setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Careless - Page 6

[Private] Careless

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Careless

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:14 pm

The more I thought about his blood being in my system, the more I was certain I was going to faint, but thankfully he rushed me over to his bed in time. My eyes locked on a part of the floor beside him as my constant reflection on the situation kept replaying in my head. By consuming his blood, what kind of power has he had over me? Would this be the reason for my dreams and the sightings around town? Or were those dreams genuine...My mind was on overdrive. Yet I blinked at the sound of his voice, knowing that was the only way I was going to be pulled out of that warp, and met with his eyes. Damn those eyes of his.

What could you possibly do for me? Hearing those words only left me more confused. But really, what could he do? Who says there's anything I need him for? I could think of one thing, but it just sounds too good to be true. Plus what if my fear of the unknown is just my mind playing tricks? But maybe, just maybe, there was a way he could just make it so I wasn't always on high alert or over analyzing everything. I want to be able to live life without having to constantly look over my shoulder, over thinking every detail, or better yet, give me a restart in life. Then he would have my full attention. 

And just like that, he has me bewildered. Strength has been something I have longed for. If there was a way I could have strength, I'd take it in a heart beat.  How could you make me strong?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:14 am

Maybe I had hoped too much, expected too much. Was it her humanity or the shock I had put her in? I didn’t think I would have to spell it out for her, and maybe I wouldn’t if I only had a little more patience. Even as a normal person, I never had patience for people, but being a doctor in the ER on top of my… new condition.. it made it so much worse. I expected too much from humanity.

Think about it, Sofia, I said, my eyes trained on her face, admittedly soaking in every bit of fear and confusion I could. Something about it seemed to strengthen me. I had never thought of myself as sadistic until this moment, but the new trait was definitely starting to creep up on me. Has the world not already changed for you? Have you not used that to your advantage at all? I stood up, eyed her, hoping she was beginning to pick up what I was laying out in front of her.

Yeah, I know, it’s strange at first, it’s overwhelming. Trust me, it would be worse if I were to actually turn you. That’s not exactly what I would want for you. It would be a shame to steal your humanity from you.

I hadn’t realized it, but even with my eyes stuck on her I was pacing just a bit. I don’t know what it is you fear, other than me, but I sensed it in you before you even laid eyes on me that night. Whatever it is, what I’ve already given you, what I can keep up for you… that will help you to be two steps ahead of it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:44 pm

I am thinking about it, I thought to myself while holding the urge to roll my eyes at him. He really can't expect me to absorb all of this at once and be ready for whatever curve ball he throws at me next. His frustration didn't go unnoticed, I could instantly feel the atmosphere of the room shift. For the short while I've known him, I've already grown to realize that patience wasn't in his vocabulary. For instance when our time at the club was short lived and then at the condo, it only took him a couple of minutes before he pinned me against the wall and ripped my clothes off. But now that I think about it, I'm surprised he didn't start the undressing back in the car on our way here.

I nodded, allowing my mind to do the talking. The world has changed, I felt more aware of my surroundings. That but I also felt a sense of strength, not only mentally but physically as well. A little part of me wasn't as scared of encountering him because I knew I could defend myself. But I also thought that he he would still be stronger, and that's what scared me most. Even with everything heightened, I was still terrified. 

Wait. Turning me? Is that what you mean by helping me? I looked up at him with bewildered eyes. 

Him pacing back and forth definitely wasn't helping my already throbbing head. I stood up, moved away to the window, granting myself some place.  You're right, I do fear something, that something not being you, surprisingly. But I don't think you're aware that my fear is all in my head. For all I know, my fear could be hundreds of miles away, or six feet under. But it's the unknown, that I fear most. So if turning me or whatever grants me to just switch it all off... What the hell am I saying? Am not really thinking about this, aren't I? 

I face him with my arms folded across my chest.  So do you just intend on placing bowls of tomato soup in front of me with a dose of your blood for dinner every night? Because I don't think I would dare to take another sip, now that I know what it is I'm eating.

Another thing. I slowly stride towards him, talking as I do so.  All those times I've seen you around town. Was it all because of the blood and I was just imagining... I stopped once my face was mere inches from his.  Or was it really you. I cooed.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 pm

I wouldn’t turn you, even if you asked me to. I didn’t assume that was what she wanted, but eventually, she could change her mind. It was important for her to know how I felt about it. I had to remind myself of what I had done to her, and remind myself that it was my intention to mess with her head, to throw her off, even if it was slightly inconvenient to me at the moment. And even more so, I found that I was curious. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that I cared about her, cared about what it was that she feared and whether or not it was a legitimate fear. But I wanted to know what it was. But why? I reasoned with myself - I could hold it over her head, like I was already doing but without any knowledge of what it was.

And I knew it, I knew it wouldn’t be long before she pondered the idea of what being turned could do for her.

I don’t know what it is you fear, whether it’s real or not, but trading that for this… makes no sense. I held her gaze, locked with her eyes. I wasn’t trying to manipulate her, no more than I already had. I just wanted her to know just how severe this matter was, and how it was incredibly foolish of her to even think about it.

That’s like trading a cold for the Ebola virus.

I felt a tingle as she moved closer my way, as if I could feel the molecules, and I was excited. I was excited to see emotion, a reaction. It fueled me.

Which time? And I gave my biggest, widest grin accompanied with a satisfactory wink. And how much did you hope it was me? Each time? I reached up, taking advantage of her close vicinity, and brushed my thumb down the side of her face.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:58 pm

You wouldn't? I asked, slightly disappointed. But I shake the thought away.  I mean, I wouldn't even want that. Would I? Will I want that? I spit out, hoping he would know the answer. I run my fingers through either side of my hair roughly. God, I can't even think straight! Is this what your blood does to me?! I can't determine anymore whether my wants are my wants, or hers. It was so fucking frustrated. My thoughts were just bouncing off the walls. It feels as if he just stripped me from my own free will, no, that's exactly what he did to me. Why doesn't that make me furious? It must be because of this bond that we've formed - that he's formed. 

And why was I even telling him what I fear? He wouldn't understand. It's not like he cares about that, or about me. He only cares about the bond he's cloaked over me, and the blood pumping through my veins. But why is it that I don't believe that entirely? There must be a slither of hope that maybe, just maybe, he does care. Otherwise, why would he have offered to help me? He could've ignored that bit, yet he didn't. But you don't fear anything. You have nothing to be feared of.  

So how is being terrified for my dear life, better than not fearing anything at all. I hissed through my teeth, my eyes burning right through his. You. Don't. Get it.

And just like that, all my frustration, fear, just vanished. The muscles in my face and my breathing soften as a jolt shots up through my abdomen. 

Every time. I breathed, not taking a moment longer to think about my answer. Because it was true. Whenever I saw him around the corner, or sitting at a table across the way, every time I felt a spark. He makes me feel alive. I closed my eyes and slightly turn my head into his gentle touch. How do you do that?

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics