setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] At Every Turn - Page 4

[Private] At Every Turn

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] At Every Turn

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:09 pm

It was unbelievably fascinating, getting to experience a first hand play-by-play of her reacting to her new form. As much as my first turn stood out in my memory the experience of what happened afterwards was fuzzy, indistinct. I knew that it had been really fucking weird, adjusting to a new body and new instincts but I didn't know whether that was because I remembered it or because it was just damn common sense. What I remembered more was the arrival of my gift. It had happened gradually, in bursts and snatches of their thoughts coming through. At first I'd thought I was just overhearing someone speaking but it had been so fucking loud. Then I'd started to notice I'd hear it and yet their lips weren't moving. It had gotten worse over time, more and more thoughts coming through to me like a constant chatter in my head. I'd get migraines all the time from it and didn't know what to do. I heard things I didn't what to hear more often than I heard anything useful. I'd hated it, unable to see the benefit. The only upside had been that my own thoughts didn't randomly burst through. Not that I'd considered it much of one at the time.

Gradually I'd started to gain control over it, started to teach myself to block it out. Every lesson I'd had about self control in my human life had come in useful when I figured out how to apply it to my gift. When I had enough control I'd started going back to training, hitching rides to Seattle and taking as many martial arts classes as I could. Not only did I end up starting to master my gift but in turn started having more control over myself and my thoughts, my reactions. Recently I'd learned the downside to that and let go of it, but at the time it felt like it'd saved me from losing my fucking mind.

When I noticed her thought becoming more focused I pulled away from all the retrospective inward shit, shaking my head to clear it. My tail thumped once against the ground when she recognized me as a way of confirming her instincts were right. I didn't want to push my thoughts towards her just yet, wanted to give her some more time to adjust. I looked over her wolf form, noticing just how small she was. Fuck, I felt like a damn giant in comparison. The frantic edge to her thoughts from earlier had faded and when she dropped her head to her paws I figured I'd given her enough time.

"It means... well, obviously it means that your life will be different now. You'll be faster, stronger and have heightened senses, even in human form." I gently pushed the thoughts towards her now, answering her unasked questions. "And the reason I can hear your thoughts, and why you can hear mine when I chose, is because it's my gift. I'm a telepath. I don't know what your gift will be yet but it will be your own." I lay down, dropping my head level with hers. "Wanna see yourself?" I asked, mentally grinning.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:20 am

I felt my ears twitch when Peyton's voice sounded in my mind again, flicking and circling around like little radars even though they had no effect on what I was hearing at all. The thought was so conflicted - hearing without ears - and it made my head hurt when I tried to fathom the concept of that, so I stopped. There'd be time to dwell on the less important things later.

She was a telepath. I made sense, and yet... telepath. The very fact that something so out of the ordinary and non-logical made sense should have disturbed me, but instead I was full of unlimited curiosity. Could she hear all of my thoughts? Could I only hear some of hers? What was this mentioned gift and who would it be from? As I thought, I let my eyes rest on Peyton, still drinking in her form. The way her large rib cage swelled with each breath, the sheer closeness and reality of this living, breathing wolf, this form of Peyton's - this was real. There couldn't be any doubt in my mind how real it was. I felt so small, not necessarily insignificant, but even more humbled on the start of this new journey into discovering what really lay out there in the world. It was breath-taking, how there was so much going on that I'd never, ever realized or even suspected. It made me wonder if perhaps the unexplained I'd encountered before would now suddenly make sense. It felt as if all my life I'd been following a map, only for someone to take it and show me that the piece I thought was whole was only the surface, unfolding the sides from underneath until it and revealing how much larger it indeed was.

See myself? I perked up, lifting my head up and cocking it at Peyton once more. Even while we'd been resting there, I'd slowly been aware of life warming back into my bones, a slow rekindle of energy from the moon's rays. After so many weeks of endless exhaustion with no apparent reason, contrast made me undoubtedly feel so finally alive. I flexed my paws, watching Peyton and wondering what she meant, but yes, I did want to see myself. I was nervous, my insides shaking, but it was entirely a nervous excitement. What would I look like? I didn't know how I could see, but I wanted to so badly, my paws twitching again in anticipation - but I didn't yet get up when I didn't know where or if we'd be moving. I didn't want to waste a second that could be spent basking in front of the immense lunar power before us.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:47 am

Her thoughts were just so... entertaining. The inquisitiveness to them was amusing and fuck it, I had to admit that I was actually finding this part kinda enjoyable. Or maybe anything would seem that way after watching someone going through their first change. That shit was something right out of a gore movie, just fucking worse because you knew there were no special effects involved. But... shit I'd be lying if I said I didn't think she was handling it damn well. It was strange to see how much her point of view differed from the one I'd had when I'd changed for the first time. But I didn't think that was a bad thing. Everyone handled things differently and the more I thought about it the more I became convinced that her reaction just suited her. She'd seemed so ridiculously damn nice as a human, it made a weird kinda sense to me that that might show itself in a different light as a wolf. Different but still similar.

I registered each of the questions she asked herself, deciding to answer them as if she'd been addressing them to me directly. If anything it seemed like it would save time. Not that there was any rush to get her back to the den or anything. "Yes I can hear all your thoughts, anything that crosses your mind when I'm using my gift, crosses mine too. The only thoughts you get from me are the ones I choose to send. When I'm human I have to.... fuck, kinda mentally activate it, but it's flipped when I'm a wolf. Then I've to concentrate on switching it off." That covered the bare basics of what I could do with access to the minds of others. There was a whole lot more to it and other things I could do, but I really didn't think she needed to know about that. The human mind was ridiculous fucking complex and I figured any gift that worked on it would be complicated. "A gift is like an ability, something you gain after you turn. There are all sorts of different ones and you'll discover yours too." I was actually pretty curious about what she'd end up being able to do. Personality pretty much made no difference to it so I had no way of guessing.

Doing this, explaining things to her like I was, had actually helped me get my temper in check. It was like an instinct within me was taking over, one that overruled my irritability. Frantic and angry was the exact opposite of what she needed right now and considering that, I was glad for whatever cause the sudden boost to my patience. "Yeah, see yourself. I'm going to open my mind a bit more, you'll sense the link. Try to mentally grasp it, focus on it and I'll be able to let you see through my eyes." I was calm as I explained it, getting up and taking a few steps backs so that she'd get a better view when she did it.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:08 pm

I hadn't been expecting answers to the questions that littered my mind, and I was actually surprised when Peyton offered them up. I had no doubt that she might know the answers, but it was the fact she'd shared them that had seemed so unlikely. When I looked at her, I could sense a power, a great physical strength radiating from her being, but that didn't mean I trusted Peyton. I still didn't know why she had done this or why she was helping me - beyond the fact we were now apparently the same.

Her information about her gift did nothing to soothe that distrust, and I realised that she'd probably heard me think that too. It just felt so.. intrusive, from the assumptions I jumped to based on the little she'd revealed. The inside of a person's mind was so private, so fundamental to their being and someone else just being able to pick about in it seemed so disrespectful. Not to mention that my mind contained a lot of confidential information concerning my job, and the ability for someone to pry into that if I happened to be thinking about it really did feel wrong. It felt like too much power. Even as I was thinking that, too, I knew she might hear me and it stirred my sense of unease even more. I had to force myself to stop thinking about that completely, leaving it for a more private moment of contemplation. Thinking of my own potential gift was a much safer topic, and I sat to wonder what one earth it could be. I couldn't even think of that long though, because I only had Peyton's gift to base my imagination from and it was difficult to comprehend what else one of these 'gifts' might be.

I shifted were I sat, settling down again as it seemed we weren't moving as I'd assume. I stretched my neck up to watch Peyton and I could definitely feel the link she described. For a second I was torn as to whether I wanted to do as she'd instructed. I felt a natural inclination to want to trust her, but it was her power and the unknown that made me slightly mistrustful. Most importantly, though, on a base level I trusted Peyton and that was the deciding power. I chose to believe she wasn't about to trick me or something equally as horrible, and stretched my front legs out towards her form.

It wasn't easy to do something I had no consciousness of, and although Peyton's advice had helped, it took me a minute to concentrate and figure out what 'opening my mind' was. I relaxed, keeping my gaze on Peyton, and slowed my thoughts, thinking about her in my mind and concentrating on the image. Slowly, I began to feel a sensation I realised was similar to one I hadn't even noticed was present when I'd heard her thoughts, the similarity only bringing it to my mind now. I latched onto it, concentrating as hard as I could.

There was a flash in my mind, and then the sensation was replaced with a very vivid image. My jaws fell open when I realised it was me, my heart slowing with wonder and a miraculous sense when the image's jaw dropped to. That was me. I stared, drinking it all in.

I was markedly different to Peyton, almost nothing alike at all and my heart swelled with gratitude that she'd been able to show me. I was much smaller, slighter - incredibly so, and my coat a fawny brown. I could make out patches of it that were red stained and bedraggled, the fur standing out in wet spikes, and was only reminded of the intense pain I'd felt. The experience was evidenced by the blood and sweaty mess of my fur, something I hadn't even noticed until looking at myself from the outside. I noticed something next to the image of myself in my mind, tatters, and unintentionally broke the link with my attention diverted. The image slipped from my mind as instead I looked down, nosing towards the fabric and then backing up in disgust. They were the remains of my clothes and the smell of vomit that still clung to them assaulted my nose. I shook my head to try and dispel the scent and backed away from the fabric, towards Peyton. The clothes had been ruined before they were torn beyond recognition, but I still felt a sad loss for the beautiful tailoring they had once been.

Seeing myself had been mindblowing, and if anything I felt numbed by so many seemingly impossible experiences. I had the body of a wolf. I looked down to my paws again, and then started, my tail curling under me as a horrid thought entered my head. How would I change back? I had no doubt that I could as Peyton seemed to be able to return to human form, but I didn't know how to go about it. Would I be able to control it, or would the rest of my life be subject to unwilling and sudden transformations? Most importantly - what about my job? How would I continue that if all that was so? While I didn't hate my new body and surprisingly had no hang ups about being a wolf - though perhaps it was yet to truly sink in - I knew there was no way I could carry out my duty in that form. My stomach plummeted, feeling eight feet deep and empty, and I turned beseechingly to Peyton, wishing with every fibre of my being that she could assure me that wasn't true. I sat before her, feet daintily placed together and large, sad eyes boring into hers.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Should I be offended that I apparently came across as the type who'd be purposely unhelpful? Oh wait, nope she had every reason to think like that really. I mean even people who didn't fucking know me at all could probably guess I wasn't exactly the type to bend over backwards. I sure as hell didn't give off the whole Mother Theresa vibe like Khan did. I mean, if Mother Theresa had been kinda uppity and opinionated. But like, shit I didn't think she was all bad and while yeah maybe I wouldn't be rushing to help some stranger through their first turn, it was kinda different when you somewhat knew the person. And had maybe thought they weren't so bad to begin with.

Jesus, I wasn't intentionally prying into her brain or anything, it wasn't my fault that it was just the most convenient way to communicate right then. Still... fuck it I'd just pull back from her mind and let her decide what I heard. "Couple of things Khan. I can't go 'picking' through your head looking about and shit, I can only hear what you think, everything else is safe. But if you want I can pull back and only hear the thoughts you consciously send my way. Work for you?" Shit, I'd be more than happy with it being that way. Only reason I'd had a stronger link up was to wait for her to settle enough to actually tell her about it. I started to pull it back but not before I caught the whole thing about power. Shit, I didn't even like my gift most of the time and I sure as hell never went around abusing it or using it as a way to pry into other people's shit. I wasn't about to start either.

No point lying about it, I kinda regretted loosening the link when it meant that I missed out on her reaction to seeing herself. First time I'd seen myself even I'd had to wonder at it. It was fucking crazy, just knowing that you were so entirely changed. Changed into something that you'd never even know existed. I'd been way smaller back then, obviously seeing as I'd been sixteen. Shit, I'd probably been around the same size she was now, if a bit bigger. I had to admit that her wolf form suited her, matched up with how I knew her to look as a human. But that's just how it was, sometimes your forms matched up and sometimes it contrasted.

When she started nosing around the remnants of her clothing I couldn't stop the bark of amusement at her reaction to it, a part of me kinda glad that she'd experienced a little bit of what I'd had to go through when she'd fucking upchucked in my truck.

Soon her thoughts were filtering back through, and I guessed she must've wanted me to answer something if I was hearing them again. Even her having the intention of me wanting to pick up on them would be enough. My head tilted to the side and I watched her, meeting her gaze and keeping silent for a little while. Jeez, her job of all things? I mean props to her with the whole keepers of the peace thing and how it was obviously important to her but... fucking hell, really? Of everything that's what stood out? I would've busted out laughing if I'd been human right then. "Look, yeah there's a few downsides to this but for the most part you have control over when you turn. Only night that negates that is the night of a full moon, then you turn no matter what you want. Rest of the time it'll be under you control and no, if won't fuck up your job for you." I stood up, shaking out my fur and gazing down at her. "Anything else you can think of asking? You'll pick it up, it'll get easier."

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics