setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air - Page 4

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:13 pm

I could feel my chest tightening and breathing becoming hoarse, but no way was I going to slow down. I rest my hands on my hips and take in deep breaths. In a way, it was very uplifting to hear Ru enthuse so passionately about the outdoors. Since he's not nearly as passionate about literature as I am and I don't see him ever being as passionate, I'm more than happy to see him passionate about something relaxing such as the great outdoors. The times we spent up here, I felt alive too. I grinned down at the dirt and gravel. I thought it would be wise to take baby steps in approaching the topic at hand. 

The hikers coming into view startled me, my mind immediately thinking of Benjamin. Better late than never, I thought. But after analyzing each of their features, he wasn't one of them. My face softens and I shoot them a small smile, staying constant with Ru's pace.  That actually sounds amazing. It's been years since I've done anything like that. I'm pretty sure the last time was when we all went rafting, and it was all fun and games until I fell out of the raft.  I rolled my eyes thinking back to the memory.  Of course I fall out!  I exclaim, breaking into a fit of giggles. 

His grip around my arm felt a lot tighter than it should be, as if the bone was crushing into shreds right in this palm, causing a gasp to escape my lips. I'm still getting used to the whole heightened sensitivity thing, but how does one get used to something like this? I obeyed, my eyes following his but not taking long to see what he was talking about, and the pain from earlier slowly vanishing.

Oh my god... I breathed. I was speechless. I have traveled across the world, seen some of the most beautiful views, and yet, Index still manages to capture my heart. As I regained myself, the throbbing began to resurface on my arm that Ru was still holding onto. I freed my arm from his grasp and exhaled.  Damn, are you the Hulk or something? I joked, worrying he might worry as to why I pulled away.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:36 am

I turned from the breath-taking scenery to Sof, my awed smiled turning to a frown and I flung my hand away from her. Quote Begin Are you okay?Quote End I asked, surprised and slightly concerned. I hadn't held her that tight- had I? Quote Begin Heh, no, I'm no hulk... I thought I knew my own strength though.Quote End I said. I sounded vague as I spoke, eyes tracking the area I'd held Sof's arm. It was unusual, because I was sure I did know my own strength, and that I hadn't really held her arm that hard.

I tried to shrug it off, but it was difficult knowing I'd unintentionally hurt her. Quote Begin Well, maybe we'd better give the river-rafting a miss if you practically bruise from me just touching you.Quote End I tried to joke, taking a step away from the ledge.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Just as I expected, my little diversion didn't do its job.  I'm fine, really. I forced a smile, in hopes it would ease Ru. I tried to play it cool and avoid raising red flags, but it came as a surprise to see him react the way he did.  I'm basically all skin and bones, remember?  It was true though. Out of everyone on this planet he was well aware my lack of fitness and built. I had legs, but that was about it. 

I took a step back as he did, knowing the slightest breeze will make me lose my balance and plummet to my death.  Oh don't be like that. What's the fun of that. I pout, a small giggle leaving me. I walk pass him to regroup on the trail, wondering if now would be good to initiate that talk. With my back facing him, I didn't think twice as I finally blurted out.  I want to talk, Ru.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Quote Begin Well, what fun can we have with someone that's 'all skin and bone'?Quote End I shot back at Sof, my tone teasing and soft as I followed her back round to the trail.

I hung back a second when she stopped, watching Sofia's back and contemplating, my gaze lingering very slightly on her legs. Even without the body language, what and how Sof spoke was enough for me to feel concerned, enough for me to cock my head and continue watching her back as I closed the distance in between us. Fine, really? - even when she'd said it the words were suspect. With the contrasting way Sof was acting that phrase just stuck out more like a sore thumb.

I walked up right next to Sof and put my arm around her shoulder, tilting her head and leaning closer so I could look deeply into her eyes. Quote Begin You know whenever you want to talk, Sof, I'm there to listen. So hit me - I'm all ears. Quote End I said softly and with a small, warm smile, not breaking eye contact. I squeezed her shoulder encouragingly. Quote Begin You want to talk, I'm here to listen.Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 pm

It's happening, this talk is really happening. I couldn't tell if I was relieved, or scared out of my goddamn mind. Will he want to change the subject after he finds out what I want to talk about? Will he feel unconformable? Or what if he just doesn't care? All these "what if" questions flooded my mind before I even spoke a single word. I was lost with words. How do you bring up the past that you've been trying for years and years to forget. In this moment I'm thankful he didn't acquire the same heightened senses I have so he couldn't hear how heavy my breathing has become or the drumming sound coming from my chest.

Well...I, uh.. I stuttered, trying to wrap my head around the fact how close we had gotten in the matter of seconds. In a way it was comforting, yet very strange. Although I know high school Sofia is jumping with joy. I looked away from his eyes and cleared my throat, attempting to use words again.  I don't want there to be anymore walking on eggshells. I want to clear the air... Feeling my heart rate speed up, I pause and take a deep breath before spitting it out.  I want to clear the air about what happened to my family, and I.  

I took a step forward and turned to face him, tucking my hands into the vest pockets.  But I'm sure you have quite a few questions that need answers. I want to hear them, and please don't hold anything back. No more trying to protect me, Ru. Lay it all on me.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics