setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] At Every Turn

[Private] At Every Turn

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] At Every Turn

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Thread Details

Seattle Airport | Light rain | 6pm

OOC Message

(With raincoat tucked under her arm, and the suitcase on the right)

Even the crisp air conditioning back at the airport couldn't lift my spirits. It was a relief after the uncomfortable warmness inside the plane, but not enough. My eyelids drooped, my hair fell limply and every muscle ached and groaned as I stepped forward, my light hand luggage enough of a weight that it felt it might wrench my arm from it's sluggish socket.

For four weeks I had been out of state, helping out on a case related to one I'd taken the lead in over a year ago. It had been exhilarating to leave Index for a while, or it would have been, if I hadn't been so ridiculously ill. I never got ill. I'd never taken a single sick day from work but if it hadn't been for the urgency of this case I'd have been sorely tempted to to this time. Instead I'd had to push through, surviving on little other than caffeine and sheer determination not to appear weak in front of the force. I felt sick, flushed, hot and cold, aches and pains so much more intense than any flu I'd ever suffered, and a burning sensation inside my arm, underneath the bandage and fading bite mark. I felt positive they were connected, but after giving in and seeing a doctor only for them to say I was healthy, no bacteria or elevated white blood cells at all, I'd just decided to continue on until the case was wrapped up and I could return to Index and figure it out then.

I walked towards the exit, no energy to do anything but stare straight ahead and keep plodding on, each footstep feeling slower and more difficult. I pictured a hot bath in my head as fuel to keep going and practically moaned at the thought of it. Yes, that was what I needed. With a spurt of energy I surged on, absolutely intent on a long, warm bubble bath that I definitely deserved.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] At Every Turn

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:48 pm

OOC Message
Outfit plus scruffy combat boots and a baggy black hoodie. Hair like her avatar. (Yes I'm being lazy with this ensemble :P)

The last month had been a fucking disaster. Fuck, yeah fine that was a fucking exaggeration but I was so far past pissed off that exaggerating was so fucking fitting. I was dealing with so much shit from all angles that I would've been fine dealing with if it weren't for the fact that were was something cipping away at my conscious like flesh-eating bacteria.

I'd woken up that next morning, after the ritual, and everything had come flooding back. I remembered most of the night, though yeah there were some fuzzy spots. Or a lot of fuzzy spots. But one thing that just stuck out way more than anything else was... the human. Hana. The chick who was so fucking nice she probably still believed in happy endings. I hadn't recognized her. I hadn't done anything to stop it happening to her and that made me fucking nauseous every time I thought about it. She was practically a fucking women's rights advocate or whatever and now she was stuck becoming a member of the most chauvinistic species on the planet. 

On top of that I hadn't even been sure she wouldn't change while she was away. The wolves we had on the force had told me she'd gone outta town for some case or other, hadn't been able to find out when she'd been back. I was just supposed to watch her but that didn't feel like enough. I couldn't even fucking do that much either with her not being around. I'd been tempted to take off after her but I couldn't just leave anymore, not now that I was warlord. I couldn't send anyone after her either. So I'd just had to fucking wait and Onyx had been right, higher ranks didn't do so fucking well with patience. 

But I'd finally gotten word last night about her coming in today. Talk about cutting it fucking close. There was basically no time to waste, I couldn't even risk wait for her to get back to Index. That's why I was waiting for her outside the Arrivals lounge, going over the excuse for getting her on her own. I couldn't just offer her a ride, even she wasn't naive enough to think I was such a nice person I'd creepily tack her down for nice reasons. Fuck. I paced back and forth, checking the exit every now and then until finally I spotted her. She looked like shit and that was putting it nicely. I barged up, knocking shoulders with someone but hurrying on without pausing. Hey, hey Khan! I stood in front of her, blocking her way. But now that I was here I didn't know what the hell to say. Uh... I need... Shit, shit, shit. I could... fuck, I could play to her niceness. I need to talk to you. One of your co-workers said you'd be back today. I looked around like I was worried or something. I lost your number so I couldn't ring you... can I give you a lift back to Index. So we can talk? Please. The last word had just been the biggest fucking struggle, but I didn't have much choice. Time was a-tickin' and this was way too public a place.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:26 pm

When I heard my name being called, I was so out of it that it didn't register it was me being called. It wasn't an unusual name. Even if it had been me somebody was after, I was so determined and set in keeping going that it didn't make a difference.

I couldn't help but stop when someone cut into my path, and my frustration at being interrupted turned to confusion when I realised who it was. Quote Begin Peyton?Quote End I took a step back, wondering if my mind was beginning to play tricks on me as well. But it was definitely her, though I didn't have the energy to try and understand why. It seemed she had more information for me, which was great, but not what I particularly wanted to deal with for once. I did my best to straighten my posture and plastered a professional smile on my face. Quote Begin I'm sorry I haven't been available, Peyton, and it's great that you want to talk, if you have any more information... but now isn't a good time, I'm afraid.Quote End Home in Index seemed so far away, when all I could think of was the nearness of hotels and what sort of bathtubs they might have. Quote Begin I need a bath.Quote End I said, the words slipping out instead of the ones I'd intended, Quote Begin Sorry, I need to get home - and I already have transport arranged, but thank you for the kind offer. I'm sure you could talk to one of the other officers at the station if it's urgent. Quote End Get them to do some work for once - I felt ill and just couldn't deal with niceties and professionalism any longer. I'd had enough. I wanted my bath and I wanted my bed, and not even information for a case was going to deter me when I was in that state. I took a deep breath, readying myself, and moved to walk around Peyton.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:02 pm

Fuck it, I should've just gone after her, followed her out of state and screw the rules. I could tell that my plan to appeal to her weirdly nice personality wasn't working, which was actually kinda surprising. Or not when I thought about how awful it felt in the lead up to a first change. It was enough to make fucking Gandhi feel pissed off I'd say. Still, I hadn't come this far to just take no for an answer. Yeah, but you're available now. Fine, don't come back with me just... shit, even two minutes would be enough. Yeah that was an obvious lie but she had no way of fucking knowing that. My ability to keep calm was stretching thinner the longer this went on. Why the fuck had no one explained the whole temper thing to me before the ritual?

A bath? Are you fucking kidding me? She was seriously using a goddamned bath as her excuse for not talking to me? I mean the fact I didn't actually want to talk about new info or whatever, that was relevant. I knew she must feel like shit but Jesus Christ put some big girl panties on and deal with it. So cancel your transport. It won't make any difference. And no offense but I got the impression that you were kinda hush hush about whatever was going on with the guy you were asking me about. You sure you want me going down to fucking the station with that? Okay so she hadn't been obvious, but I'd been in her head and knew about her feeling for him, it wasn't a leap to think she was trying to find him for personal reasons. Wouldn't want other cops getting to him first if he was in trouble.

It was her trying to step around me that had my temper snapping. Oh no, she was not getting away that fucking easily. If reasoning wasn't working then force would have to do. I shadowed her step, blocking her path again. 'Fraid I can't let you do that Khan. Damn it, this would be a great time to have someone with fucking persuasive powers around. Whatever, I had my own methods. Sorry that I'm not sorry about this. I said, glancing around and raising a hand to either side of her neck, pinching the nerves I needed to knock her out. She dropped like a stone but I caught her before she hit the ground, sweeping her into my arms. A guy stopped, opening his mouth to say something and I wanted to hurl at the only excuse that popped into my head. Sorry, my... girlfriend- Ugh, gag. -doesn't handle jet lag very well. I could tell she was gonna drop as soon as I saw her. Luckily he was obviously a fucking pervert because his expression change from confused suspicion to something I didn't want to identify.

At least he offered to carry her luggage to my truck, even if that meant putting up with the feeling of his pervy fucking gaze. What I wouldn't give to just punch the fucker. I placed Hana in the passenger seat, actually remembering to buckle her up before turning back to the guy hovering a foot or so away. I grabbed the luggage off him, throwing it in the back and slamming the door. Thanks for the help. I said, giving him the sweetest smile I could manage and wanting to claw my fucking face off while doing it. I walked around to the drivers side again, not listening to whatever he said in reply, just yanking open the door and hoping in, keying the ignition and backing out of the spot I'd parked in. I glanced at Hana, frowning. I hadn't kept pressure on her that long, so she'd be waking back up in a couple of minutes. But she was here now and I had to figure out what I was going to fucking say.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Of all the times to suddenly start caring, Peyton had to choose then. What had happened to the woman who apparently couldn't care less? It was childish to miss her, but I just wanted to go home, on my own and without any company I had to save face in front of. I felt like garbage and didn't want anyone round me at all when I felt like that.

If I hadn't been feeling half dead, maybe, just maybe, I'd have been able to stop Peyton, or notice her hand moving towards me.

Instead I was coming to, feeling even more groggy than I had done previously. I slowly became aware that I was in a car, reaching out for the belt around me and then looking around, my vision beginning to focus and revealing Peyton to me.

The events leading up to my passing out suddenly hit me and I could just stare at her. It felt a little like blackmail, a prickling sensation moving up my spine. Was she involved with Sam? Did she know where he was? Why hadn't she told me? I stared at her, wide-eyed, failing to completely take the situation in. Wait - she'd knocked me out?! What on earth was going on? It was ridiculous and I had to wonder if I was hallucinating. My head was spinning and the motion of being on the road wasn't helping any.

I opened my mouth, preparing to ask Peyton if she'd kidnapped me.

Instead, I barely had time to lurch forward before I vomited. It splattered across my lap, the chair, and the floor. It happened before I had time to register how nauseous I felt, and so quickly that it took a few seconds for the sheer mortification of what I'd done to sink in. In front of Peyton. In her car. The smell seemed to grow stronger and I wished the floor could swallow me up.

Quote Begin Oh my god, oh my god, I'm so sorry!Quote End I choked out, sniffing past the acrid taste in my mouth and covering my face with my hands, having to try so hard to resist the urge to cry. I shook my head in complete aghastness at myself, not knowing what else to do. I just felt so horrifically ill and there wasn't even anything I could do about it. I just wanted to feel better already. I was so fed up of aching.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics