setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben

Benjamin Reese | Vampire; Infant

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:35 pm

Thread Details

Index General Hospital | Cold, light snow | Midnight Shift

I would have done it in my car, had I not wanted to make a mess. That was something I hadn't yet mastered, especially when I was that hungry. And it had been too cold to convince her that outside would be any fun at all. So it was her shower. And I couldn't help but to be proud of myself. For as hungry as I was, the slit on her wrist after a romp in the shower was perfect. I drank as much as I could, and the left over mess just made sense. Although the next bit at work would be awkward as fuck. She wasn't well liked, loved showing her authority over simple minor dress code infractions and cell phones.

I had to decide quickly what would be an appropriate response. Did I pretend to feel some guilt? Would that make me seem to arrogant? To think my rejection of her would be any cause of her "suicide"? I was a smart kid, though, I knew exactly what to do. And if anything, it would help my chances with Laurel after the ruin of the other night. I had even thought about knocking on her door after I'd taken care of Felicity. After a shower, of course. It would have been simple. She would have answered, and I wouldn't have said a word. I would have pulled her against me and made both of us forget Fel had ever existed. But it was too late, and my life wasn't a goddamn twisted Nicholas Sparks movie. I had to give it some time.

"This isn't good. I need to keep busy."
"Just because she's dead doesn't mean I'm going to pretend I liked her."
"CANDY!"
"Just sayin'."

Remind me not to kill Candy. Ever. I had to appreciate the honesty, but I hid my smirk and kept my head down. I didn't say much of anything, which was the best thing for me to do. Fel and I had been the worst kept secret. And it didn't matter what door was closed behind me, I still heard the conversations about how "she wasn't as much of a bitch when Dr. Reese was taking care of her". So yeah, it didn't take long for me to realize a facade of guilt was appropriate. I got quite a few sympathetic looks, and some even wanted to hug me, but they stopped themselves. I agreed with everyone else, though, I hated the slow pace of the night. I hated this bullshit front I had to put up.

"Dr. Reese, have you seen Dr. Davis? I need discharge orders for the guy in bed two."

Oh, shit, she was working tonight, wasn't she? I was both excited and anxious. I didn't want it to be so soon after they found Fel, but here it was. Game on.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] A Regular Hawkeye Pierce

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:15 pm

OOC Message

Felicity was dead. It was the first thing I heard when I arrived at the hospital for my shift. Apparently she committed suicide and everywhere I went people were talking about it. She wasn't the most popular of people, and I'd found her a bit immature myself but I've always preferred not to speak ill of the dead. It didn't stop people from talking though, and talk they did. The most popular rumor was that she'd killed herself after Ben rejected her. A rejection I'd been privy to, at least somewhat. But she wasn't the only one Ben had rejected. My face burned in embarrassment when I thought about the way he'd run out after I kissed him. I still didn't understand what had happened. He'd said he liked me, kissed me back even. Then he was gone.

I knew he was working tonight. It was hard to forget. I considered calling in sick, but decided against it. I'm no coward, and that would be a childish move anyway. I'd hoped for a busy night without much time for talking and thinking about what happened just a few nights ago or Felicity's suicide. I hadn't run into Ben yet, but it felt like I was delaying the inevitable.

I finished a taking a history and stepped out of the room, heels clicking against the tile floor as I made my way down the hall. I turned a corner and then I saw him. He was talking to one of the nurses, Jane, and I heard my name as I approached. I have them right here, I said, handing the papers to her. I glanced briefly at Ben, debating what to do. Good evening, I said finally and turned to go with a nod in his direction. I would keep things professional and everything would be fine.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:25 pm

The thought settled in that this might be more difficult than I had planned. I cursed myself silently for being so reckless. Fuck the challenge of it, I was in the door, then I stepped out and nailed it shut by killing Fel. And if she was able to open it back up, it would be nothing but a sympathy card which I really didn't want. The charm in it for me was the idea that I could make the girl sell her soul for me. The idea of someone as sweet and clean as Laurel giving in in spite of my tainted record. I didn't want to be a sympathy fuck. Not for Laurel, not for Noelle.

So what would happen on a slow night like this? Laurel didn't work many night shifts, but usually an empty Emergency Department brought the staff together for what usually ended up in rather interesting group discussions. It brought us all to the main desk, unless you had crew with a cliquey vibe to it, then you'd catch a few of them hiding in the break room. Before I'd been turned I worked a few day shifts, and I know having time to do something like that would be a completely alien concept to Laurel.

I'd already started learning her walk, her breathing pattern, which yeah, I'm sure that sounds really creepy, but it was how I was learning to use my gift. It wasn't just her. Anyone I was more than an acquaintance with I realized I could learn these things about them. Surely I would benefit from it later. But I pretended not to notice her presence until I heard her voice. I was sad, right? Or feeling some complicated mix of grief and guilt or some bullshit. Oh, hey Doctor Davis. And as if I'd rehearsed it a thousand times only my eyes flickered to her at first, then back to the floor, and then I turned and let my whole gaze fall upon her. I let the "light" turn on in my eyes, but only for a second before the guilt kicked back in. Lets hope I was as good of an actor as I thought.

I began to question why I was going through all of this for Laurel. Why was it so important that I fix this with her? Jane walked off with the discharge papers and I found myself alone with Laurel. Do you hate me? Yet another spill, something that come out that wasn't a strictly calculated plan. Where the hell did it come from?

Back to top Go down

Laurel Davis | Human; Citizen

Posted on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:09 pm

At first I thought that he had come to the same resolve that I had to keep it professional, especially so soon after Felicity's death. There was no way he would want anyone to know about what had happened between us so soon after her death anyway. It would cast a bad light on him and me, regardless of whether he had rejected me in the end. I was content to greet him, hand Jane the orders, and go.

When he spoke to me, though, my entire resolve crumbled. The carefully constructed wall I had built to protect myself from the rumors and from him and, most importantly, from myself went down the moment the question came out of his mouth. Did I hate him? I didn't know the answer to the question myself. The more I though about it, the more I realized that I really didn't. Maybe I should've. Wasn't it in human nature to hate what we feared? But I wasn't really afraid of him as much as the humiliation I'd faced when I'd allowed my defenses to go down.

I studied the floor for a few moments - I'd never been that great at looking people in the eye as it was. Do I hate you? No, Ben, I don't. But I am confused. What happened? I mean you ran out, and then Felicity... I trailed off, then sighed. Obviously she had killed herself, and he had no way of knowing that it would happen so soon after the fiasco in my kitchen, but I couldn't help but feel guilty. You said that you liked me, and then left. What am I supposed to think? Now I felt silly. Like I was whining about him liking me while another woman, someone he had been with was dead. Maybe it was for the best that he had left before anything could happen.

Back to top Go down

Ben

Posted on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:20 pm

This was working better than I had thought, and my little slip up might have confused myself, but it was certainly helping my case. It wasn't her words - and it wasn't like I knew what she was thinking, either. But things I could read now, heart rate, posture, maybe it was wishful thinking, but I felt I had given her just enough of myself to make her want more, just enough to have her thinking about me, and then I pulled myself away. And she didn't like it when I left. It mattered that I left. It was small, but it showed that I had gotten in.

I didn't show my little victory. I looked up in frustration, took a deep breath (which was something I still did whether I needed it or not - habit_, and finally after a pause I looked her in the eye. Do you have a minute? To speak... privately?

I wasn't in danger, this time, not that I knew what to expect, but I'd recently fed and well... I had a nice supply source standing outside. Or if I really wanted, I could make an "accident" happen in the blood bank. I would figure something out if I was desperate. I quickly ran through places where we could go if she said yes, and I hated all of the places I thought about. They reminded me of the others, Ebony, Fel, I didn't want this to be the same.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics