setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Stare of Doom - Page 2

[Private] Stare of Doom

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Stare of Doom

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:21 am

Shifted. I could have shifted. I nearly groaned out loud, certain that if I hadn't given a shoddy impression of myself before, I definitely had then. I was so busy trying to think and use my intelligence - what I knew from experience to figure things out - that my instinct got overruled in a way. How had I not thought to shift? I wanted to wince in Vincent's presence and hated to think what type of a wolf I was going to be. Perhaps it sounded arrogant, but I wanted to be a talented, hard working one, shining as a wolf just as I did in my job. Unfortunately it didn't seem it was going to be as easy - and getting to where I was on the force definitely hadn't been easy anyway.

Quote Begin If only.Quote End I let out a tired laugh, Quote Begin I could do with a magician to explain what just happened.Quote End I gritted my teeth behind my smile, not willing to let on how much it had knocked me. Somehow it was worse than being transformed into a wolf. At least then I'd had explanations, people telling me what had happened. As far as I could see, there was absolutely no explanation how I ended up locked inside a store cupboard.

I followed Vincent to the bar, climbing up onto a stool to sit beside him. It still felt awkward, and I had to remind myself that it was me making it like that. I cleared my throat and let out a sigh, determined to just try and be myself. And relax.

Quote Begin A diet coke, please.Quote End I said, and the odd look the bartender gave me made me wonder if a nonalcoholic drink was unusual in One Shot. Probably, judging by the state of the other patrons. Quote Begin With rum. Quote End I quickly added on, Quote Begin A rum and coke...Quote End One drink wouldn't be too bad, and I doubted I'd get drunk on just the one either... if I had to make changes to try and belong to the pack, I'd much rather they be more superficial ones as a choice of drink than anything else. Hopefully it'd help me relax too. I didn't want to fit in with the other wolves. I just didn't want to be rejected by them either when they were supposed to be my new family.

I glanced to Vincent, able to better notice the bruising on his face now we were closer and I couldn't help wonder how it'd happened. Being a pack master must come with its fair share of dangers. Quote Begin Honestly? Maybe turning into a wolf should have shocked me more than it did, but it's made a lot of things make sense.Quote End Sam, for one, Quote Begin And actually, I think it'll help a lot with my job. Especially when I find out what my gift is. But some of it's still... I'm still getting used to it.Quote End The bartender returned and I gently pulled the glass towards me. Quote Begin Can I have a straw?Quote End I asked her, and carefully placed it into the drink when she returned with one, starting to have second thoughts about the alcohol. I took a sip to ignore them and yes- that was a generous amount of rum. Quote Begin Just small things. Smells, scents. I never realised how strong some things smelled until now, and it's put a different light on fishing evidence out of a dumpster.Quote End I wrinkled my nose up at the thought of an event that had happened just the other day, the smell had been horrific, but I also laughed, turning to Vincent with a smile and wondering if he understood. Although there was a chance he might not, if he'd always been a wolf. Quote Begin What about you? Were you.. turned, or born into pack?Quote End I asked slowly with a glance to the pack master, wondering about the words as I said them and hoping I was remembering what Ghost had told me properly. She had been nothing short of amazing with her information and a lot friendlier than the other wolves seemed to be. I was sure I'd be taking the experience a lot harder if she hadn't readily explained so many things. It was just a shame she couldn't help more about the gift I apparently had.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Okay, so she was pleasant. And not in an annoyingly chipper kind of way, not so far anyway. She wasn't challenging me, she wasn't bitching at me, she wasn't acting condescending or disgusted by me. Hell, she was almost... normal? Yeah she dressed weird, and I did find her in a really weird fucking place, but she wasn't terrible. Had my week not been the shittiest of my life I might have even given her a smile, maybe. The truth was, I wasn't an idiot. I knew that they all started this way. Before they'd really had a chance to sit down and have a good long chat with the others, before they'd been poisoned against me, they all seemed normal. They all had their quirks and annoying habits too, but it was only a matter of time before they started making demands, or started trying to win some fucking ego competition by challenging alpha at every turn. It wouldn't be long before she was the same as the rest of the sheeple.

And annoying quirk number one... I looked at her as if she just farted, leaning away and peeking over my curved in shoulders with what I could only describe as a concerned glare. Diet coke? She corrected her order but that didn't change what just happened. I finally straightened out again and decided to give her, her first bit of advice. I'm only telling you this to help you, but don't order soda at this bar unless you want everyone to look at you like you have tentacles and feelers. These morons don't speak that language. If you're not a big drinker... My voice practically squeaked as I spoke the words, as if I'd never said them before in my life. ...Then just order something anyway and don't drink it. Unless of course you like being looked at like you have tentacles and feelers, up to you.

Yeah, it was cool at first. And from the way she was talking she seemed to be okay with everything. That was fine, there was a time when I was too, until politics and duty mixed into the cauldron of shit. She'd get mixed up in it too, they all were, it wasn't as sweet as sniffing out a dryer sheet under a pile of manure. It wasn't as fascinating as hearing your phone ring while you had your stereo at highest volume. Those were just the eye of the storm in the midst of the fucking hurricane. Yep, it's just sunshine and rainbows. I muttered into my glass sarcastically and gulped all of it's contents in one go. It went from full to empty, and I wanted it to go from empty to full. I snapped my fingers and pointed to my glass before turning to her with a sigh. Sorry, it's been a fucked week.

Ordering a straw was even worse than ordering Diet Coke, but it seemed there was no hope in even saying anything so I decided to play nice. What is that job exactly? Secretary? She looked like a secretary, acted like one, she was a fucking secretary as far as I was concerned. Something she had said though, before ordering her damned straw. Wait you don't know your gift yet? Shit could it have been connected? All I knew was when I discovered mine I thought I just had some charming magical fucking touch that could make people do what I wanted. It wasn't like I got warning either, it just triggered on it's own, until I figured out what that trigger was, and how to control it.

I nodded my head. Scents, yadda yadda. I got it. It was a barrel of fucking joy, until you were at the grocery store and could smell a babies shitty diaper five isles away. My eyes stared at my glass as I picked up, and turned upward as I answered her question Turned. I took a drink and set it down. I guess I just wanna know how you're gonna fit in, and maybe get you up to date on the shit that really matters. It's not just us out there, the world you knew before is like a small bathroom, in an apartment, in New York City. What you are now allows you to see the truth, what you are now allows you to explore the entire city. A lot of shit you probably didn't even believe in before, you'll believe now, so much more is real than you could have even imagined. Yeah silk is softer and steak is more savory than before, but the shit is also shittier. It goes both ways. I guess it's the universes way of keeping balance, that's what Ghost would say anyway...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:01 pm

I felt myself blush to my ears, further annoyed with myself about the alcoholic drink slip-up. As well as that, though, I was slightly annoyed with Vincent. I could appreciate him offering his advice but it was a bit useless when I'd already changed my order, wasn't it? I tried to stifle my frown and reminded myself that it was very possible Vincent hadn't guessed the reason for me changing my drink. At least he'd offered up the advice too, so in his own way he was trying to help me.

It was difficult after so much of my life experience though, not to view 'advice' from men as them assuming I just couldn't do or work things out by myself. The number of times on the force I'd had people tell me things I already knew, or not tell me things even because whatever it was might go over my apparently tiny feminine brain, was enough to make my blood boil at the thought. I wasn't usually that easily provoked though. Ghost had told me about the effects of being a wolf and I had to wonder if this was a slightly shorter temper coming into play - I really hoped not.

The sarcastic remark and his drinking just irked me even more, and I had to swallow down any words that might come up. I took a teeny, tentative sip of my drink, and then decided to start with positives.

Quote Begin I work in the police force. A detective. Quote End I said, because I couldn't start out with more of a positive than that, Quote Begin And as I might suddenly get called in to work or end up having to intervene in something, even if I'm not scheduled, well, urm - I'm not the best at handling my liquor.Quote End I admitted, even though I had a bad feeling that it would be viewed as a massive negative on my part. All of the wolves seemed to enjoy drinking. But at the same time, it wasn't something I could exactly help, and I wasn't going to be apologetic or ashamed for something beyond my control. Quote Begin And.. no, I don't know my gift yet.Quote End I paused, starting to feel like I'd dipped into negatives again.

A breath for pause turned into a longer one as I listened to Vincent and couldn't help my annoyance grow even more. I knew I was a new wolf and he had no way of knowing what sort of a person I was beyond maybe what others had told him, and even though his words might have meant to be informing, I just found them patronizing.

I pushed my drink away, a troubled frown on my face, and then fixed my eyes on Vincent.

Quote Begin I know, I've already spoken to Ghost. She's lovely, really, there's no other way to describe her, and she's been very helpful. She's explained a lot of things. And just to make things clear - yes, I do understand that bad things happen in the world, and that each positive might seem to have a negative, okay? I knew that enough even from my job, just as a human. I'm not living in some dreamy fantasy fairy-tale world, thank you. But there are positives too, even in this situation - yes, even to being changed into a massive wolf - and I don't see why it should be held against me that I choose to focus on those good things as a way of helping me adjust instead of... Quote End I wanted to add on about moping at a bar and drowning my sorrows with alcohol, but wisely held my tongue, Quote Begin Wallowing in a depression about the bad aspects that comes along with them. I'm afraid that's not how I work.Quote End I said the words unapologetically, but also with a sinking sensation in my stomach as I remembered what Vincent had said - he wanted to know how I was going to fit in - and the possibility that the attitude and working ethic I held might end up being the exact things that prevented that. It was something I'd already wondered about in my brief interactions with the other wolves so far.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Detective, maybe I should have guessed, maybe I'd already known. It was hard to remember details about everyone, it was part of the purpose of the journal, intended purpose anyway. It was supposed to be a log, but instead of getting a log I ended up with something entirely different. Something I was pretty sure by now was connected to a lot more than I originally thought. Makes sense. I added, not bothering to even look at her before taking another drink. I was feeling fucking irritated at it too, it felt like no matter how much I consumed I wasn't getting drunk enough. Maybe ask Ghost for a... I paused, trying to think of the name Ghost had given it. ...Shit I don't remember what she called it. A um... Basically it's something she does with this herbal tea shit. You drink it, you knock out and go on some ''path of discovery''. I never tried it but I guess it's worked for some in the past... I didn't give a fuck if she wanted to discover her gift the easy way or the hard way. But that's what I was here for, to learn about her, and help her if I could, I guess.

I was trying to be pleasant, and let me fucking tell you it wasn't easy considering what had just happened only nights earlier. But the way she spoke, and what she said had me feeling nearly as pissed as I had before it took over the other night. My expression made me look like I'd just smelled shit, and when she was done with her little speech I turned to her, not just my head this time but my entire body. You'll fit in great princess. Self righteous, lack of respect for authority, and a wonderful talent for getting on my fucking nerves, you're already just like the rest of them. The cherry on top is I thought you'd be different. But no, you've got the lifestyle down fucking perfectly. Even better, you'd rather blindly focus on the good and lie to yourself just like the rest of them. You find it comforting knowing that you see the bright side of everything, the glass is only half full isn't it? Well let me tell you something sunshine, when you have fangers sadistically carving messages into young wolf corpses for you, and you have an army of fucking idiots just like you, refusing to acknowledge the bad because it's just so much easier to play with yourself on the fucking bright side and pretend nothing is wrong, while at the same time talking to YOUR FUCKING ALPHA like he's beneath you, you might see things differently. I was trying to fucking help you. And for the fucking record, I don't ask Ghost about her private conversations with wolves, sorry I missed the fucking memo that you already know it all. Next time, pick a fight with someone politically beneath you, not above. But hey, I'll do you a favor because you're new, I'll let this one slide. I reached into my pocket, hands shaking from the effort it was taking to keep from knocking her ass out, and pulled out a cigarette. I placed it between my lips and lit the end, exhaling the smoke out of the side of my mouth to avoid blowing it in her face no matter how bad I fucking wanted to. Anything else detective?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:16 pm

I bowed my head, shaking with a mixture of fear and regret. I wasn't petrified, and while I was scared of the power the pack master was assumed to have - and what I could sense he had - what scared me more was how much of a mess I was making things. I'd said what I wanted to say, but in hindsight I could see that I'd been rash. I could better see who I'd said it to too and my stomach flipped. It seemed every single move I'd made since the beginning of this meeting had so far only proven to show me badly in front of the pack master. I could sense a slight hush in the room, the din from the other wolves lowering as they waited, as if expecting something.

The moment passed with the lighting of Vin's cigarette and I couldn't help but feel relieved. The noise around us rose once more, the other wolves getting back to whatever they were doing, or weren't doing.

I reached out to pull my glass back closer to me, and took a small sip before replacing it on the bar. I glanced up to Vincent. Quote Begin I'm sorry.Quote End I said, meekly, Quote Begin I shouldn't have spoken to you like that.  And, perhaps I should have worded what I meant a little better, obviously it's easy to misunderstand it.Quote End I dropped my voice, leaning in a little closer to Vincent and looking at him imploringly. I didn't want to disrespect him, but I didn't want to lay down and simply give up either. I wanted to try and get him to understand.

Quote Begin Ghost told me a little about what was happening with vampires, but.. I didn't realise the scope of it.Quote End My mouth was feeling dry, but I didn't want to taker another sip of my drink yet lest it ended up having a negative effect on me, and ordering a tap water at that moment would be suicide. Quote Begin I know that things are bad, I know that things can get really bad, but I'm not trying to sugarcoat that, or ignore the horrible things that have happened. I'm not some empty headed 'princess'.Quote End I could tell my words were getting a little too clipped and I took a quick pause, eyeing Vincent carefully. The condescension from that nickname had been like a barb but I wasn't here to throw insults back and forth. There was no point to that. Quote Begin I know that actions speak louder than words, and obviously all you know from me right now is the latter. But what I meant, about there being good... there is good to being what we are, there are advantages. They definitely don't cancel out the negatives, but rather than just focus on the bad things happening and getting hung up over it - which I'm really not saying you do, I'm speaking generally - I personally prefer to look at it like this: The good things we have might not cancel out the bad, but they can help us combat it. We can use the advantages of being wolves to fight back, make changes... I'm not saying it would be easy, I'm not assuming that at all, but... it's something we can do?Quote End I laid my hand on Vincent's arm, hoping beyond hope that he'd understand. I wasn't trying to undermine his authority, or the lifestyle of the pack, but just try and instill some hope where it was very short in supply. Quote Begin I'm not.. a strong wolf, and politically right now I doubt there is anyone below me. But you're strong, aren't you? And Peyton? There are still advantages. Good things? Something to aim towards?Quote End  I eyed him hopefully, biting a little at my lip. Quote Begin I just like to view things.. that there's something we can do. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn.Quote End I said quickly, lowering my gaze to the bar in what I hoped was submission.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics