setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:01 am

Thread Details

avery and lenny's | raining | late

The taxi pulled up outside the house, my house, and there wasn't any sense of homecoming. Not that I'd expected there to be. I hadn't exactly been looking forward to coming back from the photoshoot-turned-vacation that I'd been away for. As much as I wanted to say I'd loved the location so much I hadn't been able to leave... well lying to yourself was pointless and I'd never been very good at it. Not lately anyway. I'd gotten better as a person from facing cold, hard truths but that just didn't feel like an option with this situation. Of course there was every likelihood that that was because I didn't want it to be an option and preferred the idea of avoiding it. 

The fact that I'd specifically gotten a late night flight back to Seattle proved that I wasn't exactly eager to get back. Or the hour I'd spent knocking back drinks in the airport bar before finally finding the guts to hail a cab. I was being a total coward and I knew it, but there was just things I knew I'd have to face when I got back that I still wasn't sure I was ready for. Things that I hadn't talked about that I knew I should. I couldn't avoid what had happened forever. 

A sigh slipped past my lips and I paid the cab driver, just about managing to get out of the car without falling flat on my face. My luggage was being dropped off the next day and I was increasingly glad about that when I was having enough trouble walking to the front door without that extra burden. I leaned my forehead against the cool surface of the door. Avoiding things was no longer an option. Allegra had called me the other day and told me about a blow up between Felicia and that ass, Brad. Something about a secret phone and a subsequent outing. As in, Brad no longer having a choice about hiding away in the closest. I didn't even need to be told that that idea had been Allegra's. Felicia was too sweet, and utterly devastated by the whole thing. So when she'd asked about coming to stay with me... well it hadn't been like I could say no. 

I groaned and thumped my head against the door before shoving my keys into the lock, twisting and pushing the door open. I stumbled and bumped into the wall before managing to veer towards the door again, pulling my keys back out and trying to close it softly. The whole reason I'd been so eager to get a late flight was in the hopes that maybe I'd have the night to acclimatize to being back, but now I wished I'd done something else. I turned off the overhead light in the hall as I passed the switched, a wry smile pulling at my lips at the thought of Lenny leaving them all on. It was wiped off pretty quickly though, more sobering and embarrassing thoughts coming through as they always did now when I thought of my best friend. I dropped my handbag on the entrance table and bent down with the intention of slipping off my heels. God, one thing I really was looking forward to was finally sleeping in my own bed again.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Unwelcome Reminder

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:11 pm

OOC Message
Wearing worn, slept-in, knitted sweater and sweatpants. Has very dark circles under eyes and fingernails are practically nonexistent.

It was late, and I was set up in what had become my typical place this time of night - on the couch, in front of the TV, trying to ignore the paranoia that had crawled it's way back into my head the past few nights. A persistent headache and cough just made it worse. The small stack of too familiar envelopes on the coffee table didn't help either. I hated their presence there but even if I hid them I'd still know where they were anyway, and not being able to see them somehow made it worse. As if I needed to watch them to make sure nothing happened - when they were just fucking letters.

I'd been hoping having someone else in the house might help, but so far that night it was just making things worse. As well as every sound or noise outside making me jumpy, which was a lot considering the rain, I couldn't stop fixating on how I was going to hide that Brad had been in the house from Avery. I kept telling myself it would only be a few days, just a few days...

A sudden noise bought me back to my senses. I jumped more than turned to face the door into the hallway, my skin crawling. A chill shot down my spine. My phone was upstairs charging and I just couldn't think over the fear. Slowly, so slowly, I took the spray can from next to me and got up of the couch, trying not to make a sound. My hands shook and my breathing was already shaky. Brad was still in the shower. I knew Brad was still in the shower because I could hear the sound of water going through the pipes, and if I listened hard enough, the faint sound of the shower even from upstairs. So it wasn't Brad in the hallway, it was something else making those sounds. Someone else.

I padded shakily across the floor, struggling to swallow as I held the can up and stood in front of the door, noises intensifying and multiplying with just the wooden door in the way. I couldn't think beyond the noises. The sound of the TV had just because white noise in the background, secondary to the shuffling in the hallway. I stood, staring at the handle as it took a few seconds to psych myself up to opening the door. All I could imagine was him being the other side. The image of him just being there, burnt into my brain...

I quickly flung the door open, holding the spray can as firmly as I could in one shaky hand and holding the chain from around my neck in the other, preparing myself for the worst. I caught sight of a familiar flash of red in my vision and just as suddenly as the terror had risen, it vanished and was replaced with a dizzying relief. Quote Begin Avery?! Quote End I wheezed out, not realising how shallowly I'd been breathing since I'd first heard noises. The can dropped to the floor when I broke into a fit of coughing and I tried to muffle it against my sleeve, so glad it wasn't him that I couldn't think past that and the fact it was Avery back - and how that was a whole different problem in itself.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:37 am

OOC Message

Forgot to include her outfit >.<
Sweater Smiley face Smiley face

Rain pelted against the glass and I just stared out at it for a few moments, lost in personal musings about all the recent events that had led up to now. And some not so recent ones. Everything I'd learned in New York, and then what I'd learned about Lenny when we'd had Helios over for that joke of a dinner party. My stomach still tightened with embarrassment at the thought of it. Now Felicia was devastated and felt terribly guilty over it. I'd known about Brad and the fact that he was using my friend but the most I'd done was try convince Felicia she could do better and ask Allegra to do everything she could to break them up. I hadn't revealed any specifics or given any real details, but they'd found out the truth anyway. I could've saved them so much trouble, and in Felicia's case; heartbreak, by just being honest from the start.

But I hadn't done it. I'd kept the secret for Lenny because he'd been paranoid about Brad finding out it was him who'd let it out. On one hand I'd done the right thing while also managing to do the wrong thing in a related yet slightly removed situation. There had been no definitively 'right' answer to what to do, I was at least sure of that. Plus, Felicia was strong, confident and perpetually optimistic, there was no way that this would keep her down for long. I pulled out my phone and got up the text she'd sent me, asking to come stay. Saying yes was the very least I could do considering the part I'd played in all this. 

My whole body jerked slightly when the door suddenly swung open, my hip hitting painfully off the edge of the entrance table due to the fact that I'd practically jumped in surprise. I drew in a sharp intake of breath and my hand went to the offending area that now throbbed in discomfort, like putting pressure on it would somehow help. Holy crap- My eyes flew to the doorway, seeing Lenny there with a spray can in his hand and my eyes widened. What on earth Lenny.. are you trying to give me a heart attack. I felt a quick surge of happiness at the sight of my best friend, but of course that ended up being overpowered by everything else that was going on. How had I possibly not known he was gay? 

I cleared my throat, glad that I wasn't so inebriated that I couldn't speak. Sorry, that wasn't much of a 'hello', was it? I gave him a weak smile and turned, undoing the belt and buttons of my raincoat, shrugging it off and hanging it up, taking care to pat down the pockets for forgotten items. I knew I was stalling, just delaying the inevitable awkwardness I'd feel when I looked at him again. But I couldn't do it forever, so I turned back with every intention of being normal as possible. Which was somewhat ruined when I ended up nearly tripping as I walked forward. With a frustrated sigh I kicked off one heel at a time and nudged them out of the way. I'd deal with cleaning in the morning. Right now I felt like I needed one last drink before bed, but Lenny was still standing in the doorway. Do you mind if.. I just need to get by... Wow, even I thought that sounded overly-polite but hopefully Lenny wouldn't really notice.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:54 am

I nodded, moving for Avery to get through, and then stopped, my eyes widening.
The fact that Avery was back suddenly hit me. How cold she seemed to be and just unfriendly compared to what I was used to, before she went away and started acting weird, were pushed to the back of my mind in favor of a more pressing matter. Brad.. Avery was going to kill me if she found out I'd let Brad stay.

I rushed to block her way again, shoving my body in the way of the door and finally barking out one last cough. Quote Begin No! No, uh, there's.. it's..Quote End My eyes caught sight of Brad's stupidly smart shoes the other side of the door and the panic within me just grew even more. How the fuck hadn't Avery noticed them? But how long would it take her to notice something that did belong to Brad? I couldn't even remember what he might have left downstairs, hence why Avery couldn't go through. Or go upstairs either... fuck.

Quote Begin I, uh.. - where are your bags?! Quote End I half-shouted, leaning on the doorframe and trying to play it cool when I could feel my skin heat up and start to sweat. All I could think of was somehow getting Avery back out of the house and then somehow getting Brad out too. Quote Begin You didn't say you were coming back!Quote End The words slipped out, sounding like an accusation. If she'd just fucking rung ahead then... then I wouldn't be in the mess of a situation I'd somehow gotten in.

Back to top Go down

Avery Marx |

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 am

Well... things had gotten very weird, very fast. My brows rose as Lenny actually moved to block my path through. Okay... I honestly had no idea how I should react to that. I'd already tried being polite. Maybe he was mad at me? My brain drunkenly stumbled past all sorts of different scenarios to explain why he would do something so strange, but none made any sense and I was quickly starting to feel frustrated. A guilt-lace frustration that did nothing for my ability to be patient, so I felt even worse about the fact that I was close to getting annoyed with him. Look Lenny, if you've made a mess while I'm gone it's fine -but I'm tired so it can be dealt with in the morning. Why else would he be blocking my way? It must've been an absolute warzone in there if he'd actually go so far as to block my way.

His question about my bags had me confused for a moment and I just stood there blinking at him before I started to look around. Um... my bags? My gaze raked over the hall even as I spoke. They're... oh! I left them at the airport. They were just far too difficult to managed and you can pay to have them dropped off at your house. I've the important stuff in my handb- I stopped, frowning as I caught sight of something else in the hall. ...Lenny, whose shoes are those? There was no way Lenny would wear something like that, they looked so... well-made. And not at all scruffy. Maybe they were Jesse's? Were Lenny and Jesse even still together? In that moment I felt like such a terrible friend for not knowing the answer to that question.

My eyes narrowed on Lenny when he continued, still blocking the door and keeping me out of the living area. My living area. Last time I checked this was still my house. I think that means I can come and go as I please, wouldn't you agree? I frowned for a moment longer before it slipped away, accompanied by a sigh. He really could not be more obvious. Even drunk I was oblivious to it. Look, what are you up to? And don't say nothing. I'd had way too many cocktails to be in the mood for playing games. Well, not these kind of games anyway.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics