setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] At Every Turn - Page 5

[Private] At Every Turn

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] At Every Turn

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:11 am

I couldn't help but feel relieved that Peyton's power wasn't as far-reaching as I'd assumed. With a slow nod, my whiskers and lips twitched in a sort of smile. It was disturbing, knowing someone could hear your thoughts, and even though I'd known Peyton before and had some sense of what she'd like, I didn't know whether it was a gift other wolves might have.

Other wolves... my mind flicked back to the comment Peyton had made earlier, the one I'd been too preoccupied with pain to realize its significance at the time.

It was all a lot to take in, after all. Even the answers Peytons gave only opened up more questions, but I held back from firing them all at her because I already felt overloaded from everything I'd been told so far. I let out a small sigh. Thank goodness this new... condition wouldn't negatively impact on my job too much. I wasn't sure how else to describe what I apparently now was. I was a wolf. A wolf. Even when I could see myself, and the paws that moved in front of me, and knowing the horrible agony I'd gone through as I changed, I was aware of what I seemed to be, but it still seemed so unbelievable to think about.

My tail curled around my toes as I thought about what else to ask - which question out of all the ones in my mind might be the most important. I cocked my head to the side and directed a thought at Peyton, Quote Begin You mentioned being part of a family.. are there other wolves too?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] At Every Turn

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Maybe I could've been doing a better job of all this. I mean, it wasn't like I was skilled when it came to breaking news to someone. Fuck, I couldn't even remember the last time I'd done anything like that. But at least I wasn't like, snapping or shit like that, had to be kind of a good sign right? There were just so many things that you could point out with this and it was hard to know where to start. And again, I didn't want to dump too much information on her at once. Yeah she was handling it all really fucking well but that could be some sorta shock thing, just waiting to blow the hell up. I didn't really think that was the case but what the hell did I know?

So yeah, letting her ask the questions was probably the best way to handle it. I wasn't trying to be lazy about it or anything and there was plenty of time for her to get to grips with it. "Yeah, there's a whole shitload of them. Come see for yourself." I gave it a second or so to sink in before turning and starting forward in the direction of the den. I just walked at first, but gradually started to get impatient with that and picked up speed. It would give Hana a chance to stretch her new legs anyway. When we were close enough I could sense we were within range of the wolf whose gift would allow us to change back but I kept to my wolf form. "You can change back now if you want. It's easier than it sounds, just trust your instincts."

It didn't take much longer for the den to be spread before us, the others hanging about and doing whatever the hell they normally. Some were still in wolf form too, others were human and some of those were bare-assed naked. My tail twitched thinking about how she'd handle that, seeing as she totally gave off the 'proper' vibe. I walked her close enough for them to start taking notice, some starting to approach. I backed off then, retreating to let her be welcomed to her new life.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics