setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Stare of Doom

[Private] Stare of Doom

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Stare of Doom

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:16 pm

OOC Message
Plain tight black tee, dark denim jeans, and black leather boots. The play button is the music in the bar atm.

I stepped up to my usual spot at the end of the bar and pulled out my stool. I put my weight on it without a second thought and the leg gave out causing me to fall back with a thud, the chair it'self got caught between me and the bar and rammed me right between the legs. I laid there, completely unable to fucking move from the pain as a few idiots playing pool started to laugh. I eventually pulled myself to my feet, wincing from the pain while trying to ignore the cackling coming from the other side of the bar. Ozra appeared from the back and stopped dead in his tracks before pouring my usual drink and slamming it on the bar in front of me with a stare of fucking doom. I hadn't even been in one shot for the past couple of days, and it looked like that wasn't long enough for him to forgive me for the shit that had happened the other night. Oz- ''Don't fucking start Onyx, sit down, shut the fuck up, drink your drink, and pay for it. You're nothing but a customer to me, but don't think I won't hesitate to kick your sorry ass to the curb if you try to even think my name let alone speak it.'' So... He was still pissed. ''What was that about?'' I heard another wolf's voice at the other end of the bar and Ozra ignored it. Good, he could be pissed at me all he wanted, at least he wasn't blabbing. I lit a cigarette and pulled an ash tray towards me, maybe I should have planned this for another night...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Stare of Doom

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:39 am

OOC Message

Hairstyle and dress, with thick white tights, and shoes.

I held the jacket up against my dress and turned, frowning and debating in my mind before throwing it back onto my bed. With a groan, I sat down beside it. This was ridiculous. It felt like I was preparing to go for a job interview, and in a way I suppose that is what I felt. The only problem was that while usually I felt my fashion sense was a positive in interviews and gave a good impression, I wasn't sure exactly what would make a good impression at One Shot. It wasn't exactly the type of bar I'd frequented much as a human. The brief amount of time I'd spent there too, I had an unusual sense of not fitting in physically. I'd felt overdressed, the majority of the other women there scantily clad with low-cut tops and barely there shorts or skirts that I neither liked , or owned anything like at all. I liked expensive cuts, fabrics, and elegance. Apparently none of those things were exactly wolf things. And this was the problem. Whereas before I'd been happy wearing what I wanted, although I didn't feel up to throwing out all of my beautiful clothes I definitely wanted to try and fit in at least a bit. I wanted the other wolves to like me and accept me and I had a feeling my choice in dress could easily influence what they thought of me. More than that, I was meeting with the pack master. I'd seen him briefly before, but this seemed the time to finally make the best impression I could. From what Ghost had told me, and she'd told me a lot, our personalities clicking as soon as we'd been introduced, he seemed to be the one who'd make the decisions. If I was going to get anywhere or do anything useful for the pack, I assumed it had to be with his blessing. After all, wasn't he the one in charge? Effectively the evening I was preparing for was an interview, with Vincent the boss.

I stood up and did another turn before the mirror. The dress was too much, I decided, thinking that some chinos or jeans and a neutral top might suit better. All of this was just so complicated. I sighed and poked at the collar of my gorgeous dress, admiring it before I had to take if off.

If only I could just be at the bar and get it over and done with already instead of all this second-guessing.

Suddenly everything went black. It seemed like I was in total darkness. I let out a shriek of surprise and stepped back, only to collide with something in the dark. There was a clattering and a crash as things fell over, but I couldn't even tell what and I had no idea where I was. I definitely couldn't be in my room any more... I'd only had my bed beside me. And where the carpet in my house was soft underfoot, this flooring was definitely hard. The room smelt musty and stale. What on earth had happened and where the heck was I?!

I took a deep breath, trying to channel calmness, and reached out with my hands, attempting to feel a wall or just anything that would give me a clue as to where I was. There was something in front of me and I cautiously slipped my feet towards it, cringing as I had to drag the bottom of my shoes across the floor. It was either ruin my shoes or risk treading on who knows what and hurt myself. My hands felt out the wall, feeling a ridge and hinges - a door? - and when I went with the assumption I finally felt a handle. I let out a happy exhalation, only for it to fade when I carefully tried the handle and the door was locked.

What now?

I stood with my hand on the handle a second, wishing I'd my bag with my phone in it on my person. After a second I did the only thing I could think of. I put my ear to the door, straining to hear, and vaguely the sound of music came through. I bought up my hand and knocked at the door as hard as I could, to the point my knuckles felt sore. Quote Begin Hello?! Quote End I shouted, trying to keep some semblance of manners in my tone. The last thing I wanted was for someone to get the wrong idea and be angry that I was.. wherever I was..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:24 pm

I propped my cigarette between my lips, and the tension around them from my own discomfort kept it stable in my mouth as I fiddled with the cardboard coaster under my drink. How could I apologize for what I'd done without admitting that I had done it? I wasn't about to fucking admit to anything, I hadn't done shit. But even I wasn't that stupid. I knew what it looked like. It was my body causing the destruction in One Shot the other night. It was my temper that caused Ozra to assume that I would act that way. But... Fuck, what could I say? ''Oh sorry, I was being controlled by some demonic dark shit, it wasn't me''. Fuck it even sounded stupid in my head, which meant it'd sound a whole lot worse out loud. Fuck him, I wasn't going to admit to shit, because I hadn't done shit. I exhaled through my nose, forcing the air out faster and causing ash from the end of my cigarette to detach itself and float around me.

I was so lost in my own head that I jumped when I heard a muffled voice. My cigarette fell into my lap as my head quickly turned in the direction of the voice. It took a minute for the heat from it to burn through my jeans and I jumped from my chair patting fiercely at my thigh, which sent another jolt of ball crushing pain through me from my incident earlier. Fucking shit man...

I picked up my smoke from the floor and placed it between my teeth this time as I followed the sound. As much as I hated to admit it to myself, I actually felt fear when I neared the source. Maybe One Shot still had me feeling jumpy, maybe a lot of shit... The hair on the back of my neck stood on end as I neared the back room. I knew where the sound was coming from immediately, and I paused for a minute, wondering how anyone could even fucking get in there. I pulled out the couch to access the door and opened it, half expecting some sharp toothed demon psycho to jump out at me. What the fuck? My lip curled up and brows curled over wide eyes in confusion. I extended my hand anyway, to help her out but I was still beyond fucking confused. How'd you uh.... What?

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:34 pm

I waited, ear pressed to the door and listening for anything, when I suddenly heard nearing footsteps, and then then a scraping sound right in front of the door - something being pulled away. I clenched and un-clenched my hands, placing them at my sides as I waited in trepidation. I'd not felt so vulnerable or defenseless for a long time. Usually I at least had my gun on me.. or something, but I literally had nothing but the clothes I was wearing. My shoes didn't even have heels that I could use as a makeshift weapon.

The door swung open and I blinked, eyes adjusting to the light.

When I saw who it was at first I felt an immense rush of relief, letting out a breath I'd been holding in. Quote Begin Oh god.Quote End I sighed. Then it struck me that this was the very person I'd come to meet, the oddity of where I'd ended up making me frown. I took his hand as a token gesture more than anything else, fully capable of getting out of the cupboard without his help, and stepped around the couch to stand in the middle of the room.

I smoothed out the skirt of my dress and turned to look at Vincent, knowing I owed him an explanation but not knowing where to start. Quote Begin Thank you.. Quote End I began, still trying to wrap my head around the strange and slightly terrifying experience myself, reaching out to smooth the ends of my hair, Quote Begin And, um. I really don't know how I got in there. I was at home, getting ready to meet you here, actually, and then I... I don't know how to describe it. All of a sudden I was here, in that cupboard, but I had no idea where I was at all... Quote End I glanced to the cupboard, trying to feel comforted that it was One Shot, of all places, that I'd been eerily transferred to. I thought of being stuck somewhere for hours, even days, and it sent a chill down my spine. Here there were other wolves to help me out, and was where I'd been intending to go. It would have been perfect, were it not for the horrible suddenness and darkness. Quote Begin Thank god you found me though, I was starting to get paranoid I'd be stuck there.Quote End I rubbed at my chest, feeling the gradual slowing of my beating heart, and smiled gratefully at Vincent before clearing my throat. Quote Begin I'm just sorry the evening had to start off with.. whatever this was.Quote End A frown marred my expression again and I glanced to the door, completely at a loss as to what had happened. How was it even possible? I'd have thought it wasn't, a month ago, but since becoming a wolf my mind had been opened to many things I'd have previously written off as impossible.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 pm

I had a pretty big list of weird shit I'd seen or experienced. Having a full on cage fight in the middle of The Mad Platter had recently taken the number two spot but this? This was nearing number one real fast. Which was ironic considering I had just been mentally mind fucked and attempted murder on my own fucking warlord a few nights prior. Yet somehow seeing this chick in this situation was even more bizarre. If I even knew how to anymore I might have even laughed, if out of nothing else, then at least out of confusion. Lemme guess, Criss Angel? I pointed to her and smirked at my own joke before stepping back to give her room.

The weirdness of the situation was matched by her attire. There was nothing wrong with it really, but she stuck out like a sore thumb. She was like a Lamborghini surrounded by old beat up Volkswagens in a place like this. Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you didn't just... I cleared my throat and realized I was talking to a fucking Lamborghini. Nevermind. Listen, it wasn't that I didn't believe her, and I was sure there was an explanation, but that was something you'd expect the crazy crack lady in Cedar Grove to shout at you on the street. It didn't exactly sound sane.

Meh, you coulda just shifted and busted down the door. But yeah, no problem. I gestured for her to follow me to the bar and started walking, looking back to make sure she was following. It could have started out worse, I placed myself back onto my stool and realized someone had put a cigarette out in my drink. My eyes moved over to the idiots at the pool table as they started to chuckle like a group of fucking clowns. Believe me... I mumbled and snapped my fingers for a refill. And uh, whatever she's having. I spoke to the bartender, another face I didn't recognize. Ozra's human employees were being changed out faster than his fucking oil.

So uh, how are you adjusting? Yanno, to the whole... Shifting into a giant sinister animal thing....

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics