setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce - Page 2

[Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:27 pm

I watched the emotions play across Ben's face. He looked as frustrated as I felt. I wanted answers, but I still hesitated when he asked to talk. I glanced at the clock even though I knew I didn't have anything pressing to do. The patient who I'd just been talking to had a minor problem at best and one of the nurses, Carrie, was taking care of it. She was a sweetheart too - I'd been so on edge that the patient was probably glad when I left him in her hands.

I don't know, Dr. Reese.It was such a slow night that I couldn't really come up with a good excuse, but I needed to create some barriers. Some walls of protection, to protect... my emotions, I suppose. Keeping it formal was one way to do it. My biggest problem was that I was somehow sickly curious about what he had to say. What possible explanation could he have for his behavior? I crossed my arms but after a moment I gave a resigned sigh.

I guess I can spare a minute... I glanced down the hall, considering our options for places to speak. Ben had a rep, one that I had almost forgotten. Rumors had spread about his and Felicity's closet antics, and I didn't not want to be fuel for that fire. A friend of mine had an office in a nearby wing that she sometimes forgot to lock and wouldn't be a bad place to use. I think Kim... uh, Dr. Szabo's office might be unlocked, I said, not waiting for him to respond before I turned and started walking down the hall. I was taking charge, showing that he didn't affect me. Even if he did...

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Laurel had a little fight in her, which made her that much more appealing to me. I never wanted easy mode, which is probably one reason I wanted her so much in the first place. I had sort of thought that once we'd gotten a little off to the side, the formalities would be dropped. She got an awkward and painful half smile from me but I don't even think she saw it before she headed for Dr. Szabo's office. I waited, gave her some space and then I followed.

Once I reached the office I paused before going in, rubbing the back of my neck. The possibility had already made itself apparent to me that I would have her cornered, if I couldn't wait any longer. No, I didn't mean I would make her do anything she didn't want to do, but the problem was that if I lost my willpower I could make her want to do it. Which was the same, wasn't it? It was cheating. It wouldn't be as fun, but damn, it would stil be fun. I stepped in and turned fully around to close the door behind me. I leaned against the door, not a false sign of frustration but the reason behind it was not the one I would be sharing with her. I looked down toward the floor, pitifully defeated.

I owe you an explanation, and all I ask is that you hear me out. I met her eyes, waiting for a response, a luxury I didn't need to give since I had the door - but I pretended to be oblivious to that fact.

It had a little to do with Fel, but not in the way you think. I had thought of this on my way to work. I had taken a long route in the car just to afford myself the time for this. I don't know how I couldn't look like a villain in this scenario. I look pretty bad, but the thing is - She wasn't so desperate for me because she wanted me. Felicity wanted out. She felt pressured into being with this guy - that's been a long standing thing. I looked away, this time, thinking myself that liars tried too hard with eye contact, and it really just made it uncomfortable. Instead, I stared at nothing as if I was remembering a conversation, a memory with Felicity.

I was her out, she's even admitted that to me a time or two. Yesterday I thought I was doing the right thing for her by making her be stand up for what she herself wanted, without me as an excuse. Finally, I left the door, and took a few steps closer to Laurel. And that whole bit - the ties she still tried to find with me made me feel like I didn't deserve you.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

The halls were pretty quiet and my footsteps echoed loudly as we moved down the hall - they almost intensified the awkwardness of the silence. Maybe it wasn't awkward for him, but my mind was racing. I cast a few sidelong glances at him as I pondered the situation. What would he say? What excuses would he give? Would I believe him? I didn't want to be some fool who was blinded by love, or 'like', since I couldn't really call what I felt love. And if I still liked him did he really even like me? Was it even a possibility that we would be together? I couldn't answer the questions. I wasn't sure what I wanted and what I was willing to risk to get it.

He asked me to hear him out, but it just me me angry. If anything he owed me this explanation, and it was my choice whether I wanted to listen to what he had to say or not. I was taking time out of my schedule to talk to him upon his request even after he ran out on me. He should have been glad that I didn't walk out right then. Or maybe that was just my bruised pride talking, after all even I didn't hate him.

I don't know exactly what my face looked like through his story. Maybe a mix of vaguely pissed off and confused, because that pretty much summed up how I felt. It wasn't so much that I wanted Ben to be the villain as much as suicide was something that resonated deeply with me. My own struggles with depression and inadequacy made it hard not to choose her side, if there even were sides.

So what you're saying is... you ran out on me because you didn't think you were... good enough? Maybe I was skeptical because he seemed so confident - like maybe he was feeding me a line. On the other hand, I had just spent a few minutes mentally ranting about how depression and inadequacy was. You couldn't really tell who had it just by looking at them, and who knew what was really going on with Ben?

Back to top Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:31 pm

I really didn't have anything to say for a moment. I could say my silence was intentional, scripted. But it wasn't. I hadn't planned anything past what I had just spoken to her. Maybe I thought that some sort of weakness would be enough. I had severely underestimated her, and overestimated myself, which was a little frustrating. My face hardened, though I didn't look at her. I had wanted to sit down, do the least talking I had to do and.. did I really expect anything to happen today? Seriously? Yeah, I tell myself I'd hoped, but not expected. I was used to things being so easy.

What? Is that so hard to believe? Sometimes the saddest are the funniest are they not? I wasn't pleading. I was now a lawyer, making my case. I'm not going to stand in front of you and pretend I don't have a history, and I can't pretend you don't know about it.

I couldn't spell it out any more for her. The fact that I ran, that I showed some restraint, shouldn't that tell her something? Or at least convince her of something.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:15 pm

I could see Ben visibly become defensive. My skepticism was forcing him to do what I had already done - put up barriers. Look, Ben. I'm sorry. You're right, and it was cold for me not to understand. I know exactly what it feels like. I was just hurt is all. My empathetic side was coming out. I'd always been told that I cared too much for people. It got a little scary how much I felt what other people felt, but I tried to channel that energy into helping people and I felt I could help been now.

Look, this may sound weird, but you can talk to me. I've experienced that firsthand, and it's better than running out on me anyway. I'd gone from formal to friendly in two seconds flat, but I couldn't help it. I seriously believed Ben needed someone to talk to and if I could be that person then I couldn't just walk away.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics