setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder - Page 4

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Quote Begin I'm fine.Quote End I said back, but I let Avery touch my chin for a minute rather than flinching away, slowly pulling back instead. I wiped my lip on my sleeve again and darted my tongue out, feeling the cut. My lips definitely felt split. My knuckles stung too, and I felt like I couldn't focus on anything properly with my heart still hammering away in my chest, my skin actually sweaty with nervousness and shock.

I coughed again, holding a hand up to try and stop Avery protesting before I was able to speak, Quote Begin No, no, fuck, I'm fine. It's not that bad. I've just got a cough....Quote End I explained with a hoarse voice, wishing it would stop so I didn't seem so pathetic. Quote Begin ... he hit you, fuck, I mean...Quote End  My gaze dropped and I shrugged, desperately attempting to shrug off the feelings that her words caused to crash down on me. It was ridiculous, fucking ridiculous, but I felt like I might cry. I wanted to hug Avery but I didn't want that to just bring on more stupid feelings. I sniffed, wiping at my mouth again and holding back a cough. Quote Begin No. I just... I shouldn't have let him in. It's my fault.Quote End I said, and as I said it I realised how familiar those words were, filled with a sickening dread. My breath caught in my throat. Fuck.. hadn't I learned anything? I stared down at the flooring, shaking my head, and then turned away because fuck, I was starting to cry, or my eyes were watering or shit and I didn't want Avery to see. Something that might have been a pathetic sob started in my throat but just turned into another hacking, painful cough. Quote Begin I just.. I need a smoke, it'll be better then.Quote End I said, pacing through the living areas to the kitchen and grabbing my box of cigarettes off the counter, rushing out onto the back decking even though it was dark, raining and cold. My chest ached, but it was nothing compared to the headache and weird mind fog that was taking over. I just couldn't think. My shaking hands fumbled with the cigarettes. I went to pull one out but came up empty, staring down at the useless, empty box before throwing it down and letting out what could only be described as a whine. Quote Begin Fuck.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:48 pm

My concern only grew as I watched him, not just because he was obviously not fine but also because I wondered at the way he was acting. It was like that awkwardness that had been so thick in the air when I'd first come in was slowly returning. The brief respite we'd gotten when we been dealing with Brad was obviously over. Either that I was being overly sensitive because of the leftover tension from what had happened.

Are you sure? Have you been coughing for long? I didn't want to sound like I was nagging but couldn't help ask about it. What if he'd been feeling ill the whole time I was gone? Or at least for a good portion of it? It wasn't like I'd called him enough to have been able to keep track of something like that. I felt even worse than I had before and I hadn't thought that was possible. I just wanted to go back and deal with things differently but that wasn't an option.

My gaze dropped when he mentioned Brad striking me again, wondering if he was actually hung up on that or whether he wanted to divert focus from himself. It was obvious which of the two of us were worse off but I couldn't see Lenny just willingly admitted that he might need help, maybe even a trip to the hospital. Before I would've insisted on it no matter the reaction I might've gotten but now it didn't feel like I was in a position to lecture him on how he should handle it. After all, I was hardly an expert on it- I'd proven that. Yeah he did. But that was on Brad and no one else. My heart sank a little more when he pretty much brushed off my apology and the fact that he was really starting to sound anything but fine. 

I watched him run out, telling myself I was going to give him space and actually going as far as turning to head up the stairs. But I stopped, remembering that that was what I'd been doing with my extended trip. I just hadn't been willing to face up to anything and know I was almost doing the same thing again without realizing it. My mind was made then and I turned back to follow him out, following him out onto the covered deck, which was great from stopping the rain but did pretty much noting else. It was still cold enough that I shivered for real and wrapped my arms around myself, hoping for a little more warmth.

Look, if you don't want to talk about it then I'm okay with that and I won't pressure you. But if you could give me the chance to explain myself and what I did... well, I'd really appreciate that. Because I feel terrible about it and I don't think that will go away until I do. I took a step closer, glad I'd kicked off my heels because it meant I was eye level with him. I really missed you and... I don't want to keep missing you now that I'm back. which probably sounds crazy but... I guess what I'm trying to say it that I know things aren't just going to get straight back to normal but I also know they'll stay awkward unless we at least talk a little. I took a deep breath, biting down on my lip because I didn't want it shaking and giving away the fact I was close to tears.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:03 am

The wind was cold and I folded my arms. I didn't return back inside though. Instead I was focused on Avery, even though I shifted and couldn't quite maintain eye contact, I was still focusing on her. Her and what she was saying. It grounded me, a voice through the threat of a panic attack and I slowly began to calm from what had just happened. I took a few breaths, thinking and waiting until I felt ready, and then spoke. Quote Begin No.. I.. I don't not want to talk about it, I just.. I don't even know what it is, I don't know what happened... Just suddenly something didn't seem right and then you weren't here. Quote End I croaked, wiping at my nose and shaking my head. I still couldn't understand it - how things had changed so quickly or even why they'd changed. IT seemed like one second we were the closest best friends and then the next, we weren't.

I gripped my folded arms in the cold of the wind, bracing myself against it. Quote Begin I've.. missed you too. Quote End I mumbled with a muffled cough and quick glance to Avery before looking back down to the floor. Quote Begin And I wish things were normal.Quote End I said, and there was that great load of shitty emotions weighing down on me again, a suffocating feeling. Because that was exactly what I wanted, but what I couldn't seem to have. For things to be normal again.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:08 am

Waiting for a response left me with a feeling like having a tight band around my chest, squeezing and making me feel almost short of breath. I knew it was just a reaction to how anxious I felt but knowing that didn't stop it, didn't help even slightly. The whole time I'd been gone I'd tried to think about anything but Lenny and what had happened, so it wasn't as though I had thought about what I'd say in a situation like this. But standing here now I knew exactly what I did want to say to him, no preparation necessary. I know and I'm really sorry about that. I just... I freaked out Lenny. Finding out you weren't gay... I panicked a little bit. Or maybe a lot. I reached out and touched his forearm, hoping that I wouldn't wuss out when I was so close to telling him what I'd felt and why I'd been so stupid.

I was scared of what that meant for the way I'd acted. If you thought I knew you were... bisexual all along- I just, God I was terrified that deep down you thought I was just some tramp who was incredibly tacky walking around half-dressed and... your opinion of me is so important to me. I didn't want to find out I'd been wrong about it, so I ran away. Ashamed didn't even begin to cover how I felt about it now that I was actually coming clean and admitting my actions. I'd never been very competent when it came to handling delicate personal situations but this had taken it to a whole new level.

His words made me feel simultaneously worse and better at the same time. Worse because I was beating myself up for even being gone long enough to be missed and better because, well, I was glad to know I wasn't the only one who'd felt like that. The weight of emotion that his voice seemed to carry broke down the last of my restraint and I felt my eyes well up and brim over. I raised my arm and hastily wiped at my eyes while Lenny was looking down, not wanting to look like I was being overly dramatic. I'd been a mess of emotions for weeks and Brad had just been the tipping point. 

That's all I want too but I just don't know how to make it be that way. I just want to be able to snap my fingers and have everything be fine. I raised my hand again and gave my eyes another hasty wipe but getting rid of the physical evidence did nothing to stop my voice sounding so thick. I was just so upset because I was so scared to make a step towards doing that, towards making things better, in case I picked the wrong one and just made things worse. I wasn't even fully aware of what I was doing when I stepped forward and pressed my face against his shoulder, just automatically seeking comfort from the source I'd always felt like I'd been able to go to. I'm so sorry, you couldn't even guess how much. My voice was muffled and a little shaky, but I hugged him anyway because he was my best friend and I wanted to feel like everything was okay even just for a second.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 am

Avery's explanation hit me more than any other surge of emotion had. It left me a strange empty feeling apart from the throbbing of my chest, replacing my frustrated confusion as realization slowly set in. I'd been right about my orientation being the cause of the rift between us, but not about why. I'd assumed it was some discrimination issue when actually.. it wasn't that at all.

Seeing Avery's wet eyes and hearing the raw edge to her voice made my own eyes prick, but it was the hug was that finished me. I wrapped my arms around Avery. While everything seemed like such a mess, now that I knew the reasons it didn't seem like such a big mess. I couldn't feel slighted or wronged any more when Avery's reason for being upset was about her concern over what I thought of her, not what she thought of me. I buried my nose into her shoulder, sniffing against the soft material of her sweater.

Quote Begin I never thought you were a.. tramp.Quote End I said after a long but comfortable silence of just holding her. I didn't move because speaking without looking at Avery, words muffled by her clothes, felt easier somehow. It suddenly felt like I was the one who'd been in the wrong for her to think like she did and I felt very conscious of saying the wrong thing and making her feel even worse. Quote Begin I just.. I dunno. At first I thought it was kind of weird, but... I didn't want to say anything because it just seemed normal. I thought it was just because you were  really comfortable with how you looked, with yourself or whatever.. y'know? And then when we went to New York and the other models were like it too, I dunno, I just thought it was a model thing, that you were used to being in front of people and cameras and shit and that sort of thing didn't bother you. Confidence,  uh.. that strong woman stuff people talk about... Quote End I shrugged, and very gently pulled back, glancing up to Avery. I didn't voice it, but I'd actually been envious of Avery in a way, of how unashamed she seemed to be of her body. Quote Begin I guess... I thought that all that was normal, normal for someone who likes their body.Quote End

Quote Begin Yeah... I wish that kind of shit was possible.Quote End I said quietly, with a crooked smile, Quote Begin Dan just says something like it's unrealistic, expecting the impossible, setting aims too high.Quote End I picked at my nails, sniffing thickly to try and disguise how upset I was, but only ended up setting off another series off coughs that I automatically tried to muffle against the back of my hand, only reminding myself of the irritating pain of my face and knuckles.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics