setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits.

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 am

Thread Details

The Mad Platter | Clear | 30 Minutes before Closing Time

I hopped out of my truck and rushed for the door. It'd been so long since I'd actually found the fucking time to pick up what I needed from the Mad Platter I'd forgotten what time they closed. The lights were still on, that was a good sign. I reached for the handle and pulled. The door opened, that was a really good sign. I realized how stupid this whole fucking thing was and closed the door in front of me to read the sign which clearly stated I had thirty minutes before it was lights out. I opened the door again, this time remembering to flick my cigarette to the ground before stepping a foot inside, and actually managed to fucking enter the building. I probably looked like a fucking idiot to anyone watching. Fuck it.

My eyes went straight for the strings and I snatched up as many as possible. Finding the time for shit like this wasn't easy anymore, and I wasn't about to find myself in this situation again. I pulled out my phone and checked the time once more before deciding I had enough to look around, purposely avoiding looking up at the front desk or anywhere else as usual. I didn't like making eye contact with people in these places, the last thing I wanted was for some sixteen year old emo coming up to me and telling me about fucking guitars and asking me if I need help finding shit. Fuck you, if I need help I'll fucking ask for it.

I mindlessly stuffed the strings into my pocket and reached for a black vignetted Gibson with what looked like a rosewood fingerboard and sat down on a nearby stool. I didn't play anything, just plucked at the strings realizing some idiot had to have been in here earlier because they were wound way too fucking tight, which was a recipe for a warped neck. Idiots. I started to tune it, working my way down until it was producing the sound it was meant to produce when you strummed. Shit, I almost wanted to buy it to prevent anyone else from potentially ruining it.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits.

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 pm

OOC Message
Outfit. Hair but color is obvs aqua.

Maybe I should be out watching the front, or maybe Maggie, but it was inventory day, and almost time for closing, so fuck it. Even though I needed to stay late, I wanted to get inventory finished because I hated it. I could get it done three times faster if Maggie wasn't constantly yammering on, but I guess it did make it a little less shitty. But we only had like a few more things to check, so all was well until I heard the sounds of a guitar from the store front.

"Fuck. Seriously?! Now? Maggie said, rolling her eyes while she hefted a box back onto a shelf.

It's alright, I got this, and I have like one more box to check. You should just go home. I gotta wait on Rick tonight anyway. I knew it wouldn't take her much convincing, and it didn't. Before I finished my sentence she was already heading toward the cabinet to grab her purse.

"Oh, my gosh, are you sure? Thanks! I have a date with Trevor."  I nodded, grabbed my fountain drink from Taco Bell and headed toward the store front, closing the door behind me. I looked toward the sound and found a familiar face. I walked toward him, Baja Blast in hand, and took a drink before I spoke.

Shit, son, you want a job?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 am

Without looking up to see who it was, I continued twisting the tuning keys. Ha, how much you pay to have your guitars tuned? I wasn't interested, but if she happened to spit out a good number I might be interested. She wasn't serious anyway, I was sure of it. I finally turned my head to look up, Oh. I said quickly before standing up, neck of guitar in hand. Shit, what're you doing here? I asked with a frown as I realized how fucked up that sounded. I don't mean it like that, just... I tried to play it cool and shoved my free hand in the pocket of my jeans. I mean, it's cool, small world I guess. Fucking stupid, of course it was a small world, it was a small fucking town.

I set the guitar down and shoved my hands in my pockets of my jacket, eyes widening when I remembered that's where I had placed the strings. The plastic covering over them crinkled in a really fucking uncool and loud way. Shit what the fuck was I so antsy for anyway? I reacted, and quickly pulled my hands out causing the packages to fall to the ground. I stared at them, contemplating my next move. I was tempted to pretend it didn't happen and use my feet to shove them under a nearby shelf, but instead my stupid fucking mouth opened. I was gonna pay for those...

Back to top Go down

Michelle Hawke | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:21 pm

There was no way I could get the owners to pay for someone to tune instruments, besides, that was actually something Maggie and I could usually take care of on slow days. I didn't mind, and it was another one of those things that I surprised myself, since I knew the basics of doing it myself. I realized then, for a brief moment, that maybe at some point Vin (omg I remembered his real name!) might be someone that I could actually tell that to. He had his own secret, and I had mine - that my life had actually just begun. I didn't understand it at all - maybe he would...

I reared back slightly at his reaction to seeing me, then I raised an eyebrow, the silent look for "excuse you!" But so easily my hard expression waivered and I found I was fighting a huge laugh while his mini comedy of errors began to spew. Finally, once the string packages were all on the ground, I lost it. I pressed my fist to my mouth and my eyes were closed and I was laughing beyond control. A high pitched laugh that caused your whole torso to jiggle with it. I didn't really believe him, but it didn't matter now.

I'm sorry. I.. I suddenly remembered what he was and that I didn't want to piss him off, though I wasn't sure if I would. Don't kill me, don't kill me. Why was it so funny? Was I nervous? And what the fuck made him so awkward? Typically, this was the way a boy acted when he was around the girl he had a crush on. But fuck, real life was never like in the movies. Thank god.

Seriously, you alright? I leaned down and began picking up the strings, still fighting a chuckle here and there. Did you want to check out, or you wanna uh... play me something?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

OOC Message
Song probably starts more at 0:40 and onward.

I flashed a crooked smile and scratched the back of my neck. It's uh... It's been a long day. I tried to explain away the shit storm of awkward that I just turned this place into. Because fuck yeah, excuses. Maybe I should have been thankful that her laughter was contagious. I finally let myself, well, laugh at myself and knelt down to start picking up everything that fell out of my pocket, including a ball of lint. It took the heat off of the series of shitty events that just happened.

Don't kill you? I cocked a brow and realized what she meant. Nah, I don't eat white girls. Too chewy. I joked, but my laughter faded into an awkward frown. No really, I don't uh... Kill people... I said awkwardly as I broke eye contact long enough to place the lint back into my pocket. I guess maybe I did kill people? That's if you considered mages and fangers as people. Then again most wouldn't consider me a people, or uh, person. Or maybe they would but, fuck it. I didn't kill humans, even if some of them really deserved that kind of fate.

When she knelt down to help I made eye contact again. Both? - I mean, wait do you work here? Shit, I should have stopped talking. She wanted me to play something. It's not like I expected it to make her panties melt off or anything but fuck, if she didn't work here then it'd be a damn good excuse to stop me from acting like a damned retard while still keeping her around at the same time.

Whatta you wanna hear? I picked up a fender this time and switched on a nearby amp and sat back down on the stool, lightly strumming the strings and purposely playing awful by not pressing hard enough, or catching my finger as I strummed causing the sound to boing and echo and distort in all the wrong ways. Skyrim fan? I asked before cutting the bullshit and playing for real.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics