setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air - Page 3

[Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Breath of Fresh Air

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:34 am

Quote Begin It's a brilliant idea.. but it's depressing?Quote End I teased, my tongue piercing clicking against my teeth when I grinned. Quote Begin I just think they'd be great for long car journeys. Or when you're doing something else... you know I don't like reading enough to set aside time for doing it, there's other things I'd rather do.Quote End I said, never having a problem with explaining things so clearly to Sof. Other people may have found my candidness about disliking their greatest hobby insulting, but I'd known Sof long enough and felt comfortable about telling her anything. Even if it was my aloof attitude towards her beloved books. I wasn't going to take it personally if she didn't like loud music, gaming, or even web design. If anything it'd probably amuse me, and that definitely told me I'd been spending too long around Gabe. Quote Begin Well shit, I hope it doesn't fail and I don't know if I'm the agent type exactly. But when you finally write a book I can make you a website.Quote End I nudged her back again.

I couldn't help a sly grin at what Sof said, Quote Begin Well I'm not exactly interested in meeting men, in the flesh or not.Quote End In fact, that was a bit of a gross image and I tried not to dwell on it too long. The only male flesh I wanted involved in any romantic interests was mine.

Quote Begin Reading hour? You read all day.Quote End I teased, a grin still plastered on my face even though I felt more than a little awkward, side-eying Sof's head on my shoulder but not voicing my concerns. I considered Sof a friend, but sometimes she had me worrying that she was a little clingy. Other times I even found myself wondering if she was attached to me beyond friendship and how difficult that could make moving out when I felt it was the right time. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy living with Sof, or even that I didn't find her attractive, but the homey domesticness we'd experienced living together wasn't what I pictured for the rest of my life. I'd been toning it down a bit to live with Sof - listening to music with headphones and trying to live on a normal-ish sleep schedule rather than gaming or working all night, but only because I knew it was short term. Of course I hadn't actually bought anyone back to hers either. I just knew that would end up being awkward.

Quote Begin Hey, I've loved living with you.. it's just I need my own space. Especially with my business getting off the ground. But hey, I'll still come see you, and you'll have to see my place - if it all goes through okay.Quote End I smiled, trying to keep it light and hoping Sof wouldn't suddenly go off into the deep end. The last thing I wanted was my leaving to make her relapse or go into a dark place... but at the same time I couldn't stay forever either.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:17 pm

I fear that if I listened to an audio book on a road trip that my mind would roam elsewhere, which isn't a good thing. In other words, the book was probably boring as hell. If a book can't keep me entertained when it's being read out loud, then it most likely wouldn't be any different if I had the physical copy in my hands. I nodded my head, it was no surprise Ru didn't develop a love for books overnight. I wonder if that's because he hasn't found his favorite type of genre. Perhaps a possible house warming gift? Unless I wanted those books to turn into a side table, I think I'll pass. I'm all set it seems,a  possible audio book, a website. Now all I need is to actually write a damn book.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Hey, not all day.  Lately it seems I've cut down my reading hour when I realized that was the time I thought of Benjamin most. Instead I would occupy myself by doing the dishes, laundry, going out in town, but making sure I was plugged into music since it kept my thoughts about him to the minimum. Although that wouldn't help when I would spy him around every corner.

I know, and I can't tell you how thankful I am. But I'm not the same Sofia you first met who was terrified to be alone, I'm actually ready for my own space too...Also because I'm tired of you stinking up the place after you go on a jog. I wasn't sure I meant every single word, or if I was trying to convince myself I would be okay. I lifted my head and stood up from the bench, stretching my lower back before turning to him.  Okay beach bum, you ready to continue this adventure?

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Quote Begin Hey, you said it.Quote End I grinned, properly looking at Sof for the first time since the hike, almost assessing her.

Thinking about moving out like this actually made start to miss it already. Quote Begin Is that it? My stink scaring away all you gentleman callers'? Quote End I grinned, finger quoting and standing to join her, Quote Begin And yeah, you're doing great - really great. But.. you know, me moving out, I hope it won't change things? You're still practically my oldest friend. You want to tell me stuff, or just need someone to talk to... I'll just be a phone call or drive away. And you won't have to deal with my snoring either. Quote End I gave her a nudge with my elbow, smiling. I might have wanted my own space, but I did still care about Sofia. If anything I thought of her as a little sister, which didn't completely make sense with her being older than me, but it was always the vibe that I received. If I'd had any siblings, I was sure it would have felt similar to when I worried about Sof. A part of me wanted to share my feelings, how strongly I felt about her in that way - but I never would, not with what her actual brother had done to her. I didn't need to be associated with that, thanks...

Quote Begin I'm ready if you are.Quote End I slapped Sof's back, trying to walk slow, Quote Begin And hey, you start, and I'll walk with you. I'll only go too fast again.Quote End I tried my best apologetic grin, knowing it was true and Sof would just end up eating my dust, Quote Begin Being out here just gets me all pumped and excited, if I really get started I can't stop. Hey... did you hear about that river rafting thing coming up soon?Quote End I asked suddenly, thinking it might be exactly the thing to suck Sof into an outdoorsy lifestyle. I couldn't help feeling partially responsible for providing distractions for her too, preventing her drifting back into a depression.

Back to top Go down

Sofia Rin | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Precisely. You're being a, what's that name again... I pondered, tapping my index finger on my lip.  A cock block? Yeah that's it. The corner of my lip formed into a smirk. It was very gratifying to feel so care free in the moment, being able to say sarcastic yet immature things to each other and have the other be completely okay with it.  Don't get all sappy with me just yet, Ru. For what seems like a lifetime, I gave him a genuine smile.  Of course it won't. You're not getting rid of me that easily. I turned away when I felt the lump in my throat, the last thing I wanted is for Ru to see the emotional mess that is Sofia Rin. I guess hearing those words were just what I needed to hear, the words of reassurance, to know that I have someone who won't be going anywhere anyime soon. I took a deep breath before continuing,  And good, because your snoring was beginning to get out of hand.

Because we all know how that went when you started. I shook my head as I started up the trail. I can see that, you mean business when you're up here. I turned around but proceeded to walk backwards. I have not, but I'm sure you'll tell me all about it. I winked, facing forward again before I had the likely possibility of injuring myself by walking into a tree or a fellow hiker.

Back to top Go down

Rupert Hemmingway |

Posted on Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 am

Quote Begin You haven't heard your snoring.Quote End I shot back, and continued up the trail after Sof, forcing myself to keep to her pace..

I couldn't help take in a series of deep breaths as we waled, my hands pulling on the straps of my backpack for something to do. Quote Begin Business is the furthest thing up here makes you want to think about... it's just- invigorating.Quote End I said, looking out over shrubs and trees, the sun twinkling in the distance. Quote Begin I've never felt as alive as when I'm out here.Quote End I admitted.

The trail steered upwards again and I struggled not to simply bound up the incline, sticking to Sof's side as best as I could. Quote Begin It's just a camping thing coming up in a few weeks - you should come. There'll be rafting over the river, putting up tents, a campfire and a good old singalong probably, all under the trees in the great outdoors.Quote End A trio of hikers passed us, all grins as they went down and I raised my hand and voice in a quick greeting back to them before they were gone again.

Quote Begin Hey, look - this way.Quote End I grabbed Sof's arms and tugged her to the side of the trail where another, less worn footpath lay under the grass. It only took a few steps to get us on the other side of tall bushes. There wasn't much room, just a meter square of ground or so before it fell away into a sheer drop. I made sure to keep a hand on Sof's arm just in case. Quote Begin Look.Quote End I instructed, my voice hushed, and I pointed to the scene in front of us.

The dirt ground we were on dropped straight into a river bank, weeds and plants snaking along the almost vertical ground with the river rushing along below, some old trees even having fallen down across the river with an assortment of vines hanging off of them. The water glinted in the sunlight, the only sound audible was the river and birdsong as they flew about between the trees and called to each other. I could hardly tear my eyes away.

Quote Begin Amazing, isn't it?Quote End I glanced back to Sof, a soft smile on my face. Sights like this were the reasons I'd come back to Index. It never failed to take my breath away.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics