setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Metamorphosis - Page 6

[Private] Metamorphosis

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Metamorphosis

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Never in my entire life had I felt anything like this. Internally it was like fucking explosions going off and electrify my blood. My heart pumped frantically and every beat felt like it was resonating through my body, causing my rippling waves of sensation that I had no way of described. It was surreal, like I was more aware of my body than I'd ever been. My mind whirled with so many different thoughts at once, some being pushed to the side before I could finish them or even fully comprehend I'd had them in the first place. My skin burned but not in a bad way. Every brush of air felt so much... more substantial and I was so much more aware of it.

And that was only a fraction of it, nothing compared to how much everything else around me was having an effect. Every noise distracted me, my eyes darting to try located each sound. My gaze kept returning to my moving hand though, and the skin it was moving against. I wasn't sure if my fingertips were picking up on his pulsing blood beneath his skin or if I was just more aware of my own. The feeling increased when I rested my head on him. I laughed when he spoke, shaking my head slightly even as it was pressed against his chest. Your voice sounds so weird. Mine did too actually and I laughed again as I realized it. I stopped when I felt his hand against hair, suddenly feeling relaxed by the motion. My eyes almost closed but it was the sound of that water that had pulled me back.

Late to the party but at least you realized it eventually. I was pretty brilliant. I definitely felt a puffed up sense of pride at realizing how good a dip would feel right now. My legs were still shaking but not as badly as they had been. I grinned and leaned forward to ruffle his hair when he covered his face, not even sure why I found the action so amusing.

A small flare of frustration hit me at the ease it which he stood, knowing how my own legs were about as stable as Jell-O right then. It faded when he spread his arms, laughing at him just standing there like that. I stretched my own arms in imitation, getting caught up in the way I could feel my muscles shift from even that simple action. It was so relaxing that I stretched them up over my head, getting distracted when my hands skimmed against the bark of the tree I was sitting against. The small, bumps and raised lines were so intricate and complicated.

I was so caught up that I didn't notice anything until Onyx spoke, opening eyes I couldn't remember closing and feeling them widen as what he said sunk in. I pressed closer against the tree as he shifted, feeling way too out of sorts to just switch right back into functioning normally at the drop of a hat. I moved my head forward, trying to peer round the edge of tree just as a loud noise ripped through the air causing me to pull back sharply, on instinct. It took me a second to realize it was a gunshot and another to realize that I should probably be panicking but wasn't. What do we do? My mind was still catching on so many things that I could barely focus on what was happening now. But I knew that something had to be done.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:37 pm

I light breeze sent waves of air through my coat and I nearly broke focus. Shit this wasn't fucking good. I needed to somehow change my fucking perspective on shit. I needed to find the mage blood induced power that I'd had when I was making the kill, and snap out of this relaxing high. It was possible, I could feel the urge to fight loitering in the back of my mind, I just needed to find a way to bring it to the front. Luckily my task was made easy at the sound of gunfire. This time it wasn't the wind sending a chill down my back, it was self defense mode kicking in.

I heard her ask what we should do but I ignored it and let my actions speak for themselves. What if the person that fired that shot had seen? What if they saw us? I wasn't just going to kill a fucking human, which was definitely the scent I sensed when I dashed forward. But I needed to at least see their face, even if it was dangerous to go rushing into the fight in my current form while my opponent held a firearm.

A female figure came into view and from the look of her stance I could only assume she'd spotted our mess, and maybe even us. I took another step forward, trying to get a better view of her face when a twig snapped beneath my feet. The aim of her barrel quickly turned in my direction, my eyes a dead giveaway. I stood up to my full height and held still, growling in my throat while trying to read her movements. Well fuck, bullet wound wasn't on my list of events for the fucking evening...

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:03 pm

I couldn't believe I'd fired, my heart hammering away in my chest so hard it felt it would slam straight through my rib cage to join the other remains by my feet. It was such a rookie mistake. Murderer or not, insane or not, shooting blindly was just so, so stupid. What if there were other civilians in the woods - other victims still alive?

A snap of a twig had me pivoting round, gun first, to see whatever horror I shared the forest with. Whatever I had been expecting, it was not the reality.

I stared at the wolf, gun still aimed forward in my outstretched hands - but I didn't shoot. All I could think of was that day, when I'd seen Sam.... and the wolf. This one was just as horrifically huge, menacing and dark, and my breath caught in my throat from a mixture of fear and desperation. I started shaking, gripping my gun tightly. I could talk a person down. I couldn't talk an animal down. I had no idea what it's body language meant except the growl, which sent a tremor through my body. It seemed to grow even larger, a monstrosity.

Quote Begin Sam?Quote End I choked out despite myself, my usual protocol and sensibility thrown to the wind during the freakish, chilling night. It didn't even make sense to myself, Sam, being a wolf. It was impossible, ridiculous. That look in the wolf's eyes from before though, that haunted look, that was so familiar...

That same look imprinted in my mind just confirmed that my words were in vain when I caught a flash of this wolf's eyes. It wasn't even the same wolf. I was standing in front of a massive, wild wolf, and I was struck with fear that it wasn't Sam, terrified of the predicament I was in. I wanted to step back, to run, but instead I stood my ground as survival instinct kicked in.

My finger pressed harder against the trigger and I swallowed, every small movement painstaking in case it set the wild animal off. I slowly tilted the barrel of my gun so it was aimed between the creature's eyes. Quote Begin I'm sorry..Quote End I said under my breath, quieter than a whisper. I wouldn't enjoy killing an animal however dangerous it was, but I wasn't willing to die in those woods that night either. This was about self-preservation.

But my heart still felt heavy when I squeezed the trigger.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:50 pm

The small shred of sanity that was still floating around in my mind was just enough to give me the feeling that I'd usually be reacting very fucking differently to this situation. But whatever that reaction would be just was damn elusive right then. I peered around the tree again, watching Onyx's movements and wondering if I should shift too. Would that just give whoever the hell was out there more targets? I mean, not that it really mattered but the idea of getting shot right then made me shrink back from the idea. Pain had no place in ecstasy like this, and I wasn't interested in finding out what happened if you mixed them.

My ears caught a voice, a vague sense of familiarity sweeping through me but quickly being washed away by every other thought in my overcrowded brain. I was tempted to reach out and just grab him and pull him back or something, though I had no idea why. Running just seemed like the best idea, like turning your mind away from thoughts you didn't want to dwell on and concentrating on better things. The word she said echoed through my mind a few times, a name that I felt like I should know but I just couldn't fucking remember.

I peered out again, this time determined to see the owner of the voice but instead I just caught her words and my eyes focused in on the weapon in her hand and the way her finger was starting to pull the trigger. Instinctively I was shifting, darting out from behind the tree and flying past her side and skidding to a stop, snarl building in my throat. I would not cower behind a fucking tree. It was a human. Just a human. The noise of another gunshot filled my ears but it missed and my ears flattened. I was so fucked. Almost too fucked to  control the animal side of me, the viciousness that I could still feel roiling in my guy from taking down that mage. I barked at her, daring her to turn her gun on me. My thoughts whirled and for one second I almost wondered what I was doing. What was the point in killing a human? But then the high swept over me again, bringing my temper back.

My forelegs tensed like I was about to spring before clarity struggled it's way to the surface again. I glanced at Onyx, just about managing to open up my gift and give him a glimpse at the internal struggle. This had to be some sort of sensory fucking overload. As though the combination of becoming a warlord and my first mage kill had cloaked my humanity.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:21 pm

OOC Message
I'm so sorry this is short, I didn't want the whole ''biting'' process to happen so fast either but honestly I think it was unavoidable. (I tried to prolong it but it read like I was trying to prolong it so I deleted and rewrote lol.) I guess it's okay though, since the whole process isn't a long one anyway. :D

My intention quickly shifted. I was no longer trying to get a good look at the humans face, now all I cared about was scaring her off. Guns and me didn't mix unless I was the one holding them in my hands. When it came to guns and me in wolf form, that was dangerous. Fuck, if I was a human I wouldn't hesitate to shoot if I came across something that looked like me.

Everything happened so fast, Oveyx appearing in her wolf form, the human aiming her gun at me and the words she spoke. I was distracted by everything and time wasn't moving any slower. I did the only thing I could do in that moment and lunged forward, knocking the human back, and the act sent the bullet she fired into the air. My teeth sunk into her forearm and I violently shook her arm forcing her to release her weapon. Once it was free I kicked it away from her using my hind legs and released my jaws. I didn't want to hurt her anymore than was neccessary, it was a do or die situation, so I did what I had to do. The bark from Oveyx happened just as I tried to send her a message to ''run''. I was unsure if we were even connected so I rushed towards her and used my jaws to pull at her tail before running away from the human as fast as I possibly could.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics