setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Surprise, Surprise - Page 6

[Private] Surprise, Surprise

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Surprise, Surprise

Monday West |

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:13 am

When Farah passed the phone back and our hands brushed, it made the overwhelming desire to kiss her even more present. It was impossible not to keep thinking about it and I'd given up, even if I was sure I was probably acting like an idiot. Other people my age must be so much more mature involving dating, but I'd hardly had a plethora of experience or the normal life of a teenager of early twenty-something, so even though I felt self-conscious I was willing to cut myself a little slack.

I pored over the phone screen, glancing up to Edie and Tom to check if they were watching a few times, but they both seemed to be absorbed in the movie - though Edie obviously not as much as Tom. If anything my grandmother seemed a little tired, and I let myself feel concerned, determined to keep an eye on the lady who refused to believe how old she was.

My gaze returned to my phone screen and I smiled widely, going over what Farah had written a few times and then starting on a reply the next line down.

the jungle book? i love that movie. and it's a long running obsession with dinosaurs. I heard about a museum in chicago? i think it has some cool skeleton models there and a lot of dinosaur stuff. i know its a long way, but hell love it. i was thinking for his bday. a surprise, so dont tell him! ;) hes better at working things out than youd think

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:37 am

Honestly, what I wouldn't give to be alone with Monday right now. Not even because because I wanted to kiss him again, well yeah I wanted to but not just because I wanted to kiss him. I'd've liked to have been able to talk freely with him, not through typing quick messages to each other on his phone. Which was cute but hey, I couldn't hear him or his cute accent that way now could I? We were face to face for the first time in so long but it was in the company of others, and I understood that discretion was important. It just didn't stop me wanting to scoot closer every second that I sat there.

My attention turned back to the movie after Monday had taken the phone, but I wasn't really watching it. I didn't think I'd have been able to concentrate on anything with him sitting so close and knowing that he was typing a message back it me. Even though the topic was completely innocent I still felt excited talking about it. I felt excited talking about pretty much anything with Monday.

I grinned at him before turning my attention to the screen, reading over what he said and feeling a surge of emotion towards him. He was honestly just such a great Dad. My parents had taken us places that they'd thought we wanted to go and hadn't really even asked us where we would actually like to go. Last year they'd tried to take us to Disneyland again but I'd put my foot down on behalf of both my brother and myself. We weren't children and happy family holidays couldn't be faked forever. But Monday was obviously very in tune with what his child wanted and that made me inexplicably happy as I typed my response.

love as in STILL love it? i thought most guys your age grew up on star wars and and stuff? :P jk the jungle book is timeless. shh tell no one but ive the 'bare necessities' song on my ipod. but omg thats such an amazing idea!! i bet he'll think hes died and gone to heaven when you tell me. of course i wont tell him, just promise you'll record his reaction when you tell him

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:45 pm

I'd watched Dinosaur so much with Tom that I could probably quote every line if I tried, and it easily became background noise to what I was really interested in - Farah. I was even over worrying about how some might consider it pathetic, how easy it was for her to take over my mind, and just let it happen instead. I hadn't felt this overwhelmingly in anticipation for such a long time.

When I took back the phone, I moved my leg so my nearest knee was partly bridging the gap between us. With a rushed glance to Farah to see how she took it but not letting it linger enough to actually see, I set my attention on my phone, poring over the words before me. It didn't take long for a grin to materialize and stretch across my face.

maybe not love love, but i'd still watch it. i dont even know if we have a copy here though. and i never watched all of the star wars films, is that weird? keep meaning to but never have the time. and yeah, itd be expensive but worth it i think because hed love it so much. ofc id tell you! videoing it might seem strange though? give it away

I wanted to write more, but hesitated, allowing doubts to stop me and hold the phone out again. Just as Farah gripped it, I snatched the phone back, ignoring the heat of my face as I added another sentence to the end of the message. It was stupid, and she might not want to, or even be able to get permission, and most likely I was laying it on far too strong, far too fast, but I couldn't help myself. I handed my phone back over to Farah, more slowly this time and letting my eyes lock with hers. Hope ballooned within my heart, feeling like my lungs would explode out of my chest with my held breath.

or you could come too

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Even though I was looking at the tv screen I was hyper-aware of Monday beside me. I kept stealing glances out of the corner of my eye and any movement he made seemed to draw my focus just that little bit more. Gosh, talk about having it bad. I felt like it was just totally silly of me to be like this. In fact I was sure that Monday was probably having none of the same problems. He was so mature and seemed so put together, whereas I was just a-

Wait, had he just moved his leg closer? Or was I imagining things? There was no way that he'd done that on purpose right? He had long legs so it made sense that maybe he just wanted to stretch them out a bit more. But none of my rationalizations did anything to stop the way my heart had started beating a little bit faster. I glanced at his face but he was looking at the phone, giving me no clue. Even if he hadn't done it on purpose maybe I could just... With a quick glance at the other occupants of the room I drew my legs up on to the sofa, making in seem like I was just settling in more, making sure that my feet didn't touch the upholstery. The movement brought my knees right next to Mondays' and I felt ridiculously thrilled by even just that small contact.

My eyes widened a little when he pulled back the phone after I'd tried to take it. Had he not actually been passing it to me? My confusion cleared a little when he obviously added more in at the end and passed it back. I read through quickly, smiling at first. But then I read the last bit and that smile turned into a full on grin. I looked at him, beaming, before turning my attention back to the phone.

really??? are you sure that would be ok, i mean id totally love to, ive never been to chicago. i could pay for my own ticket and stuff so you wouldnt hv to worry about that. do you think tom would be ok wth it? when is his bday?

The thought of going somewhere, anywhere with Monday filled me with excitement. I wasn't worried about having to ask my parents either. I was going to be eighteen soon and totally free to do as I wished. Aside from that I'd gone on trips out of state before, acting as a nanny to kids I babysat. I couldn't see any problem with it from my end.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:45 am

The movie was a good three quarters of the way through, but I didn't know how I was going to cope until the end. If things had been bad before, it had gone from bad to unbearable when Farah shifted her legs, barely touching mine but so temptingly close. The sliver of her bare leg between stocking and shorts threatened to drive me wild every time I found myself glancing to it. I was unable to stop myself, addicted to the sight of her bare skin. How was it even possible that she'd wear something I found so achingly attractive? That was it - it made me ache, and I had to force myself not to look in case something really embarrassing happened.

I took back my phone and the excitement within me quelled a second. I hadn't thought about any of the ins and outs of the trip yet, just had a vague idea that it would be something amazing for Tom.

havent thought about details. its not until july so we have time to sort things out. and i bet hed love you there. he bonds easily with babysitters especially if they like his fav movie too ;) and if you came round more

I paused, stopped typing and set the phone down in between us. My gaze fell on Farah, watching her. I felt full of an intensity I hadn't experienced since Sarah, before Tom was even on the scene. That giddy, urging sensation that had made me do stupid and impulsive things, throwing caution to the wind. I'd pushed that feeling down for so long that it just felt even stronger now it was back and it was almost unstoppable.

Quote Begin We didn't get ourselves any drinks.Quote End I said suddenly, softly but out loud. It earned me an insistent shhh from Tom again, who didn't even turn round to do it, his eyes were so glued to the screen. I chanced a glance to Edie, who hadn't reacted to my outburst at all, and then got up, unfolding my legs and wishing my heart would stop stuttering. I let my eyes lock with Farah's before walking out of the door and into the kitchen. I'd forgotten this thrill, the sensation of my limbs quivering like jelly and the excited grin as adrenalin coursed through me. It was so much more than the high I got from exercise too.

It faded a little once I was inside the kitchen again and my heart sped up more as I forced myself to turn and see if Farah had even followed me. There was every chance she might not have.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics