setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce - Page 3

[Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Re: [Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 pm

It was lucky on my part that I'd turned away from her or else she'd have picked up on how startled I was. Honestly I think I'd hoped for a little bit of a fight from her. Maybe she'd been wanting to drop her panties for me for longer than I'd realized. So maybe, just maybe, I had to up the challenge for myself. Maybe I could give Laurel a reason to blush next time she stepped foot into Dr. Szabo's office. 

I turned around catching Laurel's eyes as soon as she was in my field of vision, and stepped toward her. I cocked my head to the side, my expression soft but I wasn't smiling. 

I'm sorry, I'm just surprised you're... I stopped, really not sure what to say next. I really was better at playing the long game. I mean you haven't completely shut me out. Even after... I mean I'm sure you've heard things. And I won't lie. Some of them are true. Finally, to ease the tension, I pulled the chair that sat in front of Dr. Szabo's desk and sat, my posture slumped and relaxed. 

I really do like you, but you know... I'm kind of at your mercy, aren't I? I finally smiled.

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:30 pm

My skeptical side kicked in again. Maybe he was just playing me with the whole not good enough thing. He'd probably slept with loads of women, why should I have been any different? But it was hard for me to just ignore it. Depression was something I'd battled every day. What if I'd opened up to someone about it and he just rejected me? I told myself that I was a confident decisive woman, but there were so many moments when I wanted to what he had done - run away. Not have to make myself vulnerable. That was the best way to protect yourself from others. That was what I'd done and he'd hurt me. If he'd given me any other excuse I probably would've laughed it off. How did the saying go? Fool me once shame on you. Well he'd fooled me once and now I was on the brink. The brink of letting him fool me again. Or maybe not, if he was being honest.

I leaned against Kim's desk, unsure of what to say. I almost desperately wanted him to convince me that this was the real thing. That it was what I desired - someone who understood me. Who understood what it was like to have the job that I did and dealt with the things that I did. Just tell me the truth - the whole truth. Tell me what rumors are true. I want... I trailed off. I almost said that I wanted to know that I could trust him, but I didn't want to tell him that. I didn't want him to know how willing I was to believe him. What if he realized that and used it to play me and I fell into the trap I was trying so hard to avoid. However much I wanted to believe him I wanted more to not get hurt.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm

There was the fighter I'd been looking for, but I decided I wasn't going to play so nice. Did I really want to make it as easy as me giving Laurel some cheap facade to buy into? Or did I want her to know just what she was getting into without being able to stop herself? I stood up, now, inching closer to her.

You know what I'm starting to think, Laurel? I didn't sound exactly menacing, or angry, but it wasn't soft, or comforting. I was relaxed, but careless. I don't think it matters to you. I think that you'd love for me to be your little project, right? You want to fix me. Maybe I was doing nothing more than making the game harder for myself. Maybe she would run right out the door. But I had to up the ante a little. You want to be the girl who tamed the beast, don't you?

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm not sure what I was expecting. Why would I have thought that I could have just asked for something, and then gotten it? I thought I understood Ben, and that he understood me, but his words were like a slap in the face. I might have audibly gasped, and he was just suddenly so close. I tried to step back, but I was already leaning against the desk and I practically sat on the thing trying to get away. I don't even know why I was so hurt. If anything he'd ever said to me was true, he was probably just trying to put up walls - right? How could you say that? I... I was at a loss for words. He thought I was trying to fix him? Tame the beast? I didn't even know if he was a beast. Rumors were one thing, but once we actually became friends, if we were ever friends, I had come to like him.

His suggestion that I was just trying to change him was like an attack on me, on my character. Like he thought that I didn't care about him, but about making him a prize on my shelf or something like that. And that hurt. I'd told him I'd liked him, despite his reputation, because I actually liked him. Even after the whole incident with Felicity, I'd still liked him. I couldn't really blame him for her suicide, she was even engaged. Refusing her was the honorable thing to do. Her death was a tragedy that I would undo in a heartbeat, but I'd preferred that he'd stuck to principal instead of caving just to appease her - it wasn't like he knew she was going to die.

I made another move to escape, because I simply couldn't find the words to explain to Ben how I felt, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to, if that was what he really thought of me. As I stood up from the desk and tried to sidestep him my foot knocked into one of the legs of the desk and I went down. I landed on my bottom on the ground, staring up at him and blushing fiercely as I scrambled to stand up without further bruising my dignity, or what remained of it.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:39 am

I had asked my question out of an honest suspicion, but the answer was not something I cared about. Even if she was honest about it. What, if anything, had I done for her to see anything else in me? Some small talk here and there? A kiss? And that kiss, if I remembered correctly, was her idea. Maybe I was just that charming. Pointing that out might not have been a good idea, but I was bored. I was finding that I liked to play, I liked head games even more now that Noelle had turned me into this.

I had counted on her to try to get away, and I wasn't exactly going to stop her, but she would have to get through me first. Laurel had to give me at least a little physical contact, because I knew there would be some tension there, and it would work in my favor even if -

And then she was down in the floor. Not what I expected. A snarky grin appeared on my face, yes, but I didn't laugh. See? Getting away from me isn't that easy, I said, as I bent slightly and reached a hand to help her up.

Once she was up, I spoke before she could leave. But think about it, Laurel, what else would you see in me? My eyes connected with hers when I asked. I stepped back, so that she could leave then if she wanted.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics