setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder - Page 3

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 pm

The fact that I'd worked in the fashion industry for years made it all the more incredible that I couldn't recall ever meeting someone more obnoxious than Brad. He was a total creep in my eyes, knowing what I did about him and what he'd done to others with no remorse. Well, he certainly seemed like he did it without giving a damn about people getting hurt but even with him I couldn't bring myself to assume that was the case. Maybe part of him cared? I doubted it, but no one could really know except himself. That didn't stop me disliking as much as I did. Honestly, it verged on hatred and that wasn't something I was used to feeling. 

Oh well, I'm sorry. Sorry that I really feel no appreciation for an unwanted guest cleaning my house. I said, arching my brow as I wondering if he'd actually expected gratitude for his actions. With anyone else I would've shown that gratitude, but not with him. In my eyes he was a horrible person and his 'someone like you' comment didn't even phase me. I felt bad for leaving like I had but it was none of his business and he wasn't exactly in a position to pass judgement on my character. The only person I had to answer for my action to was Lenny, and I'd have done that if Brad hadn't interrupted.

I glanced at Lenny when he spoke up, glad to see him defending himself to Brad. It wasn't that I thought he was incapable of doing so but from what he'd told me of their history I did feel a certain degree of surprise at it. But I nodded, agreeing with him. I trust Lenny being here, with or without my presence. There was no need for you to clean so I refuse to feel bad about the fact that you have. If that irritated him then that was his problem, I was far too angry to even care. Why had he even bothered? Surely he'd hadn't thought he'd be staying here that long.

What he said next totally threw me though. What on earth had I to do with his outing? That was entirely on Allegra, Felicia had told me she'd tried to convince her not to take action on it but that Allegra had adamant about 'revenge' or however she'd phrased it. But the fact that he had the nerve to implicate me in all of it was rage inducing. I glared at him, making a disgusted noise when he spoke to Lenny. What? Was he trying to make me seem like the bad guy so that Lenny would turn on me? I turned, looking at my friend now and doing my best to ignore the other presence in the hallway. I think what Brad is referring to is the fact Felicia found some... shall we call it damning evidence? Well she found that to do with Brad being gay and obviously realized she was being used as a cover. She was so in love with you and you devastated her. I spat, turning back to Brad for a moment before returning my attention to Lenny. She turned to Allegra and it was her who basically decided that attempting to ruin Brad's life was the only suitable recourse. I frowned, still not sure what any of that had to do with me. I got a call the other day and was told me about it. I was going to tell you about it when I was in the door more than a few moments but obviously we were talking about other things first. And I hadn't called him and told him because after New York I'd thought he'd had enough of Brad, and after everything that monster had done to him telling him over the phone seemed so... cold. Especially after how I'd acted.

I had nothing to do with your outing and I fail to see why you'd jump to that conclusion. The most I did was tell Allegra to keep an eye on Felicia, that I didn't trust you not to hurt our friend. And yes, to convince her not to continue a relationship with you because of that. Which was true so I had no qualms about Brad and whatever twisted theories about this he'd come up with. He'd brought it upon himself anyway, acting like he did and just using people, discarding them when they no longer served a purpose.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:30 pm

In the thick of the argument, only one thing properly made it through the tense atmosphere and made me stand up straighter, stop gritting my teeth and turn from glaring at Brad to looking at Avery, surprise flickering over my tired features. She trusted me that much? I stared at her, struggling to take that in as the two threw barbs back and forth. It was only when Avery addressed me again that I came to.

Quote Begin Damning evidence?Quote End I repeated, still slightly confused. I looked between her and Brad, not knowing why he'd even tried to involve Avery if she wasn't involved. I screwed my eyes shut, my head pounding even more.

Brad sneered, and I could sense he didn't like being ignored, Avery talking to me and not him. I didn't even need to sense it. I knew Brad enough to know that was exactly the sort of thing to piss him off. He came down the stairs, his eyes staring and wild. Quote Begin I'm not gay.Quote End He gritted out. In the hallway he seemed even taller than he actually was, practically towering over me and Avery. Quote Begin And you're saying you had nothing to do with it? Bullshit. I bet you sat with your little friends, that dumb bitch Allegra, I bet she started it. What the fuck help did any of you do? Felicia was happy, isn't that what women like you want? A fluffy, fairytale life? I did her a favor going out with her, no-one else was exactly stepping up. What's wrong with it if she was enjoying herself? You're the ones who've ruined everything - don't try kidding yourself it was me. Oh, and Lenny,Quote End Brad turned to me quickly, his eyes glinting maliciously, Quote Begin They sent the video to everyone on my contact list - your parents included. They'll easily work that one out and it'll just be one more thing for them to be disappointed in. You can thank your friend and her bitchy friends for that.Quote End

Video? I stared, shocked and slightly panicked and so angry underneath it all. I wasn't sure who I was angry at, if it was Brad, Avery, Felicia or Allegra, or even myself. Quote Begin You deleted that?Quote End I said, my voice strung out and high as I stared at Brad in shock. He'd deleted that video.. he said he'd deleted it. The thought of Brad still having any videos and that they might have been sent to my parents made me feel sick, the shock so strong that my headache was just pressure in the background. Brad snorted at my outburst, but didn't even turn to me at all. It was like I didn't even matter. His focus was completely on Avery and the part he felt she'd played in whatever had happened.

While he'd been talking earlier, Brad had walked closer and closer to Avery and at this point he was looming over her, looking down at her with utter hatred in his eyes. Threatening wasn't strong enough a word to describe the situation and it made me wonder if this was what it'd looked like when we'd used to argue, fight. I could see the tension in his body, his muscles, practically waiting to lash out. It snapped me out of my disbelieving daze. Would he actually hurt Avery? At other times I'd have denied it, thought it would never be possible. Even when we'd used to fight, it had been two sided... hadn't it? But the way Brad was looking at Avery in that moment was hard to deny. He actually looked crazed with rage. Totally fucking crazy. The possibility was suddenly very real and the image in my head of him lashing out at my friend made me snap.

I surged forward, a snarl in my throat and my eyes set on Brad. My lunge caught him off guard, sending him off balance, and with my hands on his chest he staggered backwards. It was just the opportunity I needed. My fist met his nose, a satisfying but sickening crunch sounding above our grunts and shouts. The next few seconds were a blur, but the sight of blood already on Brad's face filled me with enough determined euphoria that the pain of his returning punch to my jaw didn't even register at first. Nothing registered above wanting to pummel him into the ground. For the comments about myself, about Avery, about my parents and all the little jabs he'd made over the years just to try and hurt me - I was going to hurt him. We grappled, pushing and shoving, fists swinging and I got in a few more hits, spitting blood out at Brad and then taking my turn to sneer at him in derision as he'd too often done at me.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:50 am

Yes, damning evidence. Some sort of secret phone full of what 'I can only imagine Brad thought were 'trophies' or something equally off putting. My gaze flickered briefly over to Brad, my expression one of having something that smelled horrible right under my nose. I couldn't help myself, that was just what being in Brad's presence did to me. I wasn't trying to antagonize him, my words weren't meant to rile him up they were simply the truth and if anyone deserved to hear those truths so harshly it was him. 

This whole situation could have been a turning point for him in his life. Before I'd thought that maybe part of the reason he was so awful was that he had to hide something that was so natural to him and not something he could change about himself. He'd gone about it totally wrong and had obviously hurt people along the way but now could've been his chance to start making up for that, to try live better and more honestly. It was a chance he was obviously throwing away and if someone would just throw it away like that then they didn't really deserve it in the first place. When he actually had the nerve to try and deny being gay right then and there I scoffed, shaking my head in disbelief. You've got some nerve trying to pull that off after everything that happened. I sighed at his accusation but just arched my brow at him, looking supremely unconcerned. I'm sorry but which one of us has a history just full of the brim of lies and hiding things? Oh right, yes that would be you. I'm not the one with questionable integrity and as hard as you try you won't make me trip up and look like I've something to hide. You can't twist my words because I'm afraid I've this little gift of being able to make myself exceptionally clear. I squared my shoulders and refused to feel guilty over something I had so little to do with. 

Felicia might've been reasonably happy but it wouldn't have lasted and I didn't feel bad for wanting her relationship with this piece of crap to end. All he had done was use her and any nice gestures he made would've been fake. So him trying to use her to further his argument just made me feel even angrier than I already had. Plus he hadn't talked to her the way myself and Allegra had. He wasn't a close friend that she'd reveal relationship problems to. Are you kidding me? She wasn't as happy as you think Brad, nor as stupid. She knew something was up but she couldn't put her finger on it. She would call us in tears because of something you'd done or some way you'd acted that she didn't understand. Your 'favor' just kept her from meeting a guy who'd actually care about her. And it's funny you think no one else was stepping up, she obviously didn't tell you about the dates she'd still get asked on whenever she went anywhere without you.

I thought I'd be prepared for anything that he threw at me after that, but I wasn't prepared for what he threw at Lenny instead. My eyes widened a little as he spoke and the poisonous words he directed at Lenny were just... so wrong on so many levels. I couldn't believe that someone would do something like that. When I'd heard what Allegra had done it wasn't like I'd approved, but now hearing that it might've affected Lenny like that just made me feel sick to my stomach. I wanted to reach out to him and try to reassure him but I felt frozen in place. My gaze was so fixed on Lenny that I felt rather than saw it when Brad came closer. I looked up, my eyes meeting those of the man now hovering over me and I as much as I wanted to be unaffected by it I couldn't help the apprehension I felt right then. His anger seemed to radiate off him in waves and I tried to take a step backwards but was stopped when I ended up flat against a wall I hadn't realized I was already so close to. There was no room to move away and I felt myself getting defensive. You're sick. I can't believe you've the nerve to lash out at others for things that can all be traced back to your own actions. I spat out, regretting the words when I saw his eyes almost flash with rage and his arm twitch, like he was about to hit me.

But he never got the chance. I saw movement out of the corner of my eyes and I didn't even have time to register it before Lenny had crashed into Brad, my brain freezing up and not immediately understanding what was unfolding before me. I watched the two men with my heart in my throat, feeling stunned by what I was seeing. It wasn't until I saw the expression on Lenny's face that I snapped out of it. The way he was looking at Brad just didn't sit right with me, like I was looking at someone else's expression on the face of my best friend. I rushed forward, trying to grab Lenny by the shoulders and pull him away from Brad but as I did I felt a stinging blow across my face. I gasped, hand flying up and clutching my cheek. "Don't interfere, you stupid bitch." He didn't even look at me when he said it, still focused on Lenny but the action and his words were enough. I went for the closet, pulling it open and reaching in, grabbing the baseball bat that I kept in there before I rushed back, this time not stopping until I'd pulled Lenny away enough to step in, brandishing the bat at Brad. Stop right this second you piece of shit. This bat belonged to someone who would have no problem beating your skull in with it and I think it still carries some of that spirit. I want you out of my house. Get your crap and after that I don't give a damn where you go. Get out or I'll call the cops in a heartbeat.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Brad was incredibly riled up - he always did get like that if you said the wrong thing, and Avery had said plenty of them - but I was equally so. We were both so into punching the shit out of each other that nothing else registered. All that mattered was my fists meeting Brad's body, as many times and as hard as possible. I was completely one-minded. Not even a pull on my shoulders could stop me. Nothing could.

Right up until Brad hit Avery.

I couldn't believe it at first, so much that I stopped, stared at Brad and glanced round to Avery in shock. It was exactly the opening Brad needed. I felt, rather than saw, the punch to my ribcage, all the air knocked out of my lungs leaving me spluttering for breath.

This time when Avery pulled at me I didn't let up any resistance at all and let her drag me away from Brad. I was actually thankful for her and the bat in between me and him, the enraged look in his eyes reminding me of the last time our fights had gotten serious. I could hardly believe it. All the nice things he'd said earlier... even going so far as to say he was changed. As I sucked in a breath, each one just making me cough, I could only glare back at him miserably. Brad knew about my previous abdominal surgeries, and he knew how I'd been coughing all that day, and yet he'd still purposefully gone for the blow on my chest. It was actually terrifying. The rage was still in his gaze and it dispelled any anger I'd been feeling for the moment, just leaving me coughing feebly behind Avery, hands shaking and the taste of blood on my tongue from cut gums and mouth.

Brad snarled at us, or more likely the appearance of the bat, blood still dripping from his nose. His hands reached up to it and his eyes widened, looking even more murderously at me. Quote Begin You fucking bitch, you broke it!Quote End He practically screamed, and my blood ran cold. He almost went to step forward again and fight past Avery to get me back, but stopped when he looked at the bat bat, just closing his mouth and clenching his jaw tight instead.

And then just in one second, his features seemed to smooth over, his cold, calculating stare replacing his rage as Brad stood straight, as tall as he could. Quote Begin If that's how you want to play it.Quote End He replied to Avery, his words clipped and dripping with poison. Quote Begin My bags are through there.Quote End Every word sounded strained, unleashed anger so close to the surface underneath them.

Avery and I stepped back to let him pass into the living area, the bat between us and Brad the whole time. He grabbed his bag, the force of his movement giving away the rage he was trying so hard to hide in his otherwise composed being. He walked back past us, not even looking at either me or Avery and yet the hairs on the back of my neck still stood up, skin crawling. He even bent down and took the time to do up his shoes, seemingly not bothered me and Avery were still there, and finally opened the front door.

Brad didn't need to issue a threat as he stepped out of the door. The look in his eyes when he looked at me was enough. There was the slam of the door, and he was gone.

I let out the breath I'd been holding in - out of both fear of Brad and the pain from that last punch - and promptly went into another coughing fit. Quote Begin Fuck.Quote End I spluttered out, covering my mouth with my sleeve and wiping it against my bleeding lip too when I'd recovered enough, even if I had to breathe shallowly and my chest throbbed. My head throbbed too, the headache from earlier coming back tenfold, but I just had one thing on my mind.

Quote Begin Avery?! Are you okay?!Quote End I rushed over to face her, stifling another cough and checking her face over frantically. My heart stopped at the noticeable red mark over her cheek. Quote Begin He hit you.Quote End I breathed the words out hoarsely, staring at Avery in shock. Even when I'd seen the look in Brad's eyes earlier, even though I'd felt he could or would actually hit her... it was so different to actually seeing the effects of him having done so and it didn't make it any less shocking.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:13 am

Shaken up didn't even begin to cover how I felt as I watch Brad gather his belongings, ignoring anything he said because I refused to give him the satisfaction, all the while trying to not let those feelings brim over into a physical reaction. It was a miracle that my hands holding the bat actually kept steady, making me seem so much more composed than I actually was right then. My cheek throbbed painfully but I knew it could be so much worse, especially when I glanced at Lenny, my heart squeezing painful at the sight of blood on his face, and even when I wasn't looking at him I could still hear him coughing. Was he okay? Had Brad hit him hard enough to cause serious damage?

The thought made my grip on the bat tighten and I longed to lash out at him, even if he was already leaving. It was a good thing that at that point he was already heading for the door. I watched him carefully, not altogether sure that he wouldn't just turn back at the last moment and do something else, cause even more damage than he already had. 

I didn't miss the look he gave Lenny just before he slammed the door shut and the sight of it combined with the loud bang of the door being shut so violently made me shake. I lowered the bat, setting in down leaning against the wall and tried to exhale without my breath catching. It didn't work though, and my breathing was shaking as much as I was. It was like I hadn't realized just how scared I'd been until Brad had finally left and I felt exactly how relieved that made me.

The sound of Lenny cursing had me whipping around to face him, frowning in concern as I got in the bleeding lip and the way he was still coughing. I wanted to reached out and try comfort him but I still wasn't sure if he'd appreciate that. I felt nervous and unsure and a little annoyed at the fact that no matter how many times I tried to calm myself down I was still shivering despite the fact that I wasn't even cold.

I startled a little when Lenny came at me, his own concern obviously and making my early caution fly out the window. I'll be fine, it's you who I'm worried about. I reached out, lightly gripping his chin and tilting his head so get a better look an his face and any injuries other than his lip. Yeah, but he hit you a lot more and I guessing a lot harder. Are you okay? I wanted to grab him in a hug but that last punch he'd gotten to the ribs made me cautious about doing so. It was hard to resist though, especially when I knew that right then hugging him was probably one of the few things that would help me calm down. I'd almost forgotten just how much comfort and reassurance I took from our friendship.

Lenny... I- I didn't know what I was trying to say but I knew what I wanted. I wanted us to be back to normal and if he was willing to listen I wanted the chance to explain my actions. But I was reeling from what had happened with Brad and my mind was still too scattered for me to even know where to begin. I sighed and looked at my best friend, surprising myself with the way my eyes welled as I did so. I dipped my head, feeling so ashamed of myself. I'm so sorry Lenny, I should never have gone anywhere without talking to you first. Without explaining. Maybe then none of this would've happened. I'd've been here when Brad showed up and never have let him step foot the house. Lenny wouldn't have had to go through this.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics