setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping - Page 7

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:24 pm

After I finished building the fire (and it was a beautiful fire, if I do say so myself) I started about my own business. I already had my tent up and had done a pretty good job of befriending most of my temporary neighbors. I was feeling happy about the whole excursion in general. It was just what I needed after some of the shit that had gone down over the weekend.

The next part was food. Food is of utmost importance to me, and I had carefully packed more than enough of everything I needed. One of the best benefits of being a wolf - I was fucking strong. The extra food didn't really weigh me down. I was carrying a frame pack and another smaller backpack with no problem. I'd put down the frame pack when we first arrived, but I still had the backpack so I could carry around various useful things with me.

I had a couple steaks sizzling over the fire in no time. It was hard for me to be patient enough to let it die down to that just right fire height that's perfect for roasting marshmallows or, in my case, steaks. Steaks cooked over a campfire are excellent. They have this great flavor that you can only get from this method of cooking. I could smell the fat and the tasty steak juices and it was driving me crazy. I think I was drooling.

The steaks needed just a tad more time, and I needed a distraction or I was going to wolf them down. Heh. See what I did there? Anyway, I saw this group of people looking really tense. Like really tense. And I figured I could help out in that case. I grabbed a couple beers from my pack and marched right up with a slight smile on my face. Can I offer y'all something to drink? And, with just the right amount of control, I let just a slight amount of happy feeling seep into the people of the group. It was nothing compared to some of the shit I'd released lately. So little that it wouldn't affect me, thank God. Yup, letting loose feels good.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:22 pm

It was kind of a shame the two of them had split, I kinda liked this Lenny dude already in a... "bless your heart" kind of way. He obviously hadn't caught that I was putting on, and I even saw Jesse roll his eyes a little. I made a point to elbow him again.

Dude, I'm joshin' ya. Of course I remember. It's not every day someone walks into the bakery with their own theme music, I said remembering that whole mess. Hey, I'm Donna, by the way, I said to the dark-haired man, not wanting him to be completely left out or anything. Yes, I'd heard Lenny's mention of cookies, and as much as I usually had a sweet tooth, I was trying to save my appetite for the main entree. Besides, beer and cookies just didn't really work in my head.

See? Things didn't have to stay awkward. All you had to do was keep the conversation going, keep everyone included, and everyone would be happy. Apparently we as a group just looked so cool that the cutie I'd noticed earlier had joined in. God, if this were a few years ago during my brief attempt at college, someone would have busted out a hacky sack by now. Or maybe a Frisbee. Jesse all but jumped at the offer for one of the beers.

I've got some in my cooler, but maybe these guys could use something? I nodded toward Lenny and his friend.. or whatever the dude was. But seriously, maybe it was just me, but before Jesse even handled the beer, he seemed to relax, and I had a feeling like the weekend was going to be just fine, if not epic.

You guys got any plans for tonight? I mean, like... I don't suppose we're literally sitting around the fire singing boy scout songs.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Each stroke passed another second. Unfortunately at this point I needed to pass more than seconds, I needed to pass minutes. I did not want to be rude. I faced vampires, wolves, mages, necromancers, I faced more things that most would face in a lifetime on a daily basis, I could handle a moment of awkward conversation could I not? I placed my blade down beside me and propped up the stick beside it and stood up. Helios. I smiled and nodded as I extended my hand to introduce myself to the woman. Nice to see you again, Jesse. I dipped my head into a nod as I acknowledged his presence.

Another woman appeared and I turned my smile to her, That is very kind, I could use something to drink. As my hand gripped around the bottle a weird feeling came over me. One that did not come from myself. There was something different about it, maybe it was too subtle for most to detect, but I spent my entire life learning the difference. It all lies in the subtleties. My friendly grin faded and I held the bottle for a moment before removing it from her hands. My eyes were on hers the entire time, and an unsure smile flickered on my face. The only thing that tore my eyes from her was Lenny's voice. No, I do not believe you did. Do you think you left them near the meadow? My eyes shifted back to the blonde woman for a moment before moving back to Lenny, and eventually the woman, which I had learned the name of, Donna.

I am afraid I was not a part of the troop with intention to stay originally, so I am afraid I do not know what anyone has planned. What about you all? Anything exciting planned for later?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Quote BeginFuck, yeah...Quote End I laughed, remembering Madison being there when Donna and I had first met and feeling relieved that she had been joking.

I'd just started to feel panicky over the lost cookies when Helios said he didn't have them, but as quickly as it came on, the feeling went. Quote Begin Shit.. those deers are probably eating them already - but it doesn't matter - I have more in my bag.Quote End And as strange as it was, even the thought of the weird elk eating my cookies didn't bother me. I watched Helios, not having missed the way he'd been looking at the blonde. I cocked my head to one side, eyebrows shooting up as it hit me. Maybe she was Helios' type?

I had my own beer, but I wasn't going to turn down more of it, especially not for free. I took the bottle. Quote Begin Uh, yeah, a beer would be great.Quote End I smiled at the girl, even though I wasn't too happy about her being there and taking Helios' attention. He was a priest.. or at least, he had to act like one sometimes. And anyway, he was meant to be spending the night with me to protect me against stuff. If he suddenly decided he found some woman hot then it would mean I was left on my own. I shuffled a step closer towards him, shooting the blonde a suspicious glance before turning back to Donna, and Jesse... At least things didn't feel too awkward with him so far. He had said he wanted to stay friends, so I figured that must be it and we were over what had happened, ready to put it behind me, as difficult as that felt.

I smiled, relaxing further, before shooting Donna a quizzical look. Quote Begin why would we sing scout songs?:Q2 I asked, then shook my head. I reached down to pick up the stick Helios had been slicing at with his knife and held it out to show everyone. Quote Begin We got marshmallow sticks.Quote End I pointed out, and used it to scratch at my neck as I felt an itch seeing as my other hand was occupied with beer. Quote Begin And.. uh, I didn't really plan stuff. I don't know if Mary-Ann did either. But I guess I just figured we'd do... camping stuff? Sit in tents, or round the fire, and... eat camping food, fuck, I dunno - what do you do when you're camping?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun May 03, 2015 3:22 pm

I passed out the bottles and smiled widely. My gift seemed to have a pretty good effect on the members of group. The blue haired woman, the guy with the hardcore scars, and the other guy all seemed to relax and perk up after the happy injection, but it seemed to have the opposite affect on the formal looking dude. I watched fancypants's smile fade instead of grow when he should have been getting happier. I couldn't understand it. I'd never had a problem with my gift not working, and there was no way he could've noticed. I'd barely influenced them at all. Even most wolves didn't necessarily notice when I was making slight mood adjustments. It worked wonders for preventing bar fights.

I took a swig of my own drink and grinned at the woman's joke about singing songs, I doubt any of you want to hear me sing, but sitting around a good campfire is half the fun I nodded in approval at the guy's marshamallow stick. Not bad... I'm Arden, by the way. I figured I should get introductions out of the way first. It was nice to know the people you were camping with, even if you weren't going to become bestest friends. I already knew the guy with the tent next mine was named Alec and that the names of the people group with the giant tent. They were pretty funny and they brought some games ahead that I figured I'd take advantage of later. This your first time camping?

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics