setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Crinkle cut fries - Page 4

[Private] Crinkle cut fries

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Crinkle cut fries

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Quote Begin I've already seen enough of Gabe to last me a lifetime, thanks, you two can go it alone.Quote End Rupert said easily, picking up his burger with both hands. Quote Begin Playboy? Don't say shit that'll go to his fuzzy head. And, sharing,Quote End I thrust Michelle's drink under her nose, but kept the cup within my grip, Quote Begin Like you apparently want to do with your pants.Quote End I raised one eyebrow at her. After Charlotte being Miss Priss and scowling whenever I joked about something that wasn't GRRR MANLY or bordered on or just destroyed the edge of a gender stereotype, Mishy's acceptance and banter was refreshing. Shit, it was like I was just hanging out with the guys with her and Rupes.

I'd grabbed one of mine with one hand, taking another massive bite that I lazily chewed through, waiting to see what Rupert would say. I raised an eyebrow at him, prompting him. It would've been a warning but I was intrigued as to what exactly he'd say rather than worried - and wanted the opportunity for a laugh if he did come out with something ridiculous.

He grinned widely first, then took a second to thought, making a little show of it. It was nice to know I'd corrupted him a little in the years we'd known each other, or at least I liked to put certain things he did down to my influence.

Quote Begin Crushes? Well, he's practically a serial monogamist, and it's not so much a crush as he'll camp outside your house and scare any other guys away.Quote End Rupert chuckled, then nodded his head and lapsed back into seriousness. Quote Begin But really... probably just be comfortable with them. Maybe a little obsessive... Quote End He saw the raised eyebrow I was giving him, Quote Begin Yep, I'm just serial killer material right here.Quote End I interrupted, grinning widely, and Rupert let out a small laugh. Quote Begin Determined? Let's go with determined. Intense? I'm probably not much help with this, now's the only time I've known him while he's single and we've been separated by oceans for a few months too.Quote End Rupert was obviously trying to be helpful, but had given up with a small shrug.

To stop Rupert's rambling and just damn awful attempts at psycho babble, I let out a sharp laugh and signaled that I was taking over. I turned to Mishy, let my eyes meet hers, narrowed and unblinking. Quote Begin If I've got a crush on someone, Mishy, they know.Quote End I said, my gaze never moving, but a slow smirk forming on my face.

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:18 am

Oh, this was headed down that territory fast, or was it just my mind? I raised my brows with a dubious smile as soon as Rupert said the words, go it alone. I took a drink of my soda, because that is what I’d wanted, but gave Gabe a dirty look when his hand didn’t leave the cup. Then again, I knew the fucker was hungry and for those messy burgers he would eventually need to let go of my soda. Fat girl wants her sugar water, mkay?

So I was regretting my question, at least a little bit. It was kind of the obvious, wasn’t it? Maybe I was outing myself a little? When really.. I liked Gabe, shit that should be pretty obvious, but I still felt the need to tread carefully. This could be Gio all over again, in a different way. God, at least maybe Gabe wouldn’t turn into a fucking creature at the end - literally.

Aaww, that’s a shame, I never get anyone camping outside my apartment. I looked at my wad of fries and chili and as much as I figured it was supposed to be a finger food, I wasn’t about to attempt it with these dudes around. It wasn’t about being proper. It was about the fact that they would catch any bit of misplaced food and run with it. I grabbed my fork and cut off an amazing bite covered in shredded cheddar and chili and scarfed it down. Oh, shit, can I live on this stuff? Please?

My eyes darted back between the two as they talked, wondering if I should poke a little deeper into the matter, or pass it off and turn it into a sort of… truth or dare game. But without the dare. Because shit, I knew enough about Gabe to know that not many dares would be out of the question for him, and I wasn’t feeling like getting kicked out of the diner. I was too hungry.

Aaww, but now you’re back together, I grinned, and admittedly I wondered if Gabe had mentioned me to anyone, other than obviously the two I’d met at the open mic nite, which dammit, I hadn’t seen them around. I was terrible with names as it was, so the fact that I couldn’t remember their names didn’t surprise me, but it was still annoying. I’d been cautious about mentioning Gabe to Maggie. Even though I did suspect he would eventually come back, I played it off to Maggie as though he wouldn’t. Which backfired. It had meant that any guy who walked into Mad Platter was fair game for her to basically push our faces together and make us kiss. What the hell was up with that? I understood the mentality of not wanting to be the only drunk, but the only one getting laid? For her, shouldn’t that be something to brag about? Maybe she wanted details. Was that creepy or normal? I know I didn’t want her details, but I sure got them anyway.

Oh, do they now? I blurted, my tone a little more questioning and incredulous than I’d wanted it to be. Fuck, so much for slamming the brakes on that. It was just too easy for me to go down that road apparently. Abort, abort, abort, right?

I think this is fun. Let’s see just how many secrets I can get from the two of you.

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:18 am

Damn, this/ was why I'd wanted a burger so badly. I wasn't a major foodie, but the taste was enough to for my eyes to flicker slightly closed and for me to actually finish each mouthful and continue eating rather than let usually more interesting things divert my attention.

Quote Begin Or you've just never seen anyone.Quote End I smirked between bites, three quarters of the first burger gone already. Quote Begin Maybe I didn't go out of the country at all. Quote End I smiled maddeningly at Michelle, and then snorted. Rupert was busy enjoying his food, chewing away and just inputting a small expression or chuckle here and there.

I finished off the first burger, in record time if I did say so myself, and put Michelle's soda down so I could pull her closer. Quote Begin Rupester doesn't have any secrets, he's just a boring hipster. Except his hair. Total Jewfro if he grows it out.Quote End I looked down at Mishy, watching her eyes through the lenses of her glasses. Rupert's exasperated laugh and comment barely made it to my ears, Quote Begin Remind we why we're friends again? And Gabe, you know I'm not even Jewish, you albino fuck.Quote End

Quote Begin Yeah, they always know.Quote End I told Michelle quietly, keeping eye contact and closing the distance between us, noses almost touching and her breathing audible before I changed my mind and suddenly pulled away. Shit, I wasn't that cheesy. And while I wanted to kiss her, I didn't want to do it with stuffy plane-burger breath and in front of an audience like this either. My eyes rolled to the side to glance back at her, and I smirked. Quote Begin Anyway, aren't we playing faair, Miss Mishy? Isn't it my turn to ask a question?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:25 pm

The deeper into my fries I got, the more soggy they were with chili, which sounds like a bad thing, but it wasn't. I was also glad that the boys seemed to be just as hungry as I was. Although, my choice made me a bit self-conscious. Did I have anything in my teeth? Would they even care or notice? I swished around some Dr. Pepper every few bites and did a wipe with my tongue in hopes that it would be a non-issue.

Aawww, damn, I shoulda had you help with rent if you were hangin' out this whole time. Yeah, lots of jokes, but what it boiled down to was that there really might be something. And I couldn't decide whether that something was a good idea or not. I felt like I'd really barely gotten to know Gabe before he left, and little tidbits had faded away at least until now. Had he thought about me? I mean, other than that crazy ass phone call when I had to remind him of that little annoying thing called time zones. I think I was glad I had a bit of a buffer for when we reunited. Why? Well, shit, the flirting had been fun, but I was starting to get hints and vibes from both of these two that Gabe didn't just flirt. But was that necessarily a bad thing?

A Jew and an albino walk into a bar.... I said, cutting a particularly long fry with the edge of my fork. But seriously, grow that shit out.. Ladies love that, I mean.. they wanna touch it and shit and next thing you know... I wasn't looking at him when I said it, I was concentrating particularly on attempting to scoop as much chili as I could onto my fry. Whaddya think, Gabe, think the fro would get him some?

The fuck? Was Gabe going to do this? Here? Now? Whatever, but he was in for some mad breath. Chili and Dr. Pepper? I narrowed my eyes at him, a toothless but sly smirk as he neared. My smirk and overall suspicious affect didn't change, even as he left.

Fine, fire when ready.

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Sat May 02, 2015 7:32 am

Quote Begin Yeah, go for it dude, - grow it out. It worked for Napoleon Dynamite.Quote End I laughed, grinning widely and open-mouthed at Rupert. Quote Begin The chicks love that.Quote End Shit, I could remember his longer hair and it had been hilarious. Quote Begin First step, touching your hair, second step, you're friendzoned and looking after their bags while they go get their nails done. You could keep shit in your hair too, you'd be like a fucking walking, talking purse. How could the ladies not love that?Quote End I nudged Michelle in reponse to her question, sniggering like a little kid planning a prank. Rupert grabbed one of Michelle's fries and threw it at me, only making both of us laugh harder. Quote Begin Whatever, Rapunzel.Quote End Was all he could counter with, grinning wide despite being the butt of the joke.

I turned to Mishy, breathing deeply and letting out a breath, in, out, like I was preparing for something. Quote Begin Okay, Mish... this is a big question, so you might want to take a few to think it over. I totally get it if it takes a while. Quote End I paused, took another deep breath. My expression was stonily serious as I regarded her.

Quote Begin What do you prefer...Quote End I looked her dead in the eye, [b]Quote Begin Captain Crunch, or Froot Loops?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics