setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air - Page 6

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri May 01, 2015 9:19 am

It was heartwarming to see the happiness illuminate on Ru's face when we briefly talked about his mother. I appreciated his attempt to keep the uplifting mood, but knowing the topic at hand, it won't last long.

My eyes fixed on his mouth, ready to hear what he was going to say next which I already had an idea, but he stopped himself and my suspicion was confirmed. It was the question that has been buzzing around in his head for who knows how long, but he isn't the only one. The media did a good job keeping the investigation a mystery to the public by revolving its coverage on the lives of what once was my family. Unfortunately, that left an open door for everyone to come up with their own stories.

But his last words were what I needed to hear. Even though at times I wish I wasn't, he's right. What happened that afternoon isn't what's important, and I hate to say it but what is important is that I survived and I'm allowed to carry on my family legacy. But I'll never entirely believe that. I returned the smile and nodded my head.  Thank you, Rupert.

I don't know when or if the time will ever be right, or maybe it's never to be heard. Perhaps the media was right on their part, maybe it was best to keep what happened in that house a mystery and leave them to create theories, because it really was a mystery. It was unclear what Sage's motive was, and maybe it was best to keep it that way.

Before we continued, I wanted him to know one last thing. With both hands I rolled up my shirt, exposing my stomach scar.  He did this to me. Not only did he have to leave an emotional scar on me forever, but also a physical one.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 1:47 pm

I wasn't expecting Sof to suddenly start rolling up her shirt, slightly puzzled and shocked at first. Then the scar came into view and I breathed out, deflating and shaking my head. I couldn't help it. I bridge the gap between us and pulled her into another hug. I didn't know what else to do; her revelation had completely floored me. I wasn't sue how to handle it. Quote Begin Don't worry about it, what're friends for, huh?Quote End I said against her hair, pulling her in close.

I let her go slightly but kept my arm round her shoulders. My eyes drifted back down to Sof's stomach. Quote Begin I can't believe he did that.Quote End I murmured, without thinking. I met Sof's eyes again and wondered if that had sounded bad. Quote Begin I've wondered, sometimes since coming back here, if my family had stayed maybe it might not have happened?Quote End I glanced back down to the floor between us and sighed. Regret wasn't something easy. Quote Begin They cops didn't catch him, did they?Quote End I asked quietly, finally breaching into the questioning territory. As much as I hadn't wanted to ask about what had happened, that seemed important to me. Important and gut-wrenching that Sage could still be out there.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 6:36 pm

I kept my head down, my eyes analyzing the little details of the scar I hadn't noticed before, I have my enlightened senses to thank for that. The faint markings that were left from the stitches, the slight indentation, and the dull stretch marks outlining parts of the scar. I normally never look at my scar for as long as I was now, I try to avoid it. Some find scars interesting because they "tell" a story, well that got that part right. But for me, it not only tells a story, it's a horrid reminder. 

My breathing started to quicken as I waited for him to something, anything. Knowing how weak his stomach was, maybe showing him the scar was a bad call. Maybe this was his last straw so now he was either going to throw up, or worse, pass out. Oh please Ru, whatever you do, don't pass out. My mind was on maximum speed as thoughts were bouncing off the walls, but everything stopped when he pulled me into him. My hands were sandwiched between our bodies and the side of my face rested against his. Right. I let out huge sigh of relief, a small smile gracing across my face.

You and me both. I pulled my shirt back down and folded my arms across my chest. As I got the hint of where he was taking this sentence, I shook my head and, without thinking, cupped the sides of his face and lifted him up so we were eye to eye. No no no no, don't you even dare say what I know you're about to say.  After a moment, I slowly withdrew my hands from the warmth of his cheeks.  There was no way anyone could predict what happened. Okay? You, me, my parents, no one. I never ever want you to feel some sort of responsibility to what happened. I exclaimed. To hear him hence the fact that he could have prevented what happened, broke my heart. The only person I thought that could have prevented it was me, so it was heart breaking to hear someone else think the same. 

They said by the time they arrived, he was already gone, and that they didn't know where to start searching. I say softly. I wondered if I should tell him about the strange sightings I've had recently, but then I just told myself it was Ben. Sometimes though, I was certain it wasn't. I decided to just keep that a secret, the last thing I wanted is for him to be even more worried.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue May 05, 2015 6:58 am

Sof's sudden determination amused me when she actually physically lifted my head back up, but the smile on my face was more fond than anything else. I locked eyes with hers and suddenly realised how selfish what I'd said had been. Quote Begin Yeah, you're right.Quote End I nodded, a soft smile still on my lips, Quote Begin Sorry.Quote End She had enough to deal with already without worrying about me, and I could hear the emotion in her voice.

Quote Begin And he's never tried to make contact?Quote End I asked, softly, carefully, arm still protectively round her shoulder. I needed to know. Not out of curiosity, but my own worry. I didn't want him turning up, or even still tormenting her, beyond what the memories must have done. Secretly, I hoped the this might be like other stories common in the news. Someone goes crazy, kills a bunch of people, and more often than not, offs themselves at the end too. It hurt a little to think of Sage dead, but he obviously wasn't the Sage I knew anymore. And that way at least he wouldn't be able to hurt Sof anymore. Or anyone else, either.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Nope.  And to be honest, I don't think I would ever want him to. I mean, what if in his mindset I'm considered unfinished business. He had every intention to kill me right then, in the basement, with that knife, but yet here I am. If he were to find me, who says he wouldn't just kill me right away. I spoke quick, my heart pounding against the wall of my chest. The thought of Sage being within a hundred feet from me makes my stomach turn. How could I be in the same room with a murderer, my brother, and not knowing what he would do. I reflect back to the moment I returned to Index and all the times I thought I saw him, but then he vanished into thin air.

Although the possibility of an encounter had me thinking. I wonder if I would even recognize him? We were twins, close to being identical, but since he was now on the run he probably would have changed his appearance. Plus, ten years can weigh in on a person.  You know, I've wondered that if he is still out there, if he made a life for himself, like growing a family and having a job. I murmured.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics