setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] She walks in beauty, like the night

[Open] She walks in beauty, like the night

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thread Details

Northbrook | Clear and pleasantly cool | 6:40 pm

OOC Message

She walks in beauty, like the night
       Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
   And all that's best of dark and bright
       Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
   Thus mellowed to that tender light
       Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
   One shade the more, one ray the less,
       Had half impaired the nameless grace
   Which waves in every raven tress,
       Or softly lightens o'er her face;
   Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
       How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
   And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
       So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
   The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
       But tell of days in goodness spent,
   A mind at peace with all below,
       A heart whose love is innocent!
Closing the small book, I set it aside on the table by my chair, pausing a moment before rising and walking to the large window that looks out upon the street from my study. The last dusky hues of twilight were quickly fading, chased by stars and darkness from the sky. I was sick of sitting here, so sick that even Lord Byron couldn't keep me in thrall with his verse. I needed to get out, to get some fresh air and just... just be in the night. Why had a chosen that particular volume anyway? The idea of such innocent love as that left an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Such bitterness was not becoming; I didn't like it in the least and fled from it, my steps purposeful as I went to the hall to get my coat and shoes.

Within moments the steady beat of my footsteps on the sidewalk carried me away from my home although the thoughts that I had intended to leave there seemed more persistent than that. Stupid poetry. Stupid empty house. Stupid William. Stupid, stupid, dear William. I grit my teeth, tears welling although I blinked them back. No need to cause a scene on the street, here. If I had to bleed, it would be through my choice; I bit my lip and felt a little better. It didn't matter. I was eternal; broken hearts don't last that long.

As a distraction from my thoughts I began to pay closer than usual attention to the scenery I was walking by: More row houses that eventually gave way to shops. Cars passing or parked along the side of the streets. Other pedestrians, out for a stroll on a cool but pleasant evening. It wasn't altogether too late yet; there was still plenty of activity. I stopped for a time outside of a spice shop and watched the people within. It was more like an old fashioned apothecary and from the door as an older man exited I caught whiffs of black cohosh and juniper and peppermint tinged with lavender and citron. Lovely. Somehow I doubted they would really want someone in there just to smell, but I made a note of the shop anyway. It could be useful.

Instead I lingered outside for a moment, the light from within illuminating my face pleasantly while I watched the comings and goings and general busyness of the shop. Maybe I could go inside once I had the ingredients list for my tea. I was running low...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] She walks in beauty, like the night

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:52 pm

OOC Message

My skin felt revitalized, it looked it too. Seeing the warmer tones appear in waves of color up and down my limbs after feeding made me realize just how ghostly pale I really was. I felt a wave of heat along with it, and I smiled, still finding it just as fascinating as the day I was turned. ''Payment Noelle.'' I heard his voice before I saw his hand extended out in front of him with palm up. ''You got yer fuckin' juice, now fork over the cash.'' I dramatically rolled my eyes and let my body slump away from him. Goodness Joshua, you know I love it when you're so demanding. I laughed as I threw my head back, feeling a little high from how much I had engorged myself on his wife's blood. ''Enough with the games fanger, pay up and get the fuck out!'' My head tilted down and brows curled inward. I looked up at him through my lashes and stuck out my lower lip as my body lightly twisted from side to side. So grumpy. I mocked and shook my head.

I cut the bullshit pretty quick, and crossed my arms for a moment before reaching out to slap his hand away, this time extending my own towards him with my palm up. First, I want the earrings. He immediately started to protest and I turned my eyes away from him in boredom, faking a yawn and patting at my lips as I did so. Blah blah blah Joshua, I think we both know you didn't buy those. I mean really- I interrupted myself with a laugh, You can't tell me you drive that piece of shit Volvo out there but can afford to spend thousands of dollars on earrings for your wife. How is the weed selling business these days anyway? I hear the cops in this town are awfully bored, finding you with all of that pot and stolen diamonds would be like giving the pigs some fresh mud to play in. I threatened as I examined my nails. I like you, and your wife Joshua, I really do. I want you to stay in business, all I ask is that you hand over the diamonds and I'll be out of your hair. He clenched his jaw and spoke through his teeth, ''You know I can't give you those, they aren't mine.'' Frankly, I didn't care what kind of criminal garbage he'd gotten himself mixed up in, I wanted the earrings, and he wanted me gone. There was only one logical solution here.

He groaned in frustration before rushing over to the little red box sitting on his counter. He practically threw the thing at me when he came back too, it was all terribly rude. ''Josh you can't!'' his wife cried in distress, ''Quiet Ana! We'll find a way around this.'' He quickly lifted up my dress and found my cash strapped to my inner thigh. Old habits die hard I guess. I threw my head back and smiled before moaning, giving his wife a good show before he violently shoved me out the door. ''Don't come back here. Our deal is done.'' He said sternly before slamming the door. My shoulders quivered, So assertive. I smiled and ran my tongue over my fangs before retracting them. My cruelty was far less than theirs, I knew all of the secrets that they thought they had buried six feet under in their backyard.

I opened the box and placed my hand over my heart with a sigh as they sparkled in his porch light. Maybe it wasn't nearly as poetic as it could have been, but it didn't matter to me. There was nothing more poetic or beautiful than the sight of something expensive. I gently pulled them from the box and tossed it into a nearby bush and began putting them into the holes in my ear lobes as I walked towards the street. I moved up the sidewalk a good distance and brushed my hair to one side as I spotted a figure ahead, one that didn't feel human.

I walked up to her, my eyes looking in the direction hers were, trying to see what was so fascinating, but all I saw was some business that I'd never really paid much attention to. When I reached her, I leaned around to put my face partially in her line of vision. My eyes lit up and entire expression probably looked like a child on Christmas morning. I've never seen your face before. I said with a smile and mild fascination. Oh my, are you somebody important? You feel like somebody important.

Back to top Go down

I was so lost in thought and trying to name the subtle scents that came from the shop that I didn't even notice that I was being approached. Much to my chagrin, I even gave a brief start. Embarrassing... and in front of one of my own, as well. I smiled warmly in an attempt to play it off. The one before me was new and fresh and glowing warmly, glutted from a recent feed and giddy in a way that seemed dangerously childlike. Handle with care.

I was so distracted, I'm sorry. Just a lot on my mind. I inclined my head, a polite little bow in response to her. Yes, I'm new in town. Just moved a few weeks ago and now... well.. I just wanted to get out, walk around town and become familiar with it. I watched the lovely young vampire before me, my friendly face betraying nothing of the wariness that I felt. She was the first I had met besides Gayle and at least there I felt there was a level of control. The expression on this one's face seemed a little overly capricious, but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Now, what was it that she said? How strange.

I'm no one important, not really, but my name is Lillium. I held out my hand, using the introduction as a means to take a closer look at the girl. She really was pretty, dressed to go out on the town, and something about her speech hinting at the old country. As charming as that was, the scent that hung about her, cloyingly sweet, was cheap and off-putting. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms...?"

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open] She walks in beauty, like the night

Noelle Faye Benson | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Distraction isn't a crime, and girl, I've so been there. I said as I straightened out my posture and ran my almond fingernails through my hair. I'd recently started feeling more welcome of my own kind. Well maybe not recently, but it still felt new to me. I was so angry at myself for a long time over dismissing other vampires. No wonder my early days were such a struggle, I was too busy trying to be human and unwilling to learn from other vampires. The knowledge they could have provided me would have made all of that so much less painful. Then again I always just assumed it was Gayle's plan, intentional or not. I learned a lot and grew a lot in that time, her absence wasn't irresponsibility, it was a lesson that I was now thankful that I could experience.

I crossed my arms, not in a standoffish way, but in a ''I need to pretend to be a little cold for the humans'' kind of way. Which ironically was something I learned while I was alone in my early stages. Once again, props to mama bear. Maybe she knew all along that I was the kind of person that needed to live through things to learn. Ah, I knew I hadn't seen you around before. Not saying I know everyone, but I tend to remember faces. - Where from though? If you don't mind me asking. Seattle? Or maybe somewhere really far away? I had to wonder if she'd checked out Poison yet too but I didn't want to be too nosey, not yet anyway. I flashed her a friendly grin, making sure to keep my focus on her, which was a hell of a lot easier since I'd recently fed.

Wow, gorgeous name Lillium. I said genuinely, making sure to repeat her name in hopes that it would stick. I always thought it was an injustice to give pretty girls ugly names, so it's great your name matches you perfectly. Really it was, I mean I'd met a girl in a dive once who was actually named Butch. Like how cruel could her parents be?! She wasn't drop dead gorgeous or anything, but she wasn't deserving of the name Butch either. I pressed my fingertips against my chest and introduced myself, Noelle, or Noe for short. I shook her hand. And I don't mean this in a bad way, but in a small town like this, you better believe new people are important. I laughed. It was very true though, in Index, new people were like the new kid in school. Mysterious and exotic.

I can show you around if you want? I can't seem to get a hold of my progeny anyway and I don't have any plans.

Back to top Go down

While she spoke, I studied her and felt glad that my carelessness was so easily brushed aside. In the circles in which I had previously run something like that would be akin to pouring a cup of blood into shark-infested waters. Despite the nonchalant reaction, I did believe that I would tread carefully although I did incline my head as a gesture of thanks for the understanding. For the moment, I chose not to answer the question about my previous residence.

I'm flattered, thank you. Your name suits you nicely as well, Noelle. I smiled, extending a hand in order to invite Noelle to lead on, picking up our conversation while we strolled. I do have to agree. Such an act of cruelty to lay upon a girl at her birth! Butch. I said with distaste. I once knew a girl called Myfawny, and another named Gert. Not Gertrude so that she might have had the option of being called Trudie, but simply Gert. It was like indigestion in a name.

The staccato click of Noelle's shoes was in stark contrast to my own nearly silent sneakered footfalls as we fell into step side by side on the sidewalk. Again the thought occurred that I may be in the presence of someone who may mean me harm, although I was certain that I would be more than able to defend myself. However, Noelle was being nothing if not companionable, even friendly. Perhaps I ought to just relax and enjoy myself. Goodness forbid I should make a friend to keep me from my doldrums; was someone new and unknown not better than my own familiar and bitter thoughts that had been my sole companions these weeks? I was ready for a change.

I suppose that I had forgotten what it was like to be a stranger in a small town. I moved here from upstate New York where I had been working when I wasn't globetrotting on business. Something about this woman's voice was so familiar, making me nearly certain that I had heard her subtle accent somewhere before but just could not place it. I let it go for now in preference for a more interesting topic. Did I hear you say your progeny? Were you going to Poison? I only ask because you are dressed so finely and can't imagine you get so polished simply to walk. I thought for a moment before speaking again, Unless of course, you were hunting.

The thought of food and Noelle's nourished glow brought about a pang of my own hunger. In my haste to leave my home, I had not gotten myself a snack for the road and now found myself tempted by the evening's passersby, their individual scents assailing my senses my myriad savory food carts in a bustling market: all deliciously tempting no matter which direction one might turn. I carefully took hold of my composure in order to keep it from slipping as we walked on.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics