setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping - Page 4

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:30 pm

I wasn't sure if impressive was the right word to call the largeness of the deer things - I thought dangerous was a better suited word. It just made me feel relieved we'd had the trees separating us, and that they were no longer in the vicinity. With the way they reacted when I'd spooked them, hopefully if I did come across any more they'd run away from me rather than at me, but you could never tell with animals.

A frown settled on my lips as I listened to Helios, trying to make sense of what he said. I felt relieved when he'd finished and it actually made sense to me. With a nod, I glanced down to my lap, and then shifted, moving over next to Helios and leaning against the tree too. I'd figured out in my sessions with Dan that it wasn't so bad talking to someone side by side - less like an interrogation than facing someone head on. Quote Begin I don't mind talking about it now?Quote End I suggested, eyes darting up to Helios to gauge his reaction. Talking about the earlier stuff wasn't so bad - it still was bad, and painful, but nothing next to that night in my trailer. I had good days and bad days but sometimes even just thinking of a trailer, nothing more, was enough to make me feel sick to my stomach.

I settled myself against the tree and sighed slightly, but the openness and lightness of the wood around us helped keep any nervous feelings at bay, not to mention the fact I trusted Helios. His reaction at the dinner party had somehow ended up being better than Avery's - when he was the fucking priest. It felt stupid doubting him because even if it had been his oversight, it wasn't like he'd got the wrong idea on purpose, or we'd actually talked about what happened that thoroughly. When I'd first met Helios I really hadn't been up to that.

My gaze roamed over the woodland in the distance, not focusing on one thing in particular but tracing the outlines and shapes of the trees and foliage, and as I let myself relax with deep breathing, I began.

Quote Begin You.. know I met him at the cemetery first, right? That's where he first... bit me?Quote End I glanced to Helios, checking he was listening, and then moved my gaze back away to continue, Quote Begin In the hospital after that, when I woke up... I couldn't remember what happened, and none of the doctors or shitty nurses could work it out. But then he turned up... I didn't remember him either.Quote End I paused, letting myself think how to explain it. My muscles had all tensed almost automatically, just letting myself think of him, and I had to take a second to try and relax again. Quote Begin He told me he knew me. He knew my name, some stuff about me, and... Quote End I broke off, sneering and letting out a snort of ridicule, Quote Begin You know, at first something just felt wrong, and I didn't even believe him?Quote End I laughed bitterly with a shake of my head. If I hadn't been so stupid back then, would any of it even happened? That still hurt, thinking that if I'd just done one thing differently then maybe I'd have been okay. Quote Begin But then.. I don't know what happened, but I was so pissed at being in hospital again and somehow, the more he kept talking... it seemed to make sense. I believed him. I was.. I guess I was confused at the time, it was so much to take in, thinking that I had this friend who I couldn't remember anything about, but who had answers about what happened to me - he said he thought I'd been slipped drugs and had found me hurt and bought to the hospital - and that's what the hospital said, too - that it was him who'd taken me there. It fit and I dunno, he just... he seemed so smart, I couldn't even imagine someone like him wanting to spend time with me or why anyone would make any of it up, so I arranged to meet up after I was out of hospital to try and remember him more. And then before he left, he... he kissed me.Quote End I said, quieter, lowering my gaze and picking at one of my thumbnails before leaning my head back on the tree and frowning at Helios. I let my gaze drift up again, my frown deepening in concentration as I told myself I can do this.

Quote Begin We met at the park, and.. I guess it was kind of a date. He had a violin and he played it for me. We... kissed.[/b]Quote End I looked down again, still ashamed every time I thought back to how I'd wanted that - how I'd wanted him. I'd never even been on a real date before then, not that you could call that twisted shit a real date. Quote Begin And he invited me to the stupid fucking winter ball - and again, I didn't even want to go to that, but it felt mean not to. It felt fucking mean not to! - like I was letting him down, I just...Quote End My words came faster until I stopped, shaking my head in anger and incredulity. I let out a held in breath, slowly, and took a few deep breaths. Quote Begin We met before for him to give me a suit. Then at the ball, we, I... we went upstairs, into a bedroom. Things got...Quote End I shrugged, glancing awkwardly to Helios and then back away, starting to pick at my fingernails, Quote Begin Then suddenly he just changed. He had this look in his eye, and the way he spoke.. and I remembered when I'd met him in the cemetery, I finally remembered everything. He bit me again. He forced some pill down my throat - he did that the first time in the cemetery, too. Then he dragged me out of the room. He threw me over a balcony into the ballroom below. And then when I couldn't even move or say anything, he came downstairs and made people believe he was my boyfriend, that I'd taken something after we'd had an argument and.. like I'd jumped on purpose.Quote End My mouth felt dry as I thought back over it, and I twisted my hands round each other, tracing surgical scars, Quote Begin I can't remember much after falling... just he held my hand until an ambulance came like he was comforting me when I didn't want him to, so hard it broke bones.Quote End

I realized I was outlining the scar and stopped, putting my hands in my lap and looking towards Helios, fighting against the lump in my throat. Quote Begin That was how it all started. The next time I woke up in hospital, I could still remember. And that was when Lilith told me she was a vampire hunter too. I didn't see him again for a while after that - I went to stay with my brother in New York, until my injuries healed, y'know, it was kind of hard to do stuff myself, with my arm, and my hand and everything... Quote End I tried to smile, an attempt at lightening the conversation that had started to feel like it was draining me, rather than uplifting me lik

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 pm

I nodded in response, and if anything, I felt the setting was near perfect for this type of discussion. Dark thoughts had a tendency to come with darkness. The smell of the woods, the bright sunny day, and the comfortable temperature was in a sense padding. It was as good as it could get for this kind of conversation. Yes I acknowledged, remembering what Lenny had told me on that day in Metrofanes' office. However the words seemed to come out of him with more ease this time, as much ease as was possible considering the nature of the topic. He seemed to speak more clearly and freely than the first time we had, had this discussion. Maybe time was a large factor in that, the time we had spent talking, the time I had spent earning his trust and comfort. I could follow what he was saying much easier this time, and I was beginning to feel more comfortable in my understanding of what he was explaining to me.

I did not interrupt him in fear that it would break his thought process, I just absorbed the information like a sponge. And when he smiled at me, I smiled back, placed my hand gently on his shoulder as a friendly and consoling gesture, and used the opportunity to speak. So for a time... You believed the relationship to be romantic, or leading somewhere romantic? I asked, a spark of fear flaring in the back of my mind, fear that he would agree. Vampires were capable of intimate relationships, while I did not believe them to be authentic, my job required me to be open to any possibility. There was much more that went into this kind of vampire situation if it was indeed a romantic bond. All it took was mixing torment in with it, and that is when the bond this vampire felt for Lenny hit what I would call a class five. It was dangerous. There are no wrong answers. I added, hoping that he would understand that there was absolutely nothing wrong if that is what he believed at one point. They made humans believe what they wanted them to believe, it was easy to get lost in the manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:12 am

Even after years, and though I'd felt comfortable when I'd begun to talk about him, even though I wasn't finished I could feel my mind slowly getting sucked into that familiar dark place. A touch at my shoulder snapped me back to the present and at Helios' comforting smile I was able to send one that was actually genuine back.

It didn't last long, fading as soon as he spoke. I looked away, quickly, and starting fiddling with the ends of my sweater sleeves. My skin felt flushed and awkwardly uncomfortable. Only when Helios said more did I look back up to him, worrying at my lip with my teeth until I gave a fast nod. Quote Begin Yeah, I did.Quote End I said, already feeling ashamed. Helios might have said there were no wrong answers, but the fact I had liked a vampire was definitely so wrong, all the things Lilith had said when she'd found out popping back into my head. Quote Begin But... I didn't know what he was then, okay?! I couldn't remember!Quote End I stressed, knowing how sick it must have seemed. Being a bedroom at the ball with him.... it wasn't hard to guess why. Quote Begin And.. I know, I should have known, I should have been able to tell from his cold skin or just.. I just should have known... but it was like he was two different people, at one point I thought he was... how he'd act, it was so different, he seemed so... nice...Quote End I shook my head, fists now clenched and arms folded, and let out a short breath. Quote Begin I was so stupid.Quote End I sneered, and sniffed, trying to force myself not to get upset. But I had been so stupid. If I'd just realised, if I had actually thought.. then I'd never have invited him in that night and it never would have happened.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Of course not, how could you? What he actually was, was something people did not exactly think was real. How could Lenny have known? Spending decades, even centuries learning how to become master manipulators gave them a stiff advantage. It was easy to train your mind to become that way when a lot of the time, your own mind was your only company, and when it wasn't you were trying to find ways to lure people away to slaughter them like cattle. Their skill at manipulation was not easily matched, but that was why I did not try to match it, I had other methods...

You were not stupid Lenny. I tried to reassure him, knowing that it really did not matter how I spoke the words, or even if someone else had spoken them. They still probably gave very little comfort considering what he had been through. I had said it before, time was the only way to fully mend the type of wounds he had. There was much more I could say, but so much of what I had to say had the potential of receiving negative reactions. I struggled between what I felt I should tell him, and what I felt I could not handle telling him. The last thing I wanted to do was make him feel even more fearful at night.

What matters now is that I know the truth. All information and detail is good information and detail, even if the nature of that information is painful. It just puts me one step closer to resolving the issue so that you can fully move on with your life. My mind began moving faster than my words, and I felt a tense knot in my throat. My stomach was turning, I was physically sick at the idea of what he had done to Lenny, and at the idea that he could be out there doing it to someone else. Judgement and retribution will find him. He would pay for the trauma he had inflicted on Lenny, blood for blood. The only disappointment I could feel was that he would not pay with his life twice, for the two lives he had now taken from people I knew. The longer he spent in hiding and out of reach, the harder justice would prevail.

The truth is Lenny, I was not out for a walk when I noticed your group moving in from the river. I admitted, hoping some reassurance would lift the dark cloud from around us. I was tracking him. Do not worry however, he is not near. I just wanted you to know that I am entirely dedicated to finding him and ending this.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Quote Begin I dunno...Quote End I didn't really know why I felt I should have known, just that I should. I picked at my nails, biting the remains of them where I could, and turned to frown at Helios. Quote Begin Really?Quote End I asked, a mixture of hope and skepticism as I searched Helios' eyes. It felt so unusual to have people say that to me, even if it had only been Dan in therapy - and he didn't even know the whole story - and now Helios, after being told otherwise before that. Neither meant I just readily believed it and was no longer going to blame myself, but it did stir a feeling inside of me and make me think.

What kept striking me, was that whenever I told people before, even just snippets of the truth, it never felt like they could understand me. Maybe even with Helios, he didn't understand me... but the situation, and now he had more accurate information about it the reassurance just felt stronger to me. He had no idea how right he was. Getting rid of him was the only way I felt I could move on. Whenever I'd been about to before, slowly feeling better and starting to make improvements, he'd just suddenly appear again and everything would come flooding back and I'd be rendered a shaking, useless mess for days. Even just the letters had been enough proof of that.

Quote Begin Ohh. I kind of wondered why you were dressed so weird.Quote End I said, trying to get my head round Helios' tracking a vampire. And not just any vampire, but him. It was a chilling thought. I paused, thinking. Quote Begin You know... at first, I mean.. I sort of used to feel sorry for him, maybe that he didn't want to be a vampire or something?Quote End I said, quietly, but slowly feeling stronger and lighter again. Quote Begin But... now, I just think that he'd be a psycho whether he was a vampire or human. That he was just sick anyway. Just the way he looked at me....Quote End I broke off, too easily remembering the image of that vicious, demeaning look in his eyes. I glanced back up to Helios' instead, the contrast in colour and expression within them stabilizing me. Quote Begin I mean, do you... you think that he's done it to other people too?Quote End I asked, looking up to Helios. Quote Begin There were gaps between when he'd show up and I just... maybe he was out doing the same things to other people.Quote End I said, and although it sent a chill down my spine, I couldn't help feeling determined. It was tough, sometimes, talking about what had happened to me - but if it got Helios one step closer to killing him and stopping him doing things to anything else, or even coming back after me, then it was all worth it.

This time it was me who put my hand on Helios' shoulder. Quote Begin I think if anyone can find him, you can.Quote End I said, conviction in what I said. It was true, and although at times frustrating because I just wanted him found already, I'd slowly come to be able to admit that it was no easy task. I knew myself how twisted the vampire was and that wasn't going to make it easy, especially not if Helios had others and even other supernatural things to deal with too. And the God stuff as well of course. One side of my mouth stretched up in an amused, but optimistic, half-smile. Quote Begin But even if he was around, we'll be fine tonight anyway, right? With the massive bonfire? Because they don't like fire?Quote End I asked. It had been the biggest factor into letting myself be pushed into the camping trip by Mary-Ann, that fail-safe, and what buoyed my feeling up after the emotional talk with Helios. The fact we'd be able to have some good, safe fun and just relax for once.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics