setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping - Page 5

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Yes really. You were a victim of a cruel crime Lenny. Would you blame a woman for being beaten by her husband or a store owner for being robbed? The people in scenarios such as that are not stupid either, they are just at the mercy of horrible circumstance, just as you are. Once he could see it from that point of view, he would be better off, maybe not back to normal, but definitely better. He was not stupid, and I hated hearing him say that he was. But as much as I hated him saying it I understood why he would say it. It was easy to think back and wonder why you had not thought too deeply about his cold skin, or why you had not recognized his cruelty in the midst of his games. He now knew better and he could not fathom why he did not know better then. But the only reason he knew better now was because he had learned from the experience, there really was nothing he could have done at the time. Future and current knowledge does nothing to change the past.

I had seen this before. The deceit made it easy for people to feel sorry for their vampire attackers. I was just happy that Lenny did not still feel that way. Demons do not deserve pity, they are nothing but a shell of cruelty and have no remorse for their actions. They have no soul. His time would be better spent feeling sorry for a toilet plunger or a trash can. He is sick... The words slipped out of me with such ease it was hard for me to even feel the need to take them back. Maybe at this point I did not want to take them back? Would it be so horrible if Lenny knew the truth? Would it help him feel less alone in his pain? Even I was not terribly certain this was the same vampire, but all of the signs pointed to just that. With all of the evidence showing that his tormentor and mine were the same, maybe it would be stupid of me not to make that connection? I began to feel ill again. As much as I tried to convince myself that telling Lenny the truth could be a positive thing, I still felt that it was wrong. It was my job to help carry his burden, not to share the weight of mine.

As much as I hate to admit it, it is entirely possible that you were not the only one subject to his cruelty. There really is no way of knowing unless people come forward with the truth. There was a level of satisfaction that came with the idea of finally getting rid of him once and for all. If he had been tormenting others, which was entirely plausible, then not only would I be freeing Lenny, but others as well. I suppose that level of satisfaction came with every supernatural death however... My thoughts were put on hold at the feeling of Lenny's hand on my shoulder this time. I smiled at his confidence in me, not feeling more pressure to do right by him, but finding his words comforting. Trust is all I could ask from him, and in that moment I felt that I had it.

My laugh turned into a laugh, That is a good point. We will be fine. You can always count on me to come prepared as well. I opened my jacket to reveal the blades and other miscellaneous tools strapped inside. A flask of liquid silver, chains, among other things were neatly placed into hand sewn slots and pockets. Although... We should probably keep the contents in my jacket as our little secret. Others might not find it nearly as comforting as we do.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:15 pm

Quote Begin ...yeah.Quote End I admitted, even if the feeling didn't run totally through me, I could agree with Helios on the surface. I gave a small nod before frowning. Quote Begin I'm not.. weak though, I... fuck, I know he was strong, I just feel like I should've been able to do something.Quote End I ranted, venting my frustration. I shook my head and tried to shrug it off, not wanting all my deep, dark thoughts to ruin the night with Helios.

The more I thought about it, the more I had an uneasy certainty that he'd hurt other people. Quote Begin He hurt Lilith.Quote End I blurted out, remembering it. I glanced back to Helios, craning my neck to properly look at him while we spoke, Quote Begin But.. other people haven't come forward, right? Is.. I mean, there's no way we could find them somehow? Maybe they'd help catch him...?Quote End I trailed off, my initial hope diminishing as I really thought about it. How the fuck would you find out that sort of thing? If he'd done to others what he'd done to me, they wouldn't exactly want to talk about it. I frowned down at my hands, the small chance at helping Helios and catching him suddenly seeming like it had been a stupid idea. But all it took was that smile from Helios and my mood soared back up again. Fuck it, maybe I couldn't do anything, but Helios knew everything there was to about vampires. He didn't need my help to catch them - he could do it by himself easily, probably. Sometimes I wondered what the fuck I'd done right to get his help.

Helios' smile bought out the weirdest urge to suddenly hug him for all he'd done and I even went to the point of leaning closer to him, but I was pretty glad I hadn't totally bridged the distance a moment later when he revealed all the stuff inside his coat. I didn't want to get accidentally stabbed or shit. My eyes widened and lit up as I took in all the different things and I couldn't help reach out towards them. That explained the weird coat even more.

Quote Begin Ha, yeah... probably don't want to use these for marshmallows.Quote End I grinned, fingers brushing over a flask and reaching a delicately designed knife. Quote Begin It is comforting though. I never thought of actually carrying that stuff with me.Quote End I said while fingering the hilt of Helios' tool, watching the dagger glint before withdrawing my fingers and leaning back from over him. Quote Begin So... you haven't got any camping stuff, right? I totally don't mind sharing, and I'm sure Mary-Ann bought enough shit for... the whole of fucking Index, seriously, I don't know how the fuck she carried it all.Quote End I grinned, then laughed at the thought, and how when I'd first seen her bag I'd been so determined she wouldn't be able to carry it, except... she obviously had done.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:09 pm

He was doing something now, maybe not directly, but he was doing something about it through me. He would come to see that late is better than never, that was not something I could teach him, it was a lesson he would learn all on his own. I nodded, I did not know Lilith, but I had reason to believe she had been deceitful. There was the possibility that, that was untrue, but whenever her name came up in conversation with Lenny I just got a feeling that something was not right with their relationship. I could not know for sure, as I had never met her, but she seemed to have at least some influence over Lenny. As horrible as it may sound, I just hoped that my influence was stronger than hers as I had done my best to be genuine and honest with Lenny from the start.

No... No one else has come forward. I will do my best to find out if there are any others however. That was far more complicated than I had made it seem. It would be easier if he stopped hiding from me, or if he was not so good at hiding his connections. The entire process was daunting to even think about. And while I had set out this morning with work intentions on my mind, just relaxing here was starting to feel far more appealing.

Yes I laughed, Definitely not. I made sure they were properly cleaned as often as I could, but just knowing that liquid silver was something that met the blades quite often before a hunt, and vampire blood had met them after, made me wary to even use them to cut food. Let alone roast marshmallows. It is my security blanket, and you should. The cans of liquid silver I give you alone can easily pass as pepper spray if anyone happened to find them on you. I carried what I carried because it was necessary. You never knew if a day out could lead to a night. However he did not need to leave his house with much more than a silver chain and can of spray in order to protect himself, neither of which would cause anyone to feel terribly alarmed.

Not a single thing I am afraid, and I must say I am glad you are here, I appreciate your generosity. Although I must admit, if you were not here I probably would not have decided to stay at all. I admitted, finally to myself as well as him. The mention of Mary-Ann reminded me that she had offered us something to eat. Speaking of Mary-Ann... Should find our marshmallow sticks and get back so we can have something to eat? We had come out with the intention of gathering wood as well, but considering the amount of time we had spent away most likely that job had already been completed.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:02 pm

Quote Begin Huh?Quote End I frowned at Helios, my gaze moving to his coat and looking over it. Quote Begin Uh, well.. I guess you could use it as a blanket? but you don't need to, I bet there'll be a spare sleeping bag or blanket or some kind of shit that someone has. I bought a few. But just one pillow. Maybe it could be.. a security pillow?Quote End I suggested, still slightly confused by the weird phrase - and the fact Helios thought he needed to use his coat as a blanket for security or something. Maybe it was just wanting it close? You couldn't get much closer than a blanket, but I doubted it'd be that warm and I'd already told him I'd share things. Quote Begin But yeah, seriously, I don't mind sharing camping stuff. And I got my other stuff... or, wait, Quote End I pulled the silver chain I had around my neck just above my sweater, proudly showing it off to Helios. I had another round my right wrist, covered up by my long sleeves, but I didn't bother rolling them up. Quote Begin I think it makes me look weird, I dunno.. wearing a necklace, but it's better than... yeah.  And I've.. got the silver spray in my bag with all my camping stuff too! I don't have a jacket like yours and it's not like it'll fit in my pocket or shit.Quote End I felt weirdly prepared, compared to my usual forgetting things, not even giving the possibility that I'd forgotten anything else a thought.

I jumped to my feet at the reminder of food, sticking out my hand to help Helios up. Quote Begin So.. what makes a good marshmallow stick?Quote End I'd never actually done that before either. Camping and all that sort of thing was something I'd talked about with some people, but never actually done. Quote Begin One with a.. um, that..Quote End I gestured with my hands, drawing a 'V' shape in the air with my fingers, Quote Begin sort of thing on the stick, and you wedge the marshmallow in it or something? Or do you use two sticks to hold it like.. those salad fork holder things?Quote End I asked, taking a few steps and picking up a decently thick stick with a fork separating into two branches up at the end. Quote Begin 'This okay?Quote End I held it up and looked back to Helios, ready for him to say yes so we could get back to Mary-Ann and the food already.

Back to top Go down

Donna Chambers

Donna Chambers |

Posted on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:06 am

OOC Message
Outfit

I wasn't regretting the trip, but I think I shouldn't have invited Jesse to tag along. Whether it was Lenny or not, I didn't give two shits, and I wished to god Jesse could stop giving a shit and would have listened to our raft guide. It shouldn't have embarrassed me, but it totally had that Jesse was the only one that wasn't in sync with the rest of us, at least not until I lied to him and told him that one person being out of sync was a sure fire way to get our raft flipped. Fuck, I didn't know, this was my first time. I'd at least been able to lose his bitching when the rapids got rough and loud, and I think even Jesse had even finally gotten lost in the excitement.

Now, I didn't care what kind of tea-totalers there were, I'd found the camp spot earlier in the day, and I'd already placed a locked cooler, with a few beers but also a few bottles of Mountain Dew. I mean, shit, girl needs her caffeine. That wasn't the only thing I'd left, either. Maybe some of these kids could handle living on just what they had in their backpack, but no dude, I needed a few things. It wasn't like I had a whole bag of makeup and a hair dryer and shit like that. I wasn't even wearing makeup and I'd let my hair hair dry and it blew around in the wind with frizzy waves. No, but I had some comfy ass blankets, pillows, and my god it might get stolen but I had a portable blue-ray DVD player too. I knew I wouldn't have cell service or internet, but I could still be entertained, right?

"So what do I do if I run into him? I'm not really ready to talk to him."
Then don't fucking talk to him. It might not even be him, yo, you saw the dude from a distance. We were late, remember, we didn't get a good look at everyone. Chill, get yourself a beer or something. Please. We'd already set up the tent, and Jesse wanted it out a ways from people, but fuck that. I needed to meet people. That was the whole reason we were here, right? The Blue Ray was honestly a just in case they were all boring shits. Jesse thankfully obeyed, and I realized the sun was going down a bit. These were new sunnies, and I did kind of want to get a cute shot with them, so I pulled my phone from my jacket pocket and took a quick selfie, then shoved the glasses to the top of my head, pulling some of the hair out of my face.

"Are you really taking selfies? I thought this was about getting away from all that?"
Fuck off, lighten up, Jesse. Had this been ten years ago it'd be the same thing just with a disposable camera. Documentation. You'll be glad you have pics. C'mere, lets get one with both of us.

He leaned in, and I had to admit, dude had a really cute smile. He could really make himself look happy even when he wasn't. I tried my best for that Natalie Dormer smirk and took the shot. God, nowhere close, but it would do.

"So uh, cutie at your 3. Blonde, plaid shirt, green pants." I took a look, and yeah, damn, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. So far this town had been as straight as a fucking ruler.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics