setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Crinkle cut fries - Page 2

[Private] Crinkle cut fries

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Crinkle cut fries

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:13 pm

I raised an eyebrow, letting a sly smirk sneak onto my face. Quote Begin I do, do I? Maybe I need reminding.Quote End I challenged back. What was there between Michelle and I? I still wasn't sure, but there was something, even under all the complications and time apart. Whether it would surface or not, I didn't know, but I was going to enjoy myself in the meantime - and just be me. Travelling around had opened my mind to a lot of things, made me think, debate and really analyse aspects of life, but most importantly it had reminded me who I was.

Quote Begin Yeah, I'm her number one fan. You should see the tattoo I got.Quote End I joked, but managing to pull it off with a serious expression. I dropped the act quickly though, wanting to get past the actual reason as soon as possible. Quote Begin I had some money from when my mom died. That, combined with the fact I stayed with people I knew, or friends' of friends', or worked for board, and hitchhiked between places... it was only the flights that really cost anything.Quote End I said simply, with a small shrug. Whereas before I'd been loathe to spend the money mum had left, feeling it selfish to spend it on myself, this had seemed right. I couldn't explain it exactly, but it had just fitted.

Michelle's avoidance of my actual question didn't go amiss, but Rupert took that opportune time to return and I didn't want to get involve him in any of that dodgy shit, so I frowned, but left it for the moment. I hadn't asked about any of the asshats who'd created so many problems - I'd asked about her. Quote Begin Sure, take a seat. You make a prettier seat buddy than this goof here.Quote End I motioned to Rupert with a grin. He'd slowed when he neared the table, obviously confused where the third party had come from, but seemed to take it in his stride. He quickened his pace again and slid into the seat opposite us. Quote Begin Mishy, meet Rupert. Rupert, meet Mishy.Quote End Rupert executed a little mock wave and grinned, giving me a curious look. Quote Begin Nice to meet you.Quote End He said to Michelle, beaming his hundred watt smile at her. I just rolled my eyes - couldn't the dude turn the charm off for five seconds?

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:18 am

Even though there was no way I could have known, I felt like shit for bringing up something that was probs a touchy subject. Luckily, he didn't seem bothered too bad, and I was just going to nodd and move on to the next subject. I wasn't the kind to poke and prod with shit like that. Luckily that was when the waitress finally appeared and decided to take my order.

"Do you know what you'd like, Miss?"
Dr. Pepper and an order of chili cheese fries would be awesome, thanks! And thankfully she didn't stick around for small talk, but there was suddenly a new face at the table. Well, of course I couldn't have assumed Gabe was here on his own. I was just thankful it wasn't some girlfriend type so this didn't have to be mad awkward. Would I have been pissed? I really don't know, but I wouldn't have been surprised the way my life had been going. I grinned as Gabe picked at his friend and I took a moment to check him out. Honestly, how could I not? I mean yeah, he was hot and that smile.... Man I really needed to learn how to read people. Did people who smiled like that do it all the time? Or did they reserve it for yanno... when they were enjoyin' the view? Fuck I felt like it was conceited of me to even think that way.

Hey, Rupert, I said and returned the slight wave. Rupert. Did people name kids that anymore? Like... wasn't that Stewey's teddy bear on Family Guy? Didn't matter. Names were just fucking names, right?

So uuhh, you just got back, huh? How the hell did you travel to all these places and force yourself to come back to this shithole? I said, though I was somewhat kidding. I sorta liked it here. It had all I needed: internet and a way to get food. Seattle wasn't that far away. I went to a shitty local college but a degree was a degree, right?

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:35 pm

I let my arms stretch out over the back of the seat again, rolling my shoulders and relaxing. It was so easy to take such small things for granted - until you were sat holed up in a narrow, cramped airplane seat for hours on end.

Quote Begin You're bitching to the wrong people Mish, you've practically sat at the National Index Lover's appreciation table.Quote End I grinned, and Rupert nodded in agreement. I still wanted to kick him under the table for the way he'd smiled at Mishy though. Quote Begin Yeah, I like it here.Quote End He said, and I grinned in agreement. Quote Begin Guess if we like living in a shithole then that makes us the shit, huh?Quote End I laughed, shaking my head. That was what I loved about Michelle though, her stark honesty about things. Quote Begin But yeah, literally just got back, so sorry if I'm not the Prince Charming you expected - haven't had my beauty sleep yet.Quote End

The waitress came back with our drinks, Rupert checking which soda was diet and me rolling my eyes. I reached over for my coffee and practically inhaled the first sip, not even caring that it was hot as fuck and burned as it went down. Quote Begin Jokes aside, this place might not have a raging music scene or anything like Cali, or be anything like any of the places I've seen, but... it's home. And if you think that makes us both fucking nuts for thinking that - you sat at our table, give us five and we'll be brainwashing you into thinking this place is the shit.Quote End I grinned, starting to perk up even at the slight intake of coffee. Maybe it was just the warmth soaking in, leaving me feeling contented.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Oh, is that what this meeting's all about then? I asked, looking up at Gabe beside me. The shit? I don't know if I'd go that far, but then again I don't know Rupert here very well yet. Admittedly, although the conversation was steam rolling ahead, which was fine, there was an elephant in the room that couldn't be addressed until Gabe and I were alone. And fuck, I really would rather not address the elephant honestly. I wanted to know where the cards were without having to actually talk about it. That wasn't going to happen, so for now, I would just be a friend. No flirting, well no more than usual, and fuck, if I wanted to flirt with Rupert too, I sure as fuck would.

And just what makes you think I expected a prince charming? Or even want prince charming? Maybe while you were gone I decided I'd rather go with the princess. I shot Rupert a raised eyebrow and mischievous grin, and wondered if Gabe would call my bluff.

I grabbed my Dr. Pepper and slammed the first like.. quarter of it through the straw. Fuck, I'd been more thirsty than I realized. That, or the shit was laced with crack. No, you're not wrong. I mean maybe it's not "the shit" but it really isn't a bad place. I mean, yanoo, no one has broken into my car yet. And I have internet, so all in all it's a win.

I shot a glance to the kitchen, knowing I wouldn't even want my food to be ready yet because that would mean it had been sitting ready under a heat lamp for hours, but damn I was hungry and chili cheese fries? Yes, please.

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:32 pm

I knew exactly why I didn't like the way Rupert grinned at Michelle, and the fact she mirrored that expression back. As far as bad qualities go, I never thought jealousy was technically that bad a quality. It didn't even extend to all parts of my life - I couldn't give two damns what clothes or car or job someone else had. But if I liked someone and they showed affection to another person - straight in front of me, too - that ugly green monster reared it's head. Did I even have a right to be jealous? I'd basically gone off and left Michelle, and though it'd been with good enough reasons, for all I knew she could have had a boyfriend by now. I didn't expect her to wait for me. I wanted her to wait for me, but they were two different things. And wait for what? We'd never had anything concrete, just nearly this' and chances we hadn't quite taken. Talking would be good to find out exactly what I was waiting for and what still was possible, but with Third-Wheel-Rupert here that was going to be next to impossible.

Quote Begin You should escape while you can then, while you've still got the chance to not know him. And his endless stories about Index's apparently amazing hiking trails and mountains and how we should all go live on one - no internet there, is there, huh, Rupes? Or maybe you should stick around - he looks really good in a dress. You could save him from some mountain goat on one of his expeditions.Quote End I grinned at Rupert, but narrowed my eyes at him a moment later. He didn't seem to notice, and I didn't blame him. I hadn't exactly mentioned Mishy to him before so he had no reason to believe she was off limits from his attentions. Either way, he was always fun to banter with. Unlike a lot of people I met, he wasn't afraid to give it back.

So of course, Rupert just smiled. Quote Begin Don't listen to him - the trails are beautiful and what makes the town for me. And, huh....Quote End His smiled turned smirk and I wondered what ammo he had ready to fire back at me, Quote Begin I wasn't the one who used to wear my sister's clothes.Quote End

I was willing to bet the only reason for that was that Rupert didn't have a sister, but I just shrugged and grinned, basking in the weirdness of that revelation. Quote Begin Shit, Mish,Quote End I tilted my head down towards her, and moved my hand that was resting on the back of the seat to brush at Michelle's shoulder, letting my arm hang down and using it to pull her closer at the same time. Misinterpret that, Mr Incredible Hike. Quote Begin Now it all makes sense - I'm the princess. Guess that makes you my prince, huh? When you get round to doing anything.. maybe some other Prince'll come along.Quote End I flounced my hair in as dramatic a fashion as I could, which wasn't much as it was limp and needed washing, and then glanced back to Michelle with a smirk. Quote Begin Or did you find some other princess?Quote End I asked, one eyebrow arched. What I wanted to know was that if she had found someone else.. what was she doing sitting here with me?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics