setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits. - Page 2

[Private] So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits.

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits.

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Don't eat white girls, huh? What a damn shame. I couldn't help it that I was now grinning ear to ear. He'd never mentioned a girlfriend yet, right? Harmless flirting, right? I shook my head side to side as I grabbed my BB and took another drink. Even with the straw between my lips, I couldn't push the smile away. I placed the packets along with the drink on a nearby amp, meeting his eyes, trying to read just how far my flirting would go.

Yeah, yeah my official job is putting up with fourteen year olds who think that playing one riff from Nirvana will impress their girlfriends. I sighed, wondering if I'd have to pretend to enjoy a beginners' chords like I usually did all day or if I'd be pleasantly surprised. You would think with nothing else to do in this little place there would be more people who could actually play. Then again I could, I was blessed with the ability without having to learn, and how often did I play? Rarely. I flinched at the first few sounds, but I still hadn't given up.

Skyrim? What's that got to do wi- And he answered my question. Holy shit cakes... I mumbled, but instead of clapping like a fan girl, I sat down on the floor (since there wasn't anywhere else to sit) and just watched, I watched his fingers, I watched to see just how he was affected by getting into it. I don't know if that made any sense, but just.. watching someone be completely caught in the music they were making was something I considered a privilege. Like I was allowed to observe an intimate moment. I pursed my lips together just before snatching my cup to have another drink of Baja Blast. When he finished, I didn't move; I looked up at him thinking of what to say.

Well, if you aren't just hot shit?

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 pm

I raised my brows while trying to fight a smirk. When she worded it that way it sounded like something completely different. Correcting her would probably get me slapped across the face. I could make an exception, of course. The smirk finally won the fight and I hid it as best as I could by turning my head down. It works yanno. - A dude with a guitar is a serious babe magnet. I joked, I wasn't that fucking full of myself, of course it was a joke. Even if it was a joke, a part of me wanted to put that theory to the test. It wasn't like I hadn't when I was younger, but I also sucked balls at playing when I was younger. I hated to admit it to myself, but I was once that kid playing a single riff from nirvana over and over again to impress the ladies.

Hot shit is better than just shit. I'll take it. I laughed before placing the guitar back in it's stand and weaving the pick back through it's strings. I'm sure you've heard better working in a place like this, it can't all be beginners that come in here. Plus I'd hate to think I'm the only dope dumb enough to play for your attention. In fact I doubt I am. Hot girl, hot girl plus music store, hot girl plus music store equals the kinda shit you see in movies. Like the girl next door but better because music is involved. Now if she was a closet sheets acrobat she'd be the lottery. Many try, but very few win.

So, you wanna ring me up? We should probably get that over with so you can start closing. We'll wanna hit the bar for that drink you haven't agreed to yet before the rush of hillbillies take all the good parking down at One Shot. Would it work? Maybe, if not then I'd probably have to avoid her for a while until my humiliation was a distant memory, which wasn't a problem. We didn't exactly run with the same crowd.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Oh, come on, Vin, you can do better than that. Although, it was better than an annoyed look or some other form of rejection. Or if he had been purely oblivious. It wasn't like I had that much experience flirting with guys. There had really been only two - Gabe and Gio. I guess Rick sorta... I wasn't sure what he wanted from me yet. Maybe I'd passed as confident, but my god was it a front. I just... well a lot of the times alcohol was a huge helper. Sadly my drink wasn't spiked, and I couldn't have a "fuck 'em if they don't like me" tude going on. I would remember this tomorrow. I would remember any sign of my flirting being unwanted. Fuck. Where was Jack when you needed him?

Was I embarrassing him, though? Oh, shit, son, I caught the smirk - I thought this dude was yanno.. fucking Christian Bale. Quiet, moody, and unscathed by foolish flirting. Shit, now I wanted to fuck with him a little more, just to see how much more I could get out. And just how much he could get out of me.

Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, I said, standing up, my eyes finding his again, or at least trying to when he'd look my way. Fuck, I really didn't know how to do this shit sober. But yeah uh.. sure, Index is a regular talent factory. I thought about offering to play myself, but then I knew I would be just trying way too hard, besides, I wasn't really sure what time Rick was coming. I kinda hoped it would later, because I didn't want either to get the wrong idea.

Ring him up.. was he offering his number? Oh, fuck, wait the strings. Hah, I had just kinda expected him to leave them be once I had caught him trying to steal them. And then... fuck, the timing.. dammit. I really was game to go have a drink, and I hadn't been to One Shot - for exactly that reason. I kind of expected rednecks and country music, but shit, if that's where he went, maybe it wouldn't be all bad. And maybe not as many hipster parents trying to bring their kids to the damn pub.

Uh, yeah, sure, I got ya right up here, I said, grabbing the strings that I'd set on the amp and heading for the counter. I uh.. I have a customer that comes late... some kind of weird arrangement with the owners. I don't know what time he's coming for sure, but maybe I can meet you after he comes? Fuck, fuck... sounds like I'm blowing him off.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Was that sarcasm? I had to admit, my ability to detect that shit was nearly non-existent. I'd had many slaps and drinks to the face because of it. Really it was fucking stupid for women to get so heated about it. If they'd just say what they fucking meant instead of playing games it wouldn't be a problem. Tell me then Michelle, what's yours? She was probably a flute player, but not in the ''fuck that sounds boring'' kind of way, in the ''damn I never knew how fucking hot the flute could sound'' realization kinda way. Hell, maybe she was shit at a real flute but could play a flesh flute like a damned goddess. I'd be okay with either, just as long as I could experience her talent. Wait, maybe I can guess. I took a few steps around her, trying to ''read her'' when really it was just an excuse to see what the other side of her looked like. I got a good look before finally spitting out the first thing that came to mind, and no, it wasn't ''flute''. I placed my fingers at my temples and closed my eyes, and when they opened it slipped out, An artist? Painter perhaps?

I followed her to the register and mindlessly fingered through the picks that sat beside it. Talk about a real ball buster. I stood up straight and kept my eyes on the counter before making eye contact again. Nah it's fine, if you don't wanna get a drink you can just tell me. I won't be mad. I teased and my voice raised in pitch. Something told me she wasn't lying, but damn it sounded like a lie. A late night customer? Really it was hard to believe. I smiled at her anyway, making sure she knew I was just teasing her and finally I opened my wallet. I fingered around it for a bit, finally pulling out a card that definitely wasn't my credit card, in fact, it was a damned decade old library card. I passed it to her, purposely giving her the wrong card to stall until she agreed to that drink. Oh I'm sorry, that isn't the right card is it? Silly me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:56 am

So would it be reading too far into things if I said his question went beyond the obvious? There was something a little too formal about it - it could have just been "So you play?" or "what's yer hobby?" But no - a full first name, and I wasn't even sure he'd remembered my name. I thought it might be conceited of me to think so, but he began walking around me, and I wasn't oblivious to a once over, an eye lingering a little longer than it normally would. God, this was exciting. The newness of it, the questioning of intentions, I mean... I hate to be cheesy but it was kind of a dance, wasn't it? Dancing around the elephant in a room. It was too bad you couldn't just stay in this little flirtatious phase forever. I was grinning ear to ear. I thought carefully how to answer his question as he pretended to "analyze" me.

Haven't tried it. I took one step closer to him, still wishing I'd had a little liquid courage in me so that I wasn't questioning every damned thing I did. I can play a few things, I said before taking a step closer.

My head cocked to the side, thinking it more than a little amusing that this dude even had a library card, never mind that it looked older than me. I sure did hate the idea of sticking around, waiting on Rick, though Rick himself was hot - there was something about him that unnerved me. And Vin being a fucking wolf doesn't? God, what was my life right now? I had options, sure, but they were all fucking outlandish, right? At this point I wasn't expecting Gabe to come back. He'd simply ran away. Maybe I didn't do it that differently, and Gabe was having more fun. I just really ended up dismissing the idea of Vin and Gio being... uh.. wolves.. as a bad trip. Fuck, I even thought it was kind of cool if it was real.

I rolled my tongue around in my mouth, pulling my phone from my pocket. Maybe I can figure something out. So do I text Rick, tell him I was sick or some bs? Or call Maggie and BEG her to do me this ONE favor? How many times had I filled in for her so she could do something similar? A. Lot. But did she even have time to get back here? I rubbed my forehead with my thumb and index finger, grinning down at the card, then my hands dropped as I looked back to Vincent. What if um.. I gave you something of mine to hold hostage? Just to prove I'll show up after I'm done? I stopped for a moment to think of what that could be, something to really show him I meant it, and then my eyes lit up. Oh, fuck, I must be desperate.
Like my phone here. I slid it across the counter, but just as I did I jumped as the bell rang.

"Oh, looks like I made it before closing time for once." Rick stepped in but hell if the look on his face didn't contort into something ugly when he saw Vin.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics