setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blue to Black - Page 4

[Private] Blue to Black

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Blue to Black

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:24 am

At least I knew that it fit into the same category as all the evil shit out there. The whole 'I'm above you, your puny mind cannot comprehend'- all that crap. I wasn't doubting that it was true either. If I couldn't figure out how the hell this thing forced it's way into my head in the first place then yeah, I definitely fucking believed that the details were beyond my comprehension. But that didn't stop me getting pissed. I felt clammy and ill, like I'd been on the brink of throwing up since I'd gotten here. I was freaked out to the point where I just wanted to get the hell outta there and damn the consequences. But yeah, still 'pissed' was the feeling permeating my body. God? That's such fucking bullshit. Gods are worshiped and I don't even know what the hell you are. You just come across as something demonic that 'plays' with people for the hell of it and then brags like a bitch. I didn't care if it was genderless after all, it was still a fucking bitch. I knew that losing my temper with something that had the power to incapacitate me was so fucking stupid but I couldn't help myself. I felt almost helpless and I loathed that feeling with every fiber of who I was.

My eyes widened when it continued, the words that left his mouth and echoed in my brain made my fucking skin crawl. It had use for me? What the fuck do you mean? If you think I'll just let you use me- I broke off with a growl, reaching my limit. I didn't care if Vincent was just a shell to this... thing right now. I was sick of hearing those words coming from him, sick of how wrong they sounded in his voice. If I had to knock him out to shit it up then he'd have to suffer the sore head in the morning. I scrambled to my feet, opening the nearest box I could to see if there was something heavy enough that one good solid blow would put him out cold. I was so focused that I didn't notice the smell at first, but it hit me full blast when the light blew and I turned around, frowning. Okay, so the light had blown. Not a big deal.

Then another sound had me stopping, hands stilling in their search. The smell of burning was stronger how and I wasn't so sure it was just from an overheated bulb anymore. A second snapping sound followed and I whipped around, losing vital seconds in the time to focus on him again. When I did he was already coming for me and I just... I just fucking froze. His hand found my already bruised-feeling neck and I gasped the deepest breath I could my breath was choked off. My instincts kicked in a second too late and I tried to raise my arms, grabbing his hand and trying to pull it away from my throat. I was so focused on that that when pain seared through my body at first I wasn't even sure what had happened. Then agony radiated out from my stomach and my free hand gripped his other arm, like somehow I wouldn't find it partially embedded in my stomach. My vision blurred and tears of pain started to run down my face. S-stop. I choked out, feeling something wet and warm rising in my throat. I coughed and gasped for air again and I realized what I'd felt had been blood when the metallic tang covered my tongue before. Why did it fucking burn where he touched me? It was like being ripped open and thrown on an open flame at the same time. My head tilted, my hands falling limply to my sides. It was too fucking much and I teetered on the edge of passing out.

My mind felt sluggish now, but his voice came through still. My minds' defenses had been completely torn down so him being able to send me a message went without saying. And hurt like a bitch too. I cringed away from the sound of it at first, the sound of anyone in my mind was so unwelcome after what had just happened to me, after what it had done to my head. But I listened anyway, managing to force open eyes that had been squeezed shut from the waves of pain lacerating my body. I saw the his eyes go from black to piercing white and I felt a surge of adrenaline. I grabbed hold of his mind and latched on to his thoughts, the intentions of them. My glare intensified and my own eyes started to glow as I tried to channel his gift back to himself. I could almost sense it, like something passing through without me having any control of it outside of direction. Pain spiked again and just wanted to curl up around myself, but I managed to stay still, barely flinching as I kept my eyes locked on his.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:35 pm

I could hear it laughing in my head, and for a split second I actually understood how fucking intrusive and unwelcome it was to have someone else invading your mind. For once I saw Peyton's gift as something other than great. My mind quickly moved on, or didn't, I didn't know if my mind was even my mind anymore so I couldn't say for fucking sure where it was, or what I was thinking. The shit I was seeing through my eyes in that moment was... It felt different. I used to wonder what it would be like to be someone else, to see the world through different eyes and a different perspective, but now I was experiencing it and it didn't feel like fucking home to me, it didn't feel like anything that I'd ever want to experience again. I was seeing Peyton, but I wasn't seeing her the way I'd always seen her, I fucking hated her, and not at all like I did before. This hate was different, this hate was insatiable.

Whatever it was, it wanted her heart. In the sea of hatred, confusion, and fear one thing stood out, it was how oddly connected I felt to it's desire to reach for her heart. Was there a connection between the consumption of Odin's heart and hers? What was it about the fucking heart that impacted the lives of supernatural kind so deeply? A stake to the heart kills a fanger, the eating of a pack masters heart crowns a new ruler, the use of livestock hearts creates powerful magic for mages... The slight curiosity and bond I felt to the act vanished the second I heard her voice. I quickly realized that I did have at least some control over my own body, because I hesitated for the slightest of seconds before pushing on.

I couldn't have described the moment even if I wanted to. Everything happened so fast. Only seconds earlier I had been strapped to that chair, and it felt like only minutes ago I was sitting at the bar when that pure rage began to swim through my blood. All I could think clearly was one word, and it was so real to me that it almost felt as if I'd spoken it. ''Stop'' One word, and it seemed to cut through the tension in the air. I stumbled back and fell against one of the support beams, my breathing was heavy, but it was my own. I was sweating like I'd just run a marathon, but it was my own. The basement of One Shot had gone from unfamiliar and chaotic to familiar and calm. My mind had gone from hazy and imprisoning to clear and free. The world I was seeing, I was seeing through my eyes again, and the repercussions of everything flooded in shortly after. My jaw ached so badly it hurt to move it. My entire body ached. My hands stung, and I had a migraine so strong it was causing me to see double. The cherry on top though, the cherry on top was the way my heart sunk into my stomach when I realized what I'd done, what I'd tried to do and I quickly shuffled to my feet barely managing to catch my balance.

I instinctively rushed towards her, somehow lucidly aware that there was nearly a one hundred percent chance that she would claw my throat open but I did it anyway. Keys, give me your keys. My voice was hoarse as if I'd spent the entire week shouting. It seemed to cut in and out, from hoarse tone to breathy and non existent. Now was not the fucking time to lose my voice, I needed to fucking help her.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

That dark edge that I was drifting so close to- the one that could give me even just a few moments of fucking escape from the nightmare- there was nothing I wanted more than to reach out and just fall right off it. Just a temporary fucking reprieve from the pain that was blasting it's way through my body, all the different source were just too fucking much. Everything hurt. But at the same time it was like the only thing I could focus on was the way he was ravaging my stomach, like the rest of my body outside of that area had ceased to existed. It kept fading in and out- my awareness of thing like the pain splitting my head after the attack on the mind, the searing ache in my throat as I gasped in tiny trickles of air that still weren't enough. All of it was dwarfed which each throb of agony that pulsed from my abdomen. Under all that there was just this overwhelming sense of fucking wrongness about it. Like just knowing that there was something within me that shouldn't be, damaging me in places I'd never been hurt before, my mind scrambling as it tried to make sense of it all.

And then the part of me knowing that it was his hands doing it, even if it wasn't really him. Or maybe there was still a part of him in there that knew but did nothing to fight against what was happening? I didn't know, that was the whole point. I had no way of ever knowing. People lied all the fucking time and even I couldn't go searching through their heads if they managed to hide the truth well enough. I wouldn't ever do that either, but how could I not wonder? It was just too much, too many thinks to think about, my mind in total disarray from the signals my body was probably bombarding it with. But I didn't care, not when the tipping point of falling into oblivion and relief was getting closer every second. I could feel it. Just knew that I was going to pass out. Any second now. Any sec-

In a heartbeat the murkiness that had started to slow my thoughts lifted as he withdrew, a scream tearing from my wasted throat but cut short as I collapsed, falling limply to the floor now that he was no longer holding me up against the wall. I gasped, my body functioning of auto-pilot as it tried to draw air into my deprived lungs. Every breath hurt, the muscles in my neck straining against the damage that'd been done to them. I realized that the black fog of passing out had been stolen from him, that I'd be forced to fucking endure this until I couldn't take anymore.

My eyes opened at that realization and I just tried to curl around myself, arms crossing over my stomach. I looked down at myself but I couldn't even register what I was seeing. All I saw was the blood. It was fucking everywhere, covering me and steadily pooling around where I lay. I felt like I couldn't see properly, everything just blurred and disorientating. The lungfuls of air I'd been drawing in had diminished to smaller, panting breaths. Quick and insubstantial. But that wasn't fucking good enough. I tighten my hold on my stomach with one arm and tried to raise of the ground with the other. The action had me clenching my jaw to bit back another scream but I persisted, forced myself in slouched sitting position, my head hanging forward. Everything felt like it was slipping between slow motion and ridiculously fast. The sound of his voice snapped me into focus, but when he approached I reacted instinctively, trying to move away. This could be another trick, a diversion before he- it- whatever- finished me off. But I didn't see what other choice I had. 

They're still i- fuck- in the damn truck- Pain had flared through me again as I'd tried to talk, but it helped me focus. I slouched back against the wall, pressing against in and trying to shove myself up using my legs. My free hand tried to grip at something for more leverage but they kept slipping because of the blood that covered them until enough had been wiped of that I could grip the edge of a support beam. It was excruciating, every fucking atom in my body protested against the movement but I managed it, actually pulled myself up and stood on my feet, even if I swayed and had an ache in my jaw from trying not to make a sound. I don't need you to- I started, attempting to step past him but my legs refused to co-operate with me, and my words cut off as I crumpled towards the wall, barely managing to avoid crashing to the floor again as I grabbed on to something, just about holding myself upright.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:39 pm

First came shock and realization. What I had thought, done, wanted to do... The things I had seen in my head, the things that had just happened, the things that really just happened. What I had done to the bar, what I had done to her... The lack of control, the overpowering rage and hatred, the imprisonment in my own mind, the singing ropes and busted light, the dripping... Ozra... Everything, realization and shock. Next came guilt, and fuck it was nearly as powerful as the hatred that had just faded away from me. Next was my focus on what was happening now. I even had to pause and question myself. Did I want to save her because I didn't want her to die, or did I want to save her because two dead wolves by my own hand was worse than one? The answer was obvious, it was a combination of both. Which was exactly what lead to the next phase... Panic.

The blood pooling around her had images flashing through my mind, but not in the way they were before. They were just memories of the things I had seen when it was controlling me, as well as memories of things I had seen when it wasn't... My hands shook from fear, genuine fear that stemmed from the panic, shock, realization, and guilt. Everything was so fucking connected, and every negative emotion just lead to another and intensified.

Stop! She couldn't move, that wasn't good. That much I knew, and from the way her legs wobbled I knew I was right. Just... Fuck let me think! When I reached for her I saw her blood on my hands for the first time and and my eyes widened as the fear transformed into absolutely fucking terrified, horrified... Sick... I reached under her legs and lifted her up, feeling almost too weak to carry her up the stares but I pushed forward. Don't say a fucking word Oveyx, not a fucking word. She just needed to shut up, I needed to get her to the fucking hospital and hope the right doctor was working because there was no fucking way we would make it all the way up to the Den in time.

I struggled through each step, and when I reached the top of the stairs I felt as if I grew fucking wings. I rushed around the wreckage and out the front door just as Ozra was pulling in. He stopped and got out of his truck as I was placing her into the passenger seat of hers. ''What the fuck happened Onyx, what the fuck happened?!'' - I can't, I have to- I paused and nervously ran my fingers through my hair. You have to take her Ozra, the hospital. Get her to Lopez, he's dealt with our kind before, GO NOW! He didn't even question me, he just got into her truck and pulled out. He was more focused on her than he was on me and I felt fucking guilty for even being relieved at that. I shouldn't have, I fucking shouldn't have.

I pulled his truck forward and shut it off before heading back inside to clean up the blood. It was all I could think to do, clean up my fucking mess and disappear. There was no other answer.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Did I even exist outside of pain in that moment? It really didn't fucking feel like it. I was so caught up in my own body and the damage that had been done to it that anything else felt... irrelevant. Just distant and muted. My nerve endings were on fire and the pain continued to spike and then almost fade out for a moment when it felt like I was reaching my fucking breaking point. I almost thought I could feel my body trying to heal, trying to knit back together but there was just too much for it to be effective enough and that realization made me feel like I wanted to throw up.

Blood was still pumping from the the wound and my insides felt mangled, as if my body could tell that things weren't working like they were supposed to. You couldn't pay me enough to look down at myself right then, not when I already felt like I was barely holding myself together. I gripped my stomach harder and tried to ignored how lightheaded I felt. I needed to focus on something else. Anything else. Like the fact that I wanted to rip his throat out for this and I was past the point of caring about whether he'd been in his right mind or not. I glared at him, teeth bared when he spoke and a snarl ripping from my throat when he spoke. The sound of his voice just made me think of the thing it had used him to say. Don't fucking touch me! I wanted to scream it at him when he reached for me but I couldn't, my voice was just a hoarse fucking whisper and I hated myself for that, hated him for it too no matter how irrational and unfair that might be of me.

I tried to keep him from touching me when he went to pick me up, one bloody hand leaving a smeared print on his face at my weak ass attempt to push him away. Don't, just... don't! I didn't want him to touch me, not when in my mind I could still feel how his touch had burned my skin like heated metal pressed to flesh. Being trapped in his arms while imagining that was nothing short of sheer torture and I struggled with everything I had left to escape. Let me go- just- let me GO! Fuck you! After that it was just a stream of curses and continued struggles and I barely noticed the fact that doing so just made the blood flow from me more quickly and that the darkening edges of my vision were growing stronger again.

It changed from dry to wet and windy in a heartbeat and I was dimly aware that this meant I must be outside again. My ability to try fight against him had quickly died out and I was just slumped, my head lolling backwards over his arm like I was some useless ragdoll. My mouth felt dry like I hadn't ever been given a drink in my life and yet none of this things mattered to me anymore. The storm was still raging, thunder clapping and yet I could just about hear it. Even the anger and resentment I'd felt moments ago had been whittled away to nothing and I just closed my eyes, putting the last of my strength into keeping pressure on the wound even if it barely doing anything. I wouldn't fucking go out like this, it was pathetic and I was proud enough to think I was better than that. I could feel myself being lowered into the seat on my truck, something I only knew because I recognized the scent. I opened my eyes into slits, jerking away from him even as he was already moving back. The sound of voices just about reached me but I closed my eyes again and tried to block it all out. I pressed both hands to the wound now but they'd gone so numb I couldn't even tell if I was doing it right and still I just couldn't make myself look down. The truck door closed and there was the sound of Ozra's voice, saying something to me as he started the truck up and pulled out onto the road. But I couldn't even hear the words anymore. My hands fell limply to my lap as I felt the blackness pulling me in and I passed out, finally getting some relief from this nightmare.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics