setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air - Page 2

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:10 pm

The set of footsteps beside me came to an abrupt stop, and all I heard were my own treading on the gravel. I look over my shoulder, eyebrows raised at the view of Ru making the most outrageous pose. I knew if I stopped to have a good laugh the energy I've built up would evaporate so I just shook my head and kept marching. Thank you for that mental image, Ru. I will cherish it forever. I smirk at him once he's at my side again.  I don't know why I haven't, to be quite honest with you. But I do hope you're right, I could use a fresh story idea. Even though I know exactly why I haven't written an adventure story. It was never because I had no inspiration, but because I focused solely on stories that expressed feeling lost. Ru's attitude gave me an uplifting jolt that an adventure story was to come. 

If I wasn't being mesmerized at the sun rays as they beamed through the trees or listen intently to the patter of little critter feet, I would find the largest pebble and kick it up the trail, just to kick it further once I reached. My subconscious flees and hides under the blanket when Ru brings up the inevitable...I wish I could join her. It's no surprise that I tend to doze off on a regular basis, so I was really hoping he just assumed my daily Ben daydreaming was just me being, well me. No way was he going to let this one down, not even the slightest. But no way was I going to let him in on all the details especially since I don't even know what it all means. 

I guess it wouldn't hurt to lightly brush on the subject, of course leaving out the censored contents of those dreams.  I've just been having these, really strange dreams that are keeping me up through the night. Nothing to be concerned about. Why? What did you think was up?

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:44 am

Quote Begin Oh, you know me - always happy to help!Quote End I grinned, bouncing on my feet as I caught back up with her. It was torture - the more I walked, the more energy I seemed to have. Slowly expressing it so I didn't jet off and leave Sof in the middle of nowhere wasn't easy.

Quote Begin I'm still waiting for a copy of that first novel too.Quote End I teased, and then clapped my hands together, Quote Begin Right - c'mon, let's get you thinking of an adventure story! Bounce ideas off of me, or whatever it is you authors do.Quote End I just played video games or music when I needed inspiration for work, but I didn't think it was the same as Sof. Also, I didn't exactly find it difficult to muster up energy to do things, a trait I knew often annoyed people prone to procrastination.

I glanced to Sof, watching her with a raised eyebrow as we neared the clearing, the small, roughly made wooden bench coming up into view. It was essentially made of some hewn up trunks, one for the seat, one for the backrest. The edges eroded now with age and amazingly smooth, not a splinter in sight. I sat down on it, to think more than anything else. Quote Begin Really strange dreams? You know it's bad to eat cheese before bedtime.Quote End I teased, but I was also taken over with concerned curiosity. It sounded more worrying than her having just met some guy - that would have been a nice thing. I wondered if they were dreams to do with her family, some dredged up memory. Quote Begin Honestly... I thought maybe you were seeing someone. In love with some fellow hipster bookworm and was dreaming about all the book stuff you could talk about, things like that. Getting hot over classical literature.Quote End I grinned, leaning my elbows on my knees that rested widely apart.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:12 pm

The thought of writing my own novel, my stories on paper for the world to read, sounds too good to be true. It's always been a dream of mine to write a book, but it was the deep fear of rejection that has held me back. It will happen, I promise you that. You'll even get a sign copy and maybe a photo with yours truly, but that'll have to cost you extra. I smirked, adjusting my beanie.  Well I don't know about other authors out there, but I get the majority of my stories from people watching and then with information I gathered from their appearance I start writing a background. I looked over at Ru, eyeing him from head to toe. But for you, you're brilliant in archery which favors you in protecting your forest kingdom. You've always been favored by your family, that didn't settle well for your sibling who has always got the short end of the stick. Then one day while you were out, that sibling rebels and destroys everything, and everyone. And of course through all your anger and heartbreak, you venture out to seek revenge... I trail off as it slowly dawns on me I described what I went through. I let out a laugh and shake my head. Damn that story sucks.

The sight of the bench could mean one thing and one thing only, it was break time. As I neared the bench it become clear that it was made from the trunk of a tree. I do hope it was a dead tree before it took on the task of being a place where people rested their lazy butts after that dreadful incline. It breaks my heart when healthy young or ancient trees are cut down. I pulled my backpack from shoulders as I took a seat next to Ru.  Thanks for the advice. I'll have to tame my midnight cravings for cheese. I teased back, revealing a sandwich bag filled with trail mix from my backpack and pulling it open.  If only. I kept my head down as I picked out the almonds, popping each into my mouth. If only it was that simple, instead I'm stuck with constant thoughts about him and roller coaster feelings for himBut the worse part about this whole Ben dilemma, things were getting hot in my dreams...And it's driving me absolutely crazy. The thought sends shivers all over my body.

I nudge my knee with his. How about you? Do I need to barricade the door when girls start lining up at the door for you?   I smirked, and offer him the bag of trail mix.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am

Quote Begin Well, I don't think it sucks - it sounds like a great story if you ask me.Quote End I didn't know why Sof seemed to go off the idea so quickly but just put it down to her feeling self-conscious about it.[/b]Quote End Even if I'm not exactly the best person to get book opinions on. And how about the audio tape? Then I can read it without having to read it.[/b]Quote End I joked, giving Sof a friendly nudge and biting my tongue to quieten my laughter.

I reached over and dug a hand into Sof's bag of trail mix, taking a good handful and dropping it into my mouth. After a good chew I was able to speak again. Quote Begin Hey, there's no reason why not. You could set up an ad on Craiglist. Wanted: One male hipster, preferably with collection of dusty old books'Quote End I said, dipping my hand back in again and letting myself laugh. Quote Begin Well it'd be much easier if you just let them in.Quote End I winked cheekily at Sof, my grin practically bursting off my face. Quote Begin Not necessarily one at a time either!Quote End I laughed to myself, unable not to, a chuckle that was quiet but creased my face up. Quote Begin I think I might've finally found a place anyway, so soon there might not be that problem.Quote End I tossed a raisin into my mouth.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:03 pm

I shrugged it off and dropped the remaining almonds in my mouth. I've been waiting for the right moment, and this was it. We're alone in these woods, there's not another soul for miles. I was finally ready to open up to him about that day and the events after. I was done with walking on eggshells around him, and even me. Besides, he was the only person I could talk to about it all and the only person who would actually understand. I hate to admit it but that's a brilliant idea. In today's day and age audio books are becoming a thing for the future, it's depressing. I love the feeling of actually holding a book, flipping through the pages, and the smell. I sigh softly as a small grin spreads across my lips.  You know, if being a web designer ever fails, you are more than welcome to become my agent. I nudge him back. 

I raised my eyebrows at Ru. Now why didn't I think of that. Because the men I just love to attract are the creepy ass ones I meet over Craigslist. I roll my eyes, zipping up the bag and tucking it away after he takes another handful. I don't know about you, but I prefer to meet my men in the flesh. Which sparked me to look around the perimeter, in case a specific silhouette was hidden behind a tree. I haven't had a single encounter with Benjamin all day, not even a sighting. It was unclear if I was happy about this, or disappointed. 

Definitely disappointed. I felt so alive, and different, when I could sense him near. But that wasn't the case today.

Hearing him say he might have found a place is hard to hear. I'm happy for him and grateful to have had him as a house mate even if it was short lived, but he also brought me out of that darkness when I returned to Index. A part of me fears the darkness will return. The thought triggers me to scoot closer to Ru and rest my head against his shoulder.  Are you sure you have to leave? I don't mind the never-ending line of girls, just tell them to keep it quiet during my reading hour.  

With Ru leaving soon, there wasn't a more perfect time to open up.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics