setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Metamorphosis - Page 13

[Private] Metamorphosis

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Metamorphosis

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah... My voice trailed off, wondering if my head was one of those heads she'd been in. I wasn't fucking paranoid about it or anything, I just had to wonder if she'd ever gotten past the static of the way my gift conflicted with hers unnoticed. I had to admit, there were still times when I felt like I needed to be mentally on guard. I knew her, but I didn't at the same time. Maybe she did dig in there from time to time, searching for things I didn't want anyone to know or... hearing things I didn't want anyone to hear... How many times had she heard what I really thought about her? The good, the bad, even the stuff I didn't admit to myself? Could she even access the stuff I didn't admit to myself? I had so many questions, the kind of questions I couldn't ask her without offending her, so I kept them to myself, hoping that one day I could lock them up with the stuff I couldn't admit to myself so she'd never know. Even if there was a chance she could.

I don't dance around peoples feelings. Hard truths are the only acceptable truths. I admitted, even if it was a partial lie. It had a bit of honesty attached to it though, hard truths really were the only acceptable truths. The other stuff was the stuff we lied to ourselves about. They will. Another partial lie. I didn't know if they would forgive her, but I couldn't imagine them going this long without seeing her and accepting her with anything but open arms. Fuck if I could see my parents again I wouldn't ask any questions, I'd accept them. So why wouldn't her family do the same for her? If I could get past the brutality of time, anyone could.

I was hoping my strict focus on the water would change the course my mind was currently running, and it did, even more when I heard her body moving behind me causing a smile to curl at the corners of my mouth. But then it went away when I couldn't hear anything anymore, not even a step or a breath. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath of the lake air. My eyes instinctively began to glow when I felt myself falling face forward into the water, I didn't even have a chance to register where her hands touched me or even what she said before I was completely under.

I surfaced and violently flung the water from my hair, causing a pain in my neck but it was worth it when I saw it splatter over her smug face. Who got who again? I stuck my tongue out as I laughed, causing it to sound cackley just as hers did when I emerged my head from the water. I quickly swam on my back, heading for the center of the lake. If she wanted revenge, she would have to come and get it...

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Metamorphosis

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:43 am

My lips twitched slightly at what he said, wondering if he'd completely missed the fact that I was joking when I'd said that. Shit it wasn't like I treated people any better when it came to telling them what I thought. Brutal honesty was the best kind, I didn't give a damn that most people couldn't handle it. So I guess that means you'll tell me if something makes my ass look fat. Good to know. Jokes aside it was good to know he was the type of person to tell you straight. Being a warlord now only made me appreciate it all the more. With any job you'd want to know that the your boss was being fucking honest with you, wouldn't just watch you blindly make an ass of yourself and fuck up your tasks.

When he voiced his opinion on whether they'd forgive me or not I just shrugged. Neither of us were psychic, and I knew there was a chance that it might've been too long or that the damage might run too deep. Hell, who knew if they'd even believe it was me at first? If my 'kid' showed up after ten years with no excuses as to why they'd vanished then I'd be pretty fucking skeptical. Maybe think they were some fucking fraud looking for money of media attention. People did worse things in worse scenarios.

Gloating didn't even fucking cover what I was doing after I'd pushed him in. It was just the act itself but the fact that I'd managed to be quiet enough to actually sneak up and catch him off guard. At least, I was sure that had to be the case. Otherwise he would've tried to do something to stop me, right? 

The slap of water across my face completely caught me off guard, making me fall back on to my ass. His words had me eyes flashing as I scrambled back to my feet, growling playfully. You're fucking dead Vin, so dead. I called after him, taking a few steps back to get a running start, adding distance to my dive into the water. I surfaced, pushing my hair back from my face aand setting off after him.

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics