setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Thread Details

"Snoqualmie National" Forest | overcast | mid-afternoon
OOC Message
Outfit | Hoodie (Unzipped) | The sketch she's working on

Why the fuck was everything about the weather? The start of awkward conversations. The rescheduling of games even when they were playoffs and you'd been waiting fucking weeks to watch it. Or like the last couple of weeks where it'd been raining pretty much non-stop. This had been the first dry-ish day in what felt like forever. Sure it was overcast but it wasn't pissing out of the sky but hell, the clouds cleared enough to let through weak sunshine every once in a while and it wasn't like I had to worry about being cold or shit like that.

So I'd figured what the fuck and just grabbed my small sports bag that was filled with sketch pads and pencils and all that kinda stuff and just headed out. It was what I did anytime I had the chance and the free-time, which felt like practically never these days. Shit, I'd known becoming warlord wouldn't be a picnic but it was practically impossible. Training was a joke and the wolves that showed were fucking hopeless. The fact that punishment was making more of them stick with their training should have been a relief but it just meant more fucking work really. Time for just myself was becoming some kinda fucking luxury but I guessed the bright side of that was appreciating it more. Ugh, fuck was I being optimistic? What the fuck was up with me?

As usual when it came to sketching I ended up in the woods. Every since I'd been a kid I'd like the feel I got when I came here, like it inspired creativity or whatever. My dad had taken me here a lot and told stories about our people, which explained why most of my stuff ended up with a Native American vibe. But I was determined to actually just stick to nature today. Re-honing realism skills and all that. For the last few hours I'd spent time filling up the pages, some drawings were just quick and took a few seconds or minutes. Other took much longer. Like the one I was working on then. I'd sat my ass down on an uprooted tree that lay almost flat against the ground and had spent the forty minutes sitting crossed legged to have somewhere to lean my sketchpad, staring at the exposed roots of another tree and getting lost in transferring it to the paper. 

Yeah maybe optimism made me feeling like fucking cringing but shit, it was nice to actually fucking have some time to myself and I actually had less of a problem admitting that than I usually would've. Fuck it but that pack was obviously driving me insane. Or... nope, the insane theory was definitely the most likely.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Lucrecia Del Rey |

Posted on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:46 pm

OOC Message

When I left France for America the snow drifted down, melting on the runway below as I watched out the oval window waiting for the plane to take off. The next day in New Orleans there had been no snow, allowing some comfort away from the cold winter that I had run from. After spending a winter in Index I started to miss even the cold Paris winters. Hot chocolate and a kerosene heater, something I had never heard of until visiting a Wal-mart, had become my best friends. Chapped lips and shoes that let the cold snow melt over my feet had become my dearest enemies.

March teased me with sunshine and the closest thing I had felt as warm weather in months only to turn the town back to ice again. The weather seemed to be playing in my favor this day, thought I kept checking my back for a fish, waiting for mother nature to yell at me.
Poisson d’avril!  My brother’s voice said happily. On the screen of my phone his voice delayed from the FaceTime video like a voice dubbed foreign film. April fools!  I replied to him in English. It would be weird enough for someone to see me taking a leisurely stroll alone on the trail without speaking in French with someone on my phone. Older people, I learned, did not enjoy such weird things or foreigners.

After Simone hung up to sleep in a magnificent bed in our father’s magnificent home, I pulled the ear buds from my ears and wrapped them around my phone before sliding it into my purse.As I looked around I noticed I was much farther into the trail than I had though previously. Nor had I noticed how loud the click of my heels were against the cracking asphalt. 

Up ahead I could see a girl that I also had not noticed before, my attention had obviously been very lacking. The exact reason why she was so deep into the trail, sitting on the ground, I did not know but it was surely implied she had come for peace and quiet. My shoes were certainly not helping, so out of courtesy I slowed my pace, rolling my steps instead of striking the concrete with my heels.

When I was close enough, a few feet away, I spoke. Good day. I said. It would have been rude to just walk on by without saying a word, many people did that, and she looked nice enough sitting there sketching out what looked to be the tree in front of her. Are you hiding from all the fools, too?  I laughed.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:21 pm

The way I could just lose myself in sketching was probably something I couldn't explain to anyone else. Or maybe it was just that I couldn't see myself ever feeling the fucking urge to explain it to anyone. My conversations with most people were pretty limited to certain topics. Like correcting stances and reminding wolves to watch their fucking backs even if it was just a fake fight with a packmate. It felt like teaching fucking ten year old's in gym class what with their apparent lack of ability to resist the urge to just fuck around. Talking with Vaesa were less infuriating but that didn't mean I found them particularly interesting. I knew she expected certain things from me ranking up but, shit, I had to deal with one thing at a time.

Even with others who I talked somewhat more freely with I still didn't think I'd ever comfortably talk about my art. Shit, even the idea of referring to it as 'my art' to any of them brought back that cringey feeling. People were more bearable to me now, that was all. I didn't even know why that was the case and I had no interest in dissecting the fact. Yeah, I felt less of a compulsion to punch nearly everyone I met, big fucking deal.

The sound of some kind of repetitive tapping gradually filtered through my thoughts, making me pause mid-stroke, pencil hovering above the page. I concentrated for a moment, knowing my heightened hearing was picking it up way before a human would notice it and that they probably weren't even close by yet. Maybe they wouldn't even get any closer. I waited long enough to rule out that idea, seeing as how they were definitely coming closer. 

With a shrug I went back to my sketch but kept part of my attention on the approaching footsteps. The clicking noise confused me until I realized that it must be a chick wearing a pair of heels. I took a second to roll my eyes at that. Seriously, this was the middle of the woods, who the fuck wore heels? Sure, there was a path but it's condition pretty much got shittier the further you went until it disappeared altogether. Eh, what the hell did I know, maybe they'd gotten lost or actually did want to trip and break their neck. Whatever, it was their business either way.

Minutes passed and still they got closer. I wasn't exactly sure when it would seem reasonable for someone with normal hearing to look up so I kept my head down, pretending to be wrapped up in what I was doing. Maybe they'd just keep walking? Maybe they were on their way somewh- nope, that was definitely the sound of them slowing down. I sighed once when they were still too far away to hear and just waited until- yup, they spoke. I looked up, noting the accent and looking her up and down. Blonde, reasonably tall and curvy as hell. If I was a dude or a dyke it probably would've made my day. Ugh, I was obviously spending too much time around certain horndogs if that was the kind of thing I was thinking. Uh, good day to you too? I frowned at her, wondering what she meant until I remembered the date. Shit, I forgot it was April Fool's. I'd been even busier than I'd thought if I was forgetting shit like that. I guess you could say that. I mean, first of April or not, hiding is a good fucking way of putting it. And they're fools every day of the year, so you're not wrong there either. I shrugged and looked at her outfit again, thinking about the accent. You lost or something? Don't exactly look like you're dressed for a hike.

Back to top Go down

Lucrecia Del Rey |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:00 am

To not be seen had always been a great fear of mine. Actually and metaphorically. Many had seen me, watched me walk down the street or taken a glimpse while I looked in a different direction. When people spoke I met their eyes so they too would meet mine. To be seen, metaphorically, was less common. My mother and brother saw me as a truly was in the way you can see a person only if you close your eyes. Maybe you saw their soul. My soul was seen when I danced ballet or in the way I loved my brother. I looked down at the girl’s sketch and wondered if I was seeing her soul.

Ah, yes. Fools are around us every day of the year. April fools is for those who don’t act foolish to do so, I suppose.Simone was always a fool, poisson d'avril or not. Our father, with all his eccentricities was no fool, but always had a good laugh when we found a paper fish taped to our shirts.   

Perhaps my readings of the girl were not correct. She looked young enough, older than me maybe. Certainly not very happy about me interrupting her. Though had I been in her shoes I would not have been too excited to see another face. On a supernatural forum I frequented, the one who gave me the idea of coming to Index, had suggested I go looking for bigfoot since the forests of Washington seemed like a good place for them to dwell. I refused to ever trade my pumps for hiking boots from the local Wal-Mart, although it was amazing it most definitely did not carry any line of clothing I would touch. Of course I wasn’t going to say any of this to her, I had no friends in index so I took every chance I had to not be that weirdo. Not exactly. I haven’t been here before, but I know how to get back. I was taking a short walk and lost track of time.I offered her a slight smile.Is anything close? A campground or something?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 am

Eh as far as humans went this chick could probably be a whole lot worse. I mean, she wasn't overly annoying or anything. Obviously put fashion above comfort but it wasn't like some comment from a fucking stranger was going to make her smarter about that. Maybe when she did finally fall and break something at some point she's wise the hell up and buy some proper shoes. Whatever, I didn't give a crap what she wore and I needed to stop thinking about it. Spending more time around women who talked about clothes was obviously having a negative impact. This was exactly why I needed more time to myself.

I dunno, if a day is all someone needs to decide to act like a fucking idiot then they were probably an idiot all along. Pranks can be funny, but people are really lame about it today. Most pranks anyway. I mean, everyone had a go to prank but that didn't make them any good. As a kid every fucking year my mother had turned back all the clocks by an hour and gone through the whole 'everyone's late' thing. What was worse was that she'd thought it was the most fucking hilarious thing. Every. Damn. Year. You planning on pranking anyone? I frowned and looked her over again. If you're out here looking for victims then I seriously recommend you look elsewhere. I didn't hate pranks, but if a stranger tried to pull one on me it would not go down well. For them anyway.

Again I ended up glancing towards her choice in footwear and just wondering why. Was there some fucking hormone I was missing that made most women pick wearing stupid and unsuitable crap over using common sense and dressing normally? Shit, there I went again. What the fuck. Yeah, that happens. Just... be careful. This trail branches off a lot. If you're not paying attention you could take one without realizing. This one is in pretty crap condition, but the rest are was shittier. I stopped, thinking over what she said. Part of me wanted to wonder why I was even bothering but... I knew the answer already. It was just kinda a relief to talk to someone who wasn't a fucking wolf. Humans didn't give me the same sense of stress that I'd started to feel around most wolves, just because of what they were. A walking, talking remind of responsibility. There's a couple of different camping places, but the best ones aren't just conveniently near the trail. Closest one is about twenty minutes away- I reminded myself that she wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. -better make that thirty or forty minutes for you.

An idea popped into my head that I tried to push back but couldn't really manage. I wanted to escape today, not necessarily have alone time or whatever gay way it was phrased. And she was human and carried no fucking reminders of... anything really. Especially when she obviously wasn't even from around here. It's not easy to get there but... shit, I guess I could show you if you wanted. There's some markers I could point out if you wanted to find it again. I didn't really give a shit whether she said yes or no. If she said no I could just continue sketching. If she said yes then maybe I'd get to witness if she did fall over. When was someone falling not fucking funny?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics