setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Careless - Page 8

[Private] Careless

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Careless

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:04 am

I heard him. I heard the softness in his voice, it flowed through my ears. But I didn't respond. I kept quiet, leaving myself to the thoughts that possessed my mind. The constant ringing. It just never stops. I just want to be told that everything I fear is all in my head, that I have nothing to be scared of and that it is all going to be okay. I imagine hearing my mom saying those words. Her voice was just so, it calm the most terrifying storm. Then I imagine my dad's arm protecting me, the way he brushed his fingers through my hair, they could soothe my nightmares away. I heard his voice again, it danced across my face. It sent chills all over . . . It made me forget. 

I blinked at the touch of his skin against mine, and meet his eyes. I nodded and stood up, blinking once more but this time, a single tear slides across my silk cheek. I tightened my grasp around his hand as I trailed him to the bathroom. My hearts feel like it's about to pound out of chest. I haven't cried since the funeral . . . Which was eleven years ago. Has it really been that long? Have I not shed a single tear, for eleven years. And just like that, another wall, broken down.

Once we stepped into the bathroom, I narrowed my eyes at the brightness of the lights. Have they gotten brighter since earlier? I squeezed his hand, stopping him from leaving the bathroom just yet. Thank you, Benjamin. I whispered softly, but not looking up to meet his face. I released his hand and wait until he walks out of the bedroom, when he does I meet my own eyes in the mirror in search for any answers. My eyes then drift to the stained blood that trails from my neck to the top of my breasts, and I run my fingers across to where the blood had originated. From the corner of my eye I see the water reaching at the perfect stopping point, and I turn the nozzles until the water ceases. I let out a sigh as I step into the lukewarm water, my skin is immediately ignited, and I lowered the rest of my lower body into the tub, leaving my neck just above the surface.

I heard his footsteps make contact with the hardwood in the hall and they only got closer. I took a small intake of breath and closed my eyes before submerging my entire body into the shallow waters. Next I heard his feet against the tile, and then the clink of a glass on a surface. When I rise to the surface I am greeted by him, and a glass of wine beside me. I pick up my glass, but before I take a drink, I clink with his and bring the brim to my lips. I lick the excess liquid from my lips before finally speaking. And you want to know the worst part? He was my twin. We're supposed to have that special, unbreakable bond that no one will ever understand. Yet, I didn't know my own brother was a sociopath. And I take another swing of that delicious, sweet wine.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:29 pm

This was still uncomfortable for me, and not the kind of shit I was used to dealing with, but here I was, and here was this girl naked in my bathtub covered in blood and really it was my fault. Sort of. But she was still going to be my project, and it wasn’t going to be a bad fucking thing, right? I had wanted her to tell me what she feared, who she feared, and she did. Now it was my turn to do what I’d told her I would do. I’d help her get rid of that fear. Admittedly, the thought process was playing out, of turning her. Turning her and then sicking her on the bastard. Mutilating him far beyond the way he tried to mutilate her. I felt slightly psychotic in the idea, wanting him trying to scream but having his throat so mutilated nothing but gurgling came out. After doing that to someone, you’d have no one to fear but yourself.

I shook it off, and brought myself back to this, the moment I was trying to escape. Not because it was bad, but because it was new terrain for me. No, I’d done this for my mother a time or two. Even though it was just me, being a single parent was shit for her sometimes, especially with my high aspirations.

I sat down on my bathroom floor, so that there wasn’t this really awkward distance. The tub wasn’t quite big enough for me to join, and shit, I had tried that before, not going to lie, and it didn’t work like it should have. I took a drink of the moscato, thinking it a little sweet, but it was exactly what I needed. I tried to think of the right thing to say, but, I didn’t figure jokes about genetics and the apple falling far from the tree and whatever was appropriate. For a moment I just looked at her, listened.

You’ll know if he comes near, and if he does, I want to know. I’ll kill him. I drank more of the moscato, hoping I’d been sensible enough to buy something fairly strong. Thank god I’m an only child. Yeah, okay, it was far past time to lighten the mood, as much as I tried not to brush her off, when I was the one who had asked her, who’d pulled this out of her. But it was out, wasn’t it? The cards were on the table and for me at least, it was time to move on.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:24 am

It's uneasy to be talking about him as if he is walking amongst us. For the last decade I have brushed off any thought of him that ever crossed my mind and said it was all just in my head. So to be speaking of him the way we are now, is strange, uncomfortable, even. I diverted my eyes from him and drank more of the moscato. Do I want the person who massacred my family to get what is coming for them? More than anything. Even if that means do I want my brother dead? I choose to leave the question blank. Because part of me holds onto the rare possibility that he can be saved, if I were to ever see and speak to him again, I could bring him back. I can rid of whatever possesses him. Call me stupid. Call me a stupid, clueless girl who actually believes she can "save" her sociopath of a brother. But I know my brother, and he wouldn't have done anything to hurt our family. He wouldn't, right? I mean, he loved us... Right?

I blinked, bringing myself back together and focusing on his words. So does this mean I'm going to get like, weird spidey senses when and if my brother is close by? Let's just hope I'll never have to experience the feeling, like, ever. I would much rather experience the wonderful feeling of finishing a perfectly written piece of literature, or the feeling of being pulled over by a police officer, or anything, really. Just not the feeling that could mean my brother is going to try and kill me. Again.

This may very well be the first piece of personal information I've learned about Ben since we have known each other. It feels as if he knows everything about me but doesn't at the same time. Yet I feel like I don't know a single thing about him, besides that he's a doctor and a vampire. I mean, I don't even know his favorite color or favorite pizza. But he doesn't know mine. Does he even like pizza? But didn't you ever feel alone? Like when you were little. I studied his facial features, imagining a small, reddish brown hair Benjamin - human, Benjamin. And I don't know. I just get a vibe he was one of the quiet, reserved ones. Like me. Then I try to remind myself why I was even pushing further into knowing about his personal life, actually getting to know him. Not Ben the vampire. That wasn't what our relationship was about. But what even is our relationship. Am I just going to end up being his booty call and personal blood bag as a bonus? I don't even know if that upsets me or not.

I finished the rest of my glass and placed it back on the stone, while doing so I glanced from his eyes down the length of his face, where I noticed his ring necklace was not hanging from his neck. He never takes it off. That's at least what I've gathered since each time I've seen him, be it in person or from a distance, it has always been around his neck. I've bounced off theories of what it could be to him. The only one remotely reasonable possible is a family heirloom. I wondered if it had fallen off while we were in bed, but he was definitely wearing it before he left the bathroom. It doesn't hurt to ask.  Your necklace. You're not wearing it. How come? I also take this time to start rubbing off the blood from my neck.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:37 pm

How long had it been since anyone had bothered to ask about my childhood? How long had it been since I’d thought about it? How long would I live before I forgot the details, the smells, the specifics of the memories? Would I ever? I remembered that I had to grow independent at a very young age, cooking for myself, cleaning up after myself, and really becoming the man of the house before I was anywhere near being an actual man. Again, the story of my life - work now, play later. Now was supposed to be my later.

I don’t know, I had friends. And I had a lot to do. Only child, no father around, I guess I was too busy to think about that, having to take on the role of the kid and… I just trailed off, because the idea of my father now was really rubbing me the wrong way. Funny, I’d never wanted to think about him. I didn’t want any idea that he could come back into my life at some point and save us. But now, it wasn’t just abandonment. Now, apparently, he would be sabotaging my life. At least, if Gayle wasn’t full of shit.

Another drink, and I watched as she drank hers. I wasn’t in a hurry to finish, I wasn’t in a hurry to move, I had all the time in the world, now, right? But part of me wanted her to leave. She was making me face things I didn’t want to face, just as I had done her. But what else would I do once she left? Sulk? I’d fed, I really had no reason to leave. So I said nothing, because I didn’t want to be alone with myself.

You ask too many questions, I said, but a grin spread so that she knew I wasn’t serious. I shifted, tried to relax. Maybe I needed her for this, maybe she would help me more than just.. being a pet. I needed someone on the outside looking in, to tell me what the hell I was doing. It’s a symbol of something I failed to do. A symbol of an event, that I need to get past. Again, this was strange and uncomfortable for me. People assuming I was that person who didn’t want to talk, or people around me who only wanted to talk about themselves. No one ever asked me about the ring. Noelle knew. And I’d never been able to read her, and I couldn’t tell if she thought it was a weakness that I wore it. I just assumed she did. But she had to have been in my place before, she had to have had things she tried to hold on to.

So it ‘s off, I said, and then looked at her. No, I wasn’t eyeing her down, but I tried to read her, and I tried to judge the thoughts I had when I looked at her. Did I really think there was something I could do to help her?

I think you should wear it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:37 am

And there, I stood corrected. Just when I thought I had him read and figured out, he flips the puzzle pieces on me. I didn't add anything after he trailed off, I just listened and watched as he spoke. Not only am I imagining a small, reddish brown Ben, but a child who had to learn to take care of himself at such a young age. No one to look up to for guidance. But look where he's at now, he's a doctor. That has to count for at least something, right? 

So I've been told. I laughed softly, shaking my head lightly. Sometimes I would ask myself if I was too curious, but then I would just tell myself that it never hurts to be a little curious. Although sometimes being a curious one has gotten me into trouble, shockingly, and I have no doubt it will get me mixed up into some more trouble later on in the future. 

But when I heard his words, my heart ached for him. What happened, Benjamin? I asked calmly, thinking back to a few moments ago when he asked me of my fear. I knew it was wrong of me to ask. But I just thought, I told him about my brother and what he almost did to me. Something I never spoke about to anyone, especially not in as much detail as I did when I told him. Yet I did. And I could only hope, that he knew he could tell me anything. Whether we had this bond or not, I would listen to him. I knew that much. 

Wait, what - My eyes widened as I pushed myself upward, leveled with his eyes now. Like, wear it for a day then just give it back? Why does he think I should? Clearly, it means a great deal to him. So why would he give that up, to me? But... But why me? I hesitated, my eyes locked on his. If he were to gift me something with so much meaning to him, what does this mean about us? Does it even mean anything? Did I even hear him correctly the first time?

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics