setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Crinkle cut fries

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 am

Thread Details

Diner | 54F, 12C, clear | lunchtime

OOC Message
Hair is down and straight. Outfit, but I forgot to add a black hoodie on top :)

Hoodie weather, for I mean.. I don't know how long. It had been so cold that fifty four seemed warm. I had a day off, and I didn't even have Maggie on my back wanting to hang. Man, I was such a shitty friend. She wasn't that bad, but she'd just been really clingy lately. And she didn't even have some guy she was talking about all of the time. I began to wonder if maybe she had been hurt by one of them or maybe... well she did speak differently about that last one. The funny thing in general was that I had a day off, a legit day off from her and work, and I had said to myself I wasn't leaving my apartment, but I looked at the frozen pizza in my freezer and the moldy bread on my counter top and all I could think was nope. And I didn't want McDonald's or even Taco Bell. So I drove around town until I saw the diner. Huh... kind of cozy little place, maybe they had crinkle cut french fries. Those were the best. Or I don't know... I just craved something kind of real, although I didn't really know what that meant.

I walked in and looked around, my strange habit of just checking to see if there was anyone I knew in the place. I claimed I didn't want to see anyone I knew, I wanted to be alone, but I still had to check. I would probably pretend not to see them if I even did see anyone. I saw a few familiar faces, but I wasn't sure. Probably customers.

Do I wait to be seated or-"
"Nah, just find a place, honey, we'll be with ya in a few," answered the waitress behind the counter. I found a seat next to the window, even though it seemed a bit colder I could also feel the sun on my shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Crinkle cut fries

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:58 pm

OOC Message
Wearing this and has a ridiclously large, camping style backpack with him.

Quote Begin You wouldn't be so cold if you were actually wearing anything. You're gonna take some old lady's eye out.Quote End Rupert said through laughter, chuckling away at the two nubs poking through the fabric of my tank. I just shrugged and grinned along with him, enjoying it. Back in the Med I'd thought a jacket would be enough to cope with the cold of Index but I might've been a bit too optimistic. As cold as it was, though, I didn't really give a fuck. I was actually enjoying the reminder that I was back in Index, back at home. Quote Begin I'm just letting my body appreciate the cold again, dude. It's immersion therapy, re-acclimatizing my body to being an icicle and all that shit. Plus those old ladies love it, c'mon.Quote End I smirked at Rupert, raising my eyebrows. I'd also been running out of clean clothes, it being the end of my trip. Even the ones I was wearing weren't exactly fresh as a daisy. That was just travelling for you and I couldn't care less.

I pushed through the doors of the diner and the warmth inside made my cold limbs throb a little. I rubbed my hands together, standing in the entrance a second and appreciatively letting the heat soak through my skin. Okay, I was damned fucking cold - the rise in temperature made me realize that. Quote Begin I could always take you back to your place first. I don't mind coming back here.Quote End Rupert was saying, wearing his goofy knitted hat and scarf like we were in the fucking tundra. We'd gone to the diner straight from the airport and I was tired, feeling greasy and the beginnings of jet lag, but most importantly I was so hungry I'd eat Rupert if he didn't shut his cakehole. Quote Begin Shit, Rupes, shut up and stop perving. If my nipples turn you on so much you can shut your damn eyes, because the first thing I'm doing is getting a burger, and eating the burger, and then probably getting another burger. And if they've changed the chef or recipe since I've been away then I've got my nips all ready to blind people with.Quote End I'd been fantasizing about a burger, a real, fat, greasy, greasy one with extra grease, ever since the pathetic limp turd they'd tried to pass off as a burger on the plane.

Rupert pulled me over to a booth near the window, probably trying to keep our rowdiness and my nipples away from the families and kiddies like a good little citizen. Quote Begin Somebody think of the children!Quote End I mock gasped, and slipped into one side of the booth after dumping my massive holdall on the other, forcing Rupert to push me over and squeeze in next to me. I'd noticed someone sitting behind us but still stretched my arms out over the back of the seat anyway, beyond caring when I'd been cramped in an airplane seat for so long.

I spotted a waitress coming our way but looking to pass us by and angled my hand to flick Rupert's ear. Quote Begin Hey, put that annoying charm of yours to use for once.Quote End Sure enough, Rupert fixed a lazy smile on the woman and she stopped at our table, her cheeks very slightly pink. Quote Begin Hey, are you okay to take our order?Quote End He asked. The waitress bit her lip, obviously thinking, and for a second I thought Rupert'd lost his charm and she was going to pass us off with a just one minute to continue to people who were obviously there ebfore us. But then she stopped and broke out into a proper smile, twirling her pen in her fingers. Quote Begin Sure thing! What d'you want?Quote End She said, smiling down at Rupert, and I snorted. Smooth fucker.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:57 pm

I studied the menu in front of me, a laminated, faded thing with pictures of the food beside almost every entry. The breakfast one kind of cracked me up, as if people needed a picture to know what fucking scrambled eggs were. I found the fries, but it didn't say a thing about how they were cut, but there were steak fries available as well. Hrm. Okay then, I'll bite. Oh, fucking wait a minute. Chili fuckin' cheese fries! Done, everyone else can go home. That's my whole damned meal. And a Dr. Pepper, as if I needed fucking soda but I'll try to stop later. Maybe I won't have to if I start running or something.

I started to look up to see if the waitress was anywhere nearby when my hair tugged as if it was caught in the seat. What the- I turned my head, pulling it loose and knew exactly who the fuck it was when I saw him even from behind. I couldn't help but to think of a million ways to make fun of him, but of course it was all in an endearing way. I stopped myself from saying the first thing that came to mind out loud - you dirtly albino piece of mad cow shit! I didn't know the albino thing would actually be offensive to him. Fuck I didn't know if he was actually albino. But I did have a wicked grin a mile long as I tried to figure out the best way to fuck with him. PS, though, how long had that fucker been back without telling me? I could stay here, alone at this table, and pull some weird annoying shit because I knew he would be oblivious as fuck. Hacking and coughing to an annoying and unrealistic extent? Maybe I could figure out how to chew as loudly as possible. Or I could just get up and hop in the seat beside him and bap him on the head. I guess that would do.

I waited for the waitress to be finished taking their orders, which was shit since I knew I'd gotten here first, but I guess I was nose deep in the menu. When she finally came to me, I held up my finger first as a just one minute sign, and then to my lips as a shush. I began to scoot and she left for the kitchen to put in their orders, shit I wouldn't have expected her to waste her time on me yet. I finally made around and made a point to bump into him when I slid into the booth.

Where ya been, fucker?

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Wright |

Posted on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am

The waitress seemed perturbed at first that the two of us wanted three burgers - damn right I can eat two even if I am as skinny as a starved rake, bitch - but we eventually got the order down, including a few sodas and some coffee so I could stay awake enough to eat the burgers I'd been fantasizing about.

Rupert winked at the waitress as she left, then dragged himself out of his seat, gesturing he was going to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes. I wouldn't put it past him to find a lady in there to smooth talk either, if not on the way back.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the booth, reminding myself I was just resting my eyes, not napping. When there was a thump as someone's ass hit the seat, I frowned, not expecting Rupert back so quick. That had to be the quickest piss known to man.

My eyes shot open and I breathed out a laugh that juddered when she knocked into me. Quote Begin Shit.Quote End I smirked, sitting up from my slouch and narrowing my eyes at her. I shrugged. Quote Begin Oh y'know... Sydney, Berlin, Rome.Quote End The smirk widened into a grin and I lightly punched her shoulder, getting her back for that bump. Quote Begin I just got back, but thanks for the loving welcome, Mishy.Quote End My mind darted back to the whole drama that had happened before I left, something I hadn't let myself think of in weeks. Quote Begin Everything.. okay here?Quote End I asked, tentatively. At the very least I was relieved to see Michelle was okay and apparently unharmed.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Oh, you know I've got loads more welcome where that came from, I said, grinning up at him. Was that sexual innuendo? Or was it not? Fuck I didn't know what I meant by the shit that came from my own lips half the time. This time, I think it might have been at least a little bit. I guess I had had chances to have a little fun here and there while Gabe was gone, shit Rick was chomping at the bit, but I'd held back. It wasn't like Gabe and I had anything official, but there was a part of me that just felt kind of wrong about it. Not like I was missing out on much in this town, and damn I couldn't expect him to turn down some hot tail from around the world, damn what an experience that would be! But either way, it had been too long for at least one of us. 

So, can I just ask, by the way, how the fuck does one get the moolah to travel to all these places? Or.. I pretended to seriously think for a moment, as if I was coming up with the scheme myself, No, I got it. You are actually a Miley Cyrus groupie and you didn't want me to know. 

So, maybe I was hoping that the elephant just wasn't in the room, and honestly it wasn't there for me. It didn't need to be there. I hadn't even seen Vincent or Gio or any of them since I returned Vin's jacket. Really my life had been unaffected so far. To be honest I was a little disappointed. But I was also disappointed that Gabe asked. Should I at least pretend I'm relieved that everything's okay? I figured I'd at least try.

I um... honestly, it sorta just feels like a dream to me. I haven't ran into any of them since. I don't suppose you mind if I crash your table, do you? I remarked, hoping to change the subject as I noticed the waitress walking back towards our little section of the restaurant. She looked slightly unsure of whether I'd made my address at Gabe's table permanent.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics