setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Metamorphosis

[Private] Metamorphosis

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Private] Metamorphosis

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:43 pm

Thread Details

index wolf den | clear with full moon | Backdated to March 5, 10:24 p.m.

Oh God. This was actually happening. Shit, shit, shit, it was fucking crazy how you can spend a month preparing for something but still feel like you just got hit by a train when it happens. The last week of it had felt so goddamned frantic, trying to cram in as much as I could and still just feeling like it wasn't enough. Was I ready? Fuck, I didn't know. What I did know was that I still wanted this, more than I had originally if anything. The prospect was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time, not to mention fucking exhausting. So many things could've gone wrong. Maybe even still could go wrong. I glanced towards the window, biting my lip. Vaesa had said that everyone was still hadn't turned, but it wasn't like I could actually to go over and check for my fucking self. I fidgeted constantly, earning the occasional sigh from the two females that had been enlisted to work on the body paint. Fucking awkward as shit. I wasn't exactly bother by nudity, mine or anyone else's, but having two chicks paint you while you stand bare-ass naked for multiple hours was weird no matter what. 

The door opened, my attention snapping to it but it was just Vaesa coming back in. "You'll ruin the paint on your face doing that." I rolled my eyes but stopped biting my lip anyway. Well? What's happening? She didn't answer straight away, just picking up more paint and walking towards me, repairing the damage I'd done with a couple of quick strokes. "Everything is on time. And yes, everyone is still in human form." I nodded distractedly, thinking. This meant the ancestors approved my rank change, everyone would have turned like every full moon if they didn't. Fucking hell, at least that was a relief. 

Vaesa stepped back, giving me the once over. This whole 'outfit', if you could call it that, had been her idea. The pack was furious about a female being given such a rank. A non pack-born female too. But mainly the fact I didn't have a dick was the problem. Ozra's first had approached me when my promotion had gotten out, offering to help. She approved whole shitstorm and what it could mean for she-wolves. That was why she'd pitched this idea to me, emphasizing the fact that I was female and a warrior at the same time, showing I didn't fear the opinion of the pack and wasn't ashamed to be a female. Or something like that anyway, I couldn't remember exactly what the hell she'd say, kinda hung up on the image of going through with it.

"Don't be nervous." I'm not- I started to say, on autopilot since it was a fucking lie, but my words were cut off by a knock. Oh shit, shit, shit. I didn't move as Vaesa marched over to open the door. "Go away, we're not ready yet." The way she was standing blocked the door, but I didn't need to look to know who it was. His scent came through before the door had even opened. No, it's fine I can just- I started, trying to reach for the sheer wrap waiting on a table, but Vaesa turned, glaring at me as she turned, speaking as she closed the door. "I just said you're not ready! Don't touch that before the paint has dried!" I pulled my hand back, glaring sullenly at her. Vaesa was cool and all, but could be a stone-cold bitch. Which was probably why I kinda liked her really. 

The other females finally finished, stepping back and giving me my first bit of space in too fucking long. Right, this was it. I ran through everything again in my head in the five minutes it took for the paint to fully dry. The things I'd need to do or say, not wanting to fuck up because that would just be... well, shit. Vaesa tested the paint and I could finally tie the wrap around my hips, finally not feeling as naked even though it pretty much left nothing to the imagination. A blanket was drapped over my shoulders and I clung to it like a fucking life raft, keeping in tightly closed. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and squaring my shoulders. I could hear the door being opened again. "Now she's ready." Fuck it, I guess I was.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Metamorphosis

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:27 pm

I lit up a stogie and instinctively looked at Ghost, expecting something to come out of her mouth. It was fucking balls stupid how accustomed you could get to someone, especially someone like Ophiuchus. Ophiuchus wasn't opposed to smoking, but she searched for reasons to be when I wanted to smoke. The kind of person that just looked for reasons to be pissed at someone no matter what they were doing. My eyes locked with Ghosts and I was about to ask her what the fuck her problem was, expecting her to voice her opinion against it but she just awkwardly smiled at me. She was probably confused, I had been staring at her after all. So, I broke eye contact without returning the facial expression and took in a deep breath as I watched the painted bodies dance in front of me, with Ghost sitting by my side. Shit I could get used to this.

I hope you know what to do. I finally said over the loud banging of the drums. Her eyes had closed but she opened one of them to look at me before closing them again. ''I know what I need to do. What you need to do is stop distracting me. I cannot connect with them unless you let me feel the warmth from the fire and hear nothing but the steady beat of the drum. You do want this to work don't you?'' She spoke slowly, trying to talk to me without losing her connection to the other side. I knew she needed to channel them, and I knew it took a fuck load of control to do it. But fuck, what was I supposed to do? I was getting fucking sick of sitting my ass on this boney as shit log and I wanted something to drink to go with my cigarette. Fuck could we start already? I was fighting with myself to get up and go see what the fuck was taking so long when one of the dancers moved by me, spitting at my feet before making their way back around the fire. Fuck you. I muttered, not wanting to make a scene and give the pack a reason to think it's a sign that Oveyx wasn't meant to make rank. That was the last straw for me. I finally got up and started towards the cabin, with nothing but the burning ember from the end of my cigarette to keep me company.

I tucked the filter of my cigarette between my lips and knocked on the door, seeing Vaesa's face as it opened only a crack in front of me. Well fuck Vae, hurry this shit up I'm fucking- My neck craned as I tried to see into the room, my voice trailing off as I tried to see what the fuck they were even doing. The door closed before I could finish. I turned around to examine the scene below me. The fire, the beat of the drum which was only muted by the sound of wind passing in front of me, the people, everything. You'd think I was having some deep and meaningful fucking thought, when really the only thought I had was my reluctance to walk all the way down the fucking steps back to my seat. That shit was fucking far.

I heard the door open again and Vaesa's voice along with it. Fuck, about time. I said before flicking my cigarette off to the side and swiftly moving down the steps back to my seat. I leaned in to speak into Ghosts ear, She's coming.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Shit, I could do this. I wanted to do this and there was no fucking way I was about to be a pussy. I'd never backed down from anything, not because I didn't want to or thought I couldn't. Not for any reason. And I had every reason not to want to back down from this. Fuck, thinking about the strength alone was enough to make me push past any apprehension I was feeling. Another deep breath. One more. I opened my eyes, nodding at Vaesa and the other two wolves before walking past them, pulling the door open fully and stepping through. 

The wolves didn't notice at first, and I was actually kinda grateful for it. It gave me a few moments to look them over, watch what they were doing without being observed. Fuck, had the pack always been this big? My hands twitched where they held the blanket as I thought again about what I was going to do. My heart rate picked up and again I was drawing in a deep lungful of air. But I wasn't about to let nerves take the hell over, not at this point. It might not have been at the point of no return, but it was damn close.

I started down the steps, slowly at first, working off those last few fucking clinging bits of reluctance. A light wind hit off my leg, the fold of the two blanket halves parting and revealing my legs around mid-thigh with each step I took. I glance down, looking at the body paint there. They stood out a shitload against my skin in this lighting, the glow of the bonfire making them almost glow in places. Damn, I had to admit that they looked pretty fucking good, but what would the overall effect end up being? This could probably go really fucking wrong. The bonfire crackled loudly, spark shouting up and drawing my attention away from my thoughts. I could see Onyx by it, and the new spirtual leader, Ghost. She looked like she was concentrating pretty hard, so obviously she was taking this pretty seriously. On less thing to worry about, I guess.

Vaguely I noticed that the noise was lessening. Voices quieted and the drums slowed, then stopped fully. I gulped, my gaze switching from Ghost to Onyx and I sucked in a quick breath. Fuck, he was shirtless. Like it wasn't going to be goddamned hard enough to concentrate without that. You'd think after a month you'd at least build up some kinda indifference but... Every. Damn. Time.

It was totally silent by the time I stepped into the fires' circle of light, but I resisted the urge to look at the pack. Instead I just squared my shoulders, straightening to my full height. So, we gonna get this show on the road or what? I said, looking at the two pack leaders, eyebrow arched, like I hadn't been the thing keeping them waiting.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:53 pm

OOC Message
This color indicates Vincent referencing/talking about Peyton. :)

My heart was racing when I sat down. I could run for miles in my other form, but just dashing down a few steps made my chest pound. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes as I exhaled. But when my eyes opened Ghosts hand was in mine. Her touch so delicate I didn't even feel it happen. Her eyes were still closed, but the movement under her lids was almost hypnotizing. Her head was tilted towards the sky causing her mouth to open slightly, and despite the noise I could have swore I could hear her repeating something over and over again. This was nothing like Ophiuchus, I knew each spiritual leader had their own methods and physical quirks when it came to contact, but... It felt real coming from Ghost. Like when she connected, she connected deep, and didn't run from anything on the other side the way Ophiuchus did. I guess that was the difference between a spiritual leader that was meant to lead, and a child.

Her fingers quivered on my palm. This wasn't an attempt to play ''let's hold hands'', she was actually doing something... But... I could feel it, the thing she had mentioned earlier. That pounding in my chest had found rhythm with the beat of the drum. The waves of heat from the fire were carried on the wind and I could feel it on my skin and through my hair. I could feel exactly what she had said before. And that wasn't it, it was like everything was becoming amplified. My eyes focused intently on the fire and the bodies of the people moving in front of my line of sight. The people were feeling it too. She was amplifying her contact in such a way I could almost hear the ancestors whispers, like some kind of barely audible radio chatter. And as amazed and connected as I felt inside, my outside was solid and firm. I couldn't have even told you what I was thinking prior to this, all I knew was everything, the drums, the people, the fire, were all connected. It was... surprisingly invigorating.

As every sound around me started to slowly dull, Ghost stood up, her head still turned the sky and eyes still rapidly moving behind her eyelids. But it was like there was an invisible string connecting her movements to everyone around me, including myself. When she stood, we all stood. I hadn't even thought to stand, it just happened, and I wasn't even opposed to my lack of control over it. I normally would have, but there was this overwhelming sense of peace and hunger for this feeling to be amplified further, that I didn't even care. My ears caught the sound of her footsteps before my eyes saw her. I straightened out my back and held my head high, letting only my eyes see her from her feet to her head. My expression was focused. Not even the words she spoke could break me, or anyone else out of this. I found comfort in knowing that.

Without moving any other part of her body, Ghosts eyes shot open. She slowly moved her head down from the stars and slowly took her steps towards Oveyx, and my attention turned to her as well, along with everyone else. The way the fire illuminated the side of her face that was barely visible from where I was standing. She was almost... celestial to me.

The gift from Ghost was passed to Oveyx first. My unbreakable focus on Oveyx put so much intense power in my eyes that there wasn't enough to share with my ears. It didn't matter, even without hearing Ghost, I could feel everything she said. Her voice and what she was speaking was reaching to all of my other senses. I stared at her hands as she was passed the tomahawk, and my eyes moved to her face as she knelt down, my mind going back to that word again, celestial.

I took a slow paced step towards Ollurian. Reluctance was all over his face as he knelt, the fire causing the beads of sweat on the sides of his face to glow. I didn't hesitate to remove the headdress from him, despite the look on his face, and despite the sound he made when I did. I carried it in both of my hands to Ghost, my pace still slow, but steady. I passed the headdress to her and backed up to where I had been standing before.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:52 am

Now that I was starting to stop focusing so inwardly I was noticing so many things about the night. The clear sky giving an unobstructed view of the moon, the slight breeze that carried a hundred different, subtle scent beneath the more potent smell coming from the bonfire. Even the chatter of the forest was quiet, noticeable only because of it's absence. Then there was the sense of anticipation, not just my own either but something that hung above us, almost tangible. 

It was only after I'd spoken that I noticed something else. Something there but not. It was totally otherworldly and I didn't stand a chance as it ran through me, leaving behind a sense of awe. I didn't know how to describe it, wasn't used to this... feeling. I looked at Ghost again. So this was what a good spiritual leader could do? I felt like I understood her purpose so much more now. This was... so much more than I'd expected. My heart slowed and a tendril of piece slipped into my mind, growing and blanketing out any fear I'd felt. There wasn't a doubt in my mind anymore about this. No matter what the pack thought I'd prove that I deserved this, that I could make a difference. I didn't think about failing. They might not realize it yet, but they were depending on this chance, this totally wildcard of an idea, working out. Adapt, change. Without it we'd fade, nothing in this life was constant. Nothing except the surety of getting left behind id you couldn't keep up.

My gaze flickered again, breath catching slightly when my eyes met his. He looked... different. Now that I was close enough I could see it. It wasn't a physical thing, more of a sense of radiating power. I had to force myself to look back at ghost, watching her with the slightest twinge of respect tightening my stomach. There was no way Spirit could've done this, no way in hell and not with a fraction of the same feeling. The wind carried more than scents now, my mind calm enough to detect the hum beneath it. Like voices but not.

I took the gift from her, a spirit catcher. Something I knew she had made herself because that was part of the ritual. It looked like any dream catcher, but the moment I touched it I felt that it was more, as if intention alone had changed it. She was chanting, words that I could understand and for a moment my memory turned to my father. The man whom I'd inherited an entire culture from, who's taught me the words I was hearing now. I drew my hand back, switching it with the hand holding the blanket so that I'd be ready for the next part. 

Then it was Onyx's turn. My eyes drifted back to his like they were magnetic, that sense of power even stronger now. Would I have even a fraction of this after tonight? I tightened my hand into a fist for a moment, so that when I uncurled my fingers and reached my hand out to accept the tomahawk my hand was still, like I was unshakable. I looked at the gift, my eyes catching on the details. Like the way the top was stone, not metal, and the leather work that was understated but suited it perfectly. I slid my grip to the end and gave it a half spin. Even though it would probably never be use the balance was perfect. 

I clutched my gifts to my chest, hands holding either corner of the blanket. It was almost time, but I was still filled with that sense of peace. It stayed with me even as I knelt, keeping my mind clear as I did. I focused on Ghost's words even as I watched Onyx move towards Ollurian. I hadn't thought about him much in all this, hadn't had time to dwell on it. Would he ever get over losing rank? Maybe look back one day and realize he never would've if he'd fulfilled his role properly. I turned my gaze straight when headdress was taken from him, not looking at the symbol of my new rank. Instead I closed my eyes and waited until I felt the weight of it settle on my head and shoulders, like a physical manifestation of responsibility.

Not even the borrowed serenity could blot out the way my heart thundered when I realized it was time. I stood, a surge of adrenaline bursting through my veins, wiping away doubt and any sense of false modesty. I let the blanket drop, keeping my gifts in my hands. The sudden exposure to the air causing goosebumps on my skin from awareness and the feeling of so many eyes on me. I didn't feel embarrassed or self conscious, truly thinking for the first time that Vaesa had been right to suggested this. I felt like a warrior, proud, strong and female. I had every right to stand here, unashamed of who I was. Again my gaze was drawn to him as my arms fell to my sides and tilted my chin up in a gesture both proud and defiant.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics