setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] At Every Turn - Page 3

[Private] At Every Turn

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] At Every Turn

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:16 pm

I could barely hear Peyton over the waves of pain rippling through my body, but the little I took in only cemented my opinion that she was psychotic. I was trapped in a truck with a crazy woman, possibly dying, and it was that finalizing thought that made me stop. With all the effort I could muster I tried to pull my wits together. It seemed that Peyton wasn't going to help me so there was nothing for me to do but find the strength to help myself, breathing through my teeth and forcing myself to think past the pain with nothing but a mix of sheer determination and adrenalin. The world seemed to numb as I concentrated on working a way out of my situation.

My gaze darted to Peyton, watching her out of the corner of my eyes, and although there was pain in my expression it was the sharpness that prevailed. While nothing could have fully prepared me for what happened next, it at least meant I was able to comprehend what was happening.

I froze, back ramrod straight and even the pain ebbing away, as I could hear Peyton's voice. That wasn't what was unusual, no... it was the fact her mouth didn't move a muscle - that was what made my whole world stop. She turned, her eyes glowing blue, and I...

What did I feel?

Perhaps it should have been shock, or fear, or disbelief. I felt none of those things. Numbness wasn't exactly what I was experiencing, but perhaps the closest I could get to describing my mentality in that moment. The pain continued to sear through my very being, escalating more than I thought was possible, but rather than sap my strength as it had been it seemed to do the opposite, fueling the indescribable sensation that was taking over my soul.

Quote Begin It wasn't a wolf that bit me.Quote End I stated, my gaze never faltering from the female in the driver's seat. And although my voice wavered, it wasn't with fear. Quote Begin Not a normal wolf.Quote End I realised, my mind plucking memories from the past months and offering them to me, fading to the haunting image of that wolf's eyes. Sam's eyes. That image was the answer. I didn't even yet know the question, or what the answer was, but in my mind I knew that those eyes were it.

I lifted my head up, proudly angling my jaw and staring ahead out of the windscreen at the road ahead. It suddenly struck me how I felt. Prepared. I didn't even know what for, but whatever was going to happen, I felt prepared and ready to accept it. My body trembled and shook, every muscle strained and tensed, tears tracked lines down my cheeks and I felt a wetness trickle from my ears, but the pain cut a sharpness through my mind and I held my head high.

Quote Begin Where are we going?Quote End I gritted out, almost a growl. I didn't for a second lift my determined stare from the road ahead.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Shit I dunno what kinda reaction I expected but it sure as hell wasn't the one I got. My own turn I'd been left in ignorance right up to the point of shifting for the first time, only knowing what I was becoming when it was already done. Not that knowing in advance would've changed anything but maybe it would've stopped me from feeling like I was losing my fucking mind. That's why I was telling her, why I'd gone looking for her. I hadn't stopped it from happening to her but I was at least going to try and make in easier.

I was in her head so I could follow her thought pattern, knew the hints she'd found and observed as she put them together. Fuck, that was pretty impressive. I held my own thoughts locked tightly in my head so that none would slip over unless I consciously choose it. I nodded at her question and kept my eyes on the road. No, not a normal wolf. Y'know all those myths about supernaturals? Not so mythical. You'll have time to learn about them but for now wolves are all you need to know. That and the fact you'll be joining our furry family tonight. Fuck, I wasn't trying to make light of it but she'd proven that she could handle herself more than I'd imagined. I wasn't worried about sugar-coating or trying to be fucking gentle. If anything I was starting to get the feeling that doing that would only irritate her.

Being linked provided the added benefit of being able to monitor the pain she was feeling, helping me guess at how long we had. Shit it was like the wolf within her had been stewing for the last month and wasn't being patient about breaking out. My gaze flickered over to her briefly when she spoke before turning back to the road. Well, this is going to be messy as fuck so I'm getting you as far away from anything as I can. This is gonna be the farthest thing from fun you can imagine Khan, but I'll do my best to help you through. And you will need that help. Turning is agony, I'm sure you've guessed that. But at the rate you're going you might not have to endure it all that long. I stopped, frowning and chewing on the inside of my cheek. Trees were lining the sides of the road now, growing together more closely. I kept my eyes peeled for a dirt track that I knew would cut through, easing up on the gas slightly when I saw it and spinning the wheel.

Keep away from the windows. I warned, a second later stray branches starting to whip against the truck and through the open windows. Fuck it but I'd rather get a few scratches than put up with being trapped in a small space with that fucking stench. I stopped when we got to a point where trees started to close in and knew if I went too much father there wouldn't be room to open the door. I slammed down on the breaks and cutting the engine and hopping out, going round to open her door. Can you walk? There's a clearing I know up ahead and we need to get you somewhere in view of the moon. It'd probably be quicker if carried but I wan't about to start treating her like a china doll if she'd just rebel against it. Plus she was kinda covered in vomit and all.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Trees started to loom over us on the horizon and out of the windows of the car, almost creeping towards us and taking over our surroundings like they were sentient beings. Peyton's words filtered in through my ear but seemed to shoot out of the other. Twigs scratched at my face, but I didn't flinch. I felt as if I was in a trance, on a stage behind large sweeping curtains just waiting for the finale. The finale itself was still unbeknownst to me and yet I felt drawn towards it, a craving, a desire for completion.

I fell from the passenger seat, gripping at the door in an attempt to plant my feet on the ground again. Quote Begin Help if you can, but I don't know how.Quote End I exhaled the words, my voice faint, and I faltered for a second, letting myself wonder how I could go on. My limbs shook, muscles trembling under skin as if they wanted to burst out from under it and my balance was shot, a wet slick of blood shining down one side of my neck.

In that moment of doubt, I almost gave up. But with a choked scream, I pushed myself up, my joints seizing but holding, and staggered forward.

Perhaps Peyton was right - I hadn't experienced anything remotely like this in my life before, but all the hardships I had suffered, I had suffered alone and pulled myself through I wasn't about to leave that to the past.

My limbs quaked like jelly but I staggered forward, each step both more excruciating and yet easier, as if I was being reeled in on a lure, struggling and yet unable to defer from the course that had been chosen for me.

Trees gave way to the clearing, the sight bursting into view before me. It was psychedelic in my blurred, swimming vision, the trees swaying in ceremonial worship towards the otherworldly light in the sky. The moon was so full, so wide and ominous above the silhouetted trees in the distance, and radiated power. It seemed to hum as I stared at it, a sound that thrummed through my body and took over my mind. Never had I felt so weak, but never had I also felt so strong as I did in that moment.

A jagged pain burst through my hands, followed by thick, sharp claws and I collapsed to my knees, screaming at the intensity. My knees followed, bones buckling, snapping, cracking, moving and re-knitting and fighting against each turn as it happened, prolonging and replaying the near unbearable turmoil. The sounds echoed through the clearing to be drunk up by the moon, watching on as my body was repeatedly demolished and rebuilt until it felt unrecognisable and as if it wasn't mine any more, no longer at all under any of my control, my mind rendered a slave that could only watch.

A slither of self-respect, my humanity, clung on vainly and I struggled to silence my sounds of agony, hating to make such a blatant visible depiction of it until my jaw was being ripped apart and would no longer contain my screams. Pain consumed my soul, claws digging into the dirt and fangs arching towards the moon above, my screams elongating further, stretching sound barriers as my body bayed upwards. The scream continued across the airwaves, unstoppable and continuing until it morphed into an ear-splitting howl.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Fucking hell, if I'd even in my life thought that I was a sadist I'd been so damn wrong. Watching her struggle like that made my muscles tense and my hands clench into fists. Sure, sometimes it was funny when people hurt themselves, but that was usually because it was at its' core pretty harmless. There was nothing harmless about this. The way she fell from the truck had me crouching down beside her, brow furrowed in concern. That's not a very clear answer. Can you walk or not? I wasn't cruel, I really wasn't, but there was every chance that she was volatile as fuck right now I didn't want to send her into full on fucking meltdown. I extended my arm a couple of inches, figuring I could just pull her by the back of her shirt. Instead she managed to do it herself, even if it obviously hurt like fucking hell doing so. 

Guess that's your answer. I said, rising to my feet and taking a step to follow her. My phone went off with my message alert, making me pause and check my pockets before I remembered it was in my truck. I leaned in through the passenger side, avoiding the vomit and grabbed it from the center console. I knew when I saw it was from Vin that he'd be checking up and the 'Status report?' confirmed that. I typed a quick reply:

Onyx
Got her somewhere remote. Shouldn't be lo-

I stopped typing when I heard a blood-curdling scream, just pressing send without finishing and chucking the phone back in the truck. I hurriedly stripped off and threw my clothes in the truck bed. Usually you'd stay human to talk them through but my gift meant that wasn't necessary. I shifted, springing forward, four legs eating up the distance between my truck and the clearing. I rush forward, my telepathy naturally on like it always was when I was a wolf. I took in her bloody hands and continued forward, using my muzzle to nudge her face. "Keep looking at the moon Khan. It works like a painkiller." Or the closest thing she'd get to one. 

My eyes stayed riveted to her as she changed, sending her words of reassurance and apology through the link that I wasn't even sure she could hear right now. But even subconsciously knowing that someone was there would be better than being totally alone. 

Still, it wasn't easy to watch her go through it but I wouldn't let myself look away, not even for a moment. I'd never been around another for their first turn and right then I kind of wished I had, even just to not be so completely in experienced. But at the same time there was another feeling rising, one that had a protective edge to it. When she howled I threw my own head back, joining hers with one of my own, a show of the connection that came from her now being a member of the pack. I cut off, sitting down and waiting for her first rational thoughts to come through.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:04 pm

I was hardly aware of the other being near me, and I didn't need to be told to look at the moon - I already was. The words that filtered through the commotion and screams only distracted me from the source of light, so I phased them out and had just kept staring. It was comforting to know that I wasn't alone, in a strange, abstract way, but how could I feel alone again with the moon before me?

It felt as if it could drink me up, as if the moon was closer the longer I watched it and I might disappear into the whiteness. I blinked, slowly, gently coming back down to earth and surveying my surroundings. My vision was no longer torn or blurred, but seemed sharper than it ever had been and I could hear woodland sounds, sharp and crisp in my ears. I finally noticed the sky had darkened considerably with only the moon illuminating everything beneath it.

Not only was my vision and hearing markedly different, but I suddenly seemed to be surrounded by intense scents, my brain naturally providing details of what they were, but it was too much. It was a sensory overload and though I felt strong, I still felt exhausted. I collapsed into a pitiful heap, paws splayed in front of me and a small whiny sigh puffing out from my snout, the undergrowth in front of me rustling from the force.

I limply bought up a paw, the sight of a paw moving when I moved so eerie and foreign, and attempted to feel my other paw as if to assure myself it was real. The feeling was entirely different to a hand touching something, the fur surrounding my wolfish feet and legs limiting the skin contact and amount of receptors, but it was fascinating.

My thoughts extended beyond my strange new form and towards the other presence, and I finally turned to look at her. I wasn't sure how at first, but I automatically knew it was Peyton. Scent, my mind offered up, and I continued watching her, taken in by the large wolf and wondering how alike her I was. She seemed unbelievably massive, but then as a human she was equally so. I hadn't forgotten her thoughts in my mind from earlier, even after the stress my mind had gone through, and I cocked my head, not knowing how it had worked and curious, wondering if all creatures like us could do that. Could I do that? I didn't seem to think so, but with all the new sensory information and instinct it was difficult to think at all.

With another small sigh I rested my head down on my paws, not sad but quiet, basking under the presence of the moon and letting what had happened sink in. What did it mean for me now? Turning into this form had answered so many questions in itself, but had also opened countless others too.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics