setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Surprise, Surprise - Page 4

[Private] Surprise, Surprise

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Surprise, Surprise

Monday West |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:52 am

It didn't occur to me how long it had been since I'd kissed someone like this, but it had been a very long time. I'd had kisses before that were fast, rough, teeth clicking together in clumsy impatience and nervousness, charging ahead too fast. With Farah, it couldn't be more opposite.

My lips moved against her's at an achingly slow pace, but not fueled by hesitance. It was tentative, exploring, and savoring the moment of her soft lips against mine, of the closeness, our soft exhales mingling together - as if it would suddenly stop if I pushed too hard. Even the slow crick in my neck from standing at such an angle couldn't spoil the moment. I wrapped one arm around Farah's back, pulling her closer towards me, and cupped her jaw with my other, tilting it up to try and combat the awkward angle. It didn't occur to me how much more intimate we'd become until I felt her body fully flush against mine, and it was as if I'd forgotten I was in my grandma's kitchen with Tom in the other room. I quickly broke away, but kept close enough that my hands lingered on Farah's back. Quote Begin I.. my neck.Quote End I said, unable to look away from her. My skin felt flushed and and warm, but this time it wasn't sue to embarrassment.

Quote Begin Edie'll start wondering where her tea is.Quote End I murmured, but still didn't pull away. I knew I should, if only to stop Edie or Tom interrupting us if the former became suspicious or the latter became impatient, but I didn't want to and couldn't quite bring myself to break the contact.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:02 am

The last time I'd kissed a guy had been my ex-boyfriend, who'd also been my first boyfriend. We'd dated for most of junior year and broken up in the summer. Even though he hadn't been my first kiss or anything I'd still been so inexperienced that it had taken months for me to get over the awkwardness of kissing him while wondering if I was doing it wrong or if I was a terrible kisser. No matter how nice he'd been I'd still had those hang ups for much longer than most people probably would've. 

But it wasn't at all like that with Monday. I wasn't overthinking or trying to work out where to put my hands or if I was tilting my head wrong. I wasn't even really capable of any kind of coherent thought from the moment his lips had touched against mine. My head angled to deepen the kiss without me consciously deciding to do it, the bubble of joy expanding in my chest. There was this swooping sensation in my lower stomach, one that made me want to get even closer to him. Then, as though he'd read my mind, I was getting my wish. I gasped against his lips went I felt him pull me closer. Holy crap that was... well, hot. My hands went from his shoulders to his hair, fulfilling another wish I'd had earlier all by myself. My toes just about skimmed the floor but I didn't even care, just getting totally lost in the feeling of kissing Monday. It was so surreal, like a dream or a fantasy you couldn't believe had actually come true. 

I'd known it couldn't go on forever, but I still found myself letting out a little moan of disappointment when he pulled away. I frowned up at him for a moment until reality broke through and a smile pulled at the corners of my mouth. Had that actually just happened? It's okay, I understand. It couldn't be easy leaning down that far. Like a giraffe trying to kiss a mouse. The comparison was so ridiculous that I had to bite my lips to stop my smile turning into a grin. I failed regardless. Is there anything I can help with? I murmured, still playing with strands of his hair. I knew he was right, and the idea of Tom or Edie finding us had me blushing just thinking about it. The feeling of his hands on my back made it impossible to work up the willpower to pull back. He'd obviously have to be the mature one again.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:53 am

Quote Begin Yeah.Quote End I said, embarrassingly breathless, hoping that the more I said, the less I'd feel like I was under some sort of spell. It didn't work. The feeling of her playing with my hair was... indescribable. I'd never had hair as short as this when I was involved with anyone and Farah's touch sent electric chills over my scalp. It only made it even harder to think, harder to remind myself I had to pull away. Farah really didn't want to know the indecent places my mind was going either, of how she could help me. I did feel embarrassed at that, and could only grin ridiculously back at Farah when she broke into one. Her eyes were so beautiful when she smiled, properly smiled, and it felt special to be able to see it up close.

A sudden noise had me jolting back from Farah, heart in my throat. It quickly faded when I realised it was just a loud sound from Dinosaur. Instead I groaned inwardly and chanced a smile at Farah, hoping she wasn't annoyed. I'd flung myself away from her like I'd been doing something wrong when it wasn't that simple, but I didn't want her to get the wrong impression. Quote Begin I'm sorry, I'm not ashamed of you or anything, it's just... I thought it was Tom.Quote End I frowned, properly grimacing as I tried to put my feelings into words without sounding too harsh.. or assumptive... Quote Begin I don't want to confuse him when I'm, urm, not completely sure how to explain this yet.Quote End I smiled, reaching out to squeeze her arm. The logic in me always won out when it came to Tom. Yes, I liked Farah, yes, I thought she was gorgeous and cute and everything in between, but I didn't know where we'd be a few weeks down the line or how any of this would play out. I didn't want to properly introduce someone like Farah into Tom's life, only to leave him disappointed and upset if she left.

Quote Begin Could you make the peppermint tea while I heat up some milk? It's just I know exactly how warm he likes it.Quote End I said, our broken contact making it easier for me to finally focus on the task in hand. I fetched out a box of herbal teabags for Farah and then started on Tom's milk, trying to go as fast as possible. When it was finally in the microwave I paused and let out a sigh, wondering how long we'd even been in the kitchen.

My gaze found it's way back to Farah and I couldn't help but watch her. Quote Begin It's really great to see you again.Quote End I said with a smile.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:56 am

Had he always been so monosyllabic? I almost giggled at the thought, realizing that I probably wasn't much better. For once the worlds biggest chatterbox couldn't think beyond a couple of sentences. At least now I knew there was a cure for rambling; really cute guys named Monday who could stall your brain with a kiss. It honestly wasn't a discovery I wanted to share either, probably a terrible thing for someone with aspirations of being a doctor to think. Even when I realized that I still hadn't managed to say anything back I didn't care, wasn't trying to fill any silences and just feeling content to let my gaze wander around his face, getting fascinating by the glint of light reflecting off his eyelash or the way his lips looked ever bit as soft as I now knew they felt. I was totally giddy from what had happened.

Not even the way he jumped back could do anything about that. I mean, sure I blushed and for a second I even felt a flicker of worry, but when he spoke I decided to just believe what he said and not worry about it. I was on cloud nine and the only danger to my happy little buzz was myself. It's fine, you don't need to explain. Your kid means the world to you and you don't want to put him out of his comfort zone. How selfish would I be if I didn't understand that? I smiled back at him, planning on reaching out to reassure him but laughing when he got there first. I lightly traced my fingertips along the back of his hand, giving into the compulsion to touch him once more before I stepped back, determined to show I'd mean what I'd said about being understanding.

As for explaining... well, it was one kiss. If you- I frowned a little, wondering how to phrase what I was thinking. If you'd rather wait until I was eighteen to think about anything...? We could be friends, if it'd make it easier. I mean, I really like Tom, he's a great little guy, but I understand if you'd rather I didn't babysit again. God, I felt like I was tiptoeing around a sleeping guard dog, trying not to insinuate there was more to this after just one kiss. I liked him but... that didn't mean I expected him to want to like, date me or anything. Obviously I'd like that, I wasn't crazy or stupid, but he had Tom and more responsibilities than I'd ever have guessed. 

I gave up on trying to explain what I meant and just grinned at him again, nodding when he asked me about making the tea. Your Grandma has awesome taste in tea, by the way. Peppermint is my favorite too. Helps me sleeps when my minds going a million miles an hour or overclocked from too much studying. Oh great, my rambling cure was obviously wearing off. I filled the electric kettle with water and waited for it to boil, fighting back another grin at the idea of getting another kiss in the name of medical experimentation or something. When he spoke I blushed, hoping it wasn't obvious that my mind kept drifting back to what had happened, but his words made me blush even more. I smiled a little, coyly looking at him from under my lashes. I think you made that obvious already, but hearing it is still nice. My smile broadened and I felt like teasing him a little. and no offense, but I think I preferred the non-verbal version.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:39 pm

I almost followed Farah's step back, so easily taken in by her understanding. Whether she did understand or was just being kind, it didn't matter. Being a single parent was a tough and complicated situation, and with Tom it was especially so. He'd had to deal with Sarah getting a new man and then basically dumping him.. which, so far, didn't seem to really have had an effect on Tom, or not one like I was expecting, but I was worried it would crop up in the future. I definitely didn't want to introduce any girlfriends or romantic interests at the drop of the hat in case he thought I'd do the same.

That was why I didn't want to rush things, and then with the issue with Farah not being eighteen as well... but looking at her, with her right there, solidly and beautifully in front of me, it was so much more difficult to think clearly. Quote Begin I'll think about Tom when it's the right time...Quote End I said softly, trying to work out what to say to Farah. It was hard, because I didn't really know what I wanted. Quote Begin No, I don't want to stop you babysitting! And I don't want to pressure you into anything, I'm not interested in you for that, and it should be up to you - oh, not that I'm not interested in you in that way...Quote End I stopped, and sighed, then let out a chuckle. Quote Begin Your rambling's catching.Quote End I gave Farah a little nudge with my elbow. Quote Begin But really, I don't know what would be best. Friends could work, but... I don't want to just be friends, and I don't know how I'll be able to handle being round you just like that. But I don't want to not see you either...Quote End It all seemed to be getting so complicated for what it should have been - I was only meeting Farah for the second time! Even if we had been texting.... but I was sure I was complicating things unnecessarily. It was just difficult to think about not doing things with Farah when all I could think of was kissing her again with her right next to me. Quote Begin Maybe we could.. just see how it goes?Quote End I asked, tentative.

The microwave signaled that it was done and I withdrew Tom's cup of milk, returning over to Farah's side. Quote Begin Really? You'd better not get on like a house on fire and start ganging up against me with her, she's bad enough on her own.Quote End Edie had a barbed tongue, but underneath that she was so loving, so of course she never made her snarky comments when Tom was about. She obviously cared a lot about her family.

I felt my skin tingle, and I smiled back at Farah, delaying going back into the lounge. Her taunt only meant one thing to me - an invitation. I ducked down to peck another quick kiss on her lips. Or it was supposed to be a peck, and I ended up lingering, feeling heady with excitement. Quote Begin That's better?Quote End I teased back, and then quickly straightened up again, remembering how long we'd already spent in the kitchen. Quote Begin Edie'll really wonder what's gone on if we take any longer...Quote End As much as I really, really wanted to, we couldn't spend the rest of the night tucked away in the kitchen, Quote Begin Is the tea ready?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics