left New York, Lenny. Avery didn't know it, but her words stung for me just as much as they did for Brad. Quote Begin Thanks to you and your friends.Quote End Brad spoke, his voice dripping sarcasm, Quote Begin Have you come back to gloat? You find it entertaining to out somebody and ruin lives? Then... I can see how you treat even your friends.Quote End Brad looked pointedly at me, and then back to Avery.

Quote Begin Fuck off! It's not like that!Quote End I shouted, angry despite my other mixed emotions and determined not to let Brad try and play Avery off as the bad guy. I broke off to hack out a cough, wishing I could stop twitching with nervousness even despite my impulsive anger. Quote Begin I mean.. what? Just.. what the fuck has Avery got to do with... with this?Quote End

I looked between the two of them, suddenly nothing making sense. Why was Brad angry at Avery and not me? He just let out a short, completely humorless laugh. Quote Begin She hasn't told you?Quote End Was all Brad said. I just turned to Avery, even more confused and an unsure, sick feeling creeping into my stomach as I looked at her for an answer I hoped would end the whole situation.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics