setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blue to Black - Page 2

[Private] Blue to Black

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Blue to Black

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:15 am

I rubbed a hand across my eyes, trying to get them to stop feeling so fucking heavy. This really couldn't have happened at a worse time, that was for sure. A situation like this required a full set of goddamned wits and I felt like I was running on empty. I was running on empty. I hadn't eaten since some point during the day and I'd been too focused on tiring myself out to do it when I'd gotten back from work. Not that I even felt remotely hungry right then, there was no room for that with the ball of anxiety that was taking up residence in my gut. Why tonight of all nights? I just wished... shit I wished that I was more prepared for a situation you couldn't possibly fucking prepare for. How retarded was that?

Anger throbbed through me when he refused to tell me where he was and I slammed my hand against the steering wheel. What the fuck do you mean? Goddamnit Vin. I growled, knowing that my anger stemmed from worrying did nothing to calm it. If anything it just made it even worse. He couldn't just stay wherever he was on his own and risk losing total control. There was way too fucking much at stake. He could get cast out if they found out about his crazy shit, and I wasn't about to let that happen. I'd said I would help him and it infuriated me that I'd obviously failed.

Then you're not trying hard enough. I ground out through clench teeth, not waiting anymore. I changed gear and pulled out on to the road. Did he really think not telling me meant I wouldn't find him? I didn't care if I had to drive around looking for him, I'd track him the fuck down. The silence extended long enough for me to finally notice the music in the background and I felt a burst of recognition. Alice in Chains, huh? Tough shit Byrne, I know exactly where you are. I hung up before he could say anything else, throwing my phone onto the passenger seat. 

I drove fast, grateful for the lack of traffic at this hour. Exhaustion pulled at the back of my mind and I knew there were probably bags under my eyes from tiredness. But I ignored it, pushed past it and just concentrate on one step at a time. When I pulled up outside One Shot I didn't even hesitate, just cut the engine and hopped out. The cold from the ground seeped through my socks as I walked to the entrance, zipping up my hoodie. Vin? I called up, looking around, taking in the wreckage. Holy shit, I hadn't expected... this. My eyes flared as I looked around for him, and then paused on one of the corners. I took a step towards him, hissing as I stepped on broken glass. I lifted my leg and brushed it away, glad I hadn't put enough weight on it for the glass to have gone through the thick material of my socks. Is it worse? Than the other times I mean? Was he too far gone to even answer me?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:53 pm

OOC Message
Warning peeps, this post is kinda killy.

The last thing I remembered was I was sitting in the bathroom, and something else had brought me out here. The entire area around me was dark, and I didn't know if the darkness was radiating from my very being or if the lights had just been busted. I turned my head from the stereo, my focus following he sound of creaking metal as the light above the pool table swayed from side to side. The bulb inside flickered as it moved, sending dull splashes of light from one side of the room to the other with each sway. Even in it's lack of brightness, it was still blinding.

My eyes closed tightly to avoid the searing pain of light and I moved my attention back to the stereo. My hands gripped at it's sides and I ripped it's cord from the wall causing the room to empty of sound, only to refill with the sound of the rain outside. The second I heard her voice I chucked the stereo at the light with force, causing not only the room to fall quiet moments after, but completely dark as well. I fucking hated the sound of her voice. She was so fucking ungrateful of the life I had given her. She couldn't see clearly, she blindly followed her own path dodging any and all warning signs. Her ignorance would be her fucking death.

I don't like the false light. I spoke through the cigarette that had been sitting in between my lips, and struck a match immediately after, letting my body slide down the wall behind me until I was sitting on the floor. The sound of thunder didn't just fucking roar outside, I was fucking convinced the lightening that caused it was crackling in my mind, the light from it sending another pulse of images, like flashes of someone else's fucking memory. Whoever it was they were made of nothing but rage and hatred and an infallible desire for revenge and they wanted to use me to... Get the fuck back! I spat, my snarly reply causing my eyes to glow white. I glared at her with so much fucking focus the skin at my temples quivered, my teeth clenching and grinding along with it. I didn't know if I was fucking warning her or threatening her.

I don't, want, you, here. Another flash of lightening outside, the image of Ghost replaced with her now. I tightly closed my eyes and pressed my cheek against my own shoulder. I physically felt each image enter my head, like trying to put too much fucking air in a balloon I felt like it was going to explode. More crackling and booming outside sent the fucking flip book in my mind into another frenzy of images that both excited me and fucking terrified me. My hands shot to my ears and I winced as they pressed so hard against my skull I thought I'd cause it to pop before the images could. Everything was so fucking loud.

I dropped  my hands, my expression filled with anger as I let my feet quickly carry me to the nearest blunt object. A leg from one of the stools I had busted earlier. I didn't hesitate, my legs carried me as fast as they possibly could without running and I pressed the wood against her throat and pushed with force until she was pinned against a wall, my glaring eyes staring into hers the entire time. I pressed harder wanting nothing more than to cut off her air supply or break her neck, whichever came first. From blue to black. that black haze filled my eyes again and I smiled as she struggled, not out of happiness, but out of relief. The tension and pain in my body and mind seemed to fade away the harder I pressed.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Honestly I didn't know what I was expecting to find by coming here. I knew shit had to be bad if this was in fact the same crazy shit I'd seen at his house. But it'd been so long since then, months had passed and he'd never mentioned dealing with the same crap. Fuck, I knew that didn't mean that it hadn't happened. Shit, I wasn't sure I'd tell anyone in his place, maybe it'd happened and he'd just kept his mouth shut about it? Realistically I had no fucking way of knowing. But I'd thought that the lessons were working, or at least helping a bit. If they weren't then... I had no clue how to help outside of what I'd already done.

The state of the place had made my heart rate pick up slightly and my gut tightened with unease. This wasn't just some creepy writing of the walls with blood shit and I was starting to realize I'd walked into this practically blind. I could just turn around and leave, on some level I knew that but it just wasn't that simple. I could tell myself I didn't really need to be here until I was fucking blue in the face but it just didn't help. I'd promised to help and Vin wasn't the only one who thought their word should mean more than a few strung together syllables. He'd kept his and I was keeping mine too.

Fuck, what the- I jumped back, feet fully coming down on the broken shards this time as something crashed into the light and everything went properly black. I clenched my jaw so I wouldn't make a sound as sharp piece of glass through their way through my socks and embedded into my skin. The pain wasn't so bad but fuck it I was never leaving without grabbing my boots first. Obviously I'd skipped out on Common Sense 101.

The storm raging outside really didn't help with the whole creepy atmosphere going on in here. My gaze flickered back towards the door I'd just come in through, wondering if I should just backtrack. The feeling only increased when he spoke, my brows raising. False light? Jesus... What the fuck did that even mean? I wasn't fucking fluent in crazy talk. This was just making that knot of anxiety grow, making me wish that I'd asked more questions so that maybe I wouldn't be so fucking out of my depth right now. I flinched when he spoke, then felt anger start to grow. He was the most stubborn fuck I'd ever met and if anyone had a chance of fighting shit out of their mind I didn't see why that couldn't be him. I'm trying to help you, you ass. I spat back, glaring back at him. Shit, I knew on some level that it was fucking stupid to react like this but... I didn't know how else to. And I couldn't just do nothing.

My eyes narrowed at what he said, not responding and just waiting to see what happened next. I wasn't sure I wanted to be here either but that didn't mean I was gonna pussy out and leave. He could be a totally ass but then again sometimes he wasn't. And I didn't think he deserved to have his whole life fucked up over something that wasn't his fucking fault. But that didn't mean I was going to my fucking stupid about it. I glanced around, trying to figure out my next step but it was decided for me when he started moving. I backed away and tried to keep the same amount of distance between us as he moved, eyes fucking glued to him as he picked something up of the ground. I barely had any time to react before he came from me, a noise of shock leaving my throat before my air cut off. 

My back pressed against the wall and the amount of pressure he was putting on that piece of would was fucking unbelievable. In a second my survival instinct kicked in and everything sped up. I didn't waste any time, reaching out a leg and hooking in around one of his, kicking it out from under him. I used the distraction to reach up and grab the piece of wood as he went down, snatching it from his grip and jumping to the side, putting distance between us. I held the stool leg in one hand, the other reaching up to massage my throat as I gasped for air. What the fuck is wrong with you? I yelled, even though I knew it was fucking stupid. My heart was racing now, adrenaline kicking in. And I just couldn't get the image of that creepy fucking smile on his face outta my head. What the hell had I gotten myself in to?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:27 pm

It was like everything had reversed from earlier, and the only thing that hadn't, the only thing that had actually stayed constant was my rage. It no longer felt like the evil was in my head, it felt like I was trapped in my head and the evil was on the outside. The lack of control of my own body was surreal, like I was on the outside watching everything happen while also being on the inside at all at the same time. I could hear my own thoughts, each one causing me to realize the level of pleasure I was getting from sucking the life from her body. I knew it was wrong, but it was so fucking satisfying at the same time. Like a drug.

The problem with rage is in it's spontaneity.

I never planned to kill anyone, I didn't want to kill anyone. But the very image of her struggling caused flashbacks of the young wolf to appear in my mind. A memory that was my own, and as terrible as it was maybe that was a fucking good sign? I wasn't seeing someone elses memories and desires, I was seeing my own past. The realization of it had me feeling as if I was back in my own body again for the briefest of moments, and in that moment I went from bloodthirsty to on the floor, my head and body hitting the wood ground with so much force it knocked the wind out of me. Fuck I was internally begging in that moment for whatever this was that had a hold on me to be knocked out of me along with it.

The black cleared from my eyes and I groaned, feeling the aches in my body that hours and hours of brutality had caused. I was physically being punished for  mistakes that I hadn't even wanted to make from the beginning. Or did I? It was so fucking hard to separate what I wanted from what it wanted that I didn't even know what was fucking real anymore.

I shuffled to my feet, nearly falling over from the speed and looked at her with pleading and fearful eyes, honest eyes, my eyes. My entire body was trembling, it wasn't gone, it was only suppressed temporarily and I didn't know how much time I had. I put my hands up, my palms facing her and took a small step forward. In the basement. My voice shook, still recovering from the blow when she knocked me to the floor. There's rope... Get it. My expression begged her to listen and obey, but she had no reason to trust me, I was completely aware of that.

I rushed over to lock the door, One Shot wouldn't be open tomorrow but it didn't matter, wolves still came and went as they pleased. I moved to lock the back door as well and grabbed a chair before running down to the basement where I placed the chair in the center, under the only light that was currently working. I ripped my belt from the loops of my jeans and sat down. First, I needed her to bind my hands behind me, then she needed to strap me to the fucking chair. The idea of it was fucking mental, but it was all I could think to do to prevent myself from hurting anyone... Even myself.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Should I use my gift? Get inside his head and hopefully give myself an advantage? As soon as I'd thought that I shook the idea off, repelled by it. It made me think of the cliffs and what it had felt like to be touched by.. by whatever the fuck it was. If it would be anything like that again then creating a link with him right now was the last thing I wanted to do. Maybe that was selfish but thinking about self-preservation felt like my only of getting out of this right now. That and being willing to fight him, being willing to not hold back if I had to. I didn't like the idea, in fact I fucking hated it, but I didn't see any other option.

I watched him, my hand clenched so tightly around the piece of wood that my knuckles stood out white. It was shaking too, I realized, and I took a deep breath to force myself calmer. I couldn't be nervous right now and I sure as hell wouldn't let fucking fear take over. This was an unknown entity to me and fear would only make me weaker. I adjusted my grip and the took a second. The shaking finally stopped and I felt a little more ready.

Or at least I thought I was. If he'd come for me then I would've been able to do something about it no matter how much reluctance I did it with. Violence was something I was sure I could handle, even if it turned out to be only temporarily. My mind could calculate the best defensive move to make and the offensive to counterattack it with. That was something I thought I could handle.

What he actually did just totally threw me. I tensed when he got on his feet again, taking another step back just in case I needed it, my muscles coiled and waiting for me to direct my strength where it was needed. But then I caught his gaze and faltered, feeling suddenly unsure. He looked like him again and I had no fucking idea what that meant or what I should do. My gaze narrowed when he spoke. How the fuck do I know you're not gonna turn around a rip me to pieces the second I let my guard down? I hissed, my voice hoarse from what he'd done, hating that I had to even say those words in the first place. Because I did trust him, the real him. I just had no way of knowing whether that was who I was looking at.

It looked like I'd just have to take the chance. I waited until he went for the door, moving so that I was nowhere near him as he did. I turned towards the door of the basement, stopping to pick up the biggest piece of glass I could find and glancing at him over  my shoulder before heading down, skipping steps in my haste to put more space between us. My neck throbbed and I rubbed at it again as I searched frantically for the rope, grabbing it just as I heard him coming down. I jumped, backing up against a wall as I watched him, not even willing to blink more than I had to. This felt so fucking risky, so fucking stupid. When he sat I took a step forward, rope in one hand and the piece of glass in the other. If you try anything I swear to God I'll fucking defend myself Vin, I won't hesitate. My voice shook slightly and I walked forward and behind him, grabbing his arms and wrenching them behind his, placing the glass between my teeth and tying it as securely as I could. I'm no fucking Boy Scout but that should hold. I said after removing my makeshift weapon again, though I wasn't sure how long for. There was every chance he could break those bonds. I grabbed the belt and pulled in around him, strapping him to the chair as tightly as I could.

When I was done I back up again, moving around to his front again and stepping back a good few feet. I perched on the edge of a box, not taking my eyes off him once. What now? I asked, flipping the glass over in my hands. The fucked up part was that I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to that. As messed up as this was it didn't feel like it was going to get better, not after I'd had to bind him to a fucking chair.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics