setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evie | Out of Character Account; Administrator

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:42 pm

This thread is officially closed. Those still participating are free to continue until you come to a natural end if you desire, however no more new characters are allowed to join this thread. Congratulations to those that participated, you've earned yourselves some spiffy new badges!

The setting of this event starts at the river on a pleasantly warm and clear day. The forecast has called for warmth today, and the day after, and a clear skies at night. The event will last for a full day and night, and part of the following morning. If your characters have decided to join in on the fun, then they would have met at the river and been taken down it on guide operated rafts. The scenery was beautiful, and the ride was calm. Once they reached their destination, they would have been lead on a small hike with their backpacking packs strapped to them to the location of the camp, deep in the forest. Here everyone participating in this event will either set up their own tents or, if they did not bring one, they can roll out their sleeping bags in one of the several large community tents provided by the rafting company. From there on out, the large fire will be lit, and your characters can do what people do when they go camping! Sing and play music around the fire, roast marshmallows and hot dogs, enjoy the beautiful view of the stars that seem even more abundant and bright due to the lack of city light, and hopefully avoid wiping their bums with poison ivy! Have fun in the wild and don't forget your mosquito repellent!

RULES:

+ Please do not spam post, this means do not post consecutively one right after the other of the same character. Every post should be separated by a different character.

+ Please make sure your posts contribute. If you are making your entrance posts or out posts, you are fine, however if you've already made your entrance post, please make sure you contribute to the thread in one way or another.

+ Wait for replies. Yes this event has no posting order, however if your character is interacting with someone, please wait for that someone to reply before posting your character again.

+ Try to avoid writing novels. Entrance posts can be long, and out posts can be long, however everything in between should be on the smaller side. I understand it can be hard to keep it small when a lot is happening and your character has a lot to react to, and that is completely understandable and fine, but if you can, try to keep your posts on the smaller side so it's easier for everyone to follow.

+ Read. Because there is no posting order, make sure you read everything posted in the thread, as everything may be deserving of a reaction depending...

+ Venture off into your own thread with caution. Big group threads can be hectic, but they can also be a lot of fun, especially when there is no posting order. So if you desire to venture off into your own separate thread, do know that people may be enjoying themselves in the group thread and you may end up disappointed if no one joins yours.

+ Separate private threads are allowed if they involve important plot material, otherwise they are not encouraged as events are meant to open you up to new role players, and open your characters up to new characters and connections. If you're currently uninterested in creating ties for yourself or your characters then it is suggested you avoid this event.

+ Most importantly, have fun!

Back to top Go down

Re: [EVENT] Calm River Rafting & Camping

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:53 pm

OOC Message
Attire

Tracking during the daytime was not nearly as easy as night. Many things factored into making it more difficult, but currently it was the large animal prints crossing over my trail that had me unsure of the path he had taken. They could have been wolf, but I was not here to track a wolf, I was here to track him. I had been standing in the same spot for nearly ten minutes, caught in a small opening in the trees with the sun beaming down on me with no breeze to counteract the heat. I was afraid to move, not knowing his path meant he could have gone anywhere from where I was currently standing. Stepping on tracks or signs was a very quick way of eliminating any chances I had. I was hoping to discover a hideout, but at this point I did not have much hope.

I used the back of my hand to wipe the beads of sweat that had collected over my brow and removed my jacket before draping it over my arm. I began to hear voices, voices that seemed to get louder as if they were moving in my direction. People came into view shortly after and it appeared they were heading for the small clearing that I was currently standing in. I quickly folded my jacket over, hiding the daggers and other miscellaneous items strapped to the inside of it and my expression instinctively lit up at a familiar voice. ''Father Tallon? Fancy meeting you here, I didn't know you signed up for the camp.'' The long haired man speaking to me was one I had met on many occasions, his voice got louder as he neared me and he dropped his pack right near my feet, destroying any chances I had at furthering my quest. Camp? I asked, but quickly caught myself, Oh right, I would not have missed it for the world. I pretended to go along with it. He rested his hands on his hiking stick and turned around to address the rather large crowd behind him. ''My pack is where the fire will be people! Set up camp at least twenty feet away from it, and then we'll get to assigning jobs for gathering firewood and have some lunch!'' He turned back to me to speak just as my eye had spotted Lenny of all people moving in, I am sorry, will you excuse me for a moment? I walked away before waiting for his answer.

Without a word I moved myself beside Lenny and walked alongside him, So... Camping?

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:52 pm

OOC Message

With hideous, bright green coat draped over shoulders. Jean legs and sweater sleeves are damp, shoes have zips at the side.

I trudged along with a stupid backpack on my back, and an even more stupid, too-big and lime green jacket belonging to Mary-Ann slung over my shoulders. My jeans were still damp from where I'd tripped over the raft when I'd actually stepping onto dry fucking land. The water wasn't deep, but it was enough to make me cold as fuck. Mary-Ann had insisted I wear her stupid bright green fuzzy jacket in case I 'caught a chill', and while I didn't mind arguing with her, I wasn't going to argue with her threat of withholding the smores later if I didn't. I stomped along, glaring at the ground as I thought of it. The whole camping trip had all been her stupid idea too.

Camping. Camping. I was sure I'd hate every minute of it right from the start of the day, and so far I'd definitely been right. I'd never choose to go camping, ever. It seemed like too much work, and that it'd be cold, and out in the middle of nowhere - all of which were right. And practically all the people on the trip were weird hippies who loved outside or something. I wanted to retreat back into Avery's house, into my room and into my bed where it was warm and comfy and totally not unhealthy like Mary-Ann or my therapist Dan claimed.

When one of the hippies stepped next to me when we'd finally stopped and I went to raise my glare a them, it fell off my face as soon as I realised who it actually was. Quote Begin Helios?! I didn't know you were coming to this!Quote End I actually grinned. My earlier negative mood slowly started lifting, but I still groaned at his question and glanced at everyone starting to walk away and begin unpacking. I sighed, loudly, and looked to see if Mary-Ann could hear - but she was too busy talking to some other old lady. Quote Begin Yeah... Mary-Ann talked me into it, said it'd be good for me, fresh air and shit..Quote End I said, my tone of voice indicating exactly what I thought about that. Quote Begin I've never done it before.Quote End I confessed, glancing to Helios. Quote Begin I mean, what's so great about sleeping in a tent?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:13 pm

I returned the smile, pleasantly surprised that he was even here. I had just dedicated myself to the entire event and I was glad to see someone I was more comfortable being around. It would make the entire unbearable situation bearable, fun even. I did not know I was either, it was a happy accident. I admitted, holding my jacket closer to myself now and taking a moment to look in the same direction that he was looking. I was about to ask him if he had come with anyone but then he answered that question for me before I could even voice it.

You've never camped? That's not so weird, some people just aren't wildlife people. I admitted, personally, I could go both ways. I am not sure it is the sleeping arrangements that people find relaxing. I would assume it is the smell of nature, campfire roasted dinners and deserts, the clear view of the stars that you just can not enjoy in towns or cities.

I am happy to see you here though, I have unfortunately been sucked into the festivities myself. I must admit I am glad I do not have to do it alone. I hoped I was not forcing myself into his time with Mary-Ann, but knowing Lenny, if he did not want me forced into his plans, he would probably tell me.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:17 am

Quote Begin Uhhh... I guess I just never had the chance?Quote End I said, not willing to divulge why. My parents had been the type for pricey, posh vacations - so camping wasn't exactly their thing. It was probably the most opposite from their 'thing' as possible, which somehow started to warm me to the idea of camping after all my preconceived hatred. Quote Begin Well, I can't see any fucking stars yet, can I?Quote End I smirked at Helios, glancing up to the dots of blue sky visible in between the mesh of branches. My stomach rumbled at the thought of other things he'd mentioned though, and I groaned. Quote Begin But that sounds so good. I'm fucking starving.. I swear we've been walking for hours without food or shit, and now we have to put up tents as well.Quote End I had snacks in my bag, but only underneath all the camping shit as I'd packed them first.

I frowned around at the woodland scene encircling us, looking from the people starting to put tents up to where the bonfire would be. Bonfire would mean food, and it looked like the sooner people go their shit sorted, the sooner we'd get to eat. My gaze returned to the trees. I'd been paranoid that they might be sinister, hiding things.. or people, but oddly enough they didn't have my imagined effect. Quote Begin Y'know.. I thought that being out here would be... creepy, I guess, but... I dunno, maybe it's kind of peaceful.Quote End With the natural quiet people's footsteps and movements stood out more, and I realized it meant it would be much harder for anyone to sneak up on you. I turned back to Helios, letting myself smile a little more. Quote Begin Maybe it won't be so bad?Quote End A crinkle of a frown appeared when I took in Helios' appearance, dressed in black as he often was, but that wasn't what was so unusual. Quote Begin Hey, where's your tent and shit?Quote End I asked, leaning round to stare at he absence of a bag on his back.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics