setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Surprise, Surprise

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 am

Thread Details

west residence | overcast and muggy | early evening

OOC Message
Outfit + Hoodie, hair just in a messy ponytail.

First-time babysitting jobs always made me nervous. It wasn't that I was afraid of messing up or not taking care of a kid properly, but... well, what if they didn't like me? I hated when older people said that a child was too young to make up their mind about things like that, that they didn't even know what they liked or didn't yet. That was just so unfair, a kid had every right to decide they didn't like them. In fact a lot of the time a child's instincts were more trustworthy than an adults'.

So I didn't think it was silly to be nervous, even though my track record with kids was pretty much A+. I hadn't met one I couldn't win over yet and I used that knowledge to help be now. At least the house was nearby so if things didn't work out I wouldn't be stranded in a house waiting for a lift be glared at by parents. Okay, I was totally over-thinking things now. I grabbed a hoodie from my wardrobe and shrugged it on as I made my way downstairs. I'm heading out now, not sure when I'll be back. I called out as I passed my little brothers room. I heard a vague grunt in reply, one that was nearly drowned out by the sounds of whatever game he was currently absorbed in. My parents weren't home so I just grabbed my backpack off the end table when I got downstairs and headed out the door.

A few minutes later I was knocking on the door and taking a step back to look at the house. It was really beautiful. Not over the top like a lot of the houses around here, including my own. There was just something so homey about this place and I found myself immediately falling in love with it, hoping the interior matched. The door was opened by a guy who introduced me to Tom, who wasn't his kid but his cousin's. He seemed in a rush to leave, barely stopping long enough to tell me about bedtimes before he'd left. After he had left I'd turned my attention to Tom, crouching down in front of him and going through the motions of letting him get to know me. It involved asking countless questions, which was a part I actually liked. Finding out about each other. He was a funny little guy when he'd gotten past his initial shyness. I was introduced to Terry and we spent another ten minutes talking about him and all the things Terry liked. At one point he made me laugh by pointing out that I wasn't 'much bigger' than he was. Not necessarily true, but I was probably shorter than a lot of people he knew.

My worries had completely dissolved by the time he'd said he wanted to watch a movie, finally bored of after an hour of hide and seek around his house. He surprised me by curling up next to me for it, leaning his head against my arm and the Disney castle popped up on the screen along with music I'd been hearing my whole life. So what are we watching? "Dinosaur! Have you seen it? Do you like it?!" I grinned down at him, surprised. I have, but it's been so long I can barely remember it. Wow, I was actually looking forward to this. Maybe I was the one who needed a babysitter.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Surprise, Surprise

Monday West |

Posted on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:27 pm

OOC Message
Wearing this.

We were halfway to the birthday party of one of Edie's friends when she got the call to say it had been cancelled. Apparently the venue had a water leak of some kind.

Quote Begin Let's just go home.Quote End Edie practically ordered, huffing out an unpleased sigh and obviously not wanting to go to the effort of finding the backup venue. I shrugged and had turned the car around. Edie had a lot of friends and this woman might not be a close one, so that combined with the fact I knew her joints had been playing up was enough to stop me encouraging my grandmother to make the extra effort.

It was actually a load off my mind too. Joel had texted to say he'd been called into work, meaning he'd had to bring in a babysitter for Tom. I'd given him the number for the one Logan had recommended, but had still spent most of the car journey worrying about it. I'd never met this girl. What if her and Tom didn't get on? What if, even though Logan seemed to like her, she wasn't actually a very good babysitter? I'd basically left my son with a stranger. Joel, being Joel, hadn't even messaged me her name. Knowing him he probably hadn't even asked.

If I went a little faster round the bends than I normally did, Edie didn't mention it.

The sky was just barely light when I pulled into the drive. I craned my head to try and see through the windows, but dutifully helped Edie out of the car, fetching her crutches from the boot/trunk and walking her to the door.

Quote Begin Hello?Quote End I called after we'd gotten in, smiling when I heard the familiar music of Dinosaur playing from the lounge. Quote Begin I hope we haven't surprised you, getting back early.Quote End I said, still in the hallway as I took off my shoes and hung my coat up. I walked into the lounge, a friendly smile on my face and prepared to introduce myself.

The greeting died on my lips when I saw who was on the couch. Quote Begin Oh.Quote End I just said instead, staring at Farah in complete surprise.

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:17 pm

The sound of a car pulling into the drive had me looking around, craning my neck to try see out of the closest window. Had that guy forgotten something in his rush to leave earlier? It had been a while since then so I wasn't even sure it would've taken all that time to realize you'd forgotten something. Not if it was important enough to come back for. Tome didn't even seem to notice the noise, already too engrossed in the movie and the way he was leaning against my arm made me super reluctant to get up. There was something so amazing about a child taking you into their circle, especially with how quickly they did it once they decided they would trust you and the little gestures that showed it.

For a second a panicked thought hit me as my protective instincts kicked in. What if it was a burglar or something. Did they have any form of home protection here? Even a baseball bat? I hadn't been told anything along those lines and wasting time looking for one. Then I heard the noises from outside, the sounds of door opening and closing and realized I was being a total idiot. Jesus maybe I really was a kid if I was going to let something like that freak me out. I was just always over-protective around kids, I could rarely help myself.

The sound of a voice calling out a greeting immediately calmed me down fully, though I frowned at how... familiar it sounded. I mean, that was definitely an English accent but I only knew one guy with a-

My thoughts whirred as I watched Monday walk in, wondering what on earth he was doing until I felt movement beside me and watched Tom stand up on the couch, bouncing slightly. "Dad! You're back!" My jaw dropped and I scrambled to stand upright, looking between Monday and Tom, seeing and undeniable resemblance. But... but that didn't make any sense. Tom had to be like eight or nine years old. I'd thought Monday was only around twenty but if he had a kid this old- holy crap he had a kid. I'd been crushing on a guy with a kid? Dad? I echoed, looking at Monday with wide eyes like I still couldn't really believe it.

Get it together Farah. I noticed the older woman now, and realized how this must look. As in, really bad. Gosh, how was I supposed to react to this? Luckily Tom chimed in, or not so luckily. "Dad, can Farah stay even though you're back?" Oh no I couldn't, I mean, I'm sure dinner time is coming up and I can't just intrude. This was probably just the most awkward thing ever. I mean he had to be old than I'd guessed. God, no wonder we'd never met up again, he probably thought I was immature and just... an idiot or something.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:25 pm

At any other time I'd have already been telling Tom to stop jumping on the sofa, but I was in such a daze that what he was doing didn't register at first. By the time it had Tom had already bounded off of it and bounded towards me, bouncing into a hug. He buried his face into my hoody, typical of when he wanted something and was trying to act cute. Quote Begin Please can she stay? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!Quote End He chanted. Tom just sent Farah an injured look, complete with jutting bottom lip, when she suggested she couldn't.

Quote Begin Uh,Quote End I snapped back to reality, glancing down at him and then back up at Farah. Farah. She was a babysitter? The babysitter? The highschool babysitter? But wasn't she at college? I began hoping Logan had got muddled up and she wasn't in high school after all, but even if that was true, my cat was well and truly out of the bag. What was worse was that she was still so cute and there was no stopping the tightening sensation in my chest and tummy, which was only partly due to embarrassment. Even Farah was looking at me like I'd grown an extra head I didn't help any and I could just grit my teeth. I had it bad..

Quote Begin No! No - you should stay!Quote End I said, Tom's cheering and subsequent bouncing around the room just background noise as I looked down at Farah. I licked nervously at my lips. This was going to be embarrassing and something I hadn't planned to tackle yet, but the last thing I wanted was for Farah to get the wrong idea. I at least wanted to try and explain myself. Quote Begin If you want, that is.Quote End I added on. I knew there was every chance she'd just want to run as fast as she could in the opposite direction, but I really hoped she'd stay, the sudden stress of the situation threatening to bring on a headache. Quote Begin Dinner's not a problem, we were going to eat out but now I'll probably just order in. You're not intruding, and I'd like if you'd stay...Quote End I looked down to my feet, flushing slightly with nerves, and then glanced back to Farah's dark brown eyes. Quote Begin At least long enough so I can explain?Quote End

Back to top Go down

Farah Adams |

Posted on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Oh my God, not the pout. I looked from Monday to Tom, heart squeezing at the sight of the look on his face. Jeesh, no matter how well I knew kids and what they could do to get their own way, I was still a total sucker for the puppy eyes. I could bring myself to say no to most kids though, even if it was a struggle. But now that I was in the know it was like seeing a miniature Monday giving me that look, English accent and all... and I'm ashamed to say it made it all the more effective. Thank God it wasn't actually Monday doing it or I probably would've melted.

Seeing that Monday looked just as shocked as I felt made me squirm with embarrassment, and I had to physically stop myself from moving around. Even though it was pure chance that had landed me here tonight I couldn't help but feel weird about it. Please, please say I didn't look like some creepy stalker who'd managed to find him and like, invent an excuse to be here. Crap, I was letting my imagination get out of hand again, and probably because of nerves and- Wait, what? I should stay? Did that mean that he didn't think I was immature and everything else I'd been worried about? No! I mean, of course I'd like to- Oh wow, could I be any more of a parrot? I took a hesitant step closer to the pair but pulled short before taking another.

Well if you're sure that it'd be okay, I don't want to cause any hassle. Though Tom's reaction had me thinking that leaving would've cause more fuss than staying put. Plus there were a lot of things I was curious about. Then I could hear Monday, his voice affirming that he wanted me to stay and I was back to parrot mode. You do? Oh, so he could explain. Maybe he wanted to clear up having a kid and still thought I was too young and everything. I guess that makes sense. I mean, I'd like to stay too if you want me to. I managed to say without mumbling, hoping I didn't come across like a total moron. I looked at Tom, unable to stop the smile on my face at the way he was celebrating. "Can we put Dinosaur back on now?" He hopped onto the armchair closest to the TV. "You can have the couch since your bigger." He proclaimed with an air of generosity that made me giggle. I gave Monday a shy glance before I noticed the older woman again and flusher. Oh, hi! I'm Farah. Farah Adams. I live close by. I said, introducing myself.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics