setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Blue to Black - Page 3

[Private] Blue to Black

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Blue to Black

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Tighter. My voice sounded exhausted, but stern, all at the same time. The feet too, leave nothing unbound. And tighter for fucks sake, I don't even want to have room to breathe. Could I break free? It was possible, but I was specific, I had chosen a chair of metal, not a chair of wood for that very reason. There was a throbbing pain in my entire body, I felt overheated, and not in a ''oh it's a fucking hot day'' kind of way either, in a ''my fucking skin is on fire'' kind of way. The throb seemed to quicken, it was no longer waves of a dull ache, but swiftly pulsing agony now. I had said it before, I couldn't contain whatever it was that was inside of me. My body wasn't physically strong enough to hold the power I felt inside. And it felt like at any moment it was going to explode out of my flesh.

I was freezing, but my shirt was entirely drenched in sweat, and I could feel my hair sticking to the side of my face from the moisture. My mouth was dry, like I hadn't had water for days and it felt like my tongue was swelling because of it. Every muscle in my body contracted, muscle spasms that caused it to appear as if my entire body was quivering. I felt like I had been hit like a bus going one-twenty. I don't... I stopped and swallowed, my throat felt like fucking sandpaper. I was afraid to open my mouth, because I felt like fucking vomiting. So, I closed my eyes and my head fell, my chin pressing against my chest as my erratic and loud breathing was the only sound to accompany us.

No... The word came out sounding like a shaky whine, and honest whimpers followed as I felt my thoughts swelling. It was coming back, it was fucking coming back. My head was still down, and I tightly closed my eyes as that searing pain in my head came blasting back with a vengeance, images along with it. For the first time, it felt like I had been sucked out of my own body and placed into a different body, place, and time. Like my soul had been dragged into the memory. My form was wolf, but not the wolf that I knew. My size was much larger, and the two wolves running beside me were just as large and menacing as I. Their muscular form was almost divine, godly. They seemed to emit a sense of importance, far greater than any I had ever experienced. I felt oddly connected to my form, and devoted to those running beside me. The only thing that pulled me from this feeling was the image of a woman ahead. I soon realized I wasn't in control of this body, as it came to a stop without me commanding it to. Her jaw moved, but nothing but air came out, the importance of her words was non-existent, so much so that they literally fell on deaf ears. I could see her pleading, but heard nothing.

I threw my head back with a gasp, I felt as if I had been drowning. My eyes stared up at the flickering light above me, the brightness of it piercing as that black haze filled my eyes. My muscles flexed, not wanting to free myself from the chair but to free myself from my very own body. I growled, and it got louder in volume, my voice eventually mixing into it as I tried to rip the rope from my arms. It was so fucking hot, holy fucking god it was burning hot being in my own skin. Please Peyton, please release me it hurts so fucking bad! I pleaded and begged, but it wasn't me. I didn't speak those words, they came from my body and they sounded like me but someone else was controlling that part of me now. I couldn't fight whatever it was. Fear filled me as I realized how genuine I had sounded, and I had no way of telling her it wasn't me...

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:27 pm

This is so fucked up. I ground the words out but did what he asked, pulling the belt as tight as I could get it to fucking go and then some. What I said was true though, this shit was messed up but there didn't seem to be any other options right now. It can't go any tighter. Shit. I used the piece of glass to cut away any excess rope and used that on his feet, binding them to the point of probably cutting off circulation. Fuck maybe that would prove useful if he did break free, numb feet wouldn't exactly contribute to agility. And if he did manage to break free then I'd probably need any bit of help I could get. I didn't know if this demonic shit would make him stronger of not but assuming it wouldn't do anything seemed stupid as fuck.

Once I'd backed up and sat down I realized how completely fucking hopeless this was. I hadn't a clue what to do and I really couldn't see what use I was in this situation. He was the one who knew about this shit and I couldn't trust a fucking word that came out of his mouth. It was still twitching from adrenaline but my earlier exhaustion was making itself known again. I pinched the bridge of my nose and squeezed my eyes shit tight, jaw clenching when he spoke and just trying to ignore the fact that I felt so fucking useless. I couldn't look at him either, just kept seeing black eyes in my mind whenever I did.

The light started to flicker, drawing my gaze to it and a chill crept up my spine like some kinda sense of foreboding. Then exactly what I'd been dreading happened. The night at the cliffs still stood out so starkly in my head that I recognized the warning signs immediately. There was nothing I could fucking do. My vision flickered, a brief image flashing through my skull along with a sharp throb of pain. It only got worse from there. The pain blossomed within my skull as any remnant of my mental barriers were torn away, making it feel like my head was being split open. My hands clenched into fists until the shard of glass sliced through my skin. I dropped it, raising my hands to clutch as my head as the images started coming faster, each more gruesome than the last. My family, my parents and sister exactly as I'd last seen them but it was so wrong. They were mutilated beyond recognition and yet I still knew it was them. There was blood everywhere. Everywhere. When I open my eyes it was on my hands and immediately I knew I'd done this to them. I'd killed them. 

A yell burst from my throat and I surged forward, going for the source of this mental torture. It didn't matter that it wasn't his fault, nothing mattered except making it stop. I snarled fist flying out and catching him on his jaw only for another spike of pain to rip through my skull causing me to fall back. I lay there, screaming when the pain intensified and more and more people became the subject of those gruesome visions. Everyone I'd even given the slightest crap about, my mind convincing me that I'd done it, maimed and mutilated them.

It faded, just enough for me to become aware of something wet and warm trickling over my mouth. I raised a hand, it coming away with real blood on it and I realized that my nose was bleeding. I flinched when he spoke, the tone of his voice making me want to rip my ears off so I never had to hear it again. I can't. I'm sorry, I can't, I just can't. I looked up at him, more scared than I wanted to admit. What the hell was this shit. If it hurt me that much to experience it then what the fuck was he going through? But I couldn't, I had no way of knowing if this was him. Really him. The real him had asked me to tie him up and letting him loose again... I just didn't know if I could take the risk.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Whatever this was it antagonized. It spread like fucking radiation poisoning and inflicted agony just by being. It forced me to laugh when it spread to her, and I knew it was spreading without knowing how I even knew. My own laugh sent chills down my back as the one thing I never allowed myself to feel began becoming more prominent. Fear.

I felt the repercussions of it's choices when her fist hit my jaw, causing my neck to tense with pain and jaw to pierce and throb. My lip split open, and red stained my teeth and dripped down my chin. Her force piled on top of the torment I was already experiencing, a message I couldn't send. Laughter started again, and my red stained teeth caught the light as I tipped my head back in complete hysterics. Of course you can Peyton. Another involuntary speech. I didn't blink, not once, and my head turned to the side like a curious puppy dog as my blackened eyes stared into her as they had Ozra. Isn't that your name now? Peyton, the betrayer of her own kind? You cling to your humanity more than this one does, blindly ignoring the gifts that have been bestowed upon you. My head cocked to the other side, and a sinister grin pulled at the corners of my mouth.

I cannot blame you for not granting yourself a name, your species does not take kindly to your gender. But... Could it be that you cling to your humanity for another reason? Something deeper?

I must admit, as much as I have enjoyed this game and your pack masters torment, your attempts to harm me are futile. I cannot feel, I am indestructible. But please continue to let your wolfen rage take form, I do enjoy his misery.

I could grant my own freedom now if I desired, this weak body, bound or unbound wouldn't prevent me from obtaining what I desire. My power isn't merely contained in my fists as yours. It stretches far beyond, your imagination couldn't even fathom my strength.

But something about this is ironic is it not? The fact that I could turn your very being into a pile of dust with a blink of an eye, causing you to burn from your insides out while still bound is too amusing.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:22 pm

This was quickly going from one level of totally fucked up to a whole new one. One that was ten times worse and made me feel totally hopeless. Should it have ended by now? Fuck, it hadn't lasted nearly this long at his place all those months ago and I couldn't fucking remember if he'd even mentioned any kinda time frame back then. My body still shook and throbbed but at the same time I felt numb, like I wouldn't be able to stand if I tried. I slid back further away from him, not wanting to even be tempted with the urge to let him loose.

My head felt like it was having pressure applied to it when he started laughing, a sound that sent chills of unease down along my spine, the whole effect made all the worse by the effect punching him had had. I hadn't wanted to do that, I hadn't even consciously chosen to. It'd just been a reaction to the pain, lashing out without control. I wished I'd hit him harder now, maybe if I had I could've knocked him out and been spared what happened next. 

He spoke, but at the same time there was this fucking echo in my head, like the words he said were being repeated but it wasn't his voice I heard them in. It was one that was totally unfamiliar and just fucking eerie as hell. Goosebumps sprang up all over my skin as soon as I heard it, pain starting up behind my eyes again just from the sound of it. More than any of that though what got to me the most was the fact that... shit, the voice was female. I just couldn't fucking process it but that didn't stop the words sinking in. My eyes widened and my hands became fists again, but I held back the urge to blindly strike out again. It wouldn't achieve anything. 

I- I... what the fuck it this? I spat out, my pulse racing and my skin becoming clammy. Fucking hell, I'd have given anything for this to turn out to be some sick and twisted joke. The things that were coming out of his mouth and resonating in my head made me feel both infuriated and confused me. But I didn't know what to say. I hadn't a clue how to respond. This wasn't like a situation where someone pissed you off and you could just fire back. I didn't even know what it was I was talking to, didn't know how far it's reached stretched. The pain it had cause was enough to put me on the defensive. Make me think before I opened my mouth. Shit, had there ever been a chance to talk to... whatever this was? Should I try?

What the hell are you? I narrowed my eyes, sliding back another few inches. I'm not clinging to anything. There's nothing deeper. But if she was in my head maybe it'd already seen the gruesome images I had. People I cared about. Could that be what it meant? I shook my head, trying to stop it's words from distracting me and clouding my judgement. The voice in my head was toxic, muddled my thoughts. If you're so powerful then why are you hiding under someone else's skin? Why are you speaking in riddles? I growled, the stress of the situation weighing on me. It made it sound like it was just toying with me, toying with him too but in a way that was so much worse. 

The threat was all it took for me to snap. Why don't you do it then? Why are you even wasting time talking if killing me is what you're gonna do- where's the fucking irony? Because I don't see any. Again with the riddles. It was sick, this whole thing was sick. I just wanted to leave. I should leave, it was the smartest fucking option. But I couldn't do the smart thing. I was pissed off and frantic at the same time, but I'd given my word. My stupid fucking word.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:24 pm

I had a vessel of my own once... Unfortunately your earthly brain could not even begin to understand the complexity of me. I move freely, to any host I desire. While you and your wretched and vile kind are bound to your weak flesh and bones, easily susceptible to death, I live forever. I am bound to no one or no thing, I am invincible, all knowing, I am God to you and your insolent brothers and sisters.

I have use for you yet Peyton... I had fallen into the abyss, enslaved in my own mind and shut off from seeing through my own eyes or hearing with my own ears. It wasn't until I heard myself say Peytons name, it sounded so articulate and the laughter that followed... Her name seemed to drag on through the laughter, and I began fighting. Not for her, but for me. This was my fucking body and I deserved control over it.

It felt like my soul was too big for my body as I fought for my claim over it. The smell of smoke filled the room and the buzzing light above me flickered until the bulb exploded. The ropes around me were burning away like my fiery skin and sent invisible flames through it's tiny strands. That explained the smell of smoke... One arm snapped free, and I thought it was me that had done it. The other arm snapped free, and my legs came next. Had I freed myself? No... My feet were moving towards her, I had not commanded them to do that.

My hand went around her neck and shoved her up one of the support beams. My other hand, claws now fully emerged from the ends of my fingers entered her abdomen. The smell of burning flesh immediately hit me as I realized that invisible fire on my skin really was real. I could feel inside of her and holy fuck I didn't want to. I immediately tried to send a message to her, hoping whatever this was had opened up her mind, hoping whatever this was had caused her gift to go to default mode. ''Connect us, for the love of fucking God make the link Peyton and channel my gift so I can command it to stop! Reflect it back to me it'll fucking work!'' The black faded from my eyes, but only to be replaced with a glowing white. I had no fucking clue if her making a mental connection could be used so I could use my gift on myself. God it sounded so fucking complex but I had to try...

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics