setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Metamorphosis - Page 2

[Private] Metamorphosis

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Metamorphosis

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:48 am

When her eyes met mine, mine narrowed, and my head began to slowly rise a little bit higher. I felt a spark of what felt like adrenaline crawl up my spine. As if for the first time, I didn't need her gift to know what she was thinking. My posture and stance was so solid it could have been assumed I had iron in my boots or I was made of stone from the neck down. This was contrasted by Ghosts grace, the way she suddenly seemed as if she was floating, like she was nothing but wind guiding us through the rest of the ritual. Wind was the only way to describe her. What else could reach each and every one of us at the same time with such continuity?

The headdress was placed on her head so lightly that if I hadn't known it's weight, I would have assumed it'd be carried away on that same wind. Ghost removed her hands from it, and did so in a way that made it obvious to me that every action she made was a dance. She made any negative notion any may have had during the ritual brighter by adding such beauty in her movements and voice. I guess that was the calm a real spiritual leader could induce in a pack shining through.

I watched her stand. The blanket slipped off her shoulders revealing the markings beneath. It slipped past her waist, then her hips, until nothing was left but her, and the blanket at her feet. She seemed to rise taller than me in that moment, as if she had the weight of iron in her blood. But at the same time, when her eyes met mine again, she also carried with her the grace of Ghost. Solid but delicate all at the same time. My stone posture faltered in that moment, long enough for my steady breathing to be interrupted by a deep breath that pushed my chest towards the sky. An unwilling and at the same time willing display of my weakness to her at that moment.

My eyes were still glued to her, and her face, hoping to draw her attention to me again but not wanting to give up my freedom to observe all of her either. The only thing that tore my eyes away was the sudden surge from the fire beyond her. The herbs caused it to roar, and it sent a surge of light in all directions, almost fully illuminating everything around it and beyond it. The smoke that followed was darker and danced differently. Voices and drums began to fade in, matching the beat and tone to Ghost. They got increasingly louder, and more out of unison with each passing second. The totem poles began to rise, and I took in another deep breath. The smoke looked as if it was moving towards her, but less frantically than normal smoke. It moved slower, more precisely. Moving around itself and refusing to rise towards the sky. It neared Oveyx, almost moving fast then slow again, like it was itself dancing to the beat of the drum.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:49 am

Shit, just looking at someone shouldn't cause a reaction like this. My insides were molten liquid in that instant, lips parting as I took in a quick breath that was almost a gasp, feeling bolder as I stepped out of the circle of fabric that the blanket had made when it had fallen and pooled at my feet. My grip on the gifts tightened slightly when I realized I still hadn't looked away, this time I mentally owned up to the fact that it was something I had to struggled to do. I let my gaze slide lower instead, looking from his chest to his tapering hips and stretch of skin above the waistline of his low-hanging pants. There was yet more strength in the way he held himself, maybe something I'd only caught glimpses of before.

But it was the way he sucked in that breath that drew my attention back to his face, catching a look there that made body give out a throb of desire. Maybe it was everything else that was going on, the heightened senses and the sheer aura of dominance he gave off that caused this uncontrollable reaction. Whatever it was I had to look away from him, letting Ghost draw my focus as I watched her preparing for the next step, while still feeling his gaze of me like a white-hot branding iron. One that seared with a different type of heat than that of the bonfire.

The sheer fabric of the wrap caught the light in a way that shimmer, like something ethereal in itself. But that vague thought was thrown from my mind as Ghost signaled the next step, the most important one. The one that I'd spent sleepless nights thinking about but which now seemed like it was just a natural as breathing. My nose twitched as the smell from the burning herbs hit my nose, the underlying scent of narcotics carrying through. Hopefully this experience wouldn't be anything like the poison. The chanting and the beat of the drum pounded in my ears as I watched the smoke, curling and stretching like it was getting used to the freedom of moving as it wish, unbound by the laws of nature. This was it, this was really happening.

My blanket had been picked up from where I'd dropped it, someone fanning the fire with it, obscured in shadow. The smell grew stronger, even more so than that of the burning wood which had filled the night just moments ago. The totems were fully upright now, which meant that only one thing would happen next. I stared at the shadows as they drew even closer, it's movements choppy at times and then totally fluid like smokey, undulating water. The first of it reached me, wrapping around my ankle with a barely there touch, gliding upwards. More joined it, wrapping around my arms, my neck. At the slightest pressure from the shadow my head tilted back, eyes closing. The feel of them against my skin brought with it images and impressions of the past. I could feel them, the past warlords, their indecipherable words. I'd never felt anything like it, and I probably never would again. 

The shadows surged and I inhaled, drawing them into my body, feeling them spread out and reach every part of my body and corner of my mind. It wasn't like something invading my being, but more like something joining with it. It wasn't a separate extension of me but something that bonded with the very core of who I was. I felt weightless and dizzy, but another force was holding me upright. My head dropped, chin against my chest as my body pulsed with a power I hadn't expected. I'd known Warlords were stronger, but it was different when you were actually experiencing it. 

Just like that it was over. My body grew stronger as the dizziness faded. I looked down at myself, almost surprised that it didn't show when I felt so different within. Even my mind felt stronger, filled with a sense of wisdom that I could now call mine. I looked at Ghost a barely there nod was my signal to her that it was done, that it had worked. Then I was turning, wind rustling the feathers as I my eyes sought out his. Power was still flooding my veins, like a tide. A surge of it had my eyes glowing, no longer green but blue now, at the same time that I looked at him, the bonfire dimming behind me and a hush setting over the pack at Ghost's signal.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:56 am

I was losing my idea of what was real and what wasn't. I felt more connected to the people behind her, I felt more connected to her. The beauty of the ritual was enhanced by her presence suddenly, in the way that the fire seemed to light up her eyes and kiss all of the right places on her body with it's glow. I didn't even realize the way Ollurian was looking at me, even though I did feel his eyes on me, because I was too lost in looking at her. I had an overwhelming feeling that I had made the right choice. I had spent the days prior to this night dealing with disapproval, and sometimes doubt. I had agreed to this because of the need to make my word something wolves could trust, starting with earning her trust. I had given her my word, and I followed through by granting her this one wish. For the first time I fully felt I had made the right decision regarding this night.

My eyes narrowed on hers again and I had to fight the urge to be closer to her, it was like trying to fight gravity. I welcomed the distraction of the smoke crawling over her skin, pushing us seconds away from the moment of no return. I finally let my eyes see beyond her, catching the reactions in the faces of those not chanting. I scanned the crowed, until finally landing on the man beside me, Ollurian. His eyes darted between her and myself and a vindictive smile formed on his face before he turned to disappear into the forest. His refusal to participate a clear sign of his decision to go lone wolf, but his smile spoke of the storm that would follow. Only I wouldn't know when, or where.

I turned back to her, seeing her raise her head to Ghost, and finally she turned back to me. For the first time my solid form broke in the form of a smile, and my eyes flashed a bright white in response to her now icy blues. The silence caught my attention long enough to step forward as the blade was pulled from Ghosts holster. Her words were muted by my inability to look anywhere other than those glowing blue eyes. They represented so much more than her rank. I realized that now, I hadn't before, but at that time I was in her shoes, and now I was in Odin's. I understood now.

Ghost made the cut into her left palm and passed the blade. I extended my left hand to Oveyx, not wincing when the blade pierced my skin but instead, I smiled again, and took the blade from her. I made my cut into Ghosts left palm, and made the mark onto her arm, as she made hers on Oveyx, and Oveyx made hers onto me. When our hands dropped to our sides, the silence wasn't broken until the drum started beating again, and in that moment it was like we had gone from sitting in an empty room to standing beside a roaring waterfall. Ghost gave Oveyx one of the biggest and welcoming smiles I had ever seen, and in that moment I felt like the herbs had gone from 0 to 60.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:33 am

My body buzzed with tension, like I was tightly wound from the feeling of my new-found power. Like it would burst outwards if I didn't find something to channel it into. A shudder wracked my body, and then another before the surge finally eased, though my eyes still glowed. The potency of the burning herbs really didn't help a damned bit when it came to controlling myself, the heady mix of that and my new strength combining to make me pretty much higher than a fucking kite, but not in the unsettling, disjointed way that I remembered from the time before. Everything was enhanced, amplified. My senses were sharper now, seeing things with new clarity, sounds were deeper, scents richer. It was intoxicating without anything else added in.

All of this was channeling through me, but my focus didn't waver from Onyx, a grin spreading across my face when he smiled, a burst of energy making me shake again, but in a way that was less involuntary and more a sense of delicious anticipation. How long would it be like this? This euphoria that came from becoming so much more than I had been. There was so much to take in, but only one thing that occupied my mind. For someone who'd gained so much in senses I was hopelessly self-absorbed in that moment. How long had I been looking at him now? I couldn't tell, and I didn't care either.

When the knife was passed to me I managed to look at Ghost, reminded myself that she was crucial to the ritual and deserve more of my focus. Yeah, nice thought but it wasn't like it was going to last long. I did make the effort though, looking her in the eye as I took the blade, acknowledging her before turning to Onyx, looking at his palm as I took his hand, quickly making the cut and then passing it to him, smiling back as my chest rose rapidly with my breathing. We marked each other, a part of the ritual that was more symbolic than actual magic but it was this that made me truly feel for the first time that I belonged in this position. I looked between the other two, the magnitude of this moment crashing down on me, the drums starting up in that moment. I exhaled, relief coursing through me. It was over, I'd done it.

I nodded at Ghost and gave her a small smile in return, listening as she said something about going to be with her friends but promising to find me later. Oh right, I guessed that meant she wanted to be chummy? I wasn't sure how I felt about that, but I already had more respect for her little finger than I'd ever had for all of Spirit. I watched her go, seeing the other wolves starting to dance or drink again. I bounced on the heels of my feet again, just taking it all in while I waited for yet another wave of pent up energy sweep through me. Finally I let my focus return to Onyx, smirk curving my lips. So, somebody cleans up nicely. My gaze traveled down the length of his body again and I growled slightly, quiet enough that only he'd hear. I hadn't meant to react like that, but I was almost painfully aware of him right then.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm

I need to speak with you later. I called to Ghost, she turned and nodded before continuing forward. And I turned my attention back to Oveyx. And you too, but seeing as it's your first night as rank, I'll spare you work details until tomorrow. The message was more or less the same for the both of them, but I would need to speak to them privately, away from one another. What I would tell Ghost and what I would tell Oveyx were two entirely different things. I couldn't let Ollurian's bullshit ruin everyone's night, I was struggling to keep it from ruining my own. But luckily that problem was remedied when Ghost passed by again. She slipped a bottle in my hand without a word and without even stopping, and moved towards a group of women sitting on the steps to the cabin.

It was in that moment when I was beginning to see trails attached to anything that moved. My hands, her hands, the bodies around me, the trees. Everything was leaving a blur of color behind as it moved. It was like I was being shown where everything had been moments prior. I used my forearm to wipe the sweat from my forehead, and then tucked the bottle under my arm before wiping my eyes. Nope, that didn't make it go away. Fuck it, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a handkerchief then reached for Oveyx' hand. I guess it's a good thing you've never seen me in a suit if you consider this ''cleaned up''. I joked as I wrapped the handkerchief around her hand to protect the wound.

And you uh... I secured the handkerchief and continued to hold her hand in mine, staring at my bandage work. I kept staring at her hand, trying to find the right words and using the shitty handkerchief wrap job as an excuse to buy me some time. I was done, she knew I was done, so why the fuck would I think this was believable? I finally dropped her hand and used mine to gesture at her body, ...You're very... Hot. You're hot, and I'd like to take this opportunity to see if you wanna disappear behind a tree somewhere so we can fuck, if that'd be alright with you. Painty. Of all the fucking words to come out of my mouth, of all the things I could have said, I just told this woman that she was very ''painty''. What the fuck that wasn't even a word!

I tried to ignore what I had just done by twisting the cap off of my bottle and taking a swig. What the fuck, it was her fucking fault anyway for telling me I cleaned up nice or whatever the fuck it was she had said. If it wasn't for that bullshit I wouldn't have even felt the need to give her some shitty ''painty'' compliment in the first place. I took another drink and an irritated growl escaped me as I pulled the bottle away from my mouth. I closed my eyes and sighed, and when I opened them I tried with everything I fucking had to keep from fryin' balls over the fucking trails everything was leaving behind, and looked her in her eyes. You look like a Warlord. I said calmly as I held the bottle out to her. Maybe it wasn't a great compliment to her physical appearance, which was something apparently I couldn't give her in this moment, but it was a good fucking compliment regardless.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics