setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping - Page 3

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:56 am

Quote Begin Yeah...Quote End I trailed off, my mouth dragging to the side in a frown. Whether work was going well for Avery or not, things definitely seemed different somehow, and I knew it was since the dinner party. It had changed things and I didn't know what to do about it, especially when so many times I'd call and just get put through to her voicemail. The silence left me feeling very alone, the house feeling larger and somehow unsafe when it was only me in it. At night no matter how many lights I turned on, the darkness seemed to creep in.

The contrast of the large, open wood was something of a relief, and I shook the thoughts of the last few depressing weeks out of my mine when the tent suddenly snapped into place. I stared at it, open-mouthed. Quote Begin Well, fuck.Quote End I turned to grin at Helios, looking between him and the tent. Quote Begin Shit, it is big enough. How the fuck did this even come out of that tiny bag?Quote End I took the bag the material had been encased in, shaking my head at it, and crouched down to unzip the front of the tent and pop my head in to take a look. It was surprisingly spacious, and even though it was just a boring old tent really, I stayed on my hands and knees a few seconds just to appreciate the fact that I'd put it together. Maybe this camping shit wasn't too bad after all. We'd sorted the tent already and now we could just kick back and relax with the cookies.

I squirmed myself round so I was sitting down, my ass just inside the tent and my legs not so I could look out at Mary-Ann and Helios. I batted the door cover part out of the way, eventually giving up and holding it away from my face. I paused, let go and frowned up at Helios as his words sunk in. Quote Begin What? What real work.. we're not done?Quote End I asked, wondering what the fuck else we even had to do. Quote Begin Yes!Quote End I said immediately to Mary-Ann's question, eliciting a short laugh from her that I rolled my eyes at. Who the fuck would turn down food? She walked away, hopefully to do something with some food, shaking her head.

My earlier question was answered with Helios', and I stared around at the trees surrounding us, and then the space the guide had left for the bonfire, realisation sinking in. I'd just assumed that the guide would sort the fire and shit out. I still nodded, figuring a bit of work wouldn't be too bad if there was the promise of food after. I extricated myself from the tent and the annoying flappy door, slowly standing up. Quote Begin Uh, yeah - sure.Quote End I said, smiling, and grabbed my bag, practically chucking it into the tent. With a second thought I dived after it, grabbing the pack of cookies out of it before emerging from the tent and standing, ready. I wasn't really sure what I was ready for but I guessed just collecting some twigs or shit like that. I held the pack of cookies back out to Helios after taking one myself. Quote Begin So, uh.. this way?Quote End I jutted my chin over my shoulder, looking towards a path that sloped away from the clearing we'd settled in. In the light of day the forest looked so open and inviting, warm sun shining down, that what it would be like at night just didn't enter my mind.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:37 pm

OOC Message
Attire

Do you ever just get increasingly fed up with everything in your life until you feel like you might explode? If you said yes, keep reading, otherwise... well, you can probably still relate, can't you? Index was, well... Index was Index. The pack was better than it had been in Wyoming, but I'd been almost religiously avoiding the den. The only time I was interacting with any of my packmates was at One Shot, and I couldn't walk in the doors of the bar without feeling like Ozra and/or Vaesa were watching me. Home was more of the same, except it was Landon and he was watching me even more closely (if that was possible). At least Ozra and Vaesa had some idea why I was acting the way I was, but Landon was completely in the dark about everything wolf-related. When he asked, I played it off as just some annoying customers at the bar -- and it wasn't a total lie either.

I was missing my friends in Wyoming, the ones I had before I was turned. I'd lost most of them -- it's hard to maintain friendships when you've been transformed into a wolf and have no idea what the hell is going on, let alone what to tell your friends. They were the ones I had camped with, and I was itching to go, even if it wasn't with them. That meant that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go rafting and hiking with a group when the opportunity arose.

It was a gorgeous day, spring had broken and you could just smell it in the air. The rafting trip down the river had been a good one, the sun was shining down and I could practically feel my body making the vitamin D. I'd spent a majority of the ride chatting up a guy I'd been sharing a raft with (who was not bad on the eyes) and when we reached the clearing where we were camping I had my tent up in no time.

The next task was getting a fire going - I had plenty of experience in the area so I went about gathering the right materials. I got a nice selection and carried it to where our leader had declared the location of the fire. I got a nod of approval from the leader when I started arranging the wood and working to get the fire started.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:44 pm

His one worded answer had me a little worried. It was not like Lenny to speak such simple replies unless something else was on his mind. But now was neither the time or place to inquire. So, I tucked it away into the back of my mind fully intent to bring it up when the time was right. That is a mystery Lenny. I laughed, feeling exactly the same as he did. It amazed me as time went on how mankind seemed to find a way to fit bigger and bigger things into smaller and smaller packages.

I cocked a brow, watching Lenny explore the tent, suddenly feeling the urge to see the inside for myself. I moved the fabric away and peeked inside. There wasn't a large window at the top for seeing the stars but it was big enough. The entire thing was rather roomy, then again the only tents I had to compare to it were the kind that I had owned in the past. Backpacking tents had a tendency to run small, with good reason. Work, yes, but it is the best part if you ask me. Finding the perfect marshmallow stick. Metal skewers were fine, but they were nothing compared to what mother nature could provide.

I took a step back and took a good look at the scene before me. The fire pit had already been dug out, people had already begun setting up their chairs around it, and I some were already cooking themselves something to eat over their own personal stoves. I did wish I had come more prepared, but I had no idea this was even happening otherwise I would have. The sound of Lenny's back and the sight of his body diving in after it had my attention, and my body stumbling back to get out of his way. I smirked when I saw what he had so eagerly retrieve and nodded, just as eagerly retrieving another one as he offered it to me. I started heading in the direction of the woods, but paused to run back and zip up his tent to avoid any creepy crawlies from making their way inside, then started following his lead.

There's actually a meadow this way, I turned my body and looked back to make sure he was following. It is just another small clearing, but if we are lucky, and quiet, we might see some deer grazing. I had seen them in the specific location many times. The trees got a little thicker, but you could see the light of the sun where the clearing was just up ahead, and it looked like we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse. I stepped lightly and knelt down a safe distance away in between two trees, Roosevelt elk, we were luckier than I had anticipated. I whispered.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Marshmallow sticks? I'd completely forgotten about anything like that and suddenly felt a lot more motivated to collect up some wood. I followed after Helios, but my eyes trailed along the ground, searching out a stick I could imagine marshmallows on. I was so absorbed in my task, following the sound of Helios' footsteps and his shape in my peripheral vision, that I almost tripped over him when he knelt down. I let out a breath of surprise and then froze when I noticed the deer things before us in the clearing, the things Helios had obviously knelt down for.

They froze too, and looked up, and I tried to stay as still as I could so I wouldn't ruin the moment for Helios. Eventually the deer things went back to sticking their noses in the grass and I slowly joined Helios in a crouch, leaning on his back for support as I went down. Quote Begin I didn't know they were so big.Quote End I whispered back, so focused on being quiet it was barely above a low hiss. Besides that, I felt a little wary of the animals in case they started stampeding with others or some crazy shit like that or got all angry and tried to find us and bite us, but I had to admit the sticks on top of their heads were pretty cool. Even if the rest of them were a little boring. I stayed watching them, and then pretended to, my focus slipping and thoughts wandering. I picked up a small stick and started digging it into the soft dirt near our feet, etching lines across it and enjoying the motion as I frowned in thought.

Soon enough the elk deer things moved on, walking away from the clearing and out of sight. I glanced up to Helios, feeling strangely subdued in the peaceful quiet of the woods - or maybe it was just what I was thinking about that had that effect.

Quote Begin Helios..?Quote End I started, still speaking softly even though it didn't matter anymore, Quote Begin At the dinner party, the one that kind of sucked, um... when you thought I was straight, uh.. but, it's just... didn't you remember what I told you?Quote End I asked, finally able to voice the questions I'd been too nervous to ask over the phone in the weeks since, my voice strained when I added on, Quote Begin About him?Quote End At first I'd not even thought about it, but then on an odd bad day it had suddenly occurred to me why it was so strange Helios thought I was straight when I'd at least heavily implied I wasn't to his face. Had he forgotten what I'd told him about the vampire, about what he'd done? It had sent a ripple of paranoia though me that all this time Helios had been searching for him, he'd forgotten what I'd told him and hadn't been looking with all the information - or even the right information, and what was the hope of finally catching and killing him and finally making things better then?!

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:07 pm

I found the sight of deer relaxing. The way your body could tune out everything just to focus on staying still and quiet enough to watch them was nearly as effective as a massage when it came to bringing you peace and comfort. I had seen many wander from the woods while I enjoyed my early morning tea or coffee, and I always seemed to have a nice day after. My focus was broken at the feeling of Lenny at my back. Oh they get impressively large. I replied quietly, my eyes still intently watching them as they perked up and went right back to their business. They are truly gentle giants... As long as you kept your distance. Every living creature deserved it's own personal space, and had every right to defend it against intruders.

Eventually they moved on, causing my focus to switch from them, to Lenny, and just like the deer he had the same effect. The world around me disappeared as I stayed focused on his body language and what he was saying. I carefully turned around, sitting now with my back against one of the trees that separated us from the warm light in the meadow ahead. I... I paused, trying to think of a good way to explain this. I just did not make the connection between him and that Lenny. I have not forgotten what you have told me but I just did not see a connection. I was blinded by my own assumptions and ideas. I admitted, unwillingly confessing my own mistakes. I do think we should talk when you are ready however. I will need you to clearly and openly explain to me the nature of your relationship with him in the past. Now that I know the truth about you, I can see it from a different perspective... The right perspective... There was a chance this would change everything, and change was neither good or bad specifically, because change had the potential to be both.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics