setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder - Page 5

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 am

Words couldn't begin to describe the relief I felt when he hugged me back, especially considering there'd been a possibility that he wouldn't. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't worried he might push me away. I didn't think he'd ever be mean about it, would probably explain that it was just because it was too awkward or something... but I was beginning to see that that was just me blowing things out of proportion again. I'd had no reason to think what Lenny thought of me would change other than my own insecurities. 

The bottom line was that my thoughts were a mess but if the one thing I could think clearly about was Lenny and our friendship then it was obvious that it meant a lot to me. More than I knew, seeing as I hadn't realized how scared I'd been of losing it until I was actually faced properly with the idea of doing so. It'd been why I'd ended up doing so much to not think about it... and why I'd drank way too much at that airport bar, even if I was holding my liquor pretty well. I sighed and hid my smile by pressing my face closer to Lenny, waiting for him to say something and just feeling surprisingly okay with the silence.

When he did finally speak it was like every cliche for relief ever. It really did feel like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and like I could breathe easier, and I was so glad I'd actually had the courage to tell him how I really felt about it. The funniest thing was that as he explained I realized that I'd honestly been worries over nothing and that maybe a part of me had known that all along? Wow Lenny that's so... it's actually quite sweet. You really thought I was that confident? My smile widened and met his eyes, still trying to smooth my face into a more serious expression but I couldn't help myself. I was so happy that he didn't think of me the way I'd been worried he might've. But no, I thought you were gay so I figured 'what the hell' and didn't even think about how i was, or wasn't, dressed. I gasped as I realized what I'd said, actually clapping a hand over my mouth and blushing. Okay so maybe I wasn't holding anything so well after all.

I took a few seconds to not feel mortified before continuing. But I promised that all of that sort of stuff is a thing of the past. I think if we just set some limits then there's nothing unrealistic about aiming to stay close. I don't think Dan would say that us still being best friends was impossible either. I reached out again, this time closing my hand around his wrist, still careful with ever going for his hands because I knew what he was like about that. There would always be things I'd leave up to Lenny and that one small part of our friendship and how it hadn't changed helped me really feel like we could still be fine. Different maybe, but fine. I gave his arm a little tug. Let's go back in and talk. Plus I doubt the cold is helping that cough. Will you at least take your temperature? If it's high then maybe you're just coming down with a bug? Okay so yes I'd promised myself I'd try not to nag but I couldn't help it. I wanted to be sure Lenny was okay. Not just take his word for it either because he'd probably deny missing a limb if he though it meant avoiding a hospital trip.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Quote Begin What? It's not that sweet.Quote End I protested, Avery's sudden change in emotions just leaving me feeling awkward and embarrassed. I shrugged and shifted about on the spot and decided it was definitely time to try and move on from that part of the conversation. Quote Begin And shit, you know.. I didn't do it on purpose or anything, or try and hide I'm bi? I thought you knew all along, it was a fucking shock you didn't. I thought.. I dunno what I thought when, I mean, we weren't talking, that maybe you just.. I dunno, wanted some gay best friend or hated bi people or something weird like that. Fuck...Quote End I ran a hand through my hair. Quote Begin It's so fucking good to know that isn't true.Quote End I glanced to Avery with a smile, but that emotional weight was still looming at the back of my mind. For the past week or so I felt like a hormonal woman, emotional and miserable. But since going out onto the cold decking and with the longer it had been since Brad left, I'd started to calm down. The numbing cold actually helped somehow and as I shivered, it felt weirdly like I was beginning to wake up. And yet I still felt completely exhausted at the same time. I nodded at Avery, not sure what to say at first. I couldn't help be a little worried that the changes to our friendship would mean it wasn't as strong as before. It wasn't going to be the same. Quote Begin It's.. uh, um, not like I ever looked at you or anything..Quote End I lied, unable to meet Avery's eyes. I'd be lying if I said I was going to miss the opportunities Avery had so often to view her body because she had a very hot one, but it wasn't exactly the most important part of our friendship. It had always been like some weird extra. And when I thought about it, because of certain difficulties I had it had often made me feel paranoid or self-conscious rather than anything else. Quote Begin But, uh, if you think.. I mean, if you want to do limits and stuff then yeah... we could do that.Quote End I nodded in agreement. There wasn't much I wouldn't change to try and get things as much back to how they used to be as I could. Quote Begin And yeah... probably.Quote End I smiled a little, trying not to get distracted and wonder when the last time I'd seen Dan even was. I'd missed my last appointment because I hadn't been feeling great, and I might have forgotten a few as well.... I tried to forget about it, leaving it to think about later. My headache was bad enough as it was.

I was too tired and fed up with being achy to protest as Avery pulled me inside, but I sighed loudly and miserably before flopping onto the couch. I pushed my blanket from earlier out of the way and then pulled it back to cover my legs with it. Quote Begin You sound like Mary-Ann, Quote End I grumbled, hoarsely and holding back yet another cough, Quote Begin It's just.. I dunno, a head-cold or shit, I've only had it a few weeks or whatever. And I don't have a temperature taking thing anyway. I'll be fine.Quote End I coughed again and glared, feeling like the stupid cold was working against me. The pain whenever I breathed in hurt too, and I rubbed a hand over my chest where Brad had landed that final blow. It couldn't be that bad... A small part of me was concerned it might be, after all the problems I'd had with my ribs and lungs, but the last thing I wanted to do was go to hospital or through any of that shit again, so it had to be fine. I lifted a finger to feel at my lip, and then traced it around the inside of my teeth, feeling with my tongue too. My mouth still tasted bloody, but it wasn't anything serious. Quote Begin It's not like he knocked a tooth out or anything And everything else is.. it's probably bruises and shit, they'll fade...Quote End A particularly intense throb of pain shot through my side when I breathed in and I couldn't quite hide the wince in time. I just hoped Avery hadn't seen it and desperately tried to change the subject. Quote Begin Uh.. anyway, I... your face, I mean, what about your face? What if it bruises or.. shit! You don't have any photo shoots or anything?Quote End I asked, starting to feel even worse at the possibility Brad had actually ruined a job for Avery.[/b]Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:08 pm

My brows rose in surprise as Lenny spoke, feeling just so totally surprised by what he told me. Part of that was because some of what he said made absolutely no sense to me but at least we were talking. That was the main thing, the most important in my eyes. You really thought that? It seems a little far-fetched that I'd be okay with you being full on gay but have a problem with you being bisexual. On the other hand I can see why you might end up thinking like that considering the way I acted. I smiled a little sheepishly when he directed one at me, still feeling embarrassed for my actions but at least I didn't verge on hating myself because of them any longer. Honestly nothing could be further from the truth. I have no problem with anyone's sexuality. It's always struck me as unfair and I know how badly it would make me feel if someone had a problem with mine. I shrugged slightly, glad that I'd had the chance to reassure Lenny that I didn't have a problem with it. How could I when it was just something that was a part of who he was? The only thing that had really changed with knowing he like women too was that I'd become aware of my own actions and how inappropriate they'd been in hindsight. Yes I thought he could have made it clearer that he wasn't gay, but I'd been the one to assume he was in the first place. There was fault on both sides and I was perfectly fine with leaving it at that and moving on.

A slight flush spread across my face at what he said after but I tried my best not to let it phase me. I hadn't even really thought about whether or not he'd looked at me in that sort of way- I'd been too hung up on the fact that I'd practically walked around in my underwear to think about him looking at me in them. Oh, - oh okay. I wasn't suggesting that you had or anything of the sort. I frowned a little, wondering if him not looking meant that he didn't think I was worth looking at? Oh God, I needed to pull it together and not let insecurity start nagging at me. Lenny was my best friend and not a potential lover so opinion like that shouldn't even matter to me. Yeah I really think that it would be for the better. I'm not talking about anything drastic, I was just speaking for myself mostly. It wasn't like Lenny had been the one walking around practically naked. Although the more we talked the less embarrassed I actually felt about the whole thing. As Lenny had pointed out I was used to walking around in state of undress but that didn't stop me from wanting to live my more everyday life to a certain standard of normalcy.

Seeing as Mary-Ann is one of the sweetest women I've ever know I'm going to take that as a compliment. I shot back as I followed him in and shut the door behind me, blocking out the cold air and muting the sound of the rain. I watched Lenny as he complained his way through his excuses, feeling more at home and at ease than I'd have expected from the somewhat regular routine. A few week of anything sounds bad. Have you taken anything for it? I walked past him and headed into the kitchen area, crouching down in front of one of the cupboards. It's a good think I got a first-aid kit for most of the rooms then, isn't it? I said as I straightened up, pulling out the kit as I did so. It was very big but it was surprisingly hefty for it's size. I opened in up and pulled out one of the still unopened thermometers I had in there, bringing it over with me. I sat next to him, peering at his face and looking for anymore signs of him being ill. He didn't seem to be sweating, though he did looking tired so maybe it was the flu? I wasn't exactly a medical expert so it wasn't like I could judge. Yes but- oh Lenny you should just be careful. You've been through a lot medically and you really should go for check-ups more often. I looked at him in concern, wishing I actually was a doctor and could sneakily treat him without him being aware. Lenny sudden topic change brought my attention back to him and I nearly smiled, feeling utterly touched. No, I've nothing coming up for awhile so I'll be fine. I raised a hand to my face again, covering the area of skin that skin felt hot to my touch. I think a bruise is unavoidable, but I'll get some ice on it anyway. In fact I can go do that while you take you temperature. Under the tongue, you know the drill. I'm fine so stop trying to turn the spotlight on me. I handed him the still closed packet, leaving it up to him to open it and then rose from the couch, heading over to get a towel to drop some ice into.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 7:32 am

Quote Begin It's stupid, but other people do think that.. disappointed I'm not gay or straight or whatever, so, it wasn't really you, it was just...Quote End I trailed off, coughing a little and shrugging, and then nodding with a smile at what Avery said. It was so fair, and so.. Avery. Quote Begin Some people don't get that.Quote End How could I have thought she was one of those people? It seemed so unlike Avery in hindsight, but I hadn't had any other alternative reasons before she'd explained it and that one had seemed to most likely. I'd never have been able to guess the actual reason.

I glared weakly back at Avery at the mention of Mary-Ann being the sweetest woman, and even went to argue, but then stopped. I couldn't exactly deny it, it was probably true. Quote Begin I dunno if she's sweet or not, but she worries too much.Quote End I grumbled instead, Quote Begin And I took some.. Tylenol or shit I had, but then I ran out a while ago, I dunno. And I already said, it's not that bad-Quote End I broke off to cough, feeling more annoyed with the cold. I shifted on the couch in case it was my position causing it, even though I knew it was probably my breathing. I was trying to breathe more shallowly, as much as I could, because if I breathed too deep it hurt where Brad had hit me, but it also meant I had to breathe faster.

Quote Begin Check-ups are stupid, you either go and they tell you you're okay, which you know.. or they bitch at you for something.Quote End I'd never even gone to all the physio-or-whatever sessions for my arm, so I wasn't about to go and see a doctor just because. I rolled my eyes at all of Avery's pointless worry, but still took the thermometer. Hopefully doing it would just make her shut up about me. Quote Begin I'm not turning anything on anyone, because I'm fine too. I'm just worried about you And I won't have a temperature anyway, I don't feel hot, I feel cold. I just... I just need to sleep or something and I'll be fine. I am fine. You'll see.Quote End I said, and ripped open the packet. I stuck the thermometer under my tongue and watched Avery with narrowed eyes.

I couldn't remember exactly how long I was meant to keep the thermometer in my mouth, just a vague feeling it was a few minutes from having it taken as a child. I didn't want to ask Avery because it would mean having to take the thermometer out and start again, so I just kept quiet. I slumped back against the couch instead. Pulling up the blanket made my side twinge again, and I rubbed at my chest, feeling the tenderness. I still couldn't really believe Brad had done that, even after the last time. I sighed loudly through my nose. The TV was still on, the volume low so I couldn't hear whatever chat show it. was, and just made me feel even more tired that I was.

After nearly dozing off I caught myself, jumping back into a sitting position and wincing at the pain in my side. I figured it must be time by then and pulled out the thermometer, squinting at the numbers. Quote Begin See, ...103.2.Quote End I said slowly, reading the numbers. What was a high temperature? 105? Quote Begin See - I'm fine, I told you.Quote End I threw the thermometer towards the coffee table, rolling my eyes when it completely missed and just fell on the floor, but not moving to pick it up. I didn't have the energy. With the adrenalin from the fight completely gone, I felt almost dead..

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Are you serious? You've actually known people who were disappointed you weren't gay? That's so... so wrong. I've heard of people being against someone being gay but I've honestly never heard of someone having a problem with the opposite. I was admittedly curious now, wondering who on earth that had been and why they'd thought like that. Maybe it was one of those primadonna over-the-top gays, the kind that told you 'what was what' and could out-diva most of the models I knew. I could see someone like that having a problem with someone's bisexuality but I wasn't about to start guessing what had happened and end up making Lenny uncomfortable. Well some people really need to learn that the world isn't looking for their opinion, whether they 'get it' or not. I said primly, unable to help myself. I just so strongly disliked prejudice and I hated the idea of Lenny having had to suffer through any of it.

My head dipped in a small nod of agreement, acknowledging what he said about Mary-Ann. She did worry too much, any time I went in there she was always trying to get me to take an extra muffin and saying I needed a little more weight on my bones. She'd been looking out for everyone else as long as I could remember. I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that she does it with everyone else's best interest at heart. I watched him shift around, wondering if he had any idea how obvious his discomfort was. If the Tylenol didn't do anything to help then I don't think it's good either. I frowned at him, wondering just how horrible it would be of try knock him out with cough syrup and drag him to the hospital. Assuming I could even get him into the car. Oh wait, I'd been drinking and there was no way I'd endanger the two of us by getting behind the wheel of a car. Check ups are a necessary part of looking after yourself and making sure you're healthy. It's not about the times they don't find something, it's about when they do. At least he didn't refuse to take his temperature, with that I could handle him scoffing at my worrying. So you can be worried about me but I can't be worried about you. Sounds fair. But I grinned and squeezed his shoulder as I passed by into the kitchen. My face was throbbing again and there was a makeshift icepack with my name on it.

It didn't take long to put together what I needed, getting the ice straight from the freezer and wrapping it in the first towel I grabbed from the drawer I kept them all in. A small noise of relief passed from my lips as I pressed it to my face where Brad had struck me, realizing just how much it had hurt now that I was getting a measure of relief from it. I looked over at Lenny and kept a mental note of roughly how long he had the thermometer in, waiting for him to tell me what it said. He'd only mildly complained about having to do it in the first place and I wasn't about to throw that back at him by hovering and clucking like a mother hen. Still, when I saw his head droop I couldn't help myself and pushed away from the counter I'd leant against, heading back to the couch. When he jumped a little I was already just behind him, leaning forward to look at the result. My mouth dropped open a little, my incredibility only growing when Lenny spoke. No Lenny, that's really the opposite of fine. I walked around and pressed the of my hand to his forehead, frown deepening as it confirmed that he was burning up. I looked at his face, saw the exhaustion and wondered how sick was he? Sorry Lenny but you really need to get this checked out. Will you make it easy and get in a taxi with me or do I have to call an ambulance?

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics