setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Surprise, Surprise - Page 3

[Private] Surprise, Surprise

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Surprise, Surprise

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 am

My stomach did another strange little flip at the way he reacted to me telling him my age. Or at least my soon-to-be age. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions but... maybe there was still a chance. Even if it was just that we still talked or texted or even became friends. I hated the way I felt when I thought about being just friends with Monday though, like I knew I'd want more the whole time. Which was probably really ungrateful of me. Yeah, another couple of weeks and I'm officially an adult. - I'm nearly a college student. I mean, senior year is coming to a close and I've applied for most of the colleges I could see myself going. My parents insisted I apply for Ivy League too, but I'd just want to go to U. of W. in Seattle. Wow, I'm rambling even now. I tried to stop worrying at my bottom lip but I was just so nervous about this whole conversation and where it was inevitably leading. As in, leading to me leaving and probably not coming back.

I don't think it's your fault either. I almost took a step towards him but I held myself back. How embarrassing would it be if I did that and he like, backed away? God, I'd probably die. So I just stayed where I was as much as I didn't want to. Jeez, I'd almost forgotten how bad I was crushing on Monday until actually seeing him again. Like you said, it's just a mix up. It could happen to anyone. But it had happened to us and that really, really sucked.

As soon as I saw the surprise on his face I felt bad for even mentioning anything about being thirty. I mean, it wasn't like he looked anywhere near it. Obviously not or I wouldn't have thought he was as young as I had. God, I was just making such a mess of this. At least I managed to stop myself from blurting out apologies and actually held back to listen to what he had to say. Wow, fifteen? Yeah, a lot of people would probably look down on that or see it as something to hold over someone, but all I felt was a surge of sympathy. I took that step forward without thinking about it when he came back from the fridge, so that I was right next to him, looking up. That must have been so scary for you. So many guys would've run for that responsibility as fast as they could. I felt my opinion of Monday rise even higher.

At first when he started speaking all I could do was duck my head and try to hide my blush. I worked hard but I didn't think it made me amazing or anything. I mean, look at Monday. How could he even think I was so great in comparison to him. What about you? You were just a kid having a kid but you kept him. I don't know anyone my age who would do that, who wouldn't give up the baby the first chance they got. And you love him despite all that. It's obvious. I blushed harder realizing how much I was saying and just hoping it wasn't the wrong thing. Plus you're just one of the nicest people I've ever met. Honestly, he really was just so sweet and knowing what he'd been through made that all the more impressive.

I went back to plucking at my sleeves, wondering how much I should say. I had plenty more I could say if I just had to guts to do it. I didn't reply at first when he asked me about the drink, just looking at my feet and taking a deep breath for courage before I finally looked up at him again. I reached out, nervous skimming my fingers along the back of his hand, swallowing once and then taking it properly. I meant what I said. I think you're the amazing one, and I really like you. Like, not liked. I knew I was being forward too but if this was the last time I'd get to talk to him then wasn't it better to just say it all here? I could hear the catch in my own voice as I spoke and wished I really was as mature as I felt sometimes because then I wouldn't have this stupid teenage hormones making me have to look down again because of the way my eyes were brimming up a little. So yeah, this really suck because you're probably the first guy who's ever made me feel so... special. But you're so nice and you're obviously going to do the right thing and never speak to me again. I sniffed a little, raising my arm and dragging my sleeve across my eyes. God I was acting so childish now that I was probably just making the decision even easier for him.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Again, I felt a flutter of relief in my chest that Farah wanted to go to university in Seattle instead of somewhere further afield, but again I also tried to squash that feeling down. What good would it do?

All those thoughts flew out of the window when Farah turned the tables, the conversation directing to Tom and my not so brilliant past. I could feel my cheeks burning red, the flush carrying down my neck and across my cheeks. I'd had a variety of reactions to being a teen dad before, but none so honestly from that perspective. Quote Begin Yeah, it was scary... it was honestly the scariest time of my life, being told that. But I don't think it's amazing, keeping him. Maybe other people wouldn't, maybe they would when they actually saw their kid's face, but I just didn't want my child growing up without a father.Quote End I didn't want him to go through what I had. I'd always just wanted a family, a proper family unit, mum, dad, and kid, and when Sarah had fallen pregnant there was no question to me what I'd do - even if in the end, it hadn't worked out like I wanted anyway.

I fiddled with a teaspoon, reddening even more the more Farah complimented me. Talking to her had the effect I'd come to love from our texts, that euphoric, almost dizzying and tight-chested feeling that left me grinning like a loony. This time I glanced to her with just a small smile, and it was short lived when I thought that those text conversations would be no more.

The sound of the kettle finally boiling filled the room, but the silence between Farah and I still seemed to take over. I dragged my gaze up from the floor to meet her eyes, her slightly red-rimmed eyes. Never speaking to her again? Maybe that was what I should do, what other people would do. Cut all contact and find someone older to be interested in. But that idea seemed so strange, so foreign, especially when Farah was in front of me like that, so obviously as emotionally involved as I was. It hit me like a ton of bricks, the feelings and the unfairness of it all. I find someone who I actually like, who reciprocates, but it's complicated by things beyond our control.

I wanted to reach forward and pull Farah into a hug. I very nearly did, going as far to step forward slightly, and then pause and hang back. It was so unfair. So bloody unfair.

Quote Begin Is that the right thing to do?Quote End I said suddenly, Quote Begin Do you think it's the right thing to do... do you want me to do that?Quote End I took a step closer to Farah, feeling open and vulnerable, everything laid out in front of us. My eyes kept returning to my hands, to her hair, to anything but the wetness of her eyes. In that moment of high emotions, the idea of cutting off contact with Farah felt akin to cutting off a limb - unnatural, horrible, and so, so wrong - not right. Anything but right. Quote Begin It doesn't feel right to me.Quote End I added on, quietly. My gaze raised to hers in an appeal.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:21 pm

My worries about reacting the wrong way eased when he started talking, figuring that maybe my reaction had at least been a good one. I mean, yeah of course I was surprised and maybe it hadn't been the best way to find out about his kid. But it wasn't like I could ever hold any of that against him. It wasn't his fault and even with my own limited life experiences I could understand the want to wait. Tom was his child and his business, and I respected that he'd obviously wanted to know someone better before making any kind of introduction.

Well I think it is, but I guess we could be diplomatic and agree to disagree. I smiled cautiously at him, feeling my heart lurch a little at the way he said he hadn't wanted Tom to grow up without a Dad. I mean how sweet was that? It was more than sweet actually. I was just so genuinely good of him that I felt a little at a loss for words. You must be a pretty awesome Dad anyway. Tom talks about you so much, it's really adorable. I didn't want to go all mushy over his kid and seem like I was playing it up or anything, but it was hard seeing as pretty much every kid brought out that reaction.

I noticed that I'd moved closer the longer we were talking about this, like I was unconsciously drawn towards him without even being aware of it. Sure, maybe some girls would've been a little put off by the idea of a guy with a kid but... jeez it really didn't bother me. It didn't make Monday any different from the guy I'd been texting all this time. If anything my opinion of him just grew, totally blown away by what he'd gone through and still managed to come out of as a great person.

What was worse was that it didn't in any way effect the fact that I was attracted to him. Likely crazily into him. Only communicating through a phone for so long had almost mad me forget just how much he effected me. Had he always been so tall? And hot? Not just hot-hot but cute-hot which was even better and- oh wow, I was mentally rambling again. Was I ever going to grow out of that?

I- I don't know. I said as I bit my lip, wanting to be honest and not think selfishly but it was so hard. Maybe it was wrong, at least until I turned eighteen. Even though technically I was old enough to do as I wished when it came to, um, well now I was just jumping the gun. If you want me to be totally honest then, well, I'd probably say that what I want is to be able to see you whenever I wanted for whatever reason. I pursed my lips, trying not to outright say what those reason were. Some were innocent, liking his company and him being so great. Others were... less so. My gaze flickered to his lips and  my breath caught a little before I force myself to breath normally. You've no idea how much I agree with you... totally doesn't feel right. I whispered, finally dragging my eyes back up to meet his and wishing I knew what else I could say.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 am

If my ears had been red before, now they were practically burning. I felt like a complete idiot - even trying the whole 'reminding yourself you're going red' to try and prevent it, but of course I could feel the heat on my face anyway. It wasn't even that I'd never been complimented about my parenting skills before because my sisters always had nice things to say, but they were my sisters - they pretty much had to say that. Farah was different. She didn't have to bring up or pursue the subject, but she did, and coming from her it really meant something. It meant more somehow and only made her even more attractive too.

The way Farah bit her lip just drove me mad. It sent a whole bunch of images racing through my head, images that weren't exactly innocent. Was it wrong to think like that she wasn't even eighteen yet? Not that I was the best judge of what was right or wrong in that area when I'd been sexually active when I was fourteen - look where that got me. I had no idea what ages for consent were in America either and if they differed to back home. Why was I even thinking about it?

But I couldn't stop thinking about it. Even while I was listening to her my gaze kept lowering to Farah's lips. Were all girls' lips so... big? Not big in a bad way either, but plump, kissable... My eyes widened - see me whenever she wanted and for whatever reason? IT made my heart stop in my chest a second, and then every beat after resounded that much more.

I managed to drag my gaze up, but my internal monologue kept up too. How were her eyes so deep? I'd seen brown eyes before, but Farah's had so much color and they almost glowed at certain angles when the light hit them. What colours would I even use if I tried to draw her? I blinked, and licked at my dry lips, forcing myself to glance away. What the hell was wrong with me? I sounded like a lovesick poet and English had never even been my best subject. I needed to stop thinking. My voice was weak and distant when I spoke, gaze flitting back down to watch Farah. Quote Begin Yeah.Quote End I said, and then I bent down to kiss her.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:26 am

So that was it. I'd pretty much said all that I could possibly say about, well, everything. There was so many things I could still add but I'd said the most important things and anything else would just feel like... like I was stalling for time or trying to just add one last thing that might change his mind. Which would probably just make me look really childish and like I couldn't handle a difficult situation with maturity. But that's what I would do. I'd be mature and hopefully manage to scrap together some dignity when he inevitably said I should go.

Because that's the only scenario I could see happening. I mean sure I thought he'd be nice about it. And yeah, maybe when he'd said that he didn't think it felt right I might have felt a flicker of hope that maybe it wouldn't be so inevitable... but getting my hopes up was the last thing I needed. I mean I really liked him and knowing that something was over before it'd even begun just sucked so much. The words hadn't even been said and already I felt pretty crushed. But I wasn't about to cause any fuss.

Of course the fact that his kid and grandma were in the next room helped me keep a bit calmer, but there was way more to it than that. It was Monday himself and the fact that I didn't want to let him down. He'd said he thought I was mature and a big part of me wanted to live up to that. Plus right then it was getting hard to think about reacting when I was just getting so caught up in just looking at him. Had anything changed about how I saw him now that I knew he was a father? I still thought he looked young but there was something about knowing he was twenty-four that did make him seem more mature himself, and I didn't think that was a negative thing.

He was still incredibly good looking to me. And I still couldn't believe he didn't see how out of my league he was. Especially now that I knew he could probably get a beautiful woman his own age. One with that was tall and curvaceous and not some short girl whose chest was probably never getting past a B-cup because her hips took any hope of curves for themselves. How could he not do better? He was tall and had eyes that were almost pretty on a guy but just enhanced all his masculine features even more. His hair was definitely the type you'd get the urge to run your fingers through. His lips... jeesh, why would I even torture myself with that? I had no idea what his body was like but if it was anything like the rest of him I'd probably forever kick myself for not being able to find out. He definitely had broad shoulders which was just really appealing even though I wasn't quite sure why.

I startled imperceptibly when he spoke, realizing that I'd been staring at him without really saying anything and I had no idea whether I'd been doing it for just a couple of seconds or longer. I didn't even get a chance to think about how embarrassing that would be before my mind registered that he was leaning closer and my heart kicked up a notch. Was he-? Anticipation tingled along my skin in that brief moment and then his lips touched mine and I basically melted. My breath caught in my throat and I didn't even think about what I was doing. For once my mind didn't get caught up on all the my hang ups and what I might be getting wrong. I just closed my eyes and kissed him back, my arms reaching out and my hands sliding up his chest to grip his shoulders. I rose up on to my toes like that would somehow help me get closer. My heart fluttered, there really was no other way to describe it, as sheer bliss filled my chest. I'd imagined about this more times than I'd have even admitted to my best friend but it had been nothing compared to the real thing. Not even close.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics