setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Careless - Page 9

[Private] Careless

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] Careless

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:20 am

I had never told anyone how I’d been turned. I’d never admitted to anyone what I was unless I was about to kill them. Even then, I didn’t speak it. I let my actions speak for themselves. What was the harm in telling Sofia? She knew what I was. She wasn’t running, even if that was more my doing than her own. Maybe, I’d have some insight from her. From someone fucking normal. From someone with even an ounce of humanity. Was I going to ask her for advice? Hell if I knew, but I would at least have… another point of view. I didn’t want to lose myself just yet. I wasn’t saying it would never happen, but I wasn’t ready yet.

I was coming home, when I saw red sirens by the river near the bridge. I stopped to see if I could help, I began telling the story, looking at her, just wanting to watch her reactions. I didn’t want pity. I wasn’t trying to soak up pity. I just wanted to see if she understood. The medics were already there, and I knew one of them. You know, you see them a lot in the ER. I remember her trying to stop me, but I kept running to the river. My muscles cramped from the cold water, but I kept trying to swim. I had a branch, for a minute, I was going to grab the hand of the medic that was already in, but the branch snapped. I paused, took another drink, and realized that there were no tears as I told the story. Not a single tear to fight back. It wasn’t long before I lost sense of direction. I didn’t know what was up or down, so I didn’t know where to swim. And I remember the feeling of the water filling my lungs.

Another drink. A pause. A thought. How much do I tell about Noelle? I was dead, I had to have been dead. But my maker pulled me out, I guess. That I don’t remember. I just remember waking up, feeling dead, but apparently I wasn’t. And I was the hungriest I’d ever been in my life.

I stood up just after taking the last drink of the sweet wine, beginning to pace. Thinking I might give her some alone time. Time to run, if she wanted to. The ring belongs to the girl, she’s still in there. Still in the river. I guess I feel like you might be my second chance.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:00 pm

When he started his story, I swiftly moved to the side of the tub and propped my elbows on the stone surface. I clasped my hands beneath my chin and watched him as he spoke. I tried to set myself up in his shoes as he described the night from start to finish. Although I could never truly experience what he went through, for instance the emotions running through his head, I could most certainly understand. I knew the feeling all to well. The feeling that your next breath, could very well be your last. Feeling every ounce of your life being drained away. It was a feeling I wish to never have to experience ever again. 

The reason he was what he was, was because he wanted to save that girl in the river. If he didn't believe she could be saved, it would be a different story, but he did believe. Even if that meant putting his own life at risk. But instead of saving her life, he added an eternity to his. To have that amount of guilt weighing on one's shoulder, is just miserable. Knowing that while you walk on this beautiful planet, another isn't. I have felt that misery for years. Somedays I feel fine, but other days, it all just hits me like a wave. Every emotion flooding my mind. But Ben, he could have saved. I had no doubt he could. But this world, is a cruel world. 

I waited a minute after he finished speaking before I stepped out of the bathtub, taking the towel on the rack beside me and wrapping myself. I didn't know what I was about to do was going to be wise, but I needed to just do something. I stood before him, and without hesitation, I placed my hand over the side of his face and brushed my thumb along his cheekbone.   You want to save me. I whispered.

Ben, I want you to know something. You can always... Talk to me. About anything. And before you say this is your blood doing the talking, I know it isn't. I've always been someone who heard people out and listened to them, I preferred it than talking about what was going on with me. I wanted to make sure other people were okay before I tried to deal with myself... I don't know what exactly what we are or what is going to happen, but I'm always going to be here for you, Ben.  

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:19 am

And this was where I felt uncomfortable, strange, out of my field. I felt like I was in a fucking Nicholas Sparks movie, although I appreciated the sentiment. It had to be my pride. I couldn’t be weak, especially now. I wasn’t meant to be weak, I wasn’t meant to need anyone, and as sexist as it sounded, I didn’t want to need a woman, especially. But I kept finding myself in that situation over and over again. I looked at her, almost wishing I hadn’t told the story because sympathy was never something I asked for. I frowned, but I wasn’t angry. Sofia, that means a lot, I just.. you know I’m not looking for pity. This is how the world is. Bad and messy shit happens. What I’ve done to you is bad and messy, but… I didn’t regret it, even if I wasn’t going to take the initial direction with it I had planned. I’m sorry about it, I said, placing my hand over hers against my face, But I don’t regret it.

Why didn’t I, though? I wanted her in my bed again, sure, but… Sofia was not who or what I’d expected. She, unlike Noelle, at least gave me the benefit of the doubt, a chance to plead my case and to understand me. Maybe it was wrong to compare the two, but I couldn’t avoid it. Sofia gave me something I was missing. I chuckled a little, smiling at her, and I spoke the strange thought that occurred to me. So, let me get this straight. I feed you vampire blood, I drag you home to my bed, I fuck you, and gnaw on your neck, and you still want to help me. That’s um… that’s dedication. After it came out, I realized it probably wasn’t the right thing to say, or at least not the right way to put it. I’d kept fucking up like that with people before, Laurel in particular. I let my hand drop, but instead of completely letting go, I placed mine at the base of her neck, my fingers woven through her wet hair. Sorry, Sof, I’m a little out of my element here. You’re um.. you’re kind of a surprise to me.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Ben, my life was already bad and messy before I met you. If anything, what you've done to me is made it a little less bad and messy.   It was true though. My brother had slaughtered my entire family while also trying to kill me. I felt as if I had absolute no control, constantly having to look over my shoulder then moving to a different country when I no longer felt safe. What Ben did to me wasn't going to change any of that. It was already set in stone. But Ben restored that sense of power and strength I had lost over the course of many years. And I didn't regret a single thing. I don't either. I said as he placed his hand over mine. As always, his hand was cold as ice.

Is that really what my future with him looks like? Why did it sound so wrong once he said it out loud? Oh yeah, because it is wrong. But it didn't sound that messed up in my head. Was I really going to go through with all of this? I didn't have to ask myself because I already knew the answer. I knew my answer once he revealed what he had done to me. I didn't want this feeling to go away. Not yet.

But you're helping me too. So it's worth it. Plus I've never felt so alive. I smiled at him, pulling my hand away but lightly gripped onto his forearm as a jolt shot down my spine at his cold touch on my neck, and within seconds I shivered all over. I... I am?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 pm

I raised an eyebrow, with a grin, and I let out a single chuckle. And you said I wouldn't be able to help you. Never, ever, resist an I told you so moment. Maybe all of it was my blood talking, in fact, she'd had a lot more of it than I'd spiked her with before. I really had no idea what to prepare for. But even now, sharing a strangely emotionally intimate moment with her, she was holding herself together, this wasn't some kind of cartoon love potion madness. I didn't think the bond would do anything to me, would it? But I was feeling a connection to her. It wasn't like the girl who wouldn't leave the next day, although I almost didn't want to make her leave when it was time for me to sleep. (Which wouldn't be long.) The realization occurred to me that this was the least lost that I'd felt in a long time. Could I hide from the world and the decisions I had ahead of me? Hide in my bedroom with Sofia. Hide from the adjustments I needed to make, and hide from the things about me that made me such a failure in Noelle's eyes. 

You know, I'm one episode of hunger away from killing you, myself. Let's not kid. This is brand new to me, I don't know how to control this. And well, I didn't expect to care about that. That's what's surprising to me, and that should alarm you. Finally, I pulled myself away from her, but not enough to lose her touch on my arm. 

I'm going to have to sleep, soon. You know, that whole sun thing isn't a myth. I smiled softly, thinking that maybe I needed time to clear my head as well. I wanted to know, was this me? Was this the bond? What exactly did I want from her now? I should get you home.

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics