setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Surprise, Surprise - Page 5

[Private] Surprise, Surprise

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Surprise, Surprise

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Monday... I began, hesitating for a second and feeling the strangest little thrill at using his name, saying it out loud. I'd had crushes before, even felt excited by the mere mention of a guy, every girl had. But this was so... not like that. I wasn't naive and I didn't even come close to thinking about the L word, I wasn't a preteen. It was just... intense. He made he feel older and more confident in a way I didn't think any guy my own age could. I'd always been an old soul, my Nana had said it about me and I'd always thought she was right about it. Sometimes I even felt like I'd outgrown my friends, as much as I loved them But there was none of that with Monday. Not when I'd first met him and not even once while we'd been texting. Even now when things probably should have been way awkward I just felt... comfortable.

I cleared my throat and started again. I understand what you're saying. Honestly, I do. I've babysat for a lot of kids and someone of them have had parents who've split. I've seen the effect that new people can have in a child's life. Kids are quick to trust, give away their love freely. I blushed a little, hoping that hadn't sounded like I was implying anything. I'm not assuming he'd see me a lot or anything I just- ugh, I mean I really do just want to make it clear that I get it. I gave him a small smile, wishing that I wasn't struggling so much with what I wanted to say. Had I always sucked so much with words?

A proper smile spread across my face when he basically accused me of my rambling being contagious. Maybe cooties are a thing after all? I chirped, giggling a little after the words left my mouth. There was still so much up in the air but I didn't want to think about it or dwell on it. Maybe the ability to overlook things like that was my age showing but if it was I didn't care about that either. Monday had kissed me. I don't want to be just friends either. Not it there was another option. Which was pretty much what he suggested. I beamed up at him at his words, not even trying to hide how much I liked the idea. I think that could work. I mean, if you'd like to do it that way. Just seeing how things went was more than I'd expected. More than I'd have let myself hope for. I turned my attention back to the cup in front of me, pouring the hot water when it was ready and turning back to him while I let the bag steep. I watched him walking towards me, rolling my eyes at him playfully when he spoke. I'm insulted you think peppermint tea would sway me. I'm totally capable of ganging up on you, tea or no tea. I retorted, though the idea of me teaming up with his grandma to hassle him seemed a little ridiculous to me. Funny, but not likely.

My heart stuttered a little when he leaned down and brushed his lips off mine again, a feeling of giddiness at the action totally taking over my ability to think logically. I leaned after him when he pulled back, like my lips had a mind of their own. His words snapped me out of it though, and I mock-glared up at him. That was unfair. Guys aren't supposed to be the tease. I quipped, then did my best to be more serious after what he said next. I nodded and turned back, finishing up with the tea and picking it up. I took a second to make sure I wasn't about to start grinning like an idiot again and faced Monday again. Okay, all set!

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:14 pm

The situation seemed so precarious and I was hyper aware of implying too much, or not enough, either potentially enough to scare Farah off. But there were things I needed to say. What was it Indie always said? She seemed to be a ridiculous fountain of wisdom, my older sister, and I knew she'd say something about getting things out in the open in a situation like this. IT was right, too... the thought of getting more involved with Farah just for her to leave under the strain of having a kid to deal with was too reminiscent of what had happened with Sarah. I hated thinking of my ex at a time like that, but it was difficult not to after everything that had happened. What if when Farah got home, after getting over the high of our first kiss, she started to have doubts? Even though that was entirely possible and I hadn't known Farah that long, I felt certain she she was miles different from how Sarah had been and that gave me a little help. She just seemed so nice.. genuine, and honest, and with a slightly heavy heart I realised I at least owed her the same. Quote Begin Yeah, you seem to. And I just wanted to make sure you knew.. things are just more complicated with a kid. It's a lot of hassle sometimes, and responsibility, and you're so young with your whole life ahead of you. If it's too much for you, I can understand that.Quote End I smiled back at her, sad but understanding. Quote Begin And I think that would work.. if you are still interested, and you'd like to do it that way too of course.Quote End I lapsed back into seriousness, as always trying to make sure the other person was happy and got what they wanted. After a second I realised how we both sounded, neither of us wanting to be the one to make the decision, and let out a small laugh. I shook my head, glancing away and then back to Farah with a wide grin. Quote Begin Yeah, I don't doubt it.Quote End

The grin stayed in place as I took Tom's cup and headed toward the kitchen door. Just as I opened it though, I stopped, and let out a light groan. Quote Begin She'll know, I swear she will - she'll just know. Edie just senses things - like Batman, Joel says, or wait, Spiderman.. one of those,Quote End I let out another groan as I realised I was getting sidetracked and physically shook myself, squaring my shoulders and trying to feel brave, because it really didn't matter if Edie knew I'd been kissing Farah in the kitchen.... Kissing Farah. Just the thought was enough to spread another goofy grin across my face that I then had to try and fight. Quote Begin Right... yep, let's go.Quote End I said, and hurriedly forced myself out of the kitchen before I had time to get distracted again.

I quickly walked through the hall and back into the TV Room, trying to avoid looking at Edie to see her expression. Quote Begin Hey, here's your milk.Quote End I held the cup out to Tom, earning a scandalized shhhhhh! from him. Quote Begin Daad, we're watching the movie.Quote End He took his finger away from in front of his lips and grasped onto the cup, eyes already fixed back on to the screen. I smiled wryly and retreated to the empty couch, leaving plenty of room for Farah too and noticing a similar expression on Edie's face when she briefly glanced my way.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:25 pm

This felt so awkward but I didn't think that was a bad thing. Any conversation about a sensitive topic could lead to awkwardness, especially if you were avoiding trying to say the wrong thing while not being totally sure what the right thing was. Really the more I thought about it the more I was convinced it was a good thing we were getting through the awkward part now. It meant less things to have to discuss at a later point. Avoiding something never worked up well, I knew that even though most people would scoff at the idea considering my age. It's probably a good thing I have so much of my own experience with kids. Don't get me wrong, I know it's completely different when they're your own kid and it's not the same but... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love kids and knowing that you have one doesn't make me like you any less. I smiled shyly at him, hoping I didn't sound as tongue-tied as I felt. I am still interested. I really like you Monday, finding out about Tom hasn't changed that. I knew that there were people out there who'd be affected by news like that but I just wasn't one of them. It seemed like such a mean way of thinking.

I couldn't help but giggle at the way he seemed so scared of his grandma and her apparent superpowers. And that he didn't immediately know it was Spiderman with the extra senses. You're worried that her spidey-sense will start tingling when you walk in the room? Maybe she's actually a mind-reader after all? I wouldn't tell anyone if I was. I said, a teasing note still in my voice. I didn't mean to sound flippant but maybe it would help put him more at ease? Really I didn't know what I was doing, this was his family and obviously he knew best.

My steps followed Monday out of the room, carefully cradling the mug in my hands so I wouldn't spill any of Edie's tea. Knowing my luck I'd end up burning myself and drop the whole thing on the floor. I took a deep breath just before I walked into the living room, eyes automatically darting towards Monday, smiling as I looked at him and Tom. I dragged my gaze away and looked at his grandma, feeling a flicker of worry despite what I'd said earlier. Did she know? I walked over, handing her the tea. I hope that's okay, I made it the same way I make it for myself. Peppermint's my favorite. "Thank you dear, I'm sure it's perfectly fine." I gave her a friendly smile and turned toward the couch, hesitating before sitting with about a foot of space between myself and Monday. So Tom really loves this movies, huh? He has good taste. I whispered, grinning at him.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:12 pm

At first I was surprised, pleasantly so, but then I was beaming again, my grin threatening to take over my face. How did someone like Farah even exist? Quote Begin I've told you before how nice you are, haven't I? So, so nice.[/i]Quote End I grinned bigger, and then tried to hide it, tried to tone it down again.

Spidey-sense.... that sounded like what Joel had said before. He teased me about my lack of cartoon knowledge sometimes, but I hadn't the heart to tell him it was due to not even having a TV most of my childhood. Even when we had one, it was usually broken, or the aerial was on the blink, or the electricity was cut off, or in some rare chance that neither of those were true, we obviously only got the basic channels. Quote Begin Maybe she is, but I doubt she'd even tell me if she wasQuote End I joked. No, Edie might have a crazy intuition, but it was just a human one. A mother's one.. or grandmother's one, or even great-grandmother's one.

-

Edie seemed happy with her tea, or at least she held off from any cutting remarks and took the drink. When Farah sat next to me all I could think of was the distance in between us. It felt simultaneously too close and too far and I knew I'd spend most of the movie debating whether to move closer.

Quote BeginShhhh!Quote End Tom whipped round to us, hearing even Farah's quiet whispers, before turning back to the TV. I swear when one of his favorite movies was on, you could so much as rustle a sweet wrapper and he'd complain.

I sent Farah an apologetic smile, looking between her and Tom and wondering what to do. I knew how annoying it was for people to walk when you were trying to watch something, so I didn't want to interrupt even if it was a movie he'd seen so many times before.

After a few minutes of contemplation I pulled my phone from my pocket. I opened a word processing app on it and started tapping away. Its his fave movie atm. he probly already bored you to death earlier about how much he loves dinosaurs too. he loves everything to do with them. im hoping to take him to a museum in the summer.. I held the phone between us, offering it up for Farah to take, read, and write a reply if she wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:19 pm

I blushed at his words, unable to help myself. I'd had plenty of people tell me I was nice over the years. Some said I was too nice and should toughen up or the world would chew me out. Other even thought it was just a cover, something I faked. But hearing it from Monday was different, gave me the feeling he wouldn't tell me I should change it. It just meant more to me coming from him. You now you sound like you're describing yourself right now, don't you? I said back, heart melting at the way he smiled and just about managing to stop myself from trying to kiss him again. At least talking about his grandma was a good distraction for that. If that's true then Edie is a very smart woman. Everyone needs some mystery about them. I joked back.

I jumped a little when Tom shushed me, wondering how on earth he'd heard me when he'd seemed so totally absorbed by the movie. I blushed a little, feeling bad about distracting him when he obviously enjoyed the movie so much. He'd been so excited about putting it on too and seemed even more so after I'd told him I wanted to watch it too. I tried giving him an apologetic look but he turned back too quickly to have seen it.

My gaze went right back to Monday, seeing the way he smiled and the apology that it seemed to hold. I shook my head, smiling back, trying to convey that it was fine. Kids were protective about the things they liked. Whether that was a stuffed animal or having a certain chair at the table. Tom wanting to be able to watch his movie in peace seemed perfectly normal to me.

I tried watching the movie so that I wouldn't dwell on the fact that Monday was so close but that we had to keep a certain amount of space between us. Talk about temptation. But as much as I tried to focus on the movie my mind kept drifting back to the kiss, playing it over and over. I started a little when Monday held to phone out, but was quickly smiling when I read what was on the screen. I took it from him and started on a new line. 'thats such a kid thing. i used to watch the jungle book at least once a day for a like year. + dinos are very cool. wht museum were you thinking of? i kno theres 1 in utah' - I finsihed and handed the phone back. I couldn't think of anything close by that would have anything overly good. Unless he got lucky and there was an exhibit coming through Seattle at any point.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics