setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air - Page 7

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon May 11, 2015 6:28 am

Quote Begin Hey, hey!Quote End I squeezed Sof's shoulders again, worrying at the direction she was taking the conversation in. Quote Begin I definitely wasn't recommending seeing him again... I hope it's not out of line for me to say it, but I think the Sage we both knew is gone.Quote End I looked at Sof, trying to think of something to say, but floundering. Quote Begin You're here, right, that's what matters? No point what-iffing. But hey, if you want I could help you sort out a new security system for the house, or an extra one. Whatever makes you feel safer.Quote End Would any of that make her feel better? I didn't know, but I felt like it was all I could offer.

Quote Begin Maybe? Quote End I answered, not sure what Sof wanted me to say. It wasn't exactly something I'd spent too long thinking about myself. Quote Begin Who knows? I wasn't there so I don't know, but it sounds like he just... cracked. I don't know if someone that unhinged could make a life for themselves, but anyway.. Quote End I shrugged a little, trying not to think of movies or TV shows that would have you believe all that really was possible, Quote Begin The cops must have his DNA on record, right? So if he is still out there, if anything happens, even just ordinary things like going to see a doctor or having tests run, they'll know.Quote End I tried to smile comfortingly, keeping my arm around her shoulder and continuing a bit up the trail. Quote Begin He's not important, anyway. You are. And that book you're going to write.Quote End I looked down, broadening my cheeky smile and starting to feel more relaxed with the situation. Yes, in my mind, that was what Sof needed - to carry on living her own life.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat May 16, 2015 10:29 pm

The thought of ever seeing my brother again, is just a meltdown waiting to happen. I took several deep breaths before speaking again.  It's not out of line at all, because I completely agree. I assured Ru, shaking my head.  I've spent far too many sleepless nights trying to convince myself that Sage was still there, that some demon or whatever took over. But I had to knock myself back into reality. My dearest brother was gone. I'll never know what came over him that day, and I would like to keep it that way.  You know, I would actually appreciate that. I smiled softly at him. Really anything would be appreciated, especially with all the times I've seen him, better safe than sorry.

I opened my mouth slightly to say something but stopped myself, I didn't want to keep dragging on with my many speculations. So I kept my thoughts to myself.  You would think so, but I've gotten no word from the police on any possible clues. Which makes me assume at time he is really gone, but then I.. I trailed off and bit my tongue, preventing me from speaking any further about me seeing Sage. The last thing I wanted was to raise more red flags. But then my eyes brightened up when he mentioned my book, it couldn't have been the most perfect way to change the subject.  You're absolutely right. It's going to be a New York Times bestseller, you know?   I smirked and nudged his side.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon May 18, 2015 8:19 am

I smiled reassuringly at Sof, hesitant to let her go. I felt her deep breaths through her body before she spoke and gave her shoulder a little squeeze again. She was small enough that my arm slung around her shoulder was actually very comfortable. I smiled down at the redhead. Quote Begin That's good. And hey - anything I can do to make it better, I'll do it. And I'm sure that whatever the police are doing, they're doing a good job of it - and that they'd let you know if there were any updates on the case.Quote End I said, lying through my teeth. I wasn't sure at all and wasn't in a position to say what sort of workers the Index police were, but I'd have said anything if it made Sof feel more confident. There was no point in worrying over small things like that anyway.

Quote Begin Obviously. And the publicity parties we're going to go to will be awesome too, won't they? wine and fine food. And I'll look dashingly handsome, and you'll be stunningly beautiful, so much that even my fellow book-unappreciators will want to read your bestseller.Quote End I let my arm drop from Sof's shoulder and leaned back to look her up and down, Quote Begin I can see you in a dark blue dress.. or maybe green..Quote End I smiled as I trailed off, continuing the cheery story because it seemed to be doing its job of livening Sof up.

I continued along the trail a little, waiting for Sof to follow. Quote Begin We could look at the alarm system when we get back?Quote End I turned to look at her, followed by a wink, Quote Begin But... on one condition! Quote End My serious tone suddenly lightened, and my face broadened into a grin. Quote Begin - that you finish this hike with me, no piggybacks allowed!Quote End

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed May 20, 2015 1:44 am

There was something comforting and reassuring at his little gestures here and there. It definitely did the trick at putting me more at ease. I returned the smile. Anything, huh? Well I'm sure an adorable yet totally ferocious guard dog would suffice too. I smirked. By doing a good job, does losing hope just weeks after the case was opened count? And by keeping me updated, does blocking my number count? My more optimistic side hoped that at least one detective in that corrupted facility was still working on the case, then reality hit. But I chose to keep that information to myself, I admired his efforts, truly. I know I can tell Ru anything, I trust him more than myself, but the last thing I wanted was for him to worry more than I'm sure he already is. I want him to be able to move on and not have to make sure I'm going to be fine.

Of course. Plus all the book signings I'll attend to all over the world and being able to meet all my lovely fans. But could you imagine if it was made into a movie...The red carpet premieres, meeting more fans, and even more glamorous attire.  I exclaimed. In this moment, it felt as if I was on cloud nine.  Definitely green. Not only would it compliment my hair, but it'll match your eyes since I'm sure you'll tag along for the ride. I winked.

I gave myself a little push as the distance between us started to grow.  Oh yeah? And what would that one condition be? I asked, my head tilting to the side. But I stopped in my tracks, No piggybacks? I sighed and started looking at my surroundings.  You might as well find a big enough rock to put me out of my misery. I joked, the smirk returned as I looked at Ru from the corner of my eye.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed May 20, 2015 9:23 am

Quote Begin You like dogs?Quote End I glanced to Sof with a tilt of my head, Quote Begin I always thought you'd be a cat person.Quote End It wasn't difficult to imagine her curled up in a chair, book in hand and cat on lap. Although the quiet, bookish Sof I'd known as a child had obviously changed. I'd never have been able to think of her walking down a red carpet previously, but in that moment, with that look on her face as she imagined it, I could. Quote Begin Definitely, it's not going to be that easy to get rid of me.Quote End I shot her a sly smirk in return for her wink.

It was obvious I was going to have to give up on my idea of instilling in Sof the love for hiking, exercise or outdoors - especially all three at once - at least for a while before I could try again. Quote Begin There's a few decent sized rocks over here..Quote End I carried on, pretending to look to hide the grin on my face. I turned back to Sof, walking back a few steps to where she'd stopped. Quote Begin We could change the condition to no more complaining about the lovely fresh air and outdoors, if a lift would stop you whining about it?Quote End I joked, unable to stick to my playful threat for long.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics