setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open] Courtship - Page 2

[Open] Courtship

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open] Courtship

Lillium Ainsworth |

Posted on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:29 pm

OOC Message

It always comes down to politics, doesn't it? My tone was perhaps more bitter than I had meant it to be, but I felt I had more then enough reason for it. After my time at the Manor and all their twisted webs of familial politics the underpinnings of a small Northwestern town seemed almost inviting. I appreciate your concern, your care, but Gayle I'm no stranger to delicate situations. I paused in order to sip my drink, savoring the freshness of the lemon. I didn't want her to think that I was brushing her concerns aside. I won't go looking for trouble, because if you're mentioning it then it means there must be some to be had, and not just trifles. I'm not dismissing you. I leaned forward across our small table, setting my drink down and locking my eyes with hers, But I am asking you to trust in me. Something tells me you want to.

That became more intense than I had anticipated much more quickly than I would have thought. The commentary on the town's sheriff did draw a smile, as well as the slight lilt of what I assumed to be her mother tongue. Depending on how much I drank tonight, my lovely elder might hear mine as well. Well... law enforcement has long drawn that type, I feel. To the compliment that followed I also raised my glass and took a drink, a thought occurring as I did. When my glass once again was safely on the table, I asked what had come to mind.

It seems likely if not inevitable that I will run into.. situations. Besides the town's head enforcer of law, who should I look for? Or look out for?

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:16 pm

I nodded, agreeing with her statement without verbalizing it. I stared ahead at the musical act, thinking about just how much politics would be getting in the way of what I was doing, and already were. I couldn't help but to find it charming how careful Lillium was. I really must have quite the reputation. Everyone was just so careful around me, and really I guess I had no one to blame but myself for that. Sure, I wasn't afraid to make sure that my path was clear.

It's nothing formidable, Lil, sometimes I just feel like I exist on a different plane. I'm not even claiming to be on higher ground than those around me, although I can see where that confusion originates. I chased my speech down with a large volume of gin, and sat the glass back onto the table. I'm just very, very stubborn. And I have a different philosophy than the Supremacy.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to cease that stubbornness? To stop caring? Maybe I would be that singer in front of the mic stand; her greatest concern was a flawless ribbon of sound pouring from her lips. I could do that. I could look pretty and smile and maybe sing. But then again, I couldn't. I'd lived many lives, I'd done so many things, and not one thing about any of them had mattered. It was unbelievably short the amount of time it took for your influence to be forgotten.

I do want to, and I do find I want to favor you, Lillium. I'm currently considering whether you're so carefully polite all of the time or just with me. I finally pulled my attention from the stage, to smile genuinely at the young one beside me. You know, it's not like I'll shred you to pieces if I disagreed with you. And I couldn't help but to laugh. Because that's how I had been treated by my own kind, most of the time.

Oh, goodness! I was used to being so careful myself, and I'd just driveled on and on and I hadn't even really... I think all this girl wanted was some pointers to getting along in this town and here I was having a pity party about being lonely. Surely everything she'd heard about me had been completely replaced with just how sad and old I was.

As for your question, within our kind there's nothing more than one or two who are a nuisance. Although I fear I've really angered the local pack leader. I chuckled after I spoke. But I'd spilled enough beans; no need to bore Lillium with the details of local drama.

Back to top Go down

Lillium Ainsworth |

Posted on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 pm

I was somewhat taken aback by Gayle's speech, the raw frankness of it touching something within me that felt almost cruel not to show when the elder sitting across from me was so obviously starved for companionship. I would have thought it an act had it been anyone else and delivered with anything other than Gayle's particular flippancy. A more direct pronouncement of such a thing would have been an obvious trap, but this way... it just made my chest tighten with sympathy.

Gayle.. I said softly, my eyes trained on the woman across from me with less intensity than before. My expression softened, but I was mindful not to make it seem as if I pitied her. I didn't, but seeming as if I did may be insulting and was the last thing I wanted to do. We have disagreed before, as I recall, and with refreshing results. My... tendency toward utmost tact is an occupational hazard. I hope you realize that it isn't personal... I just enjoy my afterlife and would like to continue to enjoy it. As we become more familiar, I will lighten up. A small smile, friendly and reassuring, curled my lips. I wanted to reach out, to lay my hand on Gayle's arm, and my hand almost crossed the gulf of space between us before lowering politely back to the table. A change of subject. Yes. Good.

In my experience, wolves tend to be a little temperamental. But they can be managed. A night over thirty years gone and I could still feel the rough bark of the willow pressed to my back while my mouth was filled with the sweetest blood and my lover buried himself within me, our silhouettes in the gazing pool nearby traced in silver moonlight. It was my first time, remarkable in and of itself but made all the more so by the Manor's chief gardener. He was a wolf.

The music pulled be back and I realized that my reverie had lead to a drag in the conversation. My smile returned with renewed force, I remember when I first heard this on the radio. What were you doing all those bygone years ago, Gayle? Any particular favorite times in your very long unlife?

Back to top Go down

Gayle Shaffer | Vampire; Ancient

Posted on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:00 pm

There was no way to continue being an intelligent creature without being a little bit human, with a few human faults and mistakes. I knew the thought process in my mind currently was a mistake, comparing Lillium to Noelle. Noelle was a child still, even the human perspective. The thing about her that was both refreshing and bothersome was how aloof she was. She wasn't an idiot, not by any means, but she was carried herself as a pompous woman with nothing to back it up. What did she do? She ate easy pickings and took their valuables. Lilium seemed so far a fantastic role model for my progeny. I wanted Noelle to have something to do, something to not make her feel important but to be important.

I'm glad to hear that, I responded, not a trace of my musings on Noelle coming to surface. In fact, any solemn inspirations I'd had let leak had all but vanished. Being cautious isn't a flaw, I remarked, an eyebrow raised before tipping up the tumbler for another refreshing drink. I replaced the glass on the table and inwardly was relieved as she'd apparently questioned and then decided against a sympathetic touch. I had dropped my guard, but only for a brief moment, and while it wasn't entirely intentional, I did trust my instincts. They'd had plenty of time to cultivate, and sometimes the most erratic of choices were our instincts, causing us to swerve in the correct direction. Perhaps that vulnerable moment was just the window into what Lilium needed to see to create some form of trust between us.

Easily, dear, easily, and I remembered that it wasn't quite as easy as usual with Vincent, when it came to my Noelle, but I had reasons to suspect that had more to do with Noelle and less to do with the incredibly green alpha wolf at the head of the Pacific pack. It had actually caused a small amount of pride to fill my chest, even if the troubles had been more than a nuisance to me.

I would give in to the nostalgia, once in a while, and now would be one of those times. I did hold back my usual tendency to remind my conversation partner that looking back wasn't generally my thing, at least not in this life. I'd come a long way, and I appreciated where I was, even if I barely remembered the chores and burdens of my human life. I do remember sleeping on cold ground, I remembered human hungers and pains, and I remembered vague snippets of the death of my family. But with one purpose, to remind myself that this "life" was my reward, not a curse. Why couldn't humanity be the same? Why did everyone want to go back to a supposed simpler time? But I couldn't sit here on my high horse and claim that I'd never had times that I missed, times that I'd thought about.
Very long? What are you trying to say? I grinned, obviously a jest in hopes of further easing the environment for us both. I thought about it, my eyes moved up as if they were attempting to literally look at my brain for those somewhat fuzzy memories for a few of my favorites. And it the realization crashed on me that it was only in a fairly recent life that I had been much, much like my own progeny.

The nineteen twenties, dear, what I consider the actual sexual revolution. My eyes left my "brain" and found Lilium again. But some things never change, like the connection between booze and sex, right? I took another drink. Your turn, Lil,

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics