setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air - Page 5

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:00 pm

I'd been prepared to listen, but I didn't have a concrete idea as to what. I was still assuming it was boyfriend problems. Maybe Sof just feeling down. I definitely hadn't expected her to just throw her history into the open and voice the very issue that had kept cropping up in my mind again and again. While I thought of it often I'd never thought that it would go beyond being the forever unmentioned subject.

Quote Begin Oh.Quote End I let out a breath, face to face with Sof. I took a second to wonder why she'd broken physical contact, worrying that she wasn't prepared for what she was asking me to do, but now there was no way for me to avoid it. I took a deep breath, let it out, and smiled.

Quote Begin Well, to start, I'm sorry about the walking on eggshells. I haven't known where to start. Even now..Quote End I sighed into a small chuckle and walked a step away, looking out over the woods before turning back to Sof, Quote Begin You want me to lay it all on you? Okay, sure.Quote End I paused again, trying to collect my thoughts. As much as I'd thought about the topic so much, it didn't make it any easier to put into physical words. Quote Begin It's not questions, so much as I don't really know what happened. I wasn't here when it did and so all I know about it is the rumors I've heard, things other people have told me. Half of them I'm not sure if they're exaggerated or even true and...Quote End I looked at Sof, shaking my head, Quote Begin Mayeb it's stupid, but I worry about you, and because I don't know what's happened sometimes I wonder when I've said things that could make things bad for you. If you are comfortable telling me, then go ahead and of course I'll listen, but... I want you to be telling me for you, not for me.Quote End I said, hoping I'd been clear. W

hat I wanted least, though, was to set some trigger off for Sof and have her break down in the middle of the woods. I'd planned the hike as a way to try and bring her out of her shell and be a good experience for her, not just another negative one, because while I didn't know exactly what had happened to her family, it was obviously very negative.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:04 am

I started to bite on the inside of my lip as I waited for him to finish while my mind was already sorting out how the conversation was going to go, in hopes to avoid having an emotional breakdown or say the wrong thing. But I stopped myself, that wasn't what I wanted. I wanted everything that left my mouth to come from my heart, not head. 

I let a small sigh of relief when he finally broke the air, and I never felt more ready. First off, please don't be sorry. I know this topic isn't all that easy to bring up so I get why you would be worried to say something wrong. It didn't come as a surprise to hear him say he was pretty much flying blind with the situation, the news media kept the situation very vague. I remember the headline, "Family of Four Found Dead, One Lives." In that article, they vaguely mentioned that the son was the killer, which of course left everyone to come up with their own conspiracy theories. I mean, you remember those guys at the coffee shop and what they were saying...And how it set me off. But I'm sad to say this, I've heard worse. What they said was nothing compared to what I've heard, it was the fact they knew who I was and continued to say that shit. Nobody understands. I shook my head and looked at the ground, kicking a brown stone into the nearby bush.  I'll always be a little sensitive to some things, but not to the point where I'll bawl my eyes out. I haven't shed a tear since their funeral, Ru. I admit and look up at him.  For ten years, it's felt as if I've turned part of my humanity off. I want this Rupert, I want to feel some sort of closure. I feel like the only way for me to move on, is to finally talk to someone. I refused any offer for a therapist, because at the time I wanted to shove all that grieve and anger into a box, not belch it out to someone who only sees a broken human being and money bags. I heard the tone of my voice shift. I felt the depths of my stomach burning up, and it felt good, the corners of my lips turned upward into a small grin.  It is for me.

A part of me felt bad I was turning this peaceful hike into an episode of Dr. Phil. But there didn't seem like a more perfect place. The cool air, musk of pine tree, light chirping of birds on the branches above us. I felt a sense of tranquility here, and I knew I wouldn't back at my house in the stuffed up living room. I was getting nothing but good vibes in these environment.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:03 pm

I smiled fondly at Sof, it fading as my heart ached for her. It was awkward, because I really didn't like these sort of situations. I wasn't an in-deep sort of guy. Sure, I was willing to listen and I'd always be there for friends, but in reality deep, emotional conversations had a skin-crawling effect. I didn't mind if they were superficial. Listening and then giving a quick hug or gesture of sympathy and then going on like the problem wasn't there any more, I could deal with that. But with Sof, it wasn't difficult to realise that this problem wasn't just going to go away quickly.

She was my friend though, and I'd known her the longest out of any of my current friends I was in contact with, so I felt I owed her the decency of listening at least. Of course I was curious too. But it was a morbid curiosity, one that I didn't really want to admit to.

Quote Begin Y'know, some therapists can be good, probably as good as others are shitty. I don't think I told you that's what my mom does now. Or counselling, really. She went all new-age hippie a few years back.Quote End I let out a smile, showing that I was just being friendly. I was still a little reluctant to talk about some things, even with mom going on about 'sharing feelings' all the time. It had become one of her many mantras and while it worked for her, I still didn't enjoy it.

I sighed, lowering myself into the conversation that was already incredibly emotional. And I did have questions I wanted to ask - so many questions.

Quote Begin Yeah, I remember what they said. I've.. heard a few things like that, here and there, just small comments, especially from people I used to know. But.. I'd rather hear it from you.Quote End I walked closer and gently brushed Sof's arm. Quote Begin A part of me... still can't believe what happened. Sage...Quote End I shook my head and glanced to Sof, remembering the person her brother had been. If anything I'd been closer to him than to Sof when we were younger. We were always playing, in each others yards... we grew up together. And to think of what he'd becomes... Quote Begin Was it out of the blue?Quote End I asked, softly. One question at a time seemed best... I didn't want to overwhelm her.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm

I let out a laugh when he informs me his mom's new passion in life. I can so see your mom doing that. I returned the smile, although it doesn't reach my eyes as I sensed how uncomfortable Ru was. I wasn't sure if I should keep going, I mean, he did say he would listen, but I'll just have to continue and see.  If I were to ever see a therapist, I would only see your mom. Although I doubt she would get much out of me.

The slightest brush against my arm sent chills down my spine. I didn't want to take it the wrong way, I wasn't sure if it was my heightened sense or what, but his gestures were very unusual, the gentle caresses and small distance between us. It had to be the heightened senses screwing with my mind and I would very much appreciate it if they would cut it out, I already have enough of that shit with Benjamin, I don't think I can take anymore. 

I know this is going to sound terrible, but no it wasn't. Because he had just gotten back from a trip he took with a couple of friends to Miami for spring break, and he wasn't himself. I shook my head in response, that week was just, off. Sage barely spoke to anyone, he was very quiet and easily startled.  And I can't help but to blame myself in a way. He was my twin brother for crying out loud, me and him...We were close. He may have avoided me in school at all costs, but when it was just us, he didn't hide anything from me...But that week, he never looked at me once in the eye. No matter how hard I tried to get him to talk to me, he avoided me as if his life depended on it. My parents and I had no clue what to make of his situation, we figured something happened on the trip, but we didn't know how drastic or if it was nothing. Then he just...broke. I murmured, finally meeting his eyes.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:40 pm

I cracked a smile, unable not to when thinking of my mom. Quote Begin She'd give it her best try though.Quote End I joked back, nudging Sof's arm to try in some sore attempt to lift the mood.

I didn't know why I was trying, really, and let my smile drop. It felt out of place. The conversation was one that wasn't going to be light, or warm, and there was no sense in trying to force it to be. It was time to be serious and let Sofia offload her concerns, not worry about my own discomfort over the topic.

It was so difficult trying to imagine Sage as Sofia described. All of it was tough to actually think of, like something unreal. And yet it wasn't.

There was a slight pause after Sof spoke as I took in the information. Her last sentence was so loaded, bringing so many questions to my mind. One sat on my tongue and I even opened my mouth to ask it. What happened?

But I paused, a thought striking me and erasing the words from the tip of my tongue. My mind had strayed to what Sage might have done from what I'd heard, the blood... and my stomach turned, along with it the cogs in my mind as I realised what a big mistake I'd been about to make. When it came down to it, I didn't think I honestly wanted to know any details, not after having the chance.

I moved my hand to rub at Sof's arm again, eyes searching hers. Quote Begin If you want to tell me what else happened then, go ahead... but y'know the most important thing?Quote End A sad smile slipped onto my face as I looked down at Sof, Quote Begin That you're still here.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics