setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Don't get carried away. - Page 2

[Private] Don't get carried away.

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Don't get carried away.

Erika Richards | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 am

The bartender returned with our drinks and I slid mine towards me across the bar, my rings clinking against the glass when I loosely held it. Quote Begin Aaaaw, thank you.Quote End I put a hand over my heart, sarcasm dripping from my painted lips. I took a sip of Jack, watching Sheriff and savoring the taste upon my tongue. I tilted my head to the side, putting on a show of 'thinking', and returned my glass to the bar. Quote Begin I don't know about the 'only' one willing to do that, Quote End I raised an eyebrow, angling my head so a curtain of hair cascaded over my shoulder, but the most interesting, I might give you that.Quote End A compliment wouldn't hurt, and neither would the sliver of truth behind it. I could vaguely remember that something about the man was supposed to be interesting from Bennigan's. But Halloween had become a dull, fuzzy blur after a bottle of Jack - courtesy of Ren's wallet - and I'd woken up in Seattle the next morning with a handful of poker chips in my pocket and no recollection of how I'd gotten there, just a few snippets of memory mostly from earlier in the evening.

Goofy suit and tie, drowning in cologne and Cuban cigar smoking goons... I let out a snort of laughter, not even bothering to hide it or make it seem ladylike, and then sneered into another gulp of Jack. Quote Begin Shame, it'd be an improvement.Quote End I said, and even though the potential of Sheriff having a dime to his name was diminishing, at least he had a sense of humour to make his obvious wandering eyes bearable. It wasn't even the stares that bothered me. In fact, I expected and relished the attention of people if I dressed up like this, but the pathetic attempts from men to hide the fact they were blatantly staring had lost it's amusement years ago. So they liked boobs. They needed to take a good stare and get the fuck over it already instead of turning into mindless zombies.

Quote Begin My friends?Quote End I crossed my legs around a leg of the barstool and made a big show of looking around, as if searching the bar area. Quote Begin Hmmm.... well,Quote End I turned back to sheriff, one eyebrow arched and obviously unimpressed, Quote Begin maybe they're with yours.Quote End What a question to ask when he was apparently on his own too. I sipped at my drink and decided I should at least throw the guy a bone. I'd thought he was interesting, if I was even remembering straight, and for all I knew it could've been the fatness of his wallet that made him so. One of those new-age rich fucks that didn't like to give off airs. Quote Begin I didn't come here with friends, I came here to play cards...Quote End I turned away slightly so I had to roll my eyes to the side, glancing at Sherif from the corner of my eyes. A small smirk curled up at my lips even as I shrugged. Quote Begin and do whatever else catches my eye...Quote End

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Something about her gave off a Jessica Rabbits evil twin vibe. Like every movement she made was some seductive dance with the purpose of trying to make every mans jeans tighter. Even the way she reached for her glass, her body language was fucking drenched in a combination of slut and elegant. It proved that no matter which label suited her more she was definitely out of my fucking league. Maybe I'd been around dive women too much. The kind that dribble their drinks on their tops without even pretending to care. The kind of women that go home with black makeup garbage sliding down their face, smudged lips, and their shirt partially hanging off their shoulders as they stumble towards the exit. This chick was a whole different kind of problem that I knew I didn't want to get mixed up in, yet as much as I fucking hated it I couldn't stop staring at her. Just sitting by her made me fear that I was committing some crime by dirtying up her image. The last thing I wanted was to sit and talk with a woman that made me feel beneath her just by the way she moved her body and spoke but I couldn't fucking get away. She was a walking, talking trap and I was caught in her web. Fuck I hated her and didn't at the same time.

Uh, fuck. I didn't mean it like that... - I mean yer hot and shit. I'm sure lots of idiots would uh... I mean, I'm sure you could get any guy to um... I'm trying to say I'm sure you could get whatever dude you want to buy you drinks while you insult him or something... I rolled my eyes, but not at her, I rolled them at myself. Fuck it just came out wrong, and here I was trying to prove to her that I was some nice guy that didn't mean to insult her? What the fuck was this shit? Was this all for the possible unconfirmed chance at seeing her breasts unrestrained from her dress later? Fuck, maybe I was more desperate than I thought... I glared at the thought and let my eyes turn away from her for a fucking change and focused on my drink instead. What the fuck did I care if she took what I said the wrong way, what the fuck was that anyway? I didn't mean it as an insult, she just wanted it to be about her or something. Fuck her for being so fucking attention starved.

I snorted, the most interesting? I smiled in response and held my tongue back. Maybe she was smarter than I thought. Her comment was enough to stop my brain from working overtime. I didn't know how to act around women like this. You needed to open the door for women like this, and that's about as much as I knew. I guess it didn't matter, she was laughing at my jokes and still sitting in the seat beside mine, maybe that was a good sign. Still it was fucking weird, her body language and outside appearance didn't go with the kind of drink she ordered. I guess I just pictured chicks like her to order something less rough. I was getting really fucking tired of trying to understand why this chick was even talking to me and motioned for the bartender to bring another round for the both of us. The more hammered I could get, the better, and if I could get her hammered in the process then that was just a fucking bonus.

When her body shifted I went googly eyed, letting them scan her from her feet to the top of her head and back down again. I locked eyes with her again and shrugged. Her words should have been warning number two, but I would rather learn from my mistakes than avoid them. I was about to ask her why the fuck she wasn't at the tables if she was here to play cards when she said something that had me reaching for my drink once again. I needed the alcohol to block out that little voice in the back of my head that was telling me to get the fuck out before it was too late. I smirked as I placed my glass back on the table and kept my eyes on her as I stood up to pull out my wallet, and the leather bound journal slipped out as I did. It fell to the floor and some of the loose pages partially slid out. I quickly bent down to pick it up and place it back into my pocket, and opened my wallet to play for our drinks, including a third round that hadn't arrived yet. Well, I didn't come here with friends either. The question is, why are you here having a drink with me rather than playing cards? Unless this is that thing that you wanted to do, yanno, the thing that caught your eye.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:13 pm

I only just held back an amused snort at Sheriff's lack of eloquence. 'Hot and shit'... fuck, I'd heard worse, but it was no surprise why he'd been alone before I'd latched onto him.The random journal from his coat piqued my interest but I only raised a brow, letting my imagination run wild with what it could contain. Spies secrets... bank details... so many things, when most likely it was a crappy record of his gambling losses and who he owed money to. The appearance of his wallet was a much more welcome sight. Shit, the guy could be a complete whacko for all I knew, which I was starting to lean towards with his weird eyerolls and random glaring, but none of those things bothered me - they'd just make him all the easier to manipulate.

I felt like the big bad wolf, all the easier to manipulate you with, all the easier to suck your wallet dry with. My feral grin definitely matched the wolfishness as I smiled to myself.

I downed the remaining liquid in my glass just before the bartender replaced it. I took a sip of that too and then almost spat it out when I finally connected the dots. Wolf. I managed to keep the whisky in my mouth rather than spraying it over the bartender, but ended up practically inhaling it instead from the effort. I slammed the glass down onto the bar, spluttering and coughing and and hoping the idiot had enough brain cells to thump me on the back.

But, that was it. He was a wolf. Enough of the vague memory filtered back into my mind for me to be absolutely sure of it. It was amazing. Beyond what I'd been hoping for, or at least with a lot more potential... blackmail, theft... I'd heard there were loads of wolves in these parts and they must have access to a pretty penny or two.

The only thing that raised doubts in my mind was the way he'd been acted. He seemed such a depressed deadbeat. A bit down and out, down on luck, maybe even low on self confidence - when everyone knew wolves were practically party animals and impulsive fun lovers. Shit, a night with wolves was usually entertaining and I'd played a few poker games with some in my time. It gave me an idea, and through my spluttering I cracked a smile.

Quote Begin Thank you for the drink... and I think you just answered your own question.Quote End I said, smirking. I traced the rim of my glass and locked my narrowed eyes with his, tilting my head just so. I'd been doing these tricks long enough to know exactly how to get what I wanted... most of the time, and how to keep things entertaining even if things didn't go how I wanted. Quote Begin You know...Quote End I placed my hand on his arm, letting my words hang in the air as I continued watching him, leaning in. The big bad wolf might have had eyes, ears and teeth to his advantage... but none of that worked as well as the body I'd been blessed with. Quote Begin You seem like you need to relax, unwind, loosen up... let yourself have some fun. I think you deserve it. So... how'd you feel hitting the tables together - after we've finished up here, of course..?Quote End I leaned back away and raised my glass to him in a toast, still watching him over the top of it.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:16 pm

She went from this fucking sexy, unreachable goddess to a twitching mess. At first I didn't know what to do, was she chewing gum? Was she choking on it? What the fuck even just happened? I looked awkwardly around the bar and hesitated through a pat on her back, Maybe we should take it easy on the jack.. My voice cut in and out as if I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to say. Was I even allowed to touch her? Shit I didn't know how to deal with a chick like this. It'd be a million times easier if she wasn't wearing something that looked like it cost more than my set of BFG all terrain tires.

Uh, no problem. I said with a flash of a smile. So she was good now, good. But now it felt like she was about to give me the shaft and leave, which was fine. I had expected it. This had to have been one of the most unusual experiences I'd had. The body language said fuck me, but the little bit of conversation said something completely different. I hated the fucking mixed messages, and on that note I took a drink. At least that fucking made sense to me.

My eyes immediately moved from her eyes to her hand as she placed it on my arm. I cracked a smile and quickly used my free hand to wipe at my mouth, attempting to hide it and most likely failing miserably. That sounds like a really fucking great idea. I admitted, more focused on the possibility of what came after some time at the tables. I wasn't trying to get her good and sloshed, or at least I wouldn't admit to it. But the more time we'd spend at the tables, the more drinks I could keep comin'. A drunk woman is a fun woman, that was a fact.

I guess I should go hit the cashier then. Accessing the pack account wasn't exactly allowed... But fuck it, I deserved it. I stood up from my chair, I'm done here, drinks will be just as good at a table as they are at the bar.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:52 pm

My hand found it's way to my chest, without ulterior purpose this time as I rubbed slightly and waited for the ache of choking to dissipate. I cleared my throat and hastily withdrew my compact from my bag to check the state of my makeup before closing it again with a satisfying snap. Quote Begin 'Swallowed my gum.Quote End I said, trying to fake some amount of coyness or embarrassment and rake back the image of myself I'd begun to paint for him.

I held back a sly smirk when my words had the exact intended effect, the easiness of the manipulation not spoiling the fun even one bit. His use of I, worried me a little. I didn't want some cheap hussy sinking their claws into him while he was getting the cash and making off with my potential winnings, not when I was so close to getting to play. It'd be easy to get him to make the moves I wanted so I wasn't technically playing and any dealers that recognised me wouldn't have grounds to make a fuss if I was just playing eye candy to another player. Quote Begin And I can come along to keep you company.Quote End I grinned devilishly, knocking back my drink in one and sliding off the barstool to join him, making a show of stretching my legs.

Quote Begin You have a gorgeous smile.Quote End I latched myself onto his arm, cosying up to his body. I hadn't missed the marked change in expression, even with his poor attempts to hide it. Step one was complete - inspire him to play and spend money. Step two was feeding the false confidence as much as I possibly could. I began leading him to the door, making sure he got a good view down my dress from above. Quote Begin What did you say your name was? That Jack's gone straight to my head.Quote End I lied with a little laugh, biting at my lip. It'd take more than a few drinks to get my head in a spin, but he didn't know that. What would be interesting for me to know, though, was a name other than Sheriff.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics