setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping - Page 2

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:31 pm

I nodded, finding his reason good enough. I preferred car camping, driving to your location meant you could enjoy the experience in some common luxuries. An air mattress for one. I was too old to be sleeping on the ground. Well no, no you cannot. I laughed, realizing that he had a good point. I will help you with your tent if you want? Or just eat something if you are hungry, do not tell anyone I told you this but I know your guide, and he is not very observant man. I laughed again, and quickly tucked my lips to stop myself.

The smell of pine was lightly mingling with other earthy scents, something my mind had not been in tune with before due to my focus. I took in a deep breath and turned my focus back to Lenny. I am glad you think so. It is a bit creepy if you are alone though. I admitted. But with all of these people it could be nice. A part of me did feel obligated to the lie I had told the guide. What I said about him was true, he was not a very observant man, and I could have easily slipped out unnoticed if I had wanted to. But what I would not tell Lenny was, the woods were not a safe place, even if there were many people. I had not spotted any recruits so far, which meant as far as I knew, these people were out here alone. Staying with them could be fun, and work, which were usually not two things that I could experience at the same time.

Oh, I uh... I looked around, as if I had lost a pack that I did not bring to begin with. I was just out for a walk, running into you and all of these people was just a happy accident. I am sure I can find somewhere to sleep however.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:57 pm

The guide wasn't very observant? I blinked at Helios in confusion, and then my face split into a big grin. Quote Begin Shit! I have cookies at the bottom of my bag, if we get the tent out we can have them. We could put the tent up and eat them at the same time.Quote End I decided, easily accepting Helios' offer of help.

I strode off towards where the others were putting up tents, and then a bit away from them, and then back closer. A part of me wondered if a bit of privacy was nice, but Helios' comment about the woods being creepy if you were alone soon made me decide otherwise. I stood in my chosen spot, looking around at the ground under my feet and then crouching down, swinging my bag off my back and dumping it on the floor beside me. I rolled my shoulders, trying to stretch out the ache that had set in them.

Quote Begin Huh? Really? Well, it's good you did. And.. I guess you could always share my tent, I think... I mean obviously you can, but Mary-Ann bought it for me and I don't even know how fucking big it is.Quote End I upended my large rucksack, undoing the top and tugging out the ridiculously small bag that I still couldn't believe held a fucking tent inside, no matter how compacted it was. Another bag followed it, dropping to he ground with a metallic clang as whatever in it knocked against each other. I rummaged inside for the bag of cookies, feeling it and withdrawing it from among my clothes and shit. Without hesitation I opened the packet, popped one in my mouth and placed them back in the opening of my rucksack, facing towards Helios so he could grab one too.

I crouched over the bags, picking one up in each hand and looking between them before glancing up to Helios, confusion written all over my face. Quote Begin So... uh... these go into a tent somehow, or.. something?Quote End I said, words muffled through cookie and coming out more like Fo fff vese fo info a fenf funfow ff fffingff.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:18 pm

That sounds like a great plan. I admitted, my hunger and taste finally matching his for once. My feet followed in his steps, to a spot, another, and then back again and I waited patiently for him to decide on his location. So did you come with anyone else? Avery? Or just Mary-Ann? I asked, wondering how many others I would be enjoying the company of for the next twenty-four hours. I would not mind if others had come, but a part of me hoped otherwise. I had been hoping to talk to Lenny about a few things and it would be significantly easier to pull him away for a chat if he did not have too many friends around.

Oh? I spoke without hesitation. That is kind of you to offer, we will have to see if it is big enough. If not I should be able to figure something out. I tended to have difficulties sleeping at night anyway, after so much time spent with an irregular sleep pattern, my body never really knew when it was tired.

I knelt down and began opening the nylon casing of his tent, first I pulled out the footprint mat and laid it out over the more level part of the ground, and then I placed the tent over it. We were on a very slight slope so I made sure to put the entrance of the tent at the lowest part. I didn't want him or myself waking up with a headache from all of our blood rushing to it all night. stood up, the hard part now over and realized Lenny had found his cookies, I pulled one out with a Thank you, and placed nearly the entire thing into my mouth to free my hands.

I looked to him, my expression confused, and I was unsure if I was more confused at what he had said or more confused at the fact that I had actually understood what he said. The poles, you'll want to link those together like so. I removed them from his hands and showed him how they fit together then passed them back. Then we're going to want to put them through these little holes and latches, I fingered the holes, showing him where they went. Then the others are the stakes, we can put those in after. - It is not too much work, this tent seems pretty basic without anything too complicated.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:45 am

The mention of Avery put a stop to my starting excitement and I stalled, watching Helios set the tent stuff out on the ground. Quote Begin Just Mary-Ann. Avery's... she's still away on a photoshoot.Quote End I admitted, fidgeting with my sleeves. I had to stop myself, taking back the pole things for something to at least do as a distraction. The longer Avery had been away, with little to no contact, the longer I had this unsettling feeling that something had gone really, really wrong. I kept expecting her to turn up and tell me it was time to get out of the house or something like that. For the first time in years, it wasn't his face that was stealing my sleep at night.

I got up and started slotting the poles together, chewing on cookie and feeling enlivened as it all seemed to work. But then when I picked one up, the length of the poles together just meant it fell apart when I tried to angle it and I gave up, kneeling down to look at the holes on the tent material instead. Quote Begin How the fuck do these fit in here?Quote End I poked at the holes Helios had shown me, and then tried fitting the pole into it. It fit, but barely, and it was a fucking tight fit at that. Why the fuck make a tent so stupid to put up? I wouldn't have even cared about ripping the shitty thing apart from the fact that Mary-Ann had bought it for me and she was in the vicinity, so I clasped my hand around the pole as delicately as possible and bought it towards the hole. I slipped the pole in as gently as I could, slotting the different parts together as I pushed them through all the various holes and loops. It was fiddly shit, and I cursed a few times when it didn't seem to want to go in and got ready to give up, but then in it would pop and I'd continue with renewed enthusiasm.

Quote Begin Right now, this doesn't look big enough for fucking anything.Quote End I said, staring down at the flat material and wondering how the fuck it ended up as a tent. Quote Begin I mean, what - does it open out or something? Why can't they just make tents that come as fucking tentsQuote End I grumbled, so focused on my task that I didn't even hear the approaching footsteps.

Quote Begin Helios! What a surprise seeing you here hun!Quote End Mary-Ann beamed, folding her arms and standing back to watch us. Quote Begin And you've even got Lenny willingly working, too.Quote End I spluttered out a protest in response but then grinned when she winked at me, shaking my head. Quote Begin I do loads of fucking work.Quote End I said, unable to stop the grin at Mary-Ann's typical teasing and keeping my head down to try and hide it. Quote BeginWillingly.Quote End I added on, feeling even more conscious of the poles and holes with Mary-Ann standing over us.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:57 am

Oh, well that can not be bad. Work must be going good for her. My eyes were intently focused on the tent, but quickly shifted to Lenny watching him curiously as he fiddled around with the tent. I used my hand to cover my smile, and once it had faded I crossed my arms and watched. He struggled, but he managed to get the job done in the end. The best way to learn was by doing, and he did it. Well... I took a step forward, adjusted a few of the poles,  latched them in place in the center and walked around to place the ends of them into the corner tags. When I had finished, it had gone from flat, to upright in seconds. Granted he had done most of the work, and what I considered the hardest part of the entire process. There. I smiled and dusted off my hands before stepping towards the stakes.

Oh, hello Marry-Ann. I grinned as I moved over to place the stakes by the tent and walked back. I let out a short laugh and nodded, The real work has yet to even start. There was wood gathering, food preparation, the list was really endless when it came to camping. Relaxation really only came at night when bodies would begin to settle down around the fire. ''You boys hungry?'' She asked, and as much as I hated to impose something other than cookies did sound appealing. I could go for a bite after helping with the wood gathering. I shrugged. You want to join me Lenny?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics